Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759042 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2865 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“Indeed, the Self cannot be known or experienced objectively, which our mind is all along trying to do. It is not at all the object of perception. It is what makes perception possible. And so true, we are looking on everything from body-mind point, and thats why all differences between inside, out, in, outside, far or near, exist in the first place. Everything there is is in Self only, and there is nothing but the Self. If I am observer only, the witness, there is no independent entity to own the body, or any shape at all, then where is the place for multiplicity. And if there is no many, only some apparent functioning of energy, which again brings the thouch of I Am, then where is the place for witnessing too. I guess that is ment with beyond consciousness. Only the Self, and there is nothing to witness too. It is the state free of objects, free of any state at all. Coz in the truth, consciousness cannot go beyond consciousness. Well, i mean on this consciousness, thouch of Beingness itself. For moment, i feel these are only empty words.

Thats why we indeed need to Abide in the Self, coz we verily are the Self, Grace and Love.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Your understanding of both Sri Bhagwan’s as well as Sri Maharaj’s Teaching is impeccable. And at times I felt after reading your posts that your insights into the Direct Teaching are highly intuitive and therefore truly graced.  Yes, we indeed need to abide in the Self as the Self and then only we know (and not only keep thinking) that we verily are the Self, Grace and Love, as you so beautifully described. You quoted following lines from Sri Maharaj’s Teaching yesterday in you thread:

“Focus your attention only on that consciousness ‘I am’. Don’t be led astray by all the so-called spiritual disciplines and rigmaroles.”

Dear Sri Jewell, this is exactly what we need to do. That is our only duty. Sri Bhagwan has assured that the rest is accomplished by His Grace alone. Therefore, all we need to do is to practice ‘to be still’ with the remembrance of the feeling ‘I’ or ‘I am’ as Sri Maharaj has taught. Sri Bhagwan meant the same when He taught that it is sufficient to cling to the feeling ‘I’ or the consciousness or the knowledge ‘I am’ uninterruptedly till the very end. Sri Bhagwan taught that holding on to the primary datum of all our experiences is what is meant by Self-attention.

Dear friend, Sri Jewell, this is the only direct and infallible Path to do away with, for once and all, the idea of individuality or the person, and with it the idea of doership and all the rest of ideas whatever. Before that, everything is a conjecture, speculation and therefore conceptual. This will end when we know through the direct experience that we are That. “FOCUS ATTENTION ON THE CONSCIOUSNESS I AM” IS THE KEY. Only then we know that there is no mind. Absence of the mind in the deep sleep make us have a deep and happy sleep. Mind should also be dead in the waking state to realise that we are That, Existence, Consciousness, and Bliss.

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell,
Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Peace is our natural state. But the Peace ineffable can reign only if there is no disturbance. A peaceful society means that there is no conflict there. So, peace is the absence of disturbance. Disturbance is due to thoughts that arise in the mind. When there is less thought, one experiences peace.  And when the mind itself is absent, there is perfect peace. So, unless we annihilate the mind as we know it, we cannot gain the perfect peace of the Self and be eternally happy. So, it is the mind and mind alone that obstructs our natural state, the Jnana Swarupa. Peace of mind means absence of perturbation owing to all kinds of thoughts.

Many  devotees complained to Sri Bhagwan that they practice Self-enquiry but didn’t experience peace. Sri Bhagwan replied that if one practiced Self-enquiry, yet didn’t experience peace, THAT ONLY MEANT THAT ONE’S SELF-ENQUIRY HAS BEEN ONLY IN THE MIND.  Therefore, one needed to push further within and reach the source of the mind. Mind will disappear.  Stillness and peace reign and that is the Realisation.

See how beautifully Sri Bhagwan Himself sums it up:

Sri Bhagwan : To bring about peace means to be free from thoughts and so abide in pure consciousness. If one remains at peace oneself , there is peace everywhere. Peace is always present. Get rid of the disturbance to peace. The peace is the Self. The thoughts are the disturbance. When free from them you are infinite intelligence, that is, the Self. There is perfection and peace. Perfect peace is the Self.

“The state of non-emergence of ‘I’
Is the state of our being That.
Without questing for that state of the
Non-emergence of ‘I’ and attaining it,
How can one accomplish one’s own extinction,
Whereafter ‘I’ revives not?

And, dear devotees, if one’s own extinction has not been accomplished, how will the Knowledge be intuited:

That which is bliss is verily the Self, the Atma-swarupa.
That bliss and the Self are one and identical.
That alone is real.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 30, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
Dear Anil,

Nice. Most of us are only doing 'mind inquiry', not Self Enquiry. Seeking source of the mind/ego is the central theme of Self Inquiry
and not merely keeping on asking Who am I?, Who am I?.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“Most of us are only doing 'mind inquiry', not Self Enquiry. Seeking source of the mind/ego is the central theme of Self Inquiry
and not merely keeping on asking Who am I?, Who am I?”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

The source of everything is the Self. So, Sri Bhagwan taught to merge the mind, which is the basis of all objective knowledge, in the Self through Self-enquiry.

Sri Bhagwan says that holding the mind and investigating it is advised for a beginner on the path of Self-enquiry. Mind is after all a projection of the Self. Hence,
“See for whom it appears and from where it rises. The ‘I’-thought will be found to be the root cause. Go deeper. The ‘I’-thought disappears and there is an infinitely expanded ‘I’-Consciousness.”

So, if one sees to whom the bundle of thoughts, that is, the mind, appears, the ‘I’-thought is found to be the root cause. Holding it and investigating it is advised for one who has just begun on the path of Enquiry so that one is off the mental movement or the thought waves. And then as one begins to cling to the Self, begins the real Self-enquiry for really it consists in retaining the mind in the Self.

Dear sir, that is why the Self-enquiry is much more than mere mental repetition of a mantra. Sri Bhagwan has said that if the Enquiry ‘Who am I?’ is a mere mental questioning, it would not be of much value. The purpose of the Self-enquiry therefore is to focus the entire mind at its source and thus it involves an intense activity of the entire mind to keep it steadily poised in Pure Self-Awareness.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: January 31, 2013, 05:03:39 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Apa B. Pant came to Sri Ramanasramam with the well known devotee, Sri Maurice Frydman, and spent a couple of nights in the Ashram. He reminisces thus:

There was some kind of festival and the Hall was where Sri Bhagwan used to give His darshan was overflowing. We just could not even get in. We found a seat in a corner and fell silent. In a minute or two, I felt that there was radiance alight that was filling the whole Hall. It was quiet, so still and yet there was plenty of movement and whispering and mumbling all around. It was as if the conflicts in the mind and its operations were being seen in a totally different perspective. The impression was so indelible.
In the evening we had Prasad with Sri Bhagwan. We all sat on the ground and ate the same food. Sri Bhagwn was completely still and quiet; no conversation whatsoever. I had just returned from England and this was a bit strange for me as I was anxious to engage in some kind of argument and conversation. I had done a course of philosophy and thought I knew many of the answers to the eternal questions. I wanted to put these before Sri Bhagwan. But somehow in His Presence, I did not feel like opening my mouth.
At night, as it was hot, we slept in the open. I was sure I could not sleep at all. There was so much of turmoil and noise all around us in the Ashram. People were arguing, even shouting at each other. There was running and banging of doors. The whole night it was impossible to sleep. I did not know that in an Ashram like this people would be allowed to speak so loud at night.
In the morning I spoke to Sri Maurice Frydman about the noise. He said, “what noise?” There was no noise whatsoever; everything was very peaceful. There was nobody who was speaking or arguing.” “In any case”, he said, “this is not allowed after O o’clock, as everybody goes to sleep or meditates!”
I was stunned! I was sure I had not slept a wink and here was Maurice saying that nobody had opened his mouth! Then, it dawned on me. Sri Bhagwan had given me a message. HE HAD SPOKEN WITHOUT SPEAKING THAT THE MIND CREATES AND IS CHATTERING AND ARGUING ILLUSIONS AND THAT UNLESS ONE GOES BEYOND THIS TURMOIL THERE CAN BE NO LIVING IN TRUTH OR LIBERATION. HE HAD GIVEN ME IN A FLASH THE MESSAGE THAT “AWARENBESS IS ALL”.         
Source: Flagrant Petals

Dear devotees, how unbelievable Sri Pant’s experience appears? Such is the power of the mind!  The mind in itself can make a heaven of hell and hell of heaven and is its own place, sang the Great English Poet, Sri Milton. It has the power to create turmoil in a place serene, as Sri Pant experienced even in an august and holy place like Sri Ramanasramam. Why? Wondrous power called mind creates the whole universe along with its creatures and all its turmoil in the Spotless Self which is Existence, Consciousness and Bliss Itself.

Therefore, the world is not external. We are not aware of the world and its suffering and turmoil in our sleep. It follows that what is called mind is nothing but thought. When the world disappears, that is, when there is no thought, the mind experiences bliss, and when there is the thought the world appears and it experiences misery. Does it not?  Suffering and turmoil et al are therefore delusion.
Sri Bhagwan taught therefore that there is only one way to escape from the miseries and turmoil of the world and that consists in not losing sight of one’s Self under any circumstances. HE TAUGHT THAT TO ENQUIRE ‘WHO AM I?” IS THE ONLY REMEDY FOR ALL THE ILLS OF THE WORLD. FOR, SUFFERING WILL CEASE ONLY WHEN INDIVIDUALITY IS LOST. FOR , OUR OWN REALITY SHINES VERILY WITHIN AS THE HEART WHICH ITSELF IS THE OCEAN OF UNALLOYED BLISS. “ENQUIRY AND BEING WHAT WE ARE” is the greatest teaching ever revealed.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: January 31, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
     HE HAD SPOKEN WITHOUT SPEAKING THAT THE MIND CREATES AND IS CHATTERING AND ARGUING ILLUSIONS AND THAT UNLESS ONE GOES BEYOND THIS TURMOIL THERE CAN BE NO LIVING IN TRUTH OR LIBERATION. HE HAD GIVEN ME IN A FLASH THE MESSAGE THAT “AWARENBESS IS ALL”.     

Dear Sri Anil,

How wonderful post! And this words are so beautifuly expressing the power of the ming,the power of projection itself. And strongest power lies ecsactly in its possability to make ' us' believe it is true. That is the problem of primary illusion. From where all this strugle and attempts to free ourselfs begins. It is the same mind-body problem,the problem of this,indeed,persistent and unoying entity.
I was just thinking about it last night,that what we are trying to do all along,is only release from pain,but in the same time,attemp to continue,happily. It never really wanted its extinction,only happy continuing. And how could ego want its death!? Why would it,when it is based on the need to Be and Exist.

And,truly,where is the sufering then,who suffers,who wants release? Who is searching Freedom? Freedom from what? It is catched in its own net,making its strings more and more,strongest and strongest,and in the same time wants to be out of it. What paradox! What funny game. The spider wants to be out of its net,and in the attempt to run away,it is making and leaving behing new strings,which are verily the part of the spider. Even attempt to run is a new string. And to be more funny,the spider is only picture on the screen...

It is indeed Wonderful Teaching,Bhagavan's Silent talk.

Thank You so much,dear friend Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »
Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes, the projecting power of the mind (Rajas aspect) is of the nature of activity from which arise the mental modifications that lead to egoism, desires, sorrows, lust, anger, pride, hatred, etc. It creates outward or the worldly tendencies. But it is the veiling power of the mind that makes the things appear other than what they are. However, the veiling power cannot obscure the Existence aspect (Substratum) of the Reality, though it obscures the Consciousness and Bliss. Therefore, this veiling  power hides our real nature, but not in entirety,  FOR WE KNOW WE ARE.  Only we do not know who we are. We see the world but not see that It is only the Self or Brahman. It is therefore knowledge in ignorance.

We are the Self but we are ignorant of our blissful nature. Ignorance supervenes and draws a veil over the Pure Bliss. Spiritual practice is directed only towards removing the ignorance and this ignorance is only the wrong knowledge. The wrong knowledge consists in false identification of the Self with the body and the mind. This false identity must go away by enquiry into the self, and there is the Self.

Dear Sri Jewell, ignorance pertains to the ego.  To the ignorant the ‘I’ is the real self, limited to the body. So, Sri Bhagwan taught to look for it, this individual ‘I’ is not to be found on enquiry, because it is not real.  WE MUST REMEMBER THAT IGNORANCE IS NOT OBJECTIVE THAT IT COULD BE GOT RID OF IN ANY OTHER WAY. If the Real Nature is known by Enquiry, these exist not.  Sri Bhagwan has taught that to know that there never was ignorance is the goal of all the spiritual teachings and practices. Ignorance must be of one who is aware. Awareness is wisdom . Wisdom is eternal and natural. And now we come to your next observation : “From where do all the struggle and attempts to free ourselves begin? Our Real Self, whose nature is bliss, is eternal and natural. Ignorance is unnatural and unreal. Happiness is our Real Nature and not pains and miseries. As good health is our nature and not sickness, when we fall sick, we yearn for good health and desire to get rid of bodily elements. Similarly, we always yearn to be happy, free from taint of sorrow, happiness is our true nature and desires to be happy. We cherish love for ourselves because love is our real nature. Yet, due to ignorance of the real nature, of our own being, we flounder in the vast ocean of material existence, forsaking the right path that alone leads to true happiness and act under the mistaken belief that the way to be happy consists in obtaining pleasure of this material, false world. BUT ALAS, THAT HAPPINESS WHICH HAS NOT THE TAINT OF SORROW IS NOT REALISED. In our perennial search for happiness, we, somewhere, begin to suspect that happiness is something that belongs to our own inner nature. We listen to Wise Ones who teach that happiness is our true nature as Sri Bhagwan not only pointed out but revealed the Straight Path to Happiness which is our inherent nature. And thus begins the search for discovering our real being and the Self which alone is eternal Happiness, Bliss and Love.

My dear Sri Jewell, you yourself has concluded your post beautifully:

“It is indeed Wonderful Teaching, Bhagavan's Silent talk.”

THIS IGNORANCE WHICH CANNOT BE DESTROYED BY ANY OTHER ACT IS COMPLETELY DESTROYED BY THE INTENSE ACTIVITY WHICH IS CALLED SILENCE.

Thanks very much, my dear friend Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 02, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
       , ignorance pertains to the ego.  To the ignorant the ‘I’ is the real self, limited to the body. So, Sri Bhagwan taught to look for it, this individual ‘I’ is not to be found on enquiry, because it is not real.  WE MUST REMEMBER THAT IGNORANCE IS NOT OBJECTIVE THAT IT COULD BE GOT RID OF IN ANY OTHER WAY. 

Dear Sri Anil,

Yes,very true. Ignorance belongs to the ego only,and enquiring we come to see that ego,or individual I dont exist. Like You said,it is not objective. Thats why Bhagavan prescribed Self Abindance. It is direct way to realise that individuality is non existent in Reality,so indeed,we dont need to accomplish something,or to get rid of anything. Seeing its unreality,and that All what Is is only the Self. It is truly only the concept,this so called person. And ignorance IS the person. Then,if we realise that person could not be real,having realised body and mind as unreal,where is the question of ignorance then?!

Thank You,dear friend,Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 03, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“Ignorance belongs to the ego only, and enquiring we come to see that ego, or individual I dont exist. Like You said, it is not objective. Thats why Bhagavan prescribed Self Abidance. It is direct way to realise that individuality is nonexistent in Reality, so Indeed, we don’t need to accomplish something, or to get rid of anything. Seeing its unreality, and that All what Is only the Self. It is truly only the concept, this so called person. And ignorance IS the person. Then, if we realise that person could not be real, having realised body and mind as unreal, where is the question of ignorance then?”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes. Exactly. Certainly. This, in my view, is the essence of the Teaching of the Straight and Direct Path.  Ignorance pertains to the ego. It is ignorance or forgetfulness of the Self. But we are not the ego, we are the Self. The Self, which Itself is Knowledge and the only Reality, shines with nothing else to know or to make known or to be known by anything else, and It is ever realised and never non-realised. Knowing diversity is false knowledge. BUT, AGAIN, THIS FALSE KNOWLEDGE, WHICH IS IGNORANCE, DOES NOT EXIST APART FROM THE SELF. It is for this reason that Sri Bhagwan taught that the ignorance is not objective and therefore cannot be tackled objectively on its own.  IT IS FOR THIS REASON THAT SRI BHAGWAN TAUGHT THAT SUBJECTIVE AWARENESS AND ABIDANCE THEREIN ALONE CAN END THE ILLUSION CALLED EGO-MIND.  So, you said it beautifully:  “enquiring we come to see that ego, or individual I dont exist. Like You have said, it is not objective.”  For, Sri Bhagwan taught without ambiguity that the Self-enquiry alone can reveal the truth that neither the ego nor the mind really exists and enable us to realise the pure undifferentiated being of the Self or the Absolute. It alone can reveal that there never was ignorance.  Sri Bhagwan said unequivocally on several occasions that there is no adequate and infallible method or spiritual discipline or adequate means other than the Self-enquiry to destroy the ego and the mind in the manner that they do not raise their ugly head again. 

Therefore, certainly it is true that that there is really nothing like ignorance and all of us are of the nature of Wisdom. Dispelling of this ignorance by Enquiry is Wisdom which always exists.  BUT DISPEL WE MUST.
My dear, Sri Jewell, so yes, the ego or the individual called the person is a myth, a concept and is the name of ignorance. Seeing its unreality and knowing who we are, this reflected, false person or individual takes to flight, and all what IS, is the Self.  This supervening of ignorance and drawing a veil over the Self and the Bliss of the Self, cannot happen in the absence of the ego-mind. Hence, the ego-mind must subside or merge or take to flight, by the Grace of the Guru and the practice taught by Him, for the Self to shine forth.  This is the meaning of Sri Bhagwan’s sacred saying: ‘I’ casts off the illusion of ‘I’ and yet remains as ‘I’. Since there are not two selves, there is no paradox in it. True ‘I’ is unbroken, all pervading, abiding and effulgent Existence, Consciousness, the Self, ‘I-I’, whereas the illusory ‘I’ is reflected, broken, rising and setting with every thought, fleeting, unreal and therefore has no real being at all.  Such a shadowy ‘I’ cannot stand the intense searchlight of the Enquiry and the laser-like two edged sword of the supremely beneficial Vichara which is capable of cutting the densest darkness called illusion and ignorance caused by non-existent ego-mind.

Thanks very much, dear friend, Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 03, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
Dear Anil,

Nice post. It is an straight path and an easy path. But easy only for those who are capable of turning the mind inwards,
without being attracted by the externals of world, and objects and people. Cohen says it is like climbing the Arunachala Hill
straight. The challenges are many.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:44 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“It is an straight path and an easy path. But easy only for those who are capable of turning the mind inwards,
without being attracted by the externals of world, and objects and people. Cohen says it is like climbing the Arunachala Hill
straight. The challenges are many.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

I have always felt, like many other old and great devotees of Sri Bhagwan, such as Sri Annamalai Swami, that anyone who felt attracted to the Direct and Straight Path of Self-enquiry, should follow it, and take up the final question from the very beginning. For, in my view, the very attraction to this Supreme Path is the sure sign of the manifestation of His Grace. If one comes to His feet, and takes up Self-enquiry, there is no doubt that ONE IS PROMPTED TO DO SO BY THE SELF.  When even our remembrance is the forerunner of Grace, then certainly, feeling attraction for the Direct Path is the response and the stimulus, and that is the Self and that is the Grace.
INTROVERSION IS DUE TO GRACE: perseverance is grace, Realisation is Grace.

All outward attraction of the externals of the world, objects and people is due to the wrong identification of the form ‘I am the body’.  If one attends to the centre of oneself with the entire mind to know ‘Who am I?’, the imagined, illusory identification is bound to vanish. Restraining the mind from going outside and fixing it in its Source, the Self, so that the ‘I’-thought does not rise again, is the practice of Self-enquiry, as taught by Sri Bhagwan. If one adheres to the practice steadfastly and with perseverance, mind gains strength and becomes razor-sharp and alert, and thus one achieves concentration and one-pointedness.
Therefore, one following Enquiry whole-heartedly need not engage in auxiliary practices to achieve concentration and one-pointedness.

Ji. Yes, challenges are many in this Path as in any other path. No path is without challenges and difficulties. But as Sri Muruganar sang, those who take to the pure Path of Self-enquiry are never derailed because, like the sun, this supremely direct path itself reveals to them its own UNCHALLENGEABLE CLARITY AND UNIQUENESS. Sri Muruganar has compared this supremely beneficial path to the sun in which the Self is the sun and the Self-enquiry to be its ray. Therefore, those following the Direct Path do not have the danger of swerving from the Path, unlike in the other paths, BECAUSE THE SELF, INFINITELY MORE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN, IS ALWAYS THERE BECKONING INWARD, INWARD, AND ONLY INWARD.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
         If one adheres to the practice steadfastly and with perseverance, mind gains strength and becomes razor-sharp and alert, and thus one achieves concentration and one-pointedness

Dear Sri Anil,

I agree with this completely,with all what You have said in this post. True,practicing self enquiry mind gathers all strenght it needs,even if before that it was impossible for the mind to fokus on anything so one-pinteednessly. There is no mind which is in begining of any spiritual sadhana free of attractions of outside world. But,only in attempts to Abide in the Self,mind gets subdued with time. Even,for me Self enquiry is most easyest practice of all. We only need to hold on to I Am,and everybody knows he is. For me,possability that we can avoid all other tireing practices and rituals,was overwellming indeed. They are much harder then self enquiry. And what i saw is,that it doasnt matter if we do it right or not,all what counts is our very intention and motive. Only that. I,myself,was doing enquiry in the begining totaly wrongly,that when i think about it,it looks soooo funny. But i see now clearly,that was not important,with sinsere and enormous wish to do it anyway,Grace help You,and guide you all the way.
I strongly believe that there is no person who cannot do self inquiry. Who doasnt know that he exist?! Holding on that very presence of ones being is needed only. And we always feel and know that presence. When we eat,when we walk,no matter which activity we do,suporting all that is our presence. We see everything we do,we are aware. That awareness is what counts. Only to be completely aware of everything. Sure we wont be always,but constant coming back to it is what is important,whe ever we realise that we were unaware. To be always awake. nd it is not even important if we do it good or not,sooner or later,it will become easier. And how much this mettod gives you,is magnificent. It saves us from all other efforts,and it clears our path so beautifuly. Not to talk about that how much less time it takes. Well,so far,i have only best impression of Direct path.

And it is not important if mind is not obedient and all. Sure is not,but at least when we wake up,and before we fall a sleep we can do it. For 10 minutes only,if not more. It is enough. Mind will anyway do its buisness,so let it,with time it will lose its grip. For everythinf,even japa,which anyway goes hand in hand with this practice,is not easy,nit easy at all. So if we make effort,why should we not take shortest way then. Even if it hard,at least we are sure of results. That is Bhagavan promice to us. That is my heart feelings about it.

And You,dear Sri Anil,said it all so beautifuly. I would not change apsolutely nothing.

Thank You so much,my dear friend,Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:05:06 PM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:13 AM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“True, practicing self enquiry mind gathers all strength it needs, even if before that it was impossible for the mind to focus on anything so one-pointedly. There is no mind which is in beginning of any spiritual sadhana free of attractions of outside world. But, only in attempts to Abide in the Self, mind gets subdued with time. Even, for me Self enquiry is most easiest practice of all. We only need to hold on to I Am, and everybody knows he is. For me, possibility that we can avoid all other tiring practices and rituals, was overwhelming indeed. They are much harder then self enquiry. And what i saw is, that it doasnt  matter if we do it right or not, all what counts is our very intention and motive. Only that. I, myself, was doing enquiry in the beginning totally wrongly, that when i think about it, it looks soooo funny. But i see now clearly, that was not important, with sincere and enormous wish to do it anyway, Grace help You, and guide you all the way.
I strongly believe that there is no person who cannot do self inquiry. Who doasnt know that he exist?! Holding on that very presence of ones being is needed only. And we always feel and know that presence. When we eat, when we walk, no matter which activity we do, supporting all that is our presence. We see everything we do, we are aware. That awareness is what counts. Only to be completely aware of everything. Sure we wont be always, but constant coming back to it is what is important, whenever we realise that we were unaware. To be always awake. no it is not even important if we do it good or not, sooner or later, it will become easier. And how much this method gives you, is magnificent. It saves us from all other efforts, and it clears our path so beautifully. Not to talk about that how much less time it takes. Well, so far, i have only best impression of Direct path.

And it is not important if mind is not obedient and all. Sure is not, but at least when we wake up,and before we fall a sleep we can do it. For 10 minutes only, if not more. It is enough. Mind will anyway do its business, so let it, with time it will lose its grip. For everything, even japa, which anyway goes hand in hand with this practice, is not easy, not easy at all. So if we make effort, why should we not take shortest way then. Even if it hard, at least we are sure of results. That is Bhagavan promise to us. That is my heart feelings about it.

And You, dear Sri Anil, said it all so beautifully. I would not change absolutely nothing.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

I am sorry for my belated response to your extraordinary and superb post. I returned late last night to rest and solitude from time-consuming official engagement. And this state of affairs is likely to continue for at least time-being. But I wish to convey to you that when I saw your above post, I was wonder-struck. When heart speaks, it stirs, inspires and is infectious. It is so simple yet so profound.
My dear, dear, friend, your post contains almost everything that I myself have cherished, practiced, felt and experienced, as many who have followed this thread would agree. Your profound expression strikes a deep chord and appears to me to be the echo of my own heart.

Dear friend, SRI BHAGWAN HIMSELF SAID ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THAT WHATEVER THE PREVIOUS DEVELOPMENT OF A SEEKER, VICHARA QUICKENS IT. Yes, there is no one who is not aware of his existence, for one cannot deny that he is, and there is therefore no one who is not fit for taking to Self-enquiry straightaway. Only one prerequisite, that I know from my own understanding and experience, is that one should feel attracted to this supremely Direct Path and inspired enough to seek the truth of one’s own existence. That is the response, that is the stimuli, that is the Self, and that, in my view, is the manifestation of the supreme Grace. Introversion and Realisation are due to Guru’s Grace. So, our duty is only to ‘be’, abidance in the primary datum of all our experiences ’I am’, as you so beautifully mentioned in your above and previous posts. This itself is capable of obliterating all the predispositions and past impressions as one gradually progresses to the state of effortless abidance and CHOICELESS AWARENESS.

Yes, dear friend, Self-enquiry has been the easiest practice of all for me as well, for His Grace showed me the Path and enabled me to get launched on the final question ‘Who am I?’ from the very beginning. Yes, as you said so beautifully and significantly that in the beginning it does not matter whether one is doing it right or wrong, and what counts is the sincerity and love for the Guru and His Teaching. For then the Self-enquiry is its own Guru guiding one along, taking one on an inner voyage, with its own extraordinary uniqueness and clarity, like the ever constant pole-star.       

My dear friend, Sri Jewell, your post is such a deep and true reflection that  I do not wish to say anything over and above what you have said, at least for now. No, I would not and cannot change anything, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Dear friend, I wish to respond to Sri William Wordsworth’s profound and wonderful poem ‘And What Are Things Eternal?’, which you posted day before yesterday, whenever I get free and am able to contemplate on the poem.

Thank you so much, my dear friend.
Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 07, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
During my three day stay in the neighbourhood of the Divine Master, my whole outlook changed entirely, even to the extent of my inability to recognise my old self, trammelled in preconceptions and prejudices. My mind swiftly underwent a change and its very texture became different from what had been. The colour of the world changed for me and the LIGHT OF THE DAY TOOK ON AN ETHEREAL ASPECT. I saw the foolishness and futility of turning my gaze only on the dark side of life.

The divine magician had opened up before me a strange new world of illumination, hope and joy. The very fact of His presence on earth was enough proof and promise for suffering, wounded humanity, steeped in obstinate ignorance. For the first time ever, I understood the significance of ‘darshan’.
Sri Chaganlal V. Yogi, Fragrant Petals

Dear Devotees,

Darshan causes awakening from within and transforms the morbid state of living, steeped in deep seated preconceptions and prejudices, in a trice, into a strange, new world of illumination and awareness.  This is the harbinger of the dawn and ensuing bliss. That Darshan need not be necessarily always physical contact with the Divine Master as many devotees of Sri Bhagwan even now  came to Him, overwhelmed by experiencing His Presence, transcending time and space. They need not be taught the significance of darshan as they are, for sure, aware.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan's Silence and His gaze melted the minds of the devotees and made them in to pure sattva thus enabling the mind
to do self inquiry. Many devotees gave written about  Sri Bhagavan's gaze. It pierces the mind, removes all the dirt and makes it
ready for the self inquiry, There was no need even to ask questions. Wolter Kier and a few others were transformed by His mere gaze
steadily upon them.  This is true darshan, of a Self Realized Janani. His Presence is available even now, though He has shed His mortal
coil. We are all the Self. But there is a dark soot around the mind, preventing it from looking inward within. Sri Bhagavan by one steady
gaze removed the dirt of the chimney (ie. the dirt of the mind) and enabled it to look within. This is the wonder of Sri Bhagavan.
And that is why people came from Western countries to avail of this immense benefit.

Arunachala Siva.