Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756536 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3090 on: May 29, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »
Very well said, Anil Ji. As Nochur Acharya says in a satsang the guru outside pushes you inside and the inner guru pulls you.

In my opinion, I see this is what happens practically too - when I find Self Enquiry very hard in the midst of some severe prarabdha occassions, I immediately think of Bhagawan and you get the power to automatically fall back into Self Enquiry mode. I know forms and names dont matter and all that stuff - but still the infinite beauty and grace of Bhagawan's eyes and his majestic image is something I always needed to put me back on Self Enquiry path when situations are not conducive to self enquiry.

Namaskar
Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 29, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

Yes,quite true. In the end,there is no one to witness Unity coz then all division and multiplicity vanishes. Then there is no even Unity at all,coz there is nothing to constitute it,it is obvious,and it is only That,the Self,nothing more.

Like You said,Grace and effort are going hand in hand,coz ultimatievly,they are one,everything is work of Grace only. Everything is His work and Blessings.

So,indeed,constant abindance in the I Am is our main duty,like Bhagavan prescribed. It is very important that we follow and obey Guru's words thille the end. And like Sanjay Ji said,only thought and glimpse of His Glorious image can put us back on the track. Even,He is with every step with us,coz He is the very Heart and Core of our Being,our Sadguru.

Thank You Very much,dear friend!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: May 31, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
Anil,
Anilbahi,happen to read about the accident where you and the car Driver escaped without any hurt!May the Gracious presence of Sri Bhagavan be ever with you.
Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 31, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »
Quote from Sri Sanjay:
“I know forms and names don’t matter and all that stuff - but still the infinite beauty and grace of Bhagawan's eyes and his majestic image is something I always needed to put me back on Self Enquiry path when situations are not conducive to self enquiry.”

Quote from Sri Jewell:
“So, indeed, constant abidance in the I Am is our main duty, like Bhagavan prescribed. It is very important that we follow and obey Guru's words till the end. And like Sanjay Ji said, only thought and glimpse of His Glorious image can put us back on the track. Even, He is with every step with us, coz He is the very Heart and Core of our Being, our Sadguru.”

Dear Sri Jewell and Sri Sanjay,

Yes. For those who have deep Faith in Sri Bhagwan and His Percepts, Sri Bhagwan is the Self and the Guru—both, Outer as well as the Inner. We are now aware of our progress if we keep out attention on the Self. So also, we can progress, if we meditate on Him in the Heart. Oh! Did Sri Bhagwan not sing, “Thou dost root out the ego of those who meditate on Thee in the Heart , Oh Arunachala!”  So, getting drawn like the iron-fillings towards a powerful magnet and having tasted the Nectar of the Lotus Feet, that is, Existence-Consciousness or the Ajapa ‘I-I’ or the egoless “I AM’ in the Heart, we feel love and devotion towards Sri Bhagwan spontaneously. PAYING ATTENTION TO SRI BHAGWAN’S FORM IS AKIN TO PAYING ATTENTION TO THE REAL SELF, for Sri Bhagwan is the Self. There is no doubt about that. He will sure push us within from without and pull us towards the Centre, our Core, from within, where He is waiting to reveal Himself as Pure Knowledge or Awareness. Therefore, if we can keep attention on the Self with perseverance, we realise His Grace and become Self-aware. If we cannot keep attention on the Self, we should think of Him constantly and have Darshan of His Form, and that is akin to paying attention on the Self, for He is the Self. But He is also beyond name and form, established for ever as the Existence-Consciousness, therefore, out of Infinite Compassion for His devotees, He will take us to the Reality.

Dear Sri Sanjay and Sri Jewell, having said as above, I wish to say, as the Guru Himself emphasised time and again, that having love and devotion for the Guru and worshipping His Physical Form is always good and highly commendable, but following, practicing and abiding in His Teaching is essential.

Therefore, dear Sri Sanjay, I also used to think and meditate on Sri Bhagwan’s Divine form whenever I swerved, and as you said so beautifully, His Form soon vanished and I always found myself on the Straight and the Direct Path of the Enquiry. He is, after all, the Commander-in-Chief of the Battle Royale. I always feel that His Gracious Presence is ever with me and when I find it a little bit difficult to pay attention on the Self, or the egoless ‘I Am’, as when two accidents happened in a quick succession, I think of His Divine Form and invoke His Presence, which invariably pushes the mind within to its Source. SUCH IS THE SADGURU BHAGWAN SRI RAMANA ! May His Grace keep us gathered at His Lotus Feet forever !

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil 

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 31, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
  He is, after all, the Commander-in-Chief of the Battle Royale.

Dear Sri Anil,dear friend,

How beautifuly said! He indeed Is. And like You also said,May His Grace keep us gathered at His Lotus Feet forever!!!

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 01, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »

Dear Anil,

'Commander in Chief of the Battle Royal' is a nice expression.  Sri Bhagavan is considered as an avatara of Lord Subrahmanya.
Subrahmanya is Deva Senathipathi, Commander in Chief of gods' army.  So Sri Bhagavan as Skanda avatara is also a
Commander in Chief of the army.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 01, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji. Yes. Thanks very much, Sir. This car accident which claimed two precious lives almost shattered me and my morale. There is no doubt that His Grace alone shaved me from certain death, so also said the Police Inspector inspecting the site of the accident. His Grace alone once again raised me from the dust and enabled me to overcome the traumatic experience. His Grace alone ensured the protection of this body-mind during the devastating accident so that again it is able to do Enquiry, reach its Source and get lost there forever.

Dear Sri Ravi, you were also conspicuous by your absence from the Forum. Your posts are always very insightful with a ring of usual assurance, and I have benefitted a lot by reading them. There is no doubt about that. I missed your post on Sri Paramhamsa as well Whose Love for the Divine Mother is so infectious, to say the least. Sri Paramhamsa is the quintessence of True Devotion and   Love for Divine and Knowledge. Therefore, I request and hope that you would continue to enlighten us with your brilliant insights along with your posting on Sri Paramhamsa and other Great Ones.

Right now, I am also not able to post regularly as I used to do, but I hope this phase would soon be over and His Grace would enable me to draw from within and I would be able, once again, to share my experience and knowledge in this Forum which is part and parcel of the SADHANA AND SATSANGA for me.   

Thanks very much once again, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 01, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“'Commander in Chief of the Battle Royal' is a nice expression. Sri Bhagavan is considered as an avatara of Lord Subrahmanya.
Subrahmanya is Deva Senathipathi, Commander in Chief of gods' army. So Sri Bhagavan as Skanda avatara is also a
Commander in Chief of the army.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir and Sri Jewell,

Ji. Yes. I know that ‘Senani’ is one of Sri Vishwanatha Swami’s 108 Names of Sri Bhagwan, which are mostly His Attributes. Senani means the Commander-in-Chief. I feel that this Name of Sri Bhagwan is quite apt.
Atma-Vichra, as taught by Him, is the Royal Path. The Royal Path must be straight and direct. However, to travel on the Royal Path of the Atma-Vichara, one will also have to wage a royal battle against the mental demons of desires, hatred, anger, greed, lust, jealousy and the like. Therefore, if we take up the Royal Path of the Self-attention and commence our inward journey, we must be aware that Sri Bhagwan is in command and when Sri Bhagwan is the Commander-in-Chief, our success is assured, for, all the godly forces are under His command.     

So, Sri Bhagwan revealed not only the wondrous path of the Self-attention but He is ever there at every step and in all situations—when we lose patience, when we falter or lose courage AND ALOS WHEN ONE FINDS ONESELF IN A SITUATION, DUE TO PRARBDHA, FROM WHICH RETRIEVAL APPEARS DIFFICULT.

We, the adoring devotees of Sri Bhagwan, are the recipient of His Munificent Grace in abundance. Our hearts overflow with gratitude. But we can never hope to repay Him. The best ‘gurudakshina’ we can offer is to follow the wondrous path shown by Him.   

Thanks very much, sir and dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 02, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »
Only pure consciousness, the shining of pure being, really exists.  All other types of consciousness that exists within it, as if real and independent, are imagined by the spurious ‘I’, and they cloud consciousness. Believing in them is folly.
V. 421, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman   

Dear Devotees,

There is no ambiguity regarding Consciousness in Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching.  That which exists is One Consciousness and that is the Pure Consciousness or the Self-Consciousness. Pure Consciousness is the undivided Consciousness. Pure thus refers to the Consciousness which is free from the attributes—names and forms that are perceived through objectification. Therefore, it follows that all other types of consciousness are only the conceptualised varieties of consciousness which are only imagined in the Pure Consciousness, that is, in That which is.
Therefore, neither the unconsciousness of the sleep nor the self-consciousness of the waking state nor the mind-consciousness is the Reality.  Sri Bhagwan taught that Pure Being is the Reality and the Pure Being cannot be otherwise than the Consciousness.  “Otherwise we cannot say we exist.” Hence, the Consciousness is the Reality. Thus when only the Pure Consciousness is associated with attributes or the upadhis, we speak of varieties of consciousness—self-consciousness, unconsciousness, sub-consciousness, super consciousness, human-consciousness, dog- consciousness and so on. THE UNALTERING COMMON FACTOR IN ALL OF THEM IS THE CONSCIOUSNESS. Thus it is obvious that all other types of consciousness are the relative states of the same Absolute Consciousness or the Pure Consciousness.

Therefore, dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught that there in only One State, that of Consciousness or Awareness or Existence. So, Existence or the Consciousness is the only Reality. Three states of waking, dream and sleep are unreal and come and go. So, there is only One State, that of mere Awareness or Consciousness. But because of the old habits, we regard the three states as real and CALL THE STATE OF MERE AWARENESS OR CONSCIOUSNESS AS THE FOURTH STATE WHEREAS IN TRUTH THERE IS NO FOURTH STATE.

Sri Bhagwan : Existence or Consciousness   is the only Reality. Consciousness plus waking, we call waking. Consciousness plus dream, we call dream. Consciousness plus sleep, we call sleep. Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go. (Day by Day)

So, the Screen or the mere Consciousness alone is real; rest is phenomena, mere reflection or shadows on it and in it.

Self is therefore Pure Consciousness. Self is constant and unintermittent Awareness. AND THE OBJECT OF THE ENQUIRY IS TO FIND THE TRUE NATURE OF THE SELF AS AWARENESS.  CONTRARY TO OUR PAST HABIT OF REGARDING THE BODY AS THE SELF.   

Dear devotees, why there is no further need of enquiry once the Realisation arises? Because then the question would not arise. WHY? BECAUSE ONCE REALISATION ARISES, AWARENESS REMAINS PURE AND SIMPLE. CAN AWARENESS EVER THINK OF QUESTIONING WHO IS AWARE? Silence then is pure eloquence.

Moreover, there should not be any confusion regarding ‘I-AM’. Sri Bhagwan taught without ambiguity whatever that EGOLESS ‘I-AM’ IS NOT A THOUGHT. It is the Realisation. The experience of ‘I-Am’ is to be still.
I—AM. EXISTENCE-CONSCIOUSNESS. THAT IS THE ABIDING AND FUNDAMENTAL REALITY.  Our mind is the outgoing faculty. If the mind is turned within it becomes still in course of time. When the mind is still, Pure Existence is understood. Sri Bhagwan says that then ‘I-Am’ alone prevails. “I—AM” IS THE WHOLE TRUTH. Sri Bhagwann says in Talk—406 that in Nirvana there is nothing but the blissful Pure Consciousness ‘I—AM’.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 02, 2013, 03:02:03 PM »
Those who do not possess in their hearts Being-Consciousness, the real attainment, will lose their lives and get ruined by infatuation for the false world.
In one’s real nature, Being-Consciousness, which is the Light that outshines all other lights, concepts of name and form,
Padamalai

Dear Devotees,

Of myself I can say ‘I exist’.  THAT IS, MINE IS NOT MERE EXISTENCE. IT IS EXISTENCEOF WHICH I AM CONSCIOUS. INDEED, MINE IS EXISTENCE IDENTICAL WITH CONSCIOUSNESS.

Therefore, dear devotees, the greatest proof of the world’s non-existence is this that it is unconscious of itself. Sri Bhagwan taught that ‘CONSCIOUSNESS IS ALWAYS SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS’, therefore if we are conscious of anything we are ESSENTIALLY conscious of ourselves. That ‘I exist’ is the only Reality and every other thing only appears to exist.
Sri Bhagwan: Unself-conscious existence is a contradiction in terms.
It is no existence at all. It is merely attributed existence. That is why the Reality is referred to as the Sat-Chit,  that is, Existence or Being- Consciousness.  NEVER  MERELY  EXISTENCE  TO  THE  EXCLUSION  OF    CONSCIOUSNESS  OR  THE  CONSCIOUSNESS  TO  THE  EXCLUSION  OF  EXISTENCE. NEVER  MERELY  THE  ONE  TO  THE  EXCLUSION  OF  THE  OTHER.
Sri Bhagwan : The world neither exists by itself, nor is it conscious of its existence.  How can you say that such a world is real?

Self abides motionless because of Its all-pervasive fullness. Therefore, can a dependent, UNSELF-CONSCIOUS’, ever-changing world be real? 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 02, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
Sri Bhagwan: CONSCIOUSNESS ALONE IS ‘I’.
Question: What is the nature of this knowledge?
Sri Bhagwan: The nature of this consciousness is sat-chit-ananda.
Who am I?, essay version

Clue: Consciousness alone is ‘I’; Consciousness is Sat-Chit-Ananda, that is, Existence-Consciousness-Bliss; COSCIOUSNESS IS ALWAYS SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS.

Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »
The world does not exist without the body; the body never at any time exists without the mind; the mind does not exist at all apart from the consciousness; and consciousness too does not exist apart from being.
V. 99, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman

Sri Bhagwan taught that Pure Being is the Reality Whose nature is Existence-Consciousness-Bliss and therefore the Pure Being cannot be otherwise than the Consciousness and the Consciousness thus cannot be otherwise than the Existence.  “Otherwise we cannot say we exist.” Anil

Dear  Devotees,

So, what is the body consciousness?

We must understand that all the relative or objective states of the consciousness must lie in the Consciousness which is the Absolute Consciousness and which Itself remains unaffected. Hence nothing is apart from Consciousness. Therefore, the body arises due to the ‘I am the body’ thought. ‘I am the body’ thought arises from the ‘I’-thought which again arises from the Consciousness which remains absolute and unaffected.

Consciousness
         |
‘I’-thought
         |
‘I am the body’ thought
         |
      Body

Thus Sri Bhagwan taught that there is only the Consciousness AND NOTHING BUT THE CONSCIOUSNESS.
So, what is the body consciousness?
Sri Bhagwan taught that there must be a body and consciousness limited to the bodywhich together make up the body consciousness. However, these must lie in the Pure or the Absolute Consciousness. But the Self-Consciousness is all pervasive and nothing can really arise FROM WITHIN IT , become separate from it and move. The idea of a separate being or the self or the jiva is therefore just and simply erroneous that arises through ignorance, which persists on account of lack of Enquiry.

Thus it follows from the above that the body does not exist in the UNRESTICTED, INFINITE AND UNLIMITTED VIEW of all pervasive Self, but only in outward turned attention which is only the perspective of the deluded mind. AND Mind’s delusion is persisting only on account of NON-ENQUIRY.
Hence, everything is the Self and nothing but the Self exists.

Therefore, Sri Bhagwan taught that when there is only Consciousness along with the quietness in the mind, It is the Self. THAT IS THE STATE TO BE AIMED AT. ENQUIRY IS THE ONE INFALLIBLE METHOD.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 03, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
WHEN He Himself reveals Himself, Brahma brings into manifestation That which can never be seen.
As the seed is in the plant, as the shade is in the tree, as the void is in the sky, as infinite forms are in the void
So from beyond the Infinite, the Infinite comes; and from the Infinite the finite extends.
The creature is in Brahma, and Brahma is in the creature, they are ever distinct, yet ever united.
He Himself is the tree, the seed, and
the germ. He Himself is the flower, the fruit,
and the shade. He Himself is the sun, the light, and
the lighted. He Himself is Brahma, creature, and
Maya. He Himself is the manifold form, the
infinite space ; He is the breath, the word, and the
meaning.
He Himself is the limit and the limitless, and beyond both the limited
and the limitless is He, the Pure
Being. He is the Immanent Mind in Brahma
and in the creature.
The Supreme Soul is seen within the
soul, The Point is seen within the Supreme
Soul,
And within the Point, the reflection
is seen again. Kabir is blest because he has this
supreme vision.
Sage Sri Kabir

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 04, 2013, 08:18:36 AM »
SINCE EVRYTHING IS INCLUDED IN CONSCIOUSNESS, CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE ULTIMATE, SUPREME TRUTH.

The nature of the Self is Consciousness alone. Like gold jewellery, fashioned from gold, objective knowledge is an imaginary appearance within the Self.

Ignorance is an erroneous superimposition. The infinite, blissful Consciousness is alone the One Existing Reality.

NO OTHER CONSCIOUSNESS EXISTS TO KNOW OR MAKE KNOWN THE SELF, THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS.

One’s own Self-Consciousness, is different from all that is known objectively by Consciousness.

That which deserves to be known and attained is Consciousness, the Self. Apart from this, there is no other blessing that deserves to be attained in this birth.

Knowing Consciousness is not different from knowing Reality. They are one and the same because Reality is not different from Consciousness.

If you abide as Consciousness by knowing Consciousness, the profound delusion caused by the frenzied obsession with the sense objects will come to an end.

That Consciousness (Chit), which is one’s own Being (Sat), is that Bliss (Ananda) within the Heart, without beginning and end.

Remain still, now itself, and in your experience of Consciousness of Being, which is Swarupa, merge with peace.

For those who have the strength to enquire diligently and know the real nature of the mind, it will shine as Pure Being-Consciousness.

Rather than remaining still. As Being-Consciousness, why do you sprout as ‘I’ and suffer miserably?

The splendour of Being-Consciousness—which is easy to know and which deserves to be known –is shining as Pure Being.

Swarupa shines as Being-Consciousness, that which is perfect fullness. The mind becoming like that Swarupa and uniting with It is Yoga.

To realise that yourself are the Self, why do you require any light other than Being-Consciousness?
(THE BEST GUIDE IS THE UNREJECTABLE TRUE LIGHT OF THE SELF ‘I AM’.)

ABIDE BODILESS AS THE SPACE-LIKE CONSCIOUSNESS.

The reason why one regards Reality as different from oneself is that one has not known, through Enquiry, the true nature of Consciousness.

The mind will only become firm if it dives within and subsides into the Self through the practice of investigating Consciousness.

Padam speaks mockingly: ‘The intelligence of a supremely intelligent one who has not enquired and known the nature of Consciousness is great indeed!

Consciousness will become replete when the knower enquires within and knows himself.

Without allowing the thinking mind to become scattered, concentrate it inwardly and merge with the wondrous Light of Consciousness.

ABIDE BODILESS AS THE SPACE-LIKE LIMITLESS CONSCIOUSNESS.

UNLESS THE MIND CLEAR BY WAKING INTO CONSCIOUSNESS, SEPARATION FROM IGNORANCE, THE BASE SAMSARA, WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE.

IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS THAT SHIONES AS YOUR SARUPA, WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO, HOW WILL IT PROFIT YOU?

OF ALL THE SADHANAS THAT ARE WORTH PERFORMING, KNOWING CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE ONLY EXCELLENT AND DIFINITIVE ONE.

Padamalai

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 04, 2013, 09:04:51 AM »
Padam speaks mockingly: ‘The intelligence of a supremely intelligent one who has not enquired and known the nature of Consciousness is great indeed!

Very true. Because consciousness is the ONLY SUPREME POWER which has the fantastic ability to hide itself so beautifully in falsehood (Maya). As they say, any and all other lies will be blown out one day and truth will come out. But Consciousness creating a veil for itself is most powerful lie and it can hide truth for almost till infinity. What other intelligence (consciousness) can be better at it :) ? Intellect and intelligence are the UNFORTUNATE most massive roadblocks created by consciousness to keep it under veil, I feel sometimes. I personally felt - the biggest bottleneck to abide in consciousness is one's own "intellect". So I can imagine how tough it is for space scientists and others who have "superior intelligence" in the context of statement above.

Thank you,
Sanjay.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:41:10 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan