Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758292 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2835 on: January 17, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,dear cefnbirtdir,dear Sri Nagaraj,

True,we need to employ the intellect and mind,but only to know what we are not,and only to see so obvious contrdiction of it,and in it. Everything really looks like paradox,but how can it not look like that when the mind and the one who is in search for himself are paradox itself. Vasanas are the obstacles,but then,the question arise,for whom are these obstacles. Who ownes vasanas,and who wants to get rid of them. Coz now thought occured to me that we like individuals are trying to get rid of our selves. Thats why it is circle without end.

And it is said that all is illusion only,projection. Infact,it seems that projection itself is the illusion. That there is no such thing like projection at all. It is I am which came and with it all else. So that I am must be false,if Supreme is beyond being and not being.

I find words of Sri Nagaraj about knowledge to be completely true. Coz we indeed cannot posibly know,and all conclusion we get is next moment gone with the wind. Coz every conclusion is false,based on illusion itself.
Sure it cannot be cognized,who would be there to see it and understand it. And again, all this is again false,i feel that what ever i say or think will never be the truth,and that in the end there is no such thing like truth at all,like there is nothing to be false either. I keep thinking on words of the Wise Ones that we need to realise the truth,and i realised that is a lie too. What can I,imagined entity,Jewell posibly realize? Only my non existence,which again i cannot call realisation at all. If this indentity is false,and this perception too,and,most important,if I Am is birth,and birth doasnt exist,then this search belongs to all that too. Illusion.

So,the question arise what to do. Sure,mind would want always to do something. What can i do!?? Nothing. And i am again in field of ignorance,with any answer i get. This whole existence is ignorance only.

I was writing the way thoughts came,so i am sorry if its sounds confusing.
Coz it really is. :D

What to do then,just Be,coz our Sadguru said so.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:16:48 AM by Jewell »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithdir:
But we are not practising (exclusively) atma vichara all the time. We are also devotees of Bhagavan and when we look on his wonderful face or read his wonderful words, however much grace and help we receive from this, we are not fully immersed in atma vichara. Or am I mistaken ?

However the more abiding we are in the Self, in the Swarupa, the more we know him. The more we surr
ender to him, the more we experience his grace.

Bhagavan is both with form and formless and his grace is bringing us to the One Self.”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

Yes, the beautiful manner in which you have expressed your insights is the ample testimony, if required any at all, that you have been drawn by His Grace and that you have grasped intuitively the essence of the Teaching of the Sadguru. 

Quote:
“But I would like to ask you and Sri Subramanian Sir or indeed others about the form of our Self, our Atma Swarupa. Because if/when we are fully one with Bhagavan we will also, in this life, have a form and it won't be Bhagavan's. Equally other jnanis have different forms from each other though they are all jnanis. Other sadguru's the same. And in the same way that there is nothing to attain and "Nothing ever happened" it seems that these forms must be changelessly there waiting for us to realise them ? It makes me think there must now be within us our perfect form which w
e will step into with Bhagavan's grace. And it must be there already.

When we are devotees we are never alone because we have Bhagavan with us but do we not also have our own Atma Swarupa in the form we are meant to "inhabit" with us as well ? Are we not doubly not alone ? Atma Vichara will be the way for us to be one with Bhagavan and ourselves. But in the meantime will not our own Atma Swarupa (with a form) be part of our Guru within ?

“Dear Sri cefnbrithir, your doubt above has been addressed beautifully and succinctly  by Sri Subramanian Sir, as quoted below:

Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:                                                                                                                                                               
“Atma has no form. Atma is One. The Atma within you and within me and within everyone is the one Atma. The phrase Atma Swarupam
is more a practical term for Atma which has no Swarupam.

Merging in Bhagavan means what? Merging in the Light called Bhagavan. The effulgence of the Heart, is the nature and grace of Sri
Bhagavan. Merging in that Light is like a pot of milk being mixed with another pot of milk. Both had individual identity, as milk in
Pot A and milk in Pot B. After merger, it is all the same. That is, merger with Bhagavan or God or the Self.”

Yes, Self is One and That is the Atma-Swarupa. The rupam or the form of the Atma or the Self is ‘Swa’, that is, Itself, and therefore, must be formless. You have said it very beautifully that the Atma-vichra is the way to be one with Sri Bhagwan and ourselves, that is the Guru within who is Atma-Swarupam. But why say that our Atma-Swarupa will be part of our Guru within? Nay. In that state of ‘Pure Being’, our Atma-Swarupa is One with the Guru’s who in truth is God or the Inner Self.   

“ I think it is natural that our still thinking mind tries to understand what has happened and we may form conceptual insights. But I know that conceptual insights can go astray and that is why they should sometimes be tested. Maybe I should simply have more faith in them.

One's own conceptual insights ( if correct) - as well as the whole philosophy of Vedanta - can particularly come to our assistance when things are not so easy- indeed when sadhana is a struggle. Though this period of difficulty may in the first place be because we are in an intellectual place in our minds. Another insight !!

I, like you, know the ultimate importance of Bhagavan's vichara teaching. And ultimately everything can be referred back to this - I believe his devotees called it his "bazooka" reply (?).”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, Sri Bhagwan taught that the Enquiry into the Self should not be stalled by forming some concepts of the Reality, for any such conceptual insights, as you say, will only be mental. Whose concepts? Rise of any thought, any concept, etc., is the indication of wavering from the attention to the Self which in fact is Self-abidance.  So, if that happens, remember who you are, and come back to yourself, as Sri Bhagwan taught.

“My previous post was about realising something about my swarupa - which of course is not jiva/me. Your quote from Bhagavan I understand to be confirming this because he talks about "your swarupa" not in some absolute formless way. This does not contradict what Sri Subramanian Sir has said about jugs of milk but with the greatest respect I don't think it addresses what I was trying to say.

When I was talking about "form" I meant that in this life - though we must not be confused by form we still have one. Bhagavan had a form - there is his picture at the top of this page. It is for us a window into Reality. Of course he is infinitely more than his form but he still had a form.

It struck me that my swarupa is changeless - it is there now - and it must have a form now. My form ! Yet this is not me because I am still a jiva who needs to do more vichara !

This may all be banal. But the insight for me is useful. My swarupa is so close. That as well as having Bhagavan, I am not alone.”

Dear cefnbrithdir, you have, in my view, understood it right. But the form you perceive in this life or that life is a superimposition on the changeless Atma-swarupa. Yes, so long as I have the form ‘I am the body’ , Sri Bhagwan who is the Inner Guru and the the Self, also appears to have a form or the body. But, yes, as you progress in Vichara, and reaches the Heart where the mind is merged, one finds that neither one nor the Guru has any form and that One is One with the Guru, that is, the Self  or the Changeless Atma-swarupa as you said.

Thanks very much,
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“Everything really looks like paradox,but how can it not look like that when the mind and the one who is in search for himself are paradox itself. Vasanas are the obstacles,but then,the question arise,for whom are these obstacles. Who ownes vasanas,and who wants to get rid of them. Coz now thought occured to me that we like individuals are trying to get rid of our selves. Thats why it is circle without end.

And it is said that all is illusion only,projection. Infact,it seems that projection itself is the illusion. That there is no such thing like projection at all. It is I am which came and with it all else. So that I am must be false,if Supreme is beyond being and not being.”

Sure it cannot be cognized,who would be there to see it and understand it. And again, all this is again false,i feel that what ever i say or think will never be the truth,and that in the end there is no such thing like truth at all,like there is nothing to be false either. I keep thinking on words of the Wise Ones that we need to realise the truth,and i realised that is a lie too. What can I,imagined entity,Jewell posibly realize? Only my non existence,which again i cannot call realisation at all. If this indentity is false,and this perception too,and,most important,if I Am is birth,and birth doasnt exist,then this search belongs to all that too. Illusion.

What to do then,just Be,coz our Sadguru said so.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Projection and reflection are all mere phenomena and therefore illusory. The Self, that we are, is the only Reality or Existence. But habits of the mind (vasanas) obstruct or hinder the realisation of the Self and make us believe that we are finite beings. Sri Bhagwan taught that the right way to overcome the habits of the mind (vasanas) is by ‘realising the Self’. So, on the one hand mental habits obstruct the realisation of the Self, and on the other by realising the Self only mental habits can be overcome. This appears to be arguing in a circle.   But again Sri Bhagwan says that is the ego which raises such difficulties, CREATING OBSTACLES, and then suffers from APPARENT PARADOXES.

So, yes, the ego-self is not, non-existent, and is therefore illusory. And this ignorance, this bondage, all the troubles and pleasures, these apparent paradoxes are for the ego which is not, and are therefore all imagined.

Our duty is just to be or to be still and not to be this or that. But our delusion of being finite being, that is, the ego of the form I am the body, causes us to be this and that. All this is due to repeated mental habits (vasanas). Sri Bhagwan says that the light of the Self falls on the vasanas and produces the phenomenon of reflection called mind; and if the mind become introverted through Enquiry, mental habits or the vasanas become extinct. WHEN VASANAS BECOME EXTINCT, THE MIND ALSO DISAPPEARS.  Ego-mind gone, there is neither seer nor the seen, neither the cogniser nor the cognised. Then only we can understand that we are ever realised and never non-realised.

Dear Sri Jewell, it is for the above reason that Sri Bhagwan taught to seek the source of the ego-mind or the ‘I’-thought,  that is all we have to do, for then the false ‘I’ will disappear and with it will disappear the whole universe for it exists on account of the ‘I’-thought. So, the Self-enquiry is not mere mental questioning but the purpose of the ‘Who am I?’ enquiry is to focus the entire mind at its source. This is attending to the Self, or the Self-abidance which is to keep the entire mind steadily poised in pure Self-awareness.  Sri Bhagwan taught that by repeatedly practicing thus, the mind becomes extremely pure due to removal of its defects and the practice will become so easy that the purified mind will plunge in the Heart as soon as the Enquiry is commenced. The power of the mind to abide in the Self thus increases.

Dear Sri Jewell, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj’s Teaching is similar if not exactly the same as Sri Bhagwan’s. FOR SRI BHAGWAN AS WELL AS SRI MAHARAJ TAUGHT TO HOLD THE PRIMARY DATUM OF OUR EXPEREINCE which is the door to our Atma-Swarupa, the Real Self.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »

Dear Sri Jewell and Sri Anil

Thank you  for your posts - to me they were both most definitive in their very different ways.

Do nothing except self inquiry as taught by Sri Bhagavan should perhaps be the title of this thread.

Yet I know my mind remains in thrall of the details of a life so wonderfully lived; the jnani's emptying of himself to others and of coming down to the level of others ; the continuing  devotion to whoever gave them such  grace which remained an important part of the lives of Sri Nisargadatta, Sri Ranjit and their teacher Sri Siddharameswhar Maharaj.

But for the time being these are mysteries and back to vichara we go !

Thank you

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 19, 2013, 03:53:28 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

Yes,the only thing we can do is self inquiry. Like You have said,to be still. It is our only duty. And we are truly lucky to know Bhagavan and Arunachala,and to know about this Golden way. It is indeed work of the Grace itself,work of this Beautiful,Sweet magnet which is pulling us so strongly,so powerfully. Whish is compeling us to give up this body-mind idea,this imagined,false existence of the person and world all together.

And it is indeed very true,the power of the mind to abide increases with constant practice and trying. That,anyway,determines the progress toward our True nature,which is beyond and above all this. Which again puts that same progress and all we do to be also completely imaginary. Coz,then comes the moment when all this must be abandoned,because if we need to abandone false I,which is tiping all this :),we need to abandone all its strivings,ideas,thoughts,all and everything. Everything which is of nature of the thought itself. And thats about everything. With its dispearing,all else vanishes,and our Real nature shines forth.

I wrote this,coz i realised that when we step in in this spiritual life,we with time produce one new,even stronger image of ourselves,spiritual one,which is even harder to abandone. I see it like new sort of vasana. Coz,behind it is still the person with its atempts to realise itself,to come to the truth keeping its individuality intact.
Anyway,these are my thoughts about it only.

FOR SRI BHAGWAN AS WELL AS SRI MAHARAJ TAUGHT TO HOLD THE PRIMARY DATUM OF OUR EXPEREINCE which is the door to our Atma-Swarupa, the Real Self.

In the end,This is indeed all we should have in mind. The direct and Best Way,the Golden,Supreme Way. And if we are willing,the easiest too. It is the only thing which is like must,all else practices can be aid,but are not truly necesary if we menage to follow Bhagavan's words. But,nothing is easy in the begining. With time,perservance,and constant attempts,it becomes natural. It is Bhagavan's promise to us.

Thank You so much for this beautiful post,dear Sri Anil!

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:35 AM »
Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

It is indeed mistery,life of the such a Great and Wonderful Souls like Sri Nisargadatta, Sri Ranjit and Sri Siddharameswhar Maharaj,who were and still are Here to guide us though this complex and very persistent dream. And more Wonderful is their conection with one another,that which putt them so close,like Bhagavan and Sri Nisargadatta. And that is Arunachala,the Grace and Reality itself,Sadguru,the only thing which is Truly Real,which Truly Is.

We have got all we could,and such Golden promise with it.

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 19, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
“Do nothing except self inquiry as taught by Sri Bhagavan should perhaps be the title of this thread.”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

Yes, if I am ever inspired to start another topic, which is unlikely, I shall certainly consider your advice. However, I feel that the title of this thread is quite apt.  Thanks very much, sir.

Dear sri cefnbrithdir, when I said that you have been drawn by His Grace, that was not in lighter vein, but I said it in all earnestness, as I felt. For, Sri Bhagwan has Himself affirmed, in no ambiguous term, that the rise of the urge to seek for the ‘I’, the Self, ie itself an act of Divine Grace. Once one is taken hold of by this urge, the grip of the Divine Grace never relaxes. And finally one is devoured, just as the prey in a tiger’s jaws is never allowed to escape. That is certain.

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, the Self-realisation seems easy first, but there is difficulty too. Sri Bhagwan has said that one has to overcome one’s present false values and wrong identification. Therefore, this quest requires concentrated effort and steadfast abidance in the Source when THIS is reached. But again Sri Bhagwan has Himself assured not to allow that to deter us from putting in our whole-hearted efforts.

GURU’S GRACE HAS STARTED US ON THE VICHARA WHICH ITSELF IS THE MANTRA, JAPA, TAPAS, SACRIFICE, AND YOGA AND ITSELF IS THE MOST PURIFYING AS WELL. THEREFORE, WE MUST PURSUE IT ALWAYS. WE MUST CARRY ON THIS DEMOLITION OF WRONG IDEA BY ENQUIRY, TILL OUR LAST WRONG NOTION AND IDENTIFICATION IS DEMOLISHED, TILL THE SELF IS REALISED.   

Thanks very much, once again, dear Sri cefnbrithdir.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 19, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“I wrote this, coz i realised that when we step in in this spiritual life, we with time produce one new, even stronger image of ourselves, spiritual one, which is even harder to abandon. I see it like new sort of vasana. Coz, behind it is still the person with its attempts to realise itself, to come to the truth keeping its individuality intact.
Anyway, these are my thoughts about it only.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Your post resonates and touch deep chord within me. Thanks very much for a very nice post, dear Sri Jewell.
As for the above quote, I wish to say that it is the mind which keeps on presenting perpetual obstacles to Self-realisation. Sri Bhagwan taught that the mind is nothing but the thoughts. The root thought is the ‘I’ which is known as ego. When the question ‘Who am I?’ preponderates, it kills all other thoughts and is itself ultimately gone. Therefore, as Sri Bhagwan answered to Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai that the mind will vanish only through the Enquiry ‘Who am I?’ Though ‘Who am I’ is also a thought and therefore a mental operation, it destroys all mental operations, including itself. He also gave a beautiful simile to drive the point home: ‘Just as the stick with which the funeral pyre is stirred is itself reduced to ashes after the pyre and corpse have been burnt’. 

Dear Sri Jewell, you have said it beautifully indeed! The ego takes up subtler form to escape the penetrating search light of the Enquiry and even basks in the knowledge that it is doing penance, it is doing Enquiry, etc. So, who enquires? Who is doing penance? It is the ego. So long as the ego or the individuality is not thus scorched or burnt in the great fire, Self-realisation will remain elusive. Hence the need to pursue the Enquiry steadfastly with perseverance till Self-realisation and the state of effortlessness are reached is essential. 

Thanks very much, dear Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
  Anil     

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 20, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »

For a dear,true friend,and such Beautiful gesture!

The attempt to destroy the ego or the mind through sadhanas(practices)
other than atma-vichara(self inquiry) is just like the thief pretending to be a policeman
to catch the thief, that is, himself. Atma-vichara (self inquiry) alone can reveal the truth
that neither the ego nor the mind really exists, and enable one to realize the pure,
undifferentiated being of the Self or the absolute. Having realized the Self,
nothing remains to be known, because it is perfect bliss, it is the all.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »
Quote:
“Atma-vichara (self inquiry) alone can reveal the truth
that neither the ego nor the mind really exists, and enable one to realize the pure,
undifferentiated being of the Self or the absolute. Having realized the Self,
nothing remains to be known, because it is perfect bliss, it is the all.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

You have always been a very dear and true friend who always spoke in the true language of the heart with a deep insight which I understood, not by the words used, but rather intuitively. Thank you so much, dear friend!   

All is said to be contained in the Existence, Consciousness and Bliss and Name and Form. Of these, the first three, the Existence, Consciousness and Bliss (Sacchidananda) constitute the Reality, and the rest the Name and the Form are fleeting and therefore unreal.  Jnana or the Knowledge consists in seeing only the Reality and not the name and the form. Sri Bhagwan revealed that the first three, the Existence, Consciousness and Bliss constitute the ‘Aham’ or the ‘I’, and the name and the form constitute the ‘Idam’ or ‘This’. ‘I’ and ‘This’ exhaust everything between them. Even the ego-mind, which is the subject from the perspective of the relativity is found to be an object from the perspective of the Absolute Reality, that is, Existence, Consciousness and Bliss.
 However, Sri Bhagwan says that saying that we must see the Self or Brahman in everything and everywhere is not quite correct. For, only that Stage is final, where there is no seeing, where there is no time and place, where there will be no seer, seeing and object to see, where what exists is only the INFINITE EYE. It is the greatness of the Atma-vichara that it at once reveals the non-existence and fleeting nature of ‘This’ including the ego, mind and the intellect. It also follows from the preceding discussion that the appearance or disappearance of anything, the seeing or not seeing of anything therefore is unnatural to Us, the Self.     
 Therefore, as Sri Bhagwan said, Atma-vichara (self inquiry) alone can reveal the truth that neither the ego nor the mind really exists, and enable one at once to realize or come to the pure, undifferentiated being of the Self or the Absolute, which is our Atma-swarupa.SO, EGO AND THE MIND BEING NON-EXISTENT, ANY KIND OF PERCEPTION IS UNATURAL TO OUR SELF OR THE ATMA-SWARUPA. HENCE WHEN THERE IS ANY KIND OF PERCEPTION ONE MUST ENQUIRE AND REALISE OR COME TO THE ATMA-SWARUPA, THE TRUE ‘I’. OUR ATMA-SWARUPA ALONE IS SATYAM, SHIVAM AND SUNDARAM. OUR ATMA-SWARUPA ALONE IS BEATITUDE. Atma-vichara alone is the essence of all spiritual practices whatever.

Thanks very much, once again, dear Sri Jewell.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 20, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
Sri Anantamurti addressed Sri Bhagwan in English thus:
Bhagwan, I have enjoyed great peace in your presence. Permit me to return to Bangalore. May I know if I can receive your help when I reach Bangalore? I pray for your benediction.

Sri Bhagwan was till then reclining on the sofa. He dramatised the parting scene. He sat up vertically on the sofa and with a kind but loud tone he said in English as follows:

“What? Is there Time, Place or Distance for me?”

Sri Anantamurti  writes that after putting this question to him He reclined on  the pillow of the sofa. His Words and Gestures were charming, instructive and benevolent. They indicated perpetual compassion and love of all who pray for His aid. His Gracious Words are ringing in His ears, even after thirty-four years.

Dear devotees, there is no time, place or distance for a great realised sage like Sri Bhagwan.  HE IS THE SELF, THEN AND NOW. Therefore, His perpetual and perennial Compassion and Love flow for all who pray for His aid, and His Guidance is available for all who follow His Teaching and tread the Direct Path as shown and taught by Him with Love, Faith and steadfastness. This is certain.

Pranam,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 20, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
Dear Anil,

Nice. There is a verse which says that a Brahma Jnani has transcended the concepts of time and  space.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 21, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »
Dear Sri Anil,

This is such a beautuful sentence from Bhagavan. Truly,how can be there the time,space and distance for Him who is All Pervading,who is Supreme Self and Reality! He is beyond illusion,beyond this imaginary world and its concepts. How can there be such thing like distance at all. He support all this,and for Him there is no limits,and nothing else but Him indeed. How the Self can be appart from the Self! Where is division,when nothing exept Him Is. Beyond any concept,beyond this imagined reality,beyond existence or anything which can be seen or thought of. Nothing. Nothinges,just That. He is unknown to me,and always will be. And the truth is that is our very Self,only not this imaginary I,but something which is not I,not That,anything,and yet everything. Altrough,there is no everything... Such is Its Glory,such is the Glory of Eternal  Supreme Self.

Thank You Very much,dear Sri Anil,dear,dear friend!

With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 21, 2013, 05:56:30 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Proclaiming the highest teachings to those who cannot understand them and who might misinterpret them is also regarded as being incorrect behaviour.

Sri G. V. Subbarmayya  : Referring to Sri Krishna’s description of His Gospel as the supreme secret which should be disclosed only to His true devotees and never to others, Sri Bhagwan explained the doctrine of adhikara (fitness). If the higher truth is taught to the unworthy, it is bound to be perverted and abused. In fact the Asuras (Demons) like Hiranyakasipu were also Brahmavadins (expounders of Brahman). They too declared “I am God”. ONLY, BY THE ‘I’ THEY MEANT THE EGO. SO THEY RECOGNISED NO HIGHER AUTHORITY THAN THEIR EGO, AND FELT FREE TO COMMIT ANY SIN. Indiscriminate preaching of the highest Truth irrespective of the disciple’s fitness will therefore spell disaster and is forbidden by the Lord.
Source: Sri Ramana Reminiscences

Dear devotees, Lanka King, Ravana is also said to be a great expounder of Brahman and he also declared “I am God”, meaning the ego by the ‘I’, and felt free to act according to his whims and fancy and commit any sin. He even has the temerity to wage fierce and vengeful war against Sri Rama. This is why Sri Bhagwan said, “Scriptures have validity only to those who recognise their own ignorance and seek enlightenment. Persons who are immersed in ignorance never bother about scriptures of whose very existence they are quite oblivious.  On the other hand, the Jnani who sees nothing other than the Self cannot be bound by any authority—even that of the Scriptures. All Scriptures only propound Brahman whereas the Jnani is Brahman Itself.”

Dear devotees, it follows that the highest Truth should be taught only to worthy who, in the first place, recognise their ignorance, and who are fit and mature enough not to regard their ego as God and start behaving with false pride without love and humility, insolently. For, that sure is to spell disaster.   

Thanks very much.
  Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“How the Self can be appart from the Self! Where is division,when nothing exept Him Is. Beyond any concept,beyond this imagined reality,beyond existence or anything which can be seen or thought of. Nothing. Nothinges,just That. He is unknown to me,and always will be. And the truth is that is our very Self,only not this imaginary I,but something which is not I,not That,anything,and yet everything. Altrough,there is no everything... Such is Its Glory,such is the Glory of Eternal Supreme Self.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

This is a very beautiful and poetic expression and echoes my own understanding. “He is unknown to me and always will be”. Yes, this damn ‘me’ will never know Him. Can the body ever know Him? How can this imagined ‘I’, the non-existent ego of the form ‘I am the body’ ever know That, the Eternal Supreme Self?  Its ultimate destiny is to vanish or die so that the Self shines forth, which forever as IT EVER IS.     

Thanks very much, dear Sri jewell.
Pranam
 Anil