Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758183 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2925 on: February 19, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

So true. There is indeed no diference betwean jnana and bhakti. They are one and the same,work of Love,our True Self. There is nothing other then Love,and it never will be. All the paths,all the names,belong to dream and concept world. In reality,there is no such thing like path,or any duality whatsoever. All that is to please our minds only,to give a name to something,coz that this illusion really is,labeling of everything. But,what gives life to both,is very Love itself,and beyond both lies Ever Changless,Ever shining reality. So,true,jnana and bhakti are only expressions and work of undieing,immortal Love.
Here is one beautiful quote of Sri Rumi on Love.

Thank You Very much,dear Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,

Looking at my life
I see that only Love
Has been my soul’s companion
From deep inside
My soul cries out:
Do not wait,

Surrender

For the sake of Love.

- Rumi

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: February 19, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »
Dear Jewell,

Yes. Loving everything is due to love for one's Self.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 19, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes. This is a very beautiful post. Sri Rumi’s quote is wonderful. Sri Bhagwan has also taught that Love Itself is the actual form of God. Sri Bhagwan taught that if by saying, “I do not love this, I do not love that”, we reject all things pertaining to duality, That which remains is the real form of the Self. That is pure Love and Love is Bliss. “CALL IT PURE BLISS, LOVE, GOD, SELF, OR WHAT YOU WILL.” That is Realisation and that is everything.
Sri Bhagwan : Only if one knows the secret of Love, which is the nature of the Self, will the strong entangled knot of life be untied.

Therefore, yes, LOVE IS EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS, as Sri Rumi sang.

Thanks very much, my dear friend.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
Dear Devotees,

The great devotee, Sri Ganapati Muni asked from Sri Bhagwan in a voice quivering and choked with emotion:
Sri Ganapati Muni: All that has to be read I have read; EVEN VEDANTA SASTRA I HAVE FULLY UNDERSTOOD; I have performed japa (invocation) to my heart’s content; yet have I not understood what tapas is. Therefore, I have sought refuge at Your Feet. PRAY ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO THE NATURE OF TAPAS.

Sri Bhagwan  turned His Gaze upon Sri Muni for some fifteen minutes and then replied:
Sri Bhagwan : IF ONE WATCHES WHENCE THE NOTION ‘I’ ARISES , THE MIND IS ABSORBED INTO THAT; THAT IS TAPAS. WHEN A MANTRA IS REPEATED, IF ONE WATCHES THE SOURCE OF FROM WHICH THE MANTRA SOUND IS PRODUCED THE MIND IS ABSORBED INTO THAT; THAT IS TAPAS.

Sri Arthur Osborne has noted that it was not so much the spoken words that filled him with joy as the Grace radiating from Sri Bhagwan.

Dear devotees, kindly tell me who before Sri Bhagwan taught Atma-Vichara as taught by Sri Bhagwan above?

Besides it is noteworthy that a great devotee of the stature of Sri Ganapati Muni, who understood VEDANTA SASTRA perhaps better than most of Sri Bhagwan’s distinguished devotees, and who performed japa to his heart’s content, did not understand and know what the true tapas is. AND HE CAME TO SRI BHAGWAN’S FEET AND SOUGHT HIS GRACE AND WAS FILLED WITH JOY.

Dear devotees, I do not wish to say anything to anyone of us who thinks and believes that mere scholarship  in Vedanta Sastra OR POTHA PUNDITRY can bestow JNANA AND BHAKTI AND THEREBY CONFER SELF-REALISATION.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: February 20, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »
Dear Sri Ani ji,

Your points are absolutely thought provoking and so very true. A person of honest conscience surely would resonate with these thoughts instantaneously. However my ego has risen in order to present its knowledge view, unfortunately.

Sri Anil ji, you observed:

Dear devotees, I do not wish to say anything to anyone of us who thinks and believes that mere scholarship  in Vedanta Sastra OR POTHA PUNDITRY can bestow JNANA AND BHAKTI AND THEREBY CONFER SELF-REALISATION.

but, you have already said what has to be said by quoting Sri Ganapati Muni and Sri Bhagavan dialogue.

when slightly kindered by views that are in difference to our ego's, it rises forth like a volcano lava that is curtailed within the covers of the mountain of Self Restraint.

So sorry, i could not resist from posting, it is of mutual benefit. I believe you would appreciate as a sincere follower of Bhagavan.

Thanks so much.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

Yes. I appreciated very much what you said, for we are not merged in the Egoless State.  But I didn’t say anything of my own to anyone who believes and makes others believe that Sastras, and not preventing the mind from straying guided by the Grace of the Guru, will lead one to Deliverance.  However, I must concede that when I saw something which seemed to me like contradicting fundamental Teaching of the Guru, something within me prompted me to respond and I remembered in a flash Sri Muni’s first question to Sri Bhagwan and His EPOCH-MAKING REPLY. In our hearts which are seeking to overflow with love and compassion, there is no place for bitterness about anything against anybody.

Still, let us pay attention to what Sri Bhagwan has said:

Sri Bhagwan : Ancients have said that the SUPERABUNDANCE OF BOOK KNOWLEDGE is the cause of the RAMBLING OF THE MIND. That will not carry you to the goal. Reading of Sastras and becoming PUNDITS may give fame to a person BUT THEY DESTROY THE PEACE OF THE MIND WHICH IS NECESSARY FOR THE SEEKER OF DELIVERANCE.  A seeker should understand the essence of the Sastras but should give up the reading of Sastras as THAT IS INIMICAL TO DHYANA.
And more:
Sri Bhagwan: Where then is the time for practice? The more you read, the more you feel like reading further. The result of all that is to go on discussing with other people who have books and spend time thus, BUT THAT WILL NOT LEAD TO DELIVERANCE.
Source: Letters From Sri Ramanasramam

Moreover, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji, there is no doubt that all that is essential, that is distilled wisdom of the Sacred Lore, is instilled by the Guru into earnest devotees and sincere seekers, like the well-cooked food in a platter. This is my feeling, which is deeper than thoughts.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji.
Pranam,
 Anil 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ji,

yes, the more we are focused in our sadhana, all other knowledge are mere ramblings of the mind. in "Who am I" Sri Bhagavan says:

"The mind should not be allowed to wander towards worldly objects and what concerns other people. However bad other people may be, one should bear no hatred for them. Both desire and hatred should be eschewed. All that one gives to others one gives to one's self. If this truth is understood who will not give to others? When one's self arises, all arises; when one's self becomes quiescent, all becomes quiescent. To the extent we behave with humility, to that extent there will result good. If the mind is rendered quiescent, one may live anywhere."

Sri Anil ji, like i have mentioned so many times before in this forum in past, i maintain that i am always conversing with myself at all times, therefore by my responses to you here or any body, i am merely responding to my own rambling mind after all! By which i aspire to come to terms of reality.

so many things happen before our eyes, externally, what ever happens can be either categorised as acceptable or not acceptable, correct or incorrect and right or wrong! Truly of what concern should it be to me or us? the Self that is aspired is beyond all dualities of rights and wrongs and my only concern has to be within, there are so many movements externally, so many points of views that provoke us to react and express to make a right point of view, i reflect, to whom am i expressing afterall? perhaps everybody else have to face their inward journey and that journey may include even sticking to something strongly and their karma also may include imposing it on others. From where did it spring from within - that i must express myself inorder to show the correct view to somebody or it could be that by expressing to others I am after all only telling myself but i discern, do i have to go external inorder to discern myself? by going external means attracting more karmas; after all, that i am only responding to myself ultimately and if i do respond, then i am also making a stand on Bhagavan's teaching which also ends up becoming just another scripture after all. Sri Bhagavan said "If you go the way of your thoughts you will be carried away by them and you will find yourself in an endless maze"

Like What Buddha completely had done about with, ie, religion, practices, has today become exactly what he might have truly wanted to be done with.

Sri Anil ji, i am responding to myself through you, by constant effort and practice, we must be done with going externally completely, as by going external we merely become preacher ourselves, Bhagavan himself did not consider himself a preacher or a Guru as well nor did he have any disciple or any legacy to really carry forward, he left his expressions out freely to be interpreted by everybody as they see, from where each one were. I realise how really we still have to desire the Self or God more fervently, as when that desire is so strong, we will not really care what any body is really saying out there, i am remembering Muruganar:

"Muruganar's devotion to Sri Bhagavan was total. He was his Guru, God, and everything.  He once said: I have seen the Sun of Jnana [meaning Sri Bhagavan]. And my eyes have become blind. To  whom can I see any more?  In fact, he never met any other Guru who came to the Asramam and never visited any Temples after coming to Sri Bhagavan.  Once Rajeswarananda who was also Sri Bhagavan's devotee, wanted to meet some other guru living in the giri pradakshina route. Since Sri Rajeswarananda was polio affected, he could not  walk the girivalam route. He used to go by car. He once took Muruganar  and he said that in the girivalam route, we shall also meet that other guru, whom I told you before, Muruganar said in a stern voice: Please stop the car, I shall get down. I do not want to see any pther guru!"

when such yearning really takes us over, we will really care less or even take any notice of how any body is interpreting Bhagavan's expressions.

Sri Anil, through your expressions, i have ended up with a very important discernment myself, thanks so much. And at all times, i am always responding to you (others) and never at you (others).

Nothing out there must concern us, that must be our aspiration, they are mithya, and any of our efforts, expressing etc, is as good as wanting to edit or change a movie sequence being seen by us in a cinema hall.

thanks so much for this opportunity.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:49:49 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 20, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ji,

the above post is merely discernment, still i am not come to the stage such as Muruganar, where i can truly keep away from all these exchanges, but i would like to believe and trust that through this, Bhagavan has laid some seed through these minuscule discernement of ours, and it shall sprout when He wills.

:)

Sri Anil Ji, i can never match the quality of your flawless language delivery in your posts, therefore my communication may be little distorted in language delivery, but i hope the spirit is conveyed.

thank you so much,
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
Quote from Sri Nagaraj Ji:
“Sri Anil ji, i am responding to myself through you, by constant effort and practice, we must be done with going externally completely, as by going external we merely become preacher ourselves, Bhagavan himself did not consider himself a preacher or a Guru as well nor did he have any disciple or any legacy to really carry forward, he left his expressions out freely to be interpreted by everybody as they see, from where each one were.”

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

This is a very beautiful discernment too. Your insightful discernments have always been a great source of inspiration and significant help in my quest for the Truth, as has been keen insights and cryptic observations of Sri Subramanian sir and Sri Ravi Bhai, Sri slilentgreen, Sri Jewell and others. Even after coming to Sri Bhagwan’s Feet, many doubts remained buried in the dark cavern of my mind, prior to joining this Forum. Sri Bhagwan’s Grace and your and others’ insights helped me to bring the doubts to the surface, only to be destroyed, by holding the doubter himself.

Your above discernment is helpful to me in that it makes me also see that we should not only follow whole-heartedly Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching, but being His devotees, we should also seek to emulate Sri Bhagwan’s Examples from His Life embodied, as far as possible.

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji, this post and this discussion give me an opportunity to disclose a little secret that you once came to my place in my dream and stayed for a few days with me and we discussed Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching to our heart’s content.  However dream Sri Nagaraj Ji adopted partly the face of a distant friend, Sri Nageshwar and the rest of your face remained vague and obscured! This, in my view, reflects the intensity of our relationship.

Dear sir, I do not know whether my language delivery in my posts are flawless or not, but your language delivery in your post are very effective and, in my view, convey your thoughts, feeling and your beautiful discernments beautifully. Besides, language has never been a barrier to the meeting of hearts.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji.
Pranam,   
  Anil     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 20, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »

Dear Sri Anil ji,

i am unable to provide a genuine response that could better
silence which wishes to convey heartfelt gratitude to
yourself and every member of this forum.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
A visitor asked Sri Bhagwan, “What is the right conception of life?”
Sri Bhagwan : If you know who wants to have cleared, i.e., who puts the question, then all will be solved. What is meant by life, by right conception, and who are you?
Visitor: I am a man. I want to know what is right conception of life so that I may live accordingly.
Sri Bhagwan : Life of a man is what IS. That which is, IS. All the trouble arises by having a conception of it. Mind comes in. It has a conception. All trouble follows. If you are as you are, without a mind and its conceptions about various things, all will be well with you. If you seek the source of the mind, then alone all questions will be solved. 
Another visitor asked Sri Bhagwan, “Will not right conduct be enough to secure salvation?
Sri Bhagwan : Salvation for whom? Who wants salvation? And what is right conduct? And what is right? Who is to judge what is right and what is wrong? According to previous samskaras, each one regards something or other as right. It is only when the reality is known, what is right can be known.  THE BEST COURSE IS TO FIND OUT WHO WANTS THIS SALVATION, AND IN TRACING THIS ‘WHO’ OR EGO TO ITS ORIGINAL SOURCE CONSISTS ALL RIGHT CONDUCT.
The answer did not satisfy the visitor, and he kept on asking whether doing nitya karmas and sat karmas will not lead to salvation, as mentioned in the books. Thereupon Sri Bhagwan said, “ It is said so in books. Who denies that good conduct is good or that it will eventually lead you to the goal? Good conduct or sat karma purifies the chitta or mind and gives you chitta sudhi. The pure mind attains Jnana, which is what is meant by salvation. SO, EVENTUALLY JNANA MUST BE REACHED, I.E., THE EGO MUST BE TRACED TO ITS SOURCE. But to those whom this does not appeal, we have to say sat karmas lead to chitta sudhi and chitta sudhi will lead to right knowledge or Jnana, and that in its turn gives salvation.
Source-Day By Day With Bhagwan

Dear Devotees,

This is where, I feel, lies the crux of the problem. The ego must be traced to its original Source. Once the original Source is reached, the ego must merge into It and that is abiding in the Self as the Self.  AND THAT IS THE TAPAS.  However due to residual vasanas, it is, in the initial stages, impossible to abide in the Self as the Self, uninterrupted for a long time. But Sri Bhagwan has assured that with the repeated practice in this manner the capacity of the mind to stay in the Source goes on increasing, till it becomes effortless.Therefore, when oneself emerges and arises from the State of Abidance, one must enquire, as soon as one remembers that one has swerved away, and come back to ONESELF who is the mere Witness. But the word Witness implies duality and hence ‘Witness’ should be understood as the PRESENCE  Which is Being-Consciousness , all-pervading, eternal and unchanging and we are That. But the ego rises from the Being-Consciousness and we begin to identify with this insignificant rising consciousness. Therefore, the original Source of the ‘I’-thought must be traced. If we reach the Root of the thoughts thus we reach the STILLNESS OF THE SLEEP.  BUT SRI BHAGWAN SAYS THAT WE MUST REACH IT IN FULL VIGOUR OF SEARCH, THAT IS, WITH PERFECT AWARENESS.
Dear devotees, we are always discussing about ‘Summa Iru’ in this Forum.  In this context, I wish to say that if we trace the Source of the ego and we reach It in the full vigour of the search, with perfect awareness, we reach the State of ‘Wakeful Sleep’.   We must also understand that if we reach this State, with perfect awareness, then only we are free from the thoughts, it does not matter if a few stray thoughts are rising on the periphery of Consciousness without power to distract. That is the State of perfect Stillness, for STILLNESS means remaining without thoughts. What is it that obstructs our bliss-nature in the waking state? Obviously, the thoughts in the waking state form the obstacle to gaining the Stillness of sleep in the waking state. THEREFORE, IF WE REACH THE STATE OF WAKEFUL SLEEP, WITH PERFECT AWARENESS, THAT MEANS  THAT WE ARE FREE FROM THOUGHTS AND YET AWARE. SRI BHAGWAN SAYS THAT IS THE PERFECT BEING. THAT IS ‘BE STILL’ OR ‘SUMMA IRU—FREE FROM THOUGHTS AND YET AWARE PERFECTLY.   

Dear devotees, life? What is life? OURS IS THE LIFE ETERNAL. IS IT NOT?  As it is said that Sat is beyond sat and asat, Knowledge is beyond knowledge and ignorance, Bliss is beyond pleasure and sorrow, etc., so also Life is beyond life and death.  LIFE IS EXISTENCE, BEING, AND THAT IS THE SELF. Right conduct  in life consists in tracing the Source of the Ego and reach the SELF,THE ETERNAL  LIFE, Which is the Source of this temporal, fleeting life.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 21, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »
Dear Sri Anil ji,

Thank you for an excellent post, it was an eye opener arising from some drowsy sleep. i am spontaneously remembered this wonderful story:

Story on Vishnumaya

Once Sri Narada Rishi, the great devotee of Narayana, went to Dvaraka to see Lord Krishna. After talking for some time, they went out for a walk. During the course of the walk, they spoke about a lot of topics. At this juncture, Narada said to Vasudeva, "Narayana, Krishna, Govinda, Mahavishnoh, great sages speak of your shakthi called Vishnumaya, by which the whole universe is deluded into thinking of "I and mine" and by the operation of which there is forgetfulness of You. May I know, Vasudeva, what that Vishnumaya is, if
you are pleased to reveal that to me, your servant's servant." Recalling to His mind a similar request made by the sage Markandeya to Himself in the form of Nara-Narayana, Govinda said "Sure, you are my dear devotee. My devotees' desires will never be unfulfilled. I will fulfill your desire." Satisified with the reply of Madhusudhana, Narada continued the walk.

Having walked a long distance, they almost came to a suburb of Dvaraka. At this juncture, Lord Krishna felt thirsty. He told Narada, "Dear  Narada, I feel quite thirsty. We have come a long way from our home. We cannot go back home to quench my thirst. Can you do Me a favour?". Narada replied, "Prabho, your wish is my order. Command me, your servant, what I should do". Narayana replied, "At a short distance from here, there is a village. Please go to that village and fetch water for Me. Till that time, I will be sitting beneath that tree. Don't miss Me."

Glad to be of service to Vishnu, which is the only business of the soul, Narada rushed to the said village. On reaching the first house, he knocked the door, anxious to quickly procure water for Govinda, whose feet-washings constitute the perennial Ganga. The door was opened by a young girl whose beauty stupefied the mind of Narada, stopping for a moment his incessant chant of "Narayana, Narayana". Forgetting both Krishna and His thirst - the very purpose of his coming there - he enquired the girl "Dear, who are you? Who is your father? I would consider myself most fortunate if I can marry you." The girl replied, "My father is inside. You can talk to him." Narada went inside and spoke to the girl's father, "Respected Sir, you may know me to be Narada, Narayana's servant. Attracted by the beauty and modesty of your daughter, I propose to marry her. I would consider it Hari's grace if you consent to it." The father readily agreed to the proposal.

A few days later, the wedding happened. Time, the power of Vishnu that crushes into oblivion those turned away from Hari's feet, rolled on. Narada begot several children in this period of 12 years and considered his life most happy. But how can anything other than the service of Padmanabha be permanent?

One day the clouds turned very grey foreboding terrible rains. Soon it started raining heavily with powerful thunderclaps accompanied by  a furious wind. In a few hours, the whole village where Narada lived was flooded and many people started moving out of the village. To save himself and his family, Narada too made preparations for exiting the village. He took a small set of necessary household articles, clutched the hands of his wife and elder children, took his younger ones on his shoulders and slowly waded through the waters. With powerful rains and thunder from above, whirling water below and furious winds in all directions, Narada could not understand where he was going. The whirling pull of the waters was so high that the bag of household articles that Narada was clutching in his hands slipped away from him. Narada began to lament the loss of his cherished items, just like a householder attached to his wealth. While thus lamenting, a powerful whirlpool snatched away one of his sons. Weeping to the extreme and bemoaning the loss of his beloved son, Narada said "O Narayana, what is this that is happening to me. Please look at your sorrow-stricken servant. How can he live without his son?" Soon the powerful waves of the waters snatched or drowned all his children one by one. Suffering to the extreme, unable to bear the heavy loss, Narada clung to his wife and pathetically cried, "Govinda, why should I live anymore. Why does not Death snatch me? Why don't you protect me? Do you lack either mercy or power? If you don't protect me any further, you will lose your good name as the `Protector of the Devotees' ". Narada now held his wife's hands very tightly as she was his only remaining meaning in life. But, as if to smear salt on a wound, a powerful whirlpool snatched away his dearest wife from his hands. Losing everything without exception, suffering to the extreme and losing all meaning in life, Narada cried out at the top of his voice, "O Narayana, is this what you do to your servants, you merciless rogue."

As if the heavens heard this cry, a very powerful flash of lightning lighted the sky blinding the eyes of Narada for a few seconds. When he opened his eyes, what he saw stupefied him. Neither the rains nor the thunder, neither the floods nor the storm, could Narada see. Instead Narada saw a four-handed beauty sitting beneath a tree, as if anxiously waiting for something. Distressed by the horrible events and surprised by the enigmatic vision of Vishnu, Narada found himself thoroughly confused and disoriented.

Trying to get this clear, Narada approached the Presence which spoke in a sonorous voice.

"Dear Narada, I was thirsty and asked you to get some water for Me. I have been waiting for almost half an hour. Have you brought Me the water?", said the `rogue' with a mischievous smile playing on His lips.

In a flash, Narada understood everything; and like a mad man, he rushed to the Lord, clasped the feet of the Lord extremely tight and cried bitterly like a child. Bathing the feet of the Lord with his tears, he could not come to normalcy for a long time. Then he regained himself and said, "Today, Narayana, You have revealed to me Your Vishnumaya shakti. I, your servant, have been thoroughly confounded by your Vishnumaya with the false notion of I, mine, my family, my wife, my child, my wealth etc. Taking this impermanent world as the source of happiness, I wandered about in the dense darkness of household life, totally forgetting your lotus feet. In the end, I underwent extreme sorrow as the fruit of my self-centred household life and the consequent forgetfulness of You. This much is clear to me, Lord, that those who serve Your lotus feet are immune to Vishnumaya, while those who are turned away from Your service are repeatedly going round and round in this Samsara chakra. Let me ask this one boon from you, Govinda: may I have unabating love for your lotus feet and let me never again be affected by Vishnumaya."

Granting his request gladly, Hari thought of the experiences that Narada endured in Vishnumaya. Pitying him for his pains, Krishna caressed Narada with supreme affection, while Narada found himself transported to the highest realms of Supreme Love.

Thanks so very much.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 22, 2013, 05:00:52 PM »
                                                              BE STILL

If I sleep consciously as a lazy one, remaining still and CONSUMING BLISS, this is the supreme state. Is there any state other than this, O Arunachala? If there is please tell me!
V. 37, Aksharamanamalai

“THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE LAZY ONES REMAINS.”

Of what avail is knowing things
Other than the Self? And the Self being known,
What other things is there to know?
That one light that shines as many selves,
Seeing this Self within
As Awareness’ lightening flash;
The play of Grace; THE EGO’S DEATH;
The blossoming of Bliss.
V. 4, Atma-Vidya Kirtanam

“If we remain being still, without the least action of mind, speech and body, oh what a wonder, the Self-effulgence will be experienced.”

To continue in my next post.

Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 22, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »
Dear Anil,

Nice.

Verse 37 of AAMM is having two meanings.  Apparently, it looks as if Sri Bhagavan says: I am lazy. I eat well. And then I sleep
with sukam. "

Sukam uNdu" means 'consuming the everlasting, eternal bliss' also,. He does not eat and sleep. He consumes the eternal
bliss and then ever vigilant in a sleepless sleep.     

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“Sukam uNdu" means 'consuming the everlasting, eternal bliss' also,. He does not eat and sleep. He consumes the eternal
bliss and then ever vigilant in a sleepless sleep.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

This is the wonderful explanation of the V. 37 of the Aksharamanamalai. The translation that I posted has been taken from one of Sri David Godman’s books. However, the translation given in the ‘Collected Works’ is slightly different. So, I wrote and posted the Verse to elicit from you the most appropriate and acceptable translation of the same. But surprisingly you posted what I had been looking for, for that explains my understanding and feeling regarding ‘Summa Iru’.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
 Anil