Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758057 times)

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3075 on: May 18, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
Dear Anil ji,

It is a great pleasure to see your post and the miracle. Yes. Bhagavan takes us step by step and unfolding truth to us. Everything happens according to His will.
Let it happen.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
dear Anil,

I am very very happy to know that you have escaped unhurt in a major accident.  Sri Bhagavan is ever with you, and only thing
is that we should trust this truth and do our duties.  I am once again very very happy.

My condolences for the family of those who had died.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 18, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
Dear Anil

Thanks for the update . Happy that once again you escaped from a fatal accident by Bhagavan's Grace .Feel sorry for those who lost their lives / got injured in this accident . Take Care .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 18, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
Dear Anil ji,

Very glad to read your post. I am at loss to say anything!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Skandha

• View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 18, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
Nice to hear you back Anil Sir.
Just browsed through this forum everyday without posts...

"Do not ever take up any work with egoistic feeling that 'this duty has to be performed only by me'. There is nothing in the world that happens by your will power nor are you a truly existent entity. Understand this fact right at the outset and weed out the egoistic doership attitude in your daily life. Then you will see that all your duties get carried out by a higher power automatically, while your inner peace will always remain full to the brim."

Bhagavan

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 18, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

Dear Anil

Thank you for coming back to us. You are very blessed but your tapas is also an inspiration to us.

May Bhagavan draw you to all things and when  it is appropriate to be with you, may it be that  you let me know. I would wish to make the journey though I suspect it is 5000 miles or more.

cefnbrithdir

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 18, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Dear Anilji,

I was very touched to read about your accident and Bhagavan's grace in protecting you. Thank you for letting us know.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

I am so sorry to hear about Your accident,but also very very happy to hear You are good. Sometimes these things happen just to show us that there is no death really,that it is only body which dies. Sometimes it just happen for so many reasons,but one thing is certain. It is Bhagavan's Arunachala's Grace that have protected You,and that Bhagavan Arunachala are our only sanctuary. Guru's Grace and Love are indeed most precious thing we have. And He is always by our side,to protect us from anything. Nothing is higher or stronger then Him,then Reality.

Happy that You are fine!

With love and prayers,

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 21, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »
Anil Ji

Welcome back. Such incidents test and enhance the strength of our deep rooted standing in the Supreme Truth.

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 22, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Yes. Thanks very much to all of you for the compassion shown by you towards those who succumbed to the fatal injuries and lost their precious lives in the devastating road accident which materialised all of a sudden from nowhere, and for the kind concern for my well-being. Yes, I have been protected and retrieved by Guru’s Grace from a ‘certain death situation’ and all who know about the accident including myself are wonder-struck. However, I do not wish to entertain now the thoughts of the accident barring occasional feeling of deep compassion for the deceased.

I do not know why the events happen the way they keep on happening. Supreme Guru has taught and bestowed knowledge and awareness that we are not these insentient bodies and therefore we are not the doer.   Sri Bhagwan taught through the sublime and nectarine Verses of the Gita that everywhere the gunas or the powers of the Prakriti (Nature) perform all works and bring about all actions, but deluded by the ego we think that we are the doer.

DEAR DEVOTEES, WHY AND HOW DOES THE EGO MAKE SO MUCH DIFFERENCE?
 Sri Bhagwan taught that the essence of the mind is only consciousness or the awareness, but when it is dominated by the ego, it functions as the reasoning, thinking or the sensing faculty. But the Cosmic Mind or the Pure Mind, Whose Essence is consciousness or the awareness, is not limited by the ego, has nothing separate from Itself AND IS THEREFORE ONLY AWARE. This is exactly what is meant by the Biblical Statement “I AM THAT I AM”.  On the contrary, the ego ridden-mind has its strength sapped and therefore is too weak to resist the torturing thoughts. Thus it is the ego which makes all the difference. DUE TO ITS OBNOXIOUS AND TRECHEROUS PRESENCE, WE HAVE A MIND WHICH IS THOUGHT-TORTURED. AND WE REGARD THIS THOUGHT- TORTURED MIND OUR GREATEST FRIEND, WHICH IN TRUTH IS OUR GREATEST FOE.

Dear devotees, it is for this reason that Sri Paul Brunton, after he had the taste of the terrific Silence of Sri Bhagwan, wrote that for the first time his thought-tortured mind understood what it was to be free from thoughts.  So, the individual mind, that is, cosmic mind dominated by the ego is the WEAK MIND. UNIVERSAL MIND OR THE COSMIC MIND OF THE INNER RECESS IS THE STRONG MIND. 
The question arises as to how the Guru is able to effect linkage in others of the individual or the weak mind with the Cosmic Mind of the inner recess.
IN THIS REGARD, WE SHOULD ASSIMILATE RATHER WELL FOR ONCE AND ALL THE FOLLOWING TEACHING:
SRI BHAGWAN: IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE BOKKS I SHOULD DESCRIBE THE STATE I WAS IN AFTER THE AWAKENING (DEATH EXPEREINCE) AS SUDHA MANAS OR THE INTUTION OF THE ILLUMINED.”

Therefore, the Guru Who is none other than the GOD IN MANIFESTATION, IS IN A STATE AS SUDHA MANAS , THAT IS, THE COSMIC MIND IS ABLE TO EFFECT LINKAGE OF THE WEAK INDIVIDUAL MIND WITH THE STRONG COSMIC OR THE UNIVERSAL MIND. Guru is thus the rare Being who is able to confer sublime experiences and bestow the taste of the Bliss of the Pure Awareness  by effecting the LINKAGE.  SADHANA THEN ACQUIRES A NEW MEANING AND BECOMES MAGICAL  AND ONE DICOVERES A PATH TO GO BACK HOME. THEN ONE SEES THE GOAL AND THE PATH TO IT—CRYSTAL-CLEAR. When one n graced with such Initiation or Experience, Goal and Path are at once lighted, and one understands the profound meaning of Sri Bhagwan’s Poem:
Lo, very easy is Self-Knowledge,
Lo, very easy indeed.
Even for the most infirm
So real is the Self
That compared with it the amlak
In one’s hand appears a mere illusion.

Thanks very much.
   Pranam,
      Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: May 25, 2013, 09:21:15 AM »
Sri Annamalai Swam: You have to carry out the instructions the Guru has given you until you realise the truth for yourself. Grace takes us to the Guru. Grace shows us the way home by guiding us in the right direction, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO DO THE WORK OURSELVES.

Dear Devotees,

We must carry out the instructions the Guru has given until we realise the Truth for ourselves.   So, enormous conscious effort must be put in. Sri Annamalai Swami says that it does not happen by itself. One must go on making effort until the point where one becomes totally effortless. Effort must therefore be made to become totally effortless. Up till that point effort is needed, for the mind only gets dissolved in the Self by the constant practice. At that point, ‘I am the body’ idea disappears, just as darkness disappears when the sun rises; and one becomes finally free from the clutches of the non-Self and realises that One is Consciousness rather than this chattering and grazing body-mind complex.

Dear devotees, the so-called ‘I’-current, or the current of awareness, is the same as ‘I am’ consciousness, which is present within all of us.  Therefore, the real sadhana of the Self-enquiry begins only when one gets in touch with the ‘I am’ Consciousness. Sri Bhagwan has taught that ‘I am’ Consciousness is our nature, and as such it is common to one and all. But one needs to be a little mature in Enquiry to be aware of It. And this is where the practice or effort comes in. Effort and Grace act and react on each other and thus comes a point  in sadhana when the Grace puts us in touch with the Consciousness ‘I am’ and gives us a taste of what it is like. AND ONCE THAT HAPPENS, THE REAL THIRST TO REALISE THE SELF FOLLOWS.

Dear devotees, we must assimilate the Teaching that the extinction of the mind is a state in which there is a cessation of all efforts. It follows that so long as the there is the mind, there can be no cessation of the effort. While it is true that THOSE WHO HAVE COME WITHIN THE AMBIT OF THE GURU’S GRACIOUS LOOK WILL BE UNDOUBTEDLY SAVED BY THE GURU AND CAN NEVER GET LOST, YET, EACH ONE MUST, BY HIS OWN EFFORT PURSUE THE PATH SHOWN BY GOD OR GURU AND GAIN SACCHIDANANDA, WHICH IS OUR ATMA-SWARUPA.

Besides, dear devotees,  how can we utilise fully the Grace of the Guru if we do not make conscious effort and practice, as taught by the Guru, on our part ? Yes, we have to practice as taught to realise fully the Grace of the Guru. There is no doubt about that. AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE DARWN TO THE LOTUS FEET OF SRI BHAGWAN, THE METHOD CONSTANTLY PROPOUNDED BY HIM WAS THE VICHARA, THE QUESTION ‘WHO AM I?’ This is the sadhana He revealed to meet the needs of this dark era; and He declared and enjoined it openly and about which there is no secrecy and concealment.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil       

Note: Dear friends and devotees, this thread has always been the part of my sadhana and therefore this sadhak will never leave his sadhana till the very end, come what may come! However, due to the state I am presently in, I shall be posting only off and on, for I am unable to post regularly, either in this thread or any other thread, for the time being. For the time being only because I am certain that this beneficial form of meditation, by His Grace, will be resumed sooner than later. Though I visit no other site and interact in no other forum whatever, my mind fully, without any doubt, believes this forum to be august and truly graced by Him, and hence, this honest endeavour to be with you—always. Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:26 AM »
Quote:
“But one needs to be a little mature in Enquiry to be aware of It. And this is where the practice or effort comes in. Effort and Grace act and react on each other and thus comes a point in sadhana when the Grace puts us in touch with the Consciousness ‘I am’ and gives us a taste of what it is like. AND ONCE THAT HAPPENS, THE REAL THIRST TO REALISE THE SELF FOLLOWS.”

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan also taught that if a seeker is mature enough, a pakva, Self is revealed in a trice. But to attain that maturity, constant practice on the part of the seeker is imperative. Sri Bhagwan was mature enough at the age of sixteen, yet, even the word Brahman or the Self’ was not known to Him at the time of the great Revelation. This appears paradoxical to us. But as Sri Bhagwan said on many occasions, there is no paradox for the Realised, for He Himself indicated that the necessary sadhana must have been completed in His previous birth.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »

Dear Anil,

Yes.  The pakva is essential.  Sri Bhagavan used to say that gun powder catches fire immediately.  The coal takes much more
time.  The wet wood never catches fire, unless it becomes totally dry.

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: May 25, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

I believe the same,that this forum is truly Graced by Bhagavan and Arunachala. Like His beautiful presence can be felt always. For me too,this is only interaction site i visit,and i feel there is no need to go anywhere else. It truly feels like home...

Yes,effort is vey,very important,and there is no stop until goal is reached,until our true nature is revealed,and this ego is burned completelly. And every step we make on this journey,every attempt we make in the path of Self enquiry is so abundantly rewarded.

I am happy that You are still with us,and will be in future also. Because,truly,this is our home,our sadhana,and our best guide.

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes, dear friend Sri Jewell, realisation of the Self comes about through both effort and Grace. Sri Bhagwan has taught that when one makes a steady and determined effort to abide in the Self one receives the Guru’s Grace in abundance.

Dear Sri Jewell, WE DO NOT SEE THE UNITY AND THE INDIVISIBILITY. When the seer, that is, when the person who sees vanishes, WE ARE THAT UNITY, WE OURSELVES ARE THE INDIVISIBILITY. We can never see the Unity, or the Self, or the Brahman, We can only be it. Hence the Teaching—SUMMA IRU.  When the person who sees vanishes, world of multiplicity and differences goes with it.

Therefore, other than the Self, all is mere imagination—Anil, Jewell, et al. For, Sri Bhagwan taught that when we cease to imagine that we are a body and a mind, Reality, that is, Existence-Consciousness  shines of its own accord. In Reality, the mind does not go anywhere. Hence, if we stabilise in this State, by Enquiry, we become aware that the mind didn’t go anywhere. We understand then that it never really existed.

So, what does it mean when Sri Bhagwan taught to keep the mind in its Source or in the Self? Sri Annamalai Swami has explained it beautifully. “KEEPING THE MIND IN ITS SOURCE” IS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING “UNDERSTANDING THAT IT NEVER REALLY EXISTED.”

What I wish to say is this that when the Guru’s Grace puts us in touch with the ‘I AM’ CONSCIOUSNESS, OUR DUTY IS TO GO DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO THIS “I AM” CONSCIOUSNESS. Rest is the work of the Inner Guru Who Sri Bhagwan revealed, IS JUST WAITING THERE DEEP INTO THE INNERMOST RECESS OF OUR HEART. Only when the mind melts with love of Him and reaches there, He reveals as Pure Knowledge. 

Thanks very much, dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil