Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758624 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2955 on: March 06, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithir:
“”They hear the voice/presence of God walking in the garden and hide themselves.

Genesis 3 v 9 " And the Lord God called unto Adam and said unto him "Where art thou ?"
v 10 And he (Adam) said "I heard they voice in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked and I hid myself."
v 11 And he (God) said "Who told thee that thou was't naked ?.."

Amazing that the first words from God to man after things go wrong are questions. The first relates to the ever presence of Grace. And the second "Who told thee that thou was't naked ? " is surely Vichara/Self Inquiry ! The answer to the question can only be "I did" to be followed by "Who am I ?"”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

Yes. I feel that your grasp of the Essence of Original Sin is profound. Sri Bhagwan taught that the ‘I am the body’ idea is the Original Sin. So, there is no doubt that your insight is brilliant, to say the least. The Radiant Being rose from the State of Being as egos, as creatures, as Adam and Eve, that is, they committed the Original Sin of eating the apple, mind externalised and was deluded, they gained the knowledge of good and evil, felt separated from God, and thus began the story of joys and sorrows and pleasure and pain.

Therefore, dear friend, Sri cefnbrithdir, I feel that your understanding is perfect, for I also understand that hiding of Adam and Eve hearing God’s Voice and God calling Adam ‘Where art you ?’ and asking, ’Who told thee that thou was’t  naked?’ clearly imply God showing the Direct Path to Adam to retrace and come to the Self, the Swarupa—to the State of Being.  Although it is not well articulated here in the third chapter of the Bible (Genesis 3), the Teaching is obvious. I have always felt that the purpose of Sri Bhagwan’s Advent is only this. He articulated and enjoined the Direct Path of Enquiry wonderfully and profoundly and taught to one and all who came to Him and thus disseminated it far and wide.

So, dear friend, thanks so much for giving me an opportunity to contemplate thus on the Bible’s Original Sin.

Pranam,
  Anil       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 08, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
Sri Bhagwan : Suggestive replies to the enquiry, such ass ‘Sivoham’ (I am Siva) are not to be given to the mind during meditation. The true answer will come of itself. NO ANSWER THE EGO CAN GIVE CAN BE RIGHT.

Dear Devotees,

What follows is a beautiful passage written by Sri Arthur Osborne in his popular book ‘Ramana Maharshi and The Path of Self-Knowledge’:

“The answer is the awakening current of awareness, vibrating as the very essence of one’s being and yet impersonal. By constant practice this is to be made more and more frequent until it becomes continuous, not only during meditation but underlying speech and action also. Even then the Vichara is still to be used, for the ego will try to make a truce with the current of awareness and if it is once tolerated it will gradually grow to power and then fight to recover supremacy, like the Gentiles whom the Hebrews allowed to remain in the Promised Land. Sri Bhagwan insisted that the enquiry is to be kept up to the very end. Whatever status, whatever powers, whatever perceptions or visions may come, there is always the question to whom they come until the Self alone remains.”

Dear devotees. I do not know about you, but the above passage struck deep chord within me when I read the above passage in the cataclysmic month of June, 2005. Yes, all spiritual practices ultimately come to cornering of and simply and consistently attacking the ego. No spiritual practice can culminate in Self-Realisation by any exuberance and ecstasy, by any meditation, such as ‘I am the Self, or Shiva’, SO LONG AS THE EGO REMAINS ENTRENCHED IN HOPE AND FEAR AND IN PURSUIT OF PLEASURE AND RECOGNITION.  Thus, the ego is so subtle and tenacious and its defence mechanism so strong and often elusive that it takes refuge even in those actions that are intended to destroy it.

Dear devotees, as I have always done and reiterated, when thoughts arise during Enquiry, each thought must be scrutinised, as taught, and thus turned back to the basic ‘I-thought’.  If an impure thought rises during Enquiry, it must be tackled in this manner. Writes Sri Osborne, “Sadhna really does what psycho-analysis claims to do—it clears out the filth from the subconscious, bringing it up to the light of day and destroys it. This is quite consistent with Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching:

“Yes, all kinds of thoughts arise in meditation. That is only right, for what lies hidden in you is brought out. UNLESS IT RISES UP HOW CAN IT BE DESTROYED.”

Dear devotees, why so much argument and discussion in this forum about whether a Jnani has thoughts or not? WE MUST FIRST REALISE AND THEN SEE WHETHER THERE ARE THOUGHTS OR NOT, OR IF THEY ARE THERE AL ALL IN THE STATE OF REALISATION, WHETHER THEY ARE ABLE TO SWERVE US FROM THE SELF OR THE SWARUPA OR NOT. Sri Bhagwan has taught unequivocally that Realisation is that in which there is no room for any thought, not even for the ‘I-thought’.  Sri Bhagwan taught unequivocally that ALL THOUGHTS ARE INCONSISTENT WITH REALISATION. Therefore, the only right thing to do is to exclude thoughts of oneself and all other thoughts. THOUGHT IS ONE THING AND REALISATION IS QUITE ANOTHER.

Dear devotees, I feel that as Sri Bhagwan taught that the moment the ego-self tries to know itself it begins to partake less and less of the body in which it is immersed and more and more of the consciousness of the Self.  AND THUS COMES THE STAGE WHEN ONE BEGINS TO RECOGNISE THE ANSWER TO THE ENQUIRY “WHO AM I?”—AWAKENING CURRENT OF AWARENESS SRI BHAGWAN SPEAKS OF, VIBRATING AS THE VERY ESSENCE OF ONE’S BEING AND YET IMPERSONAL—WITHOUT THE SUBJECT AND THE OBJECT. 

Then only we begin to understand what it really means when Sri Bhagwan says:
“FROM THAT MOMENT ONWARDS THE ‘I’ OR SELF FOCUSSED ATTENTION ON ITSELF BY A POWERFUL FASCINATION.”

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 08, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
                                         Only Thee

That I want thee, only thee -- let my heart repeat without end.
 All desires that distract me, day and night,
 are false and empty to the core.

As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light,
 even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry
 -- ‘I want thee, only thee’.

As the storm still seeks its end in peace
 when it strikes against peace with all its might,
 even thus my rebellion strikes against thy love
 and still its cry is
 --‘ I want thee, only thee’.

Sri Rabindranath Tagore

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: March 08, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan has always discouraged when some one wants to do japa as I am Siva or I am Brahman.  He used to say:
You are already Siva.  You are already Brahman. When you are a man, will you go on telling I am a man, I am a man?
what is needed is that one should remove all the dirt and ego (I and Mine) covering your true nature, that is the Self.
Then your true nature will be revealed / realized.

Arunachala Siva,   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“Sri Bhagavan has always discouraged when some one wants to do japa as I am Siva or I am Brahman. He used to say:
You are already Siva. You are already Brahman. When you are a man, will you go on telling I am a man, I am a man?
what is needed is that one should remove all the dirt and ego (I and Mine) covering your true nature, that is the Self.
Then your true nature will be revealed / realized.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. Sri Bhagwan’s disapproval of meditation on mahavakyas, such as ‘I am Siva or I am Brahman’ is well known, though He said that they might be an aid to Enquiry. What follows is a conversation from Talk—197, which I feel is instructive regarding current discussion:
Devotee: Being always Being-Consciousness-Bliss, why does God place us in difficulties? Why did He create us?
Sri Bhagwan : Does God come and tell you that He has placed you in difficulties? It is you who say so. It is again the wrong ‘I’. If that disappears there will be no one to say that God created this or that.
THAT WHICH IS DOES NOT EVEN SAY ‘I AM’. FOR, DOES ANY DOUBT RISE THAT ‘I AM NOT’?

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir, we know beyond that we are and therefore we do not go on chanting we are, we are, and finally we are. For, there is no doubt that we are not. I know beyond doubt that I am a man and therefore I do not go on reminding myself that I am a man.

Sri Bhagwan: “On the other hand, if a doubt arises whether he is a cow or buffalo he has to remind himself that he is not a cow, etc., but ‘I am a man.’ THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. SIMILARLY, WITH ONE’S OWN EXISTENCE AND REALISATION.”

All devotees of sri Bhagwan are aware of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching that the Self is ever realised and never non-realised, and I also feel that we all here have assimilated the Teaching rather well. Therefore, the question is who has not realised? Obviously, it is the ego who says that it is not realised. But we also have understood rather well that the ego cannot realise the self. CAN THE SALT-DOLL FATHOM THE OCEAN? So, this wrong ‘I’, which after all is a mere concept, must disappear by Enquiry or Vichara or Surrender.  Once its unreality is revealed, it simply disappears being ever unreal and non-existent. Self then shines forth, unobstructed by ignorance. Doubter gone, one abides as the Self, as the True ‘I’ or as the Atma-swarupa. That is no one to say that I am Brahman, for, ‘I’ is already Brahman and abiding as Brahman. This is what, in my view, Sri Bhagwan means by His Statement, “SIMILARLY WITH ONE’S OWN EXISTENCE AND REALISATION.”

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:01 AM »
Dear Devotees,

It is well known that Sri Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India Sri Jamanalal Bajaj, eminent freedom fighter, came to visit Sri Bhagwan, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi. Although remained mostly silent, they (mostly by Sri Bajaj) asked a few questions from Sri Bhagwan, at the time of their departure.

Sri Bajaj tries to make himself clear by saying that what he meant by sadbudhi was not the same as budhi. He clarifies that by sadbudhi he means that which holds fast to the good, the right and the chosen path. He wanted to know how such steadfastness could be gained.

Sri Bhagwan: What is wanted for gaining highest goal is loss of individuality. THE INTELLECT IS CO-EXISTENSIVE WITH INDIVIDUALITY. LOSS OF INDIVIDUALITY CAN ONLY BE AFTER THE DISAPPEARANCE OF BUDHI, GOOD OR BAD. The question therefore does not arise.
Sri Bajaj: But yet one must know the right thing, choose the right path, practice the right dharma and hold fast to it. Otherwise he is lost.
Sri Bhagwan : True strength accrues by keeping in the right direction without swerving from it.
Sri Bajaj: Difficulties are met with. How is one to get the strength necessary to overcome the obstacles which beset one’s path?
Sri Bhagwan : By means of devotion company of the sages.
Sri Bhagwan : LOSS OFINDIVIDUALITY WAS JUST BEFORE MENTIONED AS A PREREQUISITE TO MOKSHA. Now devotion and association with the wise are advised as the methods. Is there not individuality implied in them, e. g.,’I am a bhakta’, ‘I am a satsangi’?
Sri Bhagwan : The method is pointed out to the seeker. The seeker has certainly not lost his individuality so far. Otherwise the question would not have arisen. The way is shown to effect the loss of individuality of the seeker. It is thus appropriate.
Sri Bajaj: Is the desire for swaraj right?
Sri Bhagwan : Such desire no doubt begins with self-interest. Yet practical work for the goal gradually widens the outlook so that the individual becomes merged in the country. SUCH MERGING OF THE INDIVIDUALITY IS DESIRABLE AND THE RELATED KARMA IS NISHKAMA.

Dear devotees, haranguing by some that one can realise the Self or Brahman by intellect and by going on amassing intellectual knowledge of the Sastras or Pothis NOTWITHSTANDING, Sri Bhagwan has taught unequivocally beyond an iota of doubt whatever that ‘I’ arises from the Absolute and gives rise to intellect. Is there any doubt about that? In intellect the ‘I’ looks the size of and shape of the body. SO, SRI BHAGWAN TAUGHT THAT ‘NA MEDHAYA’ ONLY MEANS THAT BRAHMAN CANNOT BE APPREHENDED BY INTELLECT. Sri Bhagwan has taught unequivocally that intellect thus crossing over aham can never discover Brahman. It is simply an impossible, audacious and outright an untenable stand. I am really stunned at such talk in this august forum. THE ONLY RIGHT WAY IS TO DISCOVER TO WHOM THE THOUGHTS ARISE. SRI BHAGWAN SAYS THAT IF THE PRESENT ‘I’-NESS, THAT IS, INDIVIDUALITY OR THE EGO, VANISHES, THEN ONLY THE DISCOVERY CAN BE COMPLETE. There is simply no room for any argument over that, for, that is Sri Bhagwan’s  Revelation and Teaching—clear, direct and radical.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 10, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
                          Senses

Deliverance is not for me in renunciation.
I feel the embrace of freedom in a thousand bonds of delight.

Thou ever pourest for me the fresh draught of thy wine of various
colours and fragrance, filling this earthen vessel to the brim.

My world will light its hundred different lamps with thy flame
and place them before the altar of thy temple.

No, I will never shut the doors of my senses.
The delights of sight and hearing and touch will bear thy delight.

Yes, all my illusions will burn into illumination of joy,
and all my desires ripen into fruits of love.

Sri Rabindranath Tagore

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 10, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »
                            OM  NAMO  BHAGAWATE  SRI  ARUNACHAL SHIV RAMANA

Sri Bhagwan : Siva has the transcendental and immanent aspects  as represented by His invisible, transcendental being and the linga aspect respectively. The linga originally manifested as Arunachala stands even to this day. This manifestation was in the constellation of Orion (Adra) in December. However it was first worshipped on Sivaratri day which is held sacred even now.
In the sphere of speech Pranava (the mystic sound AUM) represents  the transcendental (nirguna)and the Panchakshari9the five syllabled mantra) represents the immanent aspect (saguna).

Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Share ideas? Share visions? Whose ideas? Whose visions? Ego’s?

Well, I do not think any one of us here is to share someone’s ideas and visions, or to dwell on someone’s baggage who has a personal agenda to grind, but to understand, assimilate and follow Guru’s Teaching and Percepts, and do away with doubts by holding the doubter himself, and thus make progress on the Path. Isn’t it? We would do well to remember that Sri Bhagwan taught that progress on the Direct Path can be measured by the degree of removal of thoughts.

As long as these ignorant ideas, concepts and thoughts remain, creating compulsion to engage in myriad unnecessary arguments, cannot be helpful to others and to oneself.  Besides, advising others to eschew sadhana and instead engage in the study of Scriptures, will, in my view, only add to the confusion and doubt. All ideas, concepts, experiences and thoughts, after all, pertain to the ego, the individuality. I do not think that there is anyone here who is not aware of this truth. And ego is synonymous with ignorance, nay, the ego is the root of all ignorance, ignorance itself . So, Sri Bhagwan taught to hold the thinker himself and put it to unfailing razor-like searchlight of Enquiry and Quest, rather than arguing and disputing ad nauseam someone’s thoughts, ideas and concepts. 

Dear devotees, the true purpose of all philosophy is only to turn us inward and not to keep on grazing thoughts and concepts and corresponding objects outside. WHEN THE CRUX OF THE PROBLEM LIES IN “KNOW THYSELF” AND TRUE “THYSELF” ABIDES WITHIN THE FIVE SHEATHS, WHY THIS EXTRAORDINARY EMPHASIS IN THIS FORUM TO READ BOOKS WITHOUT END AND NOT ON SADHANA, AS TAUGHT BY THE GURU? Therefore, in my view, search of Reality through thoughts, ideas, visions and concept is futile.

Sri Bhagwan : Search for unreality is fruitless. Therefore, seek the Reality, i.e., the Self. That is the way to rule over the mind. There is only one thing Real!

Therefore, dear devotees, practice to be still with the remembrance of the feeling ‘I’, or clinging steadfastly to the feeling ‘I’ uninterruptedly till the very end, that is, the Self-attention, is the only right thing to do, and is the Master-key to enter the Realm of Eternity and Perennial Bliss and Love.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Search for the Self within, is beyond mind, thoughts, ego and buddhi only helps to some extent.

Sri Bhagavan has also said: All Paths lead to Self Inquiry. Bhakti leads to surrender of ego, karma leads nishkamya karma,
and yoga leads to unification with Kundalini which is another name for Self -- said Sri Bhagavan.

To reach Tiruvannamalai, there are several paths. All paths lead to Tiruvannamalai.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 17, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I have not posted anything in this thread and in any other thread because at present I am out of station, engaged in works of emergency nature.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught that the Self-realisation is one continuous Universal Light, that is, all-pervading Consciousness, and nothing else. When we see the world with the small light called mind, that is, objectified consciousness, THEN ONLY we find it full of different colours. But if we see it with the light of million suns, that is, the Self, we find that it is one continuous Universal Light and nothing else.CAN DIFFERENCES BE DISCERNED IN BLAZING LIGHT OF MILLION SUNS? Then we find that the Reality is all-pervading Unitary Consciousness and that is the Self-Consciousness. We must always remember that the SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE ONLY CONSCIOUSNESS.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught that the ‘I AM’ is the Name of God. Pure Mind is Ishvara or God. Therefore, the first and foremost task on the Path of Enquiry is to develop insight and understanding to be able to recognise the Sense or Knowledge ‘I AM’. And to recognise ‘I AM’, there can be nothing better and more infallible than the ‘Who am I?’ Quest. This is the greatness of the Quest.  Once we have the insight and understanding pertaining to the Sense or Knowledge ‘I AM’, all we have to do is to hold on to, cling to and abide in the ‘I AM’,  and keep constantly meditating on It and reverting back to It in case we are swerved.

Dear Devotees, Sri Bhagwan has taught that this abidance obliterates or destroys past impressions and makes the mind pure and thus paves the way for unassailable and clear understanding, insight and recognition. If this certitude and conviction happens by Enquiry and we have understood ‘I AM’ correctly and without any ambiguity, we begin to experience Love and Bliss of the Self though this experience is in trickles initially. We begin to experience and understand what a thought-free state is all about. We begin to Love the Self or the ‘I AM’ and thus we reach a State when we do not want to leave this experience. State of effortlessness is reached. A Great Mysterious Power arises from within and takes one to the Core of one’s Existence, destroys the individuality, that is, the small light or the mind consciousness, and what remains is merely one Universal Light, that is, the Self-consciousness. THAT IS THE STATE BEYOND EFFORT AND EFFORTLESSNESS. SRI BHAGWAN SPEAKS OF. THAT IS SELF-REALISATION.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »
Dear anil,

Yes. But for the Self (consciousness) we cannot exist.  In all three states of waking, dreaming and deep sleep, Consciousness
is within us. But the true nature of Consciousness is REALIZED only after thorough self inquiry. Once this is realized, the person
transcends the states of waking and dreaming and seeping and he is said to be in a state of wakeful sleep.

Someone ignorantly asked Sri Bhagavan: Should one need a sixth sense to realize the Self.  Bhagavan laughed and said, 'Even if you
get ten senses, you cannot realize your true nature, that is Self Realization either by self inquiry or self surrender.'

Arunachala Siva.       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 21, 2013, 04:36:10 PM »
D: What is the goal of this process?
Sri Bhagwan : Realising the Real.
D: What is the nature of Reality?
Sri Bhagwan :
(a) Existence without beginning and end.
(b) Existence everywhere, endless—infinite.
(c) Existence underlying all forms, all changes, all forces, all matter and all spirit.
The many change and pass away, whereas the One always endures.
(d) The One displaces the triads such as knower, knowledge and known. The triads are only appearances in time and space, whereas the Reality lies beyond and behind them. They are like a mirage over the Reality. They are the result of delusion.

Dear Devotees,

So, SELF-REALISATION IS REALISING THE REAL, REALISING WHAT IS. Reality remains forever the same, eternal and unchanging, whether one realises It or not. Reality lies beyond and behind the triads of knower, knowledge and known which is the mental mirage over the Reality. Mirage cannot penetrate to that which underlies It.
Dear devotees, one can understand the annoyance and frustration of philosophers and pseudo philosophers who wish to grasp everything with the mind on being told that Reality lies beyond  all triads whatever. There can be no easy answer to questions about the meaning and nature of Realisation.  Indeed, Sri Bhagwan on the whole did not approve of such questions, because  the Purpose of His embodiment is indeed to help the questioner  and not to satisfy the mental curiosity.  HE USED TO REMIND PEOPLE THAT WHAT IS NEEDED IS EFFORT TO ATTAIN SELF-KNOWLEDGE. WHEN THAT IS ATTAINED, SRI BHAGWAN SAYS, THE QUESTIONS WOULD NOT ARISE.   

Sri Bhagwan says that some people who came to Him didn’t ask Him about themselves but about the Jivanmukta, liberated while embodied. Does He see the world? Is He subject to destiny? How does He differentiate one person from the other, How does He eat from His own plate and not from others’, how does he engage in daily chores, etc., etc. 

Sri Bhagwan :  Their questions are endless. Why worry about all these things? Does liberation consist in knowing the answer to these questions? SO I TELL THEM, ‘NEVER MIND ABOUT LIBERATION. FIRST FIND OUT WHETHER THERE IS SUCH A THING AS BONDAGE.  EXAMINE YOURSELF FIRST (Talk—578).

Dear devotees, THERE CAN BE NO SHORTER-CUT THAN THIS. Instead of reading, discussing and arguing ad nauseam about nature of Reality and State of a Jivanmukta, we must first examine ourselves, if INDEED THE GOAL IS REALISING THE REAL, THAT IS, WHAT IS.  Reality has been indicated and the also the WAY to It. OUR DUTY IS TO PRACTICE WITH EFFORT AND BE EFFORTLESSLY. 

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 21, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Many devotees who came to Sri Bhagavan asked (i) about a Jivan Mukta (ii) how does a Jnani look, behave and act? 
Sri Bhagavan did not answer these questions.  How to know the state of Jivan Mukta unless one becomes one.  How to know
how a Brahma Jnani look?  These are foolish questions.  However in Sri Ramana Gita, Sri Bhagavan has said what happens when
an ardent devotee comes to a Jivan mukta, how does he feel his presence? etc., Sri Sankara has elaborated the Jivan Mukta lakshnams
in many verses in Viveka Chudamani. Still devotees are not tired of asking these questions.

How to know the depth of the well, unless you jump into it?

Arunachala Siva. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 21, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“Many devotees who came to Sri Bhagavan asked (i) about a Jivan Mukta (ii) how does a Jnani look, behave and act?
Sri Bhagavan did not answer these questions. How to know the state of Jivan Mukta unless one becomes one. How to know
how a Brahma Jnani look? These are foolish questions. However in Sri Ramana Gita, Sri Bhagavan has said what happens when
an ardent devotee comes to a Jivan mukta, how does he feel his presence? etc., Sri Sankara has elaborated the Jivan Mukta lakshnams
in many verses in Viveka Chudamani. Still devotees are not tired of asking these questions.

How to know the depth of the well, unless you jump into it?”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

“How does a Jnani look, behave and act?” Ji. Yes. These are absolutely foolish questions raised solely to satisfy merely mental curiosity. Sri Bhagwan neither answered nor approved of such questions. He invariably, in such cases, turned the mind of the questioner onto himself and showed where the error lies. Sri Bhagwan taught that in the spiritual realm strong mind means the ability to concentrate on a single thought, Self in case of Enquiry, and not in thinking furiously myriad thoughts in rapid succession. The ego, mind, intellect and reason, having understood the Truth intellectually, must give up and merge or disappear, for the Supreme Self to shine forth unobstructed. JI. YES. WE MUST EXAMINE OURSELVES FIRST, OVER AND ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE—AND URGENTLY, FOR TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil