Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758440 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2895 on: February 12, 2013, 06:05:19 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj ji,

Yes, I understand that certain external disciplines, on the spiritual path, are always desirable. But what I said was if this is brought about forcibly, and repression of one’s interests and desires are involved, it may prove counterproductive for the seekers in the long run.  That is why Sri Bhagwan taught to withdraw the attention from the objects outside and to focus instead on to oneself, that is, the enjoyer himself. If the truth of the enjoyer himself is known by the enquiry and revealed as false, enjoyer and objects of enjoyment will disappear.

Dear Sri Nagaraj, I feel that Sri Jewell has described it all very beautifully indeed. “IT DOES NOT HOLD MY ATTENTION ANY MORE, AND I AM NOT INTERESTED.” Yes, sir, it has also been my experience that a stage comes in sadhana when many things and objects, which were once very dear, do not attract and hold the same fascination any more.

Sri Jewell’s Quote:
“I stopped watching television for the simple reason, it doasnt hold my attention anymore,  and i am not interested. But i never forced it, or anything else. If we make so much effort in these things, why dont we instead put some effort in doing sadhana,eg. Selfinquiry. Then all which us needed to happen, or to be dropped, will drop by itself. Like You said, it is only meaningful when it comes from within.”

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 12, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

The above quote of David Godman is correct. But,do You think that Being is our real Self? What is being exactly?
Sure that all efforts are efforts inside illusion only,and belong to ego. Then,it
do You think that Ego removal of Ego nature is better,then just abindance in the birth place of Ego itself? Bhagavan is pointing only on that all along. And Maharaj too. In fact,Maharaj is openly telling that Being is infact illusion,and that only abinding in it ,one can trancendent it,only when we understand so called I. That is best mettod,coz You can discipline Yourself how much You want,but You cannot disciplinesubconscious things which You are not aware of. The mind is very subtle,and it is impossible to know all its movements,unless You are Yogi like Sri Aurobindo for instance. I know many Yogis and Sadhus who are very disciplined,but are very very far from self realisation. Coz one thing they will never menage to get rid of. Pride. And many who firce some silly things on them,become cold and selfish,,coz their very nature is not like that. If they are full of vitality and force themself not to be,they are bound to become stone like. It is only means. But they lose heaven,and lose earth too,how to say.
Anyway,what i want to say,is that with any practice whatsoever,all habbits are ment to go,in very natural way. Anyone can chose what they like. Devotion,jnana,it doasnt matter. But,to say that Being is not purpose if Self inquiry,is not correct. Infact,we already are,and all other things which constitute ego,are trancendented already by attempts to just Be. When later even that is trancendented. That is the word of two great Sages,it is not something we invented.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 12, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
What is Atma Vicharam? Atma need not be inquired into. Atma 'Vicharam means inquiring into the nature of anatma, the pseudo I
that prevents us from realizing the Atma which is already the for ever, eternally. Thus the Vicharam is only to remove the pseudo
I, its transient nature, its looking outwards towards the world and and objects. If this is done with great efforts, this will fade away,
and the Atma will reveal itself. It is like the removing of dust and dirt on the chimney glass. These dirt and dust represent the pseudo
I, which hides the Light, i.e. Atma. 

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
Dear Sri Jewel,

There is no coersion here, we are just expressing views, its upto each one to take what is good for oneself and reject what is bad for oneself.

These views expressed do not in any way aspire or even subtly convey, the other view is in any way wrong or flawed.

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Very true. :) Well,what is good for one,dont need to be good for other. Everyone knows for himself. And indeed,the point for all discussions is bringing some point of view from different perspective. Then,there is no place for flows or similar.

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 12, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Jewell,
You have raised many many topics here,but I will only stick to self-enquiry as advocated by sri Bhagavan.The self referred here is the thought of 'I' the Ego.We only know the ego and not the Self or Pure Being or awareness.As long as the ego persists there is no direct perception of Awareness but only the indirect consciousness of Ego only.
Pure Being is something that underlies the triple states of wakefulness,Dream and sleep.if self enquiry is not doing but being,it should be possible to do it in sleep as well.We clearly know that it is not possible.Anything that is possible only in waking state and not possible in the deep sleep state is DOING only as the the 'doer' I is present only in the waking state only.

As long as the ego clings to the doings and enjoyment in the three states of Waking,Dream and Sleep ,there is no possibility of Realization and abidance in pure awareness.This necessarily means that the subconscious to the superconscious spectrum of consciousness is resolved into the Featureless Parabrahman-State of Pure Being.

People may experience a degree of freedom from thoughts into quiescence , and this may give them a feeling of abiding in the self,but this certainly is far from it. Many stop and stagnate here and are satisfied with this.

In fact,if we read what Sri Bhagavan says,he is referring to tracing the ego to the Birth Place-This means tracing it to its nonexistence.Where it ceases to exist(like the salt doll dissolving in sri Ramakrishna's parable) ,some other thing (we have to use some expression for this,as it is indescribable) alone exists as Pure Being.

Sri Bhagavan advises -Enquire into what you are aware as 'I' ,the ego.Do not speculate about the 'Pure Being'.This is the Reason that he does not advocate meditation on 'I am',although he admits that such a thing will be an aid to self-enquiry.

I do not wish to discuss Sri Aurobindo's Yoga right here,but yes,he is a Mahayogi and has his own terminology.You are right that he did advocate complete transformation of the external nature.

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
Dear Sri Jrwel,
 :)

That now makes that there is nothing more to share or discuss or discern together as each person is different.

If we are so sure of ourselves as to know what is good or bad for ourselves, Well what more can i say, i would be the last person to convey any of my views to you.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

I am not interested to Abide in Real Self,coz i believe it is quite impossible. I dont know what is Real Sel,and i dont think there is possability for ego to know it at all. I do what my Guru instructed me to do,thats all. And what according to my own imprressions,i hold my view. Simple as that. Everything Bhagavan said is very much appliable to me.
And like You said,so long as ego is engrosed in three states,it is impossible Reality to shine. That means,so long as there is ego. But then there is no place of any Abindance in our real nature. That by itself totaly contradictory. Self dont abide in the Self,no is ego abide in the Self. Self is Self,free. And all what we need to do is to just Be,so can we see unreality of ego,and finaly give up to do anything,coz it is impossible for ego to realise anything appart from duality.

Thats how i see all this.

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj,

I dont think there is any need for arguments betwean us. I didnt do anything which You didnt. I am telling my views,You are telling Yours,and we cant and dont need to agree. Nothing i said is ment to upset You,or against You. I am simply telling how i experience all this. Our impressions can difer,but that is ment to happen in such subjects. We all are passionate about all this. Thats all. I never ment to disrespect You,coz You very well know that i respect You in every wsy.

I am sorry if what i expressed was offending or harsh. I truly apologize!

With love and prayers,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 12, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
Dear Sri Jewel,

That was not arguement or anything, but just yey another view of mine. That is all. What i observef is in my view, there is nothing more to exchange, from what i gathered from your views.

that was a genuine view. You have to face it too, for the views you are standing for.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 13, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“I am not interested to Abide in Real Self, coz i believe it is quite impossible. I dont know what is Real Self, and i dont think there is possibility for ego to know it at all. I do what my Guru instructed me to do, thats all. And what according to my own impressions, i hold my view. Simple as that. Everything Bhagavan said is very much applicable to me.
And like You said, so long as ego is engrossed in three states, it is impossible Reality to shine. That means, so long as there is ego. But then there is no place of any Abidance in our real nature. That by itself totally contradictory. Self dont abide in the Self, no is ego abide in the Self. Self is Self, free. And all what we need to do is to just Be, so can we see unreality of ego, and finally give up to do anything, coz it is impossible for ego to realise anything apart from duality.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes. There is no possibility for the illusory and non-existence ego whatever. Nobody can deny his being, his existence. We all know that we are. We all are therefore more or less aware of the feeling ‘I am’, of the existence-consciousness, albeit not pure due to adjunct ‘so and so’. When the attention is focussed deeper and deeper within towards the feeling or the sense ‘I am’ the ego shrinks more and more into nothingness. So, Sri Bhagwan taught to practice to ‘just be’, or ‘be still’, as you beautifully said, with the remembrance of the feeling of existence-consciousness, or ‘I am’ or mere ‘I’. Clinging to the consciousness ‘I am’ and gaining greater and greater intensity and clarity upon it is diving within. If we can remain as such, unreality of the ego-mind is revealed and it then disappears.

Dear Sri Jewell, ego being a fiction, there is no question of its abidance in the Self, nor Self abides in the Self, for Self is Self, free, as you so beautifully said. So, abidance is a fallacious term. It is generally, in my view, used to indicate the state of being in which one clings or attend to the feeling or sense ‘I am’ or ‘existence-consciousness’ uninterruptedly, without allowing room for the rise of thoughts including the central ‘I’-thought, till the very end.

Dear Sri Jewell, in my view, your observations in your above post are impeccable, and it is obvious that your understanding is as good as anyone of us here, if not better. I wish to say something also on the question whether Enquiry is doing or being, later in the day, although I do not attach much importance to these questions which, in my view, are meaningless for the seekers as far as practice, as it were, is concerned.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji, Yes. Sri Bhagwan taught the Enquiry is initiated by the ego, in the first place, and that in ‘Who am I?’ enquiry, ‘I’ is the ego or the individual, and not the Self. When one holds onto the feeling of ‘I’ , subjective awareness, individual ‘I’ disappears and the Self shines forth.

Now I would like to draw your attention to what Sri David Godman wrote in his popular book ‘Be As You Are’, which is as follows:
“Being what one already is is effortless since beingness is always present and always experienced. On the other hand, pretending to be what one is not (i.e. the body and the mind) requires continuous mental effort, even though the effort is always at a subconscious level. IT THEREFORE FOLLOWS THAT IN THE HIGHER STAGES OF SELF-ENQUIRY EFFORT TAKES ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE EXPEREINCE OF BEING WHILE THE CESSATION OF MENTAL EFFORTS REVEALS IT.  Ultimately the Self is not discovered as a result of doing anything but only by being. As Sri Ramana himself remarked: “Do not meditate—be! Do not think that you are—be! Don’t think about being—you are!”

Dear Sri Ravi, Sri Bhagwan Himself has reiterated that real Vichara begins when one is already off the mental movement and that Vichara is an inner quest. ‘Holding the mind, which is merely a projection of the Self, and investigating it, is advised for a beginner.’

Besides, I feel that what Sri David has said above is not different, at least in essence, from the great devotee, Sri Sadhu Om’s exposition, though approach and terms employed may be different. Sri David says above that being what one is is effortless since it is always present and therefore is natural. On the other hand, pretending to be what one is not requires continuous mental effort, even though the effort to pretend ‘I am this or that’ requires effort always at subconscious level. Now, let us consider Sri Om’s exposition:

‘So long as our power of attention was dwelling upon second and third persons, it was called ‘the mind’ or the ‘intellect’, and its attending was called a doing (kriya) or an action. Only that which is done by the mind is an action. BUT AS SOON AS THE ATTENTION IS FIXED ON THE FIRST PERSON (OR SELF), IT LOSES ITS MEAN NAMES SUCH AS MIND, INTELLECT OR EGO SENSE. MOREOVER, THAT ATTENTION IS NO LONGER EVEN AN ACTION, BUT INACTION OR THE STATE OF BEING STILL. Therefore, the mind which attends to the Self is no more the mind; it is the consciousness aspect of the Self (atma-chit-rupam)! Likewise, so long as it attends to the second or third persons (the world), it is not the consciousness aspect of the Self; it is the mind, the reflected form of consciousness (chit-abhasa-rupam)! HENCE, SINCE SELF-ATTENTION IS NOT A DOING, IT IS NOT AN ACTION. THAT IS SELF ALONE REALISES SELF; THE EGO DOES NOT.”     

Dear sir, in my view, this is one of the most wonderful insights into Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching I have ever seen. I feel that Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching “There are no two selves, there is one Self” was understood much better by Sri Om than others. Sri Sadhu Om says beautifully that when our power of attention is directed only towards the first person, though we formally refer to it as ‘directed’, in truth, it is not of the nature of a ‘doing’ (kriya rupam) IN THE FORM OF DIRECTING OR BEING DIRECTED; IT IS THE NATURE OF ‘BEING’ OR ‘EXISTING’. Because second or third persons are alien or external to us, our attention paid to them was of the nature of a ‘doing’. But this very attention, when fixed on the NON-ALIEN FIRST PERSON FEELING , ‘I’ loses the nature of ‘PAYING’ and remains in the form of ‘being’, and therefore it is of the nature of non-doing or inaction. This brilliant exposition is, in my view, the same as Sri David’s as quoted above.

Dear sir, in a subjective method such as Self-enquiry, opinion is bound to differ from person to person depending on numerous other factors, but essence remains the same. For instance, for me, Both Sri Om’s and Sri David’s exposition and insight are essentially one and the same.

Thanks very much, sir.
 Pranam,
  Anil   

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
Anil,

HENCE, SINCE SELF-ATTENTION IS NOT A DOING, IT IS NOT AN ACTION. THAT IS SELF ALONE REALISES SELF; THE EGO DOES NOT

I would prefer to say that Self alone is.Awareness is the very nature of the Self.This is the sum and substance of 'summa Iru'.

"BUT AS SOON AS THE ATTENTION IS FIXED ON THE FIRST PERSON (OR SELF), IT LOSES ITS MEAN NAMES SUCH AS MIND, INTELLECT OR EGO SENSE"

Anil Bhai,there is no first person independent of the second and Third!This is the point that David brings out.
Essentially there are two elements to self-enquiry:
1.Starving the mind by turning the attention on the 'I' sense, not paying attention to thoughts,(In concentration the Mind instead of feeding on multiple objects,is given just one single object to feed on)and as and when one gets carried away by a thought,question 'to whom  is this thought' -and again to get back to the 'I' sense.
2.Questioning its very existence ,questioning the very Root thought of 'I'-This does call for a tremendous Degree of intensity and Effort.
Sri Bhagavan mentions that this is akin to how pearl divers dive into the oceanic depths to get to the pearl.

The 'I' sense cannot be treated as if it is just a 'False imagination' and can be immediately undone by perceiving that it does not exist!If it were that simple,self-enquiry will not be necessary.This is the Reason that it is called the knot or chit jada granthi.

As for Summa Iru,it is not a practice but the ending of Practice.This would mean that Waking,Dream and Sleep are Transcended-They do not affect the Self.Self alone is.

It is for the seeker to see where he is and whether there is only 'Summa iruththal';not as a subtle conviction but solid Truth.This would mean the ending of the Division of the seer and the seen.

Thoughts apart,I totally agree with you when you say
opinion is bound to differ from person to person depending on numerous other factors, but essence remains the same

Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 14, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
‘You’ and ‘he’—these appear only when ‘I’ does. But when the nature of the ‘I’ is sought and the ego is destroyed, ‘you’ and ‘he’ are at an end. What shines then as the One alone is the true Self.
V. 14, ULLadu Narpadu

Dear Sri Ravi,

Quote:
‘Anil Bhai, there is no first person independent of the second and Third! This is the point that David brings out.

Ji. Yes. Your posts are always insightful. However, I wish to say that there is no second and third person apart from the first person. Sri Bhagwan taught in V.14 of the ‘Reality in Forty Verses’ that when the first person ceases to exist through one’s enquiry into the truth of that first person, then the existence of the second and third persons will come to an end. So, however much we scrutinise thoughts pertaining to second and third persons they will never subside but will only increase. On the contrary, the first person thought, ’I’ has this peculiarity that if attention is focussed on it, in order to discover what exactly it is, this ‘I’-thought subsides. So, Sri Bhagwan taught that if we want to destroy all thoughts, we must scrutinise the first person thought, ‘I’ which runs through and sustains all the second and third person thoughts, like the thread through the beads, all of them will be destroyed effortlessly. Similar is the case with the present out of the three times—past, future and present. If we attend to only the present time and avoid all the thoughts of the past and future, in order to know what is the truth of the present time itself will vanish, being found to be non-existent. Therefore, if we try to form a though of either the present time and or the first person, that is, if we attend to either of these two, all thoughts will cease of their own accord, because present out of the three times and the first out of the three persons root and primal conceptions. Thus if two foremost conceptions of time and places, projected by the maya, are transcended by the Enquiry, WE—THE TIMELESS AND SPACELESS SELF-ALONE ARE!   

Quote:
“Essentially there are two elements to self-enquiry:
1.Starving the mind by turning the attention on the 'I' sense, not paying attention to thoughts,(In concentration the Mind instead of feeding on multiple objects,is given just one single object to feed on)and as and when one gets carried away by a thought,question 'to whom is this thought' -and again to get back to the 'I' sense.
2.Questioning its very existence ,questioning the very Root thought of 'I'-This does call for a tremendous Degree of intensity and Effort.
Sri Bhagavan mentions that this is akin to how pearl divers dive into the oceanic depths to get to the pearl.”

Dear Sri Ravi, ji, Yes. This is a beautiful insight. Two elements to Self-enquiry, as you have categorised, conform to my own understanding and feeling. However, different seekers, according to their capacities, are likely to view and assimilate the above differently and also are likely to put it into practice as per their inclination and preference. For, my mode of practice is more or less as per the first category. But, nevertheless, it cannot be and should not be devoid of the second. I mean to say that “ingathering of all the vital and mental energies and directing them heartwards, restraining speech and the vital breath, resolved to find Self, or the Atma-Swarupa” , REPRESENTS THE RESOLVE, WHICH IS THE DYNAMIC ELEMENT IN THE QUEST. I have always maintained that without this RESOLVE  there is no finding or discovering the Self. Without this RESOLVE THERE CAN BE NO DIVING IN THE HEART. AND DIVING FOR ME IS ACQUIRING GREATER AND GREATER CLARITY AND INTENSITY OF CONCENTRATION WHILE REMAINING IN SELF-ATTENTION.
Dear sir, I do not know whether I am able to explain my feeling in proper perspective, for words and language are inadequate means express one’s feeling. Because of this inadequacy, I would here like to draw your attention to What Sri Bhagwan taught in “Who am I?”

“Giving one’s self up to God means remaining constantly in the Self without giving room for the rise of any thoughts other than THE THOUGHT OF THE SELF. “ Although Sri Bhagwan uses here the phrase ‘thought of the Self’ to denote Self-attention, attending to the feeling ‘I am’ or ‘I’ or the Self as Sri Sadhu Om puts it, does not constitute a mental activity, for attending to the ‘I am’  or Self is abiding as the Self and therefore it is not doing but being. This is corroborated even by the benedictory Verse of the ULLadu narpadu:
“Since the Reality exists within, beyond thought, who can how to meditate upon that Reality, which is called the Heart? To abide in the Heart as It is, that is without thought, is truly meditating upon It. Thus should you know.”  Therefore, for me, true meditation is attending to or meditating upon ‘I am’ (that is, feeling or consciousness of being or existence) and remaining or abiding in the Self as the Self.     

Quote:
“The 'I' sense cannot be treated as if it is just a 'False imagination' and can be immediately undone by perceiving that it does not exist!If it were that simple,self-enquiry will not be necessary.This is the Reason that it is called the knot or chit jada granthi.

It is for the seeker to see where he is and whether there is only 'Summa iruththal'; not as a subtle conviction but solid Truth. This would mean the ending of the Division of the seer and the seen.”

Dear Sri Ravi, Ji. Yes. My feeling regarding your above quote is exactly the same. As I said before, the tenacious ego will not go away by a merely wishful thinking, or false imagination, as you said. Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is one infallible method, which for sure, reveals the unreality of the ego-mind.

Thanks very much, sir, for a very fruitful post.
Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »
Famous devotee, Dr. Sri M. Hafiz Syed, reminisced thus:

The great GAIN that I had from my contact with Maharshi is incalculable. One thing on which he laid great stress was the discovery and search of our own real Self by means of self-analysis, self-investigation and self-introspection. By pursuing this simple and profound method, as taught by Sri Maharshi, my faith in the reality and never-changing character of the Self became deeper.
This contact and this really inspiring method of approach to truth has made me so certain of the real Self in me, that in the midst of ever-changing phenomena there is now certainty of my continuance; in spite of the decay and decline of my physical body, I have deep and sincere conviction of my unbroken continuity and survival after death. This is no small gain for one who has been trained from his childhood to be afraid of a cruel fate which would seek to transport me to hell or heaven according to my good or evil deeds. The Semitic religions have taught me to think of myself more as an embodied, created spirit than as an immutable, eternal, ancient being that is free from birth and death.
Sri Maharshi has made me think and feel in terms of spiritual values. Looking inward within my own self I have begun to identify myself as the spiritual Self and the never changing consciousness. This analytic method which was all His own, has awakened in me the reality of spiritual life.
Sri Maharshi never dogmatised, He never sermonised, never gave any mantra or expected people to follow any set mode of worship. What He did for us we cannot convey in words. HIS INVISIBLE GAZE SILENTLY , UNOBTRUSIVELY TRANSFORMED THE LIVES OF MEN AND WOMEN, WHO, BY VIRTUE OF THEIR PAST GOOD DEEDS, HAD GATHERED ROUND HIM WAITING FOR HIS BENIGN ATTENTION AND PATERNAL GUIDANCE.  All His great work for the improvement and betterment of mankind was done invisibly and silently.   

Dear Devotees,
Yes. Indeed. Gaining certainty of unchanging character of our Real Self and the awareness of the Presence of the Spiritual Heart at the Core of our being, with deep and sincere conviction, in my view also, is certainly no small gain for anyone, whoever he or she may be. Whether we realise it or not, our gathering at His Lotus Feet is the greatest  thing to have happened in our lives which must have come our way due to some past good deeds. For, whether we are aware or not, His Invisible and Silent Gaze is transforming our lives unobtrusively.

Dear devotees, Bhagwan Sri Ramana , who shone as the Self, went beyond our past Masters, by teaching that there is no God apart from the person who sees Him.  THAT THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS NOT AWARE OF HIS OWN BEING, THAT ONE’S OWN BEING IS THE GOD’S BEING; AND THAT BEING IS BOTH THE SELF AND GOD.

Yes. Sri Bhagwan decalared and proclaimed openly the Divine Nature of man when He said that there is no one who has not seen God. God-vision is natural to us. IGNORANCE CONSISTS IN NOT BEING AWARE OF THIS NATURAL EXPEREINCE OF TRUTH.
Dear devotees, wrong knowledge is only the ego, the ‘I am the body idea’. Loss of ego therefore alone means knowing and gaining God. Loss of ego means knowing one’s Real Self, and abiding as the Self is knowing God, and that is God-realisation.

IT IS THE GREATEST ACT OF COMPASSION AND GRACE  OF LORD SRI ARUNACHALA THAT HE EMBODIED AS SADGURU BHAGWAN SRI RAMANA,WHO DEMONSTRATES  TO WHOEVER COMES TO HIM WITH LOVE AND SINCERITY THAT THE SELF-REALISATION WHICH APPEARED RARE AND DIFFICULT BEFORE HIS ADVENT, IS , IN TRUTH, AN EXPEREINCE NATURAL TO ONE AND ALL. He thus showed the door to Eternity.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
To still the incessant movements of the elephant’s trunk the driver gives it a heavy chain to hold. So too, to control the mind’s vagrancy, one should give it the best possible occupation. Else it will take to some undesirable kind of work. The best of all occupations to give to the mind is to engage it in seeking its own Source.  The next best is meditation or japa.
Sri Bhagwan