Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759218 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2820 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »
Quote from Sri cefnbrithdir:
“Bhagavan said Find the Source; You must reach the Source. In Nan Yar he talked about scrutinising the source of thoughts.

But differences in thinking, are subtle. Could I be treating the source as another object - albeit as the Psalmist poetically put it " a very wide place".

"Scrutinising a source" and attempting (with difficulty) to create no mental objects (essentially to cease all thought) seems somewhat different. If anything there is more Subject in the latter, yet my guess is that this is another "armlock" which is inevitably temporary when let go, whereas you are submerged in scrutinising a source or if not submerged able to be mindful of it as you go about your business.”

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir,

Sri Bhagwa: That which rises in the body as ‘I’ (I am the body) is the mind. If one enquires ‘ In which place in the body does the thought ‘I’ arises first’ , it will be known to be in the Heart. That is the Source, the birth place of the mind.

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, although Sri Bhagwan uses the word ‘place’ or the ‘Source’ (idam, this), He is referring to our Natural State, the Self, rather than to any place or Source limited by time and place. Sri Bhagwan says that the ‘place’ (idam, this) where even the slightest trace of the thought does not exist, alone is the Self, our Natural State. Therefore, if one enquires ‘in which place in the body…’ , what He expects us to attend to is not a place in the body but ONLY ‘WE’, THE SELF. So, true import of the word Heart or the Source is not a limited place in the body, as an object, but only the unlimited Self that we are.

So, all we have to do is to practice to be still with the remembrance of the ‘I’-feeling. Clinging to the consciousness ‘I and thereby acquiring greater and greater intensity upon it is DIVING DEEP WITHIN. There not two selves. So, that amounts to Self-attention with an unwavering, keen mind.

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, you have mentioned the phrase ‘scrutinising the source, in your post. I would like to remind you of Sri Bhagwan’s Utterances to understand what He exactly meant by seeking, searching or investigating the Source:

Self-enquiry consists in gathering together all the energies of body and mind by banishing all alien thoughts, and then directing all  those energies into a single current, namely the RESOLVE to find the answer to the question ‘Who am I?’. Just as one dives into a lake, seeking a thing that has fallen in, so sould the seeker dive into the Heart, resolved to find wherefrom rises the ego-sense, restraining speech and the vital breath.

Dear Sri cefnbrithdir, you have raised a question about a very important component in the Enquiry. ‘Scrutinising the source’ does not mean a subject scrutinising a source as the object. It is the resolve to find the Self with a keen and alert mind which form the dynamic element in the Enquiry. This resolve in sine-qua-non, for without it there can be no diving in the Heart. This REASOVE IS IMPLIED IN THE QUESTION ‘WHO AM I?’ OR ‘WHENCE AM I?.

I hope that the above discussion may clear some of your doubts regarding the Practice of the Enquiry. However, if there is any ambiguity remaining, you are most welcome to express it in this thread. Although I am finding a bit difficult to attend to the forum regularly, I shall certainly respond whenever I get the opportunity to do so.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“It is better to turn the mind inward, whenever thoughts come to our mind, than to try to kill the thoughts.
It will come like waves. We cannot stop the waves. Let the waves keep coming and going. We shall keep the mind in close
proximity to the Self.”

“Better to turn the mind inward and be quiescent in the Self.
Let any number of thoughts come and we shall not associate with them.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Sri Bhagwan has also taught that if one desires to bathe in an ocean and is afraid to enter it seeing the roaring and rolling of the waves and waits for all this to subside, such a one can never bathe in the ocean. The nature of ocean is restlessness and will continue to be so. Therefore, he must resolve to learn to bath in the ocean as it is. He must learn to duck under a wave and let it pass over him. He should learn to hold breath while doing so. Thus soon he is skilled to duck wave after wave at a stretch, and thus achieves the purpose of bathing even in roaring ocean or sea.

However, Sri Bhagwan also said that rejection of thoughts may be necessary for some time.
Sri Bhagwan: You fancy that there is no end if one goes on rejecting every thought when it rises. No, there is an end. If you are vigilant, and make a stern effort to reject every thought when it rises, you will soon find that you are going deeper and deeper into your own inner Self, where there is no need for your effort to reject the thoughts.

Therefore, we must synthesise the above two statements of Sri Bhagwan and the synthesis amounts to saying that rejecting thoughts is the stepping stone and therefore effort to reject distracting thoughts should go on till one goes deeper and deeper into his own inner Self and thus reaches a state where there is no need to go on further rejecting the thoughts.

This, in my view, is the essential training—to earn to cling to the Self and going deeper and deeper, and at the same time to go on rejecting the distracting thoughts. Then one is trained enough to duck, wave after wave, that is, one is able to attend to the Self and is either already off the mental movement or has learnt to ignore the distracting thoughts.

However, in my view, the right thing to do is to catch hold of the leading or the central  ‘I’-thought and seek its source and thereby give no chance or room to other thoughts to distract one.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: January 13, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »
Dear Anil.

Yes. Sri Bhagavan has also said about the rejection of thoughts simultaneously with the mind going deeper and deeper within.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:47 AM »
Devotee: Please don’t put any appreciative references about me in the Telgu translation of ‘Ramana Gita’.
Sri Bhagwan: Why do you worry? To ask for the omission of your name is as much egoism as to desire its inclusion: So let it be.

Dear Devotees,

On the ‘makar Sakranti’ day, I pray to the Great Lord and the Guru, to shower His Grace on all of us so that we enquire and thus are able to shake off this dreadful, shadowy ego, for once and all,  and savour forever the Bliss of the Atma-swarupa.

Sri Bhagwan taught that shaking off the ego is the true tapas, true penance.  However, He also taught that the ego does not exist at all. It comes and goes, rises and sets, is born and dies. An ‘I’ rises forth with every thought and with its disappearance that ‘I’ disappears too. Many ‘I’s are born and die every moment.  But all the while, the Real Self always abides.

Dear devotees, ours is One Atma-swarupa, One Self. The so-called ego-self is non-existent.  Otherwise, we would be two instead of one—we the ego-selves, and we the Common Self. Therefore, if the ego-self disappears  THROUGH CONSTANT ENQUIRY INTO ITS NATURE, EACH ONE OF US IS ONLY THE COMMON ATMA-SWARUPA, THE REAL SELF.

Although ego-selves are non-existent, mere shadows, but it alone is the formless link between the Self which is Consciousness and the body which is inert. It rises from the Self and identifies with the body—gross or subtle. So, it is not an independent entity. That is why Sri Bhagwan taught that the only infallible method to tackle it is to enquire where from it rises. Tackling the ego through other methods is like attempting to bury one’s shadow, for such other methods are based on the wrong notions of its reality.

So, we must understand the metaphysics of the ego without any ambiguity and doubt whatever:

Between the spirit and matter, the Self and the body, there appears to be born SOMETHING which is called the ego-self or ‘ahamkara’. Now what we call ourselves is this ego-selves which is different from the ever conscious Atma-swarupa , the Self and from the unconscious matter, the body. However, at the same time it appears to PARTAKE THE CHARACTERS OF BOTH THE SPIRIT AND THE MATTER, CHETANA AND JADA.   

Therefore, dear devotees, by the dictum ‘KNOW THYSELF’ which is common in all religions, knowing this shadow-like, non-existent ego-self IS NOT meant. FOR, THE MOMENT THE EGO-SELF TRIES TO KNOW ITSELF, IT STARTS CHANGING ITS CHARACTER; IT BEGINS TO PARTAKE LESS AND LESS OF THE JADA, MATTER, IN WHICH IT IS PRESENTLY ABSORBED, AND MORE AND MORE OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE SELF. And thus one begins to savour the Taste of the Bliss of the Self, albeit in trickles, from the very beginning.

Therefore, this seemingly dreadful ego-self which gives so much trouble and which creates havoc among nations and people is sure DREADFUL EVEN TO ONESELF. The only way to shake it off is through constant enquiry into its nature, as Sri Bhagwan taught.

Thanks very much.
  Pranam,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: January 14, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
Pothi Padh Padh Kar Jag Mua, Pandit Bhayo Na Koye
Dhai Aakhar Prem Ke, Jo Padhe so Pandit Hoye

Translation

Reading Books and Scriptures everyone died, No one became Pandit
Two and Half Words of Love, Who ever reads, Pandit he becomes.

Akath Kahani Prem Ki, Kutch Kahi Na Jaye
Goonge Keri Sarkara, Baithe Muskae

Translation
Inexpressible is the story of Love , It goes without Saying
Like the dumb guy who eats sweet Sarkara, he only Smiles.

Pehle Agan Birha Ki, Pachhe Prem Ki Pyas
Kahe Kabir Tub Janiye, Naam Milan Ki Aaas

Translation
First the pain of separation, then the thirst for Love
Says Kabir, only then will you know Joy of the Union.

As snow in water melts, let me dissolve as love in you who are all love, O Arunachala!
V. 101, Aksharmanamalai

Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: January 15, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »
                                                        The Dance of the Ego

If one thoroughly investigates the divine play of God, the Foremost One, who remains as the source, one discovers that the divine ordinance is as follows: ‘In this world, if the ego rises , all else will rise; if it subsides, all else will subside as well.
V. 166, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman

Sri Bhagwan : If oneself rises, all will rise; if oneself subsides, all will subside.

Losing their jnana-drishti through the veiling that obstructs jnana, suffering intensely through the bondage of evil karma and, as a consequence, losing sight of the supreme, jivas rise as ‘I’ and dance the comic dance of an image on a temple tower that appears to bear the tower itself.
V. 171, GVK, Edited by Sri D, Godman

Sri Muruganar sings in another verse that this dance is ‘nothing but the dance of a zombie who had possessed a corpse on a funeral pyre in the cremation ground’!

The best course of action is to remain still like an ocean in which the waves have subsided, with the ego restrained and focussed on the Self through consciousness that is free from the deluding defect of a mind-ghost that cavorts around unfettered.
V. 175, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

If the ego is destroyed, one becomes a true devotee; if the ego is destroyed, one becomes a jnani; if the ego is destroyed, one becomes God himself; if  the ego is destroyed, at that very moment grace stands revealed.
V. 161, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Sri Muruganar: As the ego itself is bondage, its destruction alone transforms the jiva into Sivam. As the lightening of a lamp and the removal of darkness are not separate, the very moment the ego is destroyed, grace shines forth.

Dear Devotees,

We see pictures on the screen with the help of a small light in an environment of darkness; if that darkness be dispelled by a big light, can the pictures be visible? The whole place becomes luminous and lustrous. If, in the same way, we see the world with the small light called ego-mind, we find it full of different colours. But if we see it with the big light known as Self-Realisation (atmaa-jnana), we will find that it is one continuous universal light and nothing else.  THAT LIGHT IS SUPREME CONSCIOUSNESS, PURE AWARENESS, THE SELF, THE SWARUPA, THE REALITY. When the dance of the ego comes to an end by enquiry, THAT VERILY WE ARE.

Thanks very much,
Pranam,
Anil

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: January 15, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »
Dear Sri Anil,

Thank You for the beautiful words of Bhagavan and Sri Muruganar!

They are wonderful,so refreashing and profound.
It is indeed essence of essence,all we need to know.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
Dear Anil,

Nice post giving Guru Vachaka Kovai verses, about the ego, its rise and fall and its destruction. Ulladu Narpadu ends with
the statement that the ego's death is mukti.

Thanks for the post.

Arunachala Siva,

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »

Dear Sri Anil

Thank you for reply and thank you also for your profound Dance of the Ego words.

The title of this thread is "Self enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough" and we always come back to agreeing that this is so !

But we are not practising (exclusively)  atma vichara all the time. We are also devotees of Bhagavan and when we look on his wonderful face or read his wonderful words, however much grace and help we receive from this,  we are not fully immersed in atma vichara. Or am I mistaken ?

However the more abiding we are in the Self,  in the Swarupa, the more we know him. The more we surrender to him, the more we experience his grace.

Bhagavan is both with form and formless and his grace is bringing us to the One Self.

But I would like to ask you and Sri Subramanian Sir or indeed others about the form of our Self, our Atma Swarupa.  Because  if/when we are fully one with Bhagavan we will also, in this life, have a form and it won't be Bhagavan's. Equally other jnanis have different forms from each other though they are all jnanis. Other sadguru's the same. And in the same way that there is nothing to attain and "Nothing ever happened" it seems that  these forms must be  changelessly there waiting for us to realise them  ?  It makes me think there must now be within us  our perfect form which we will step into with Bhagavan's grace. And  it must be there already.

When we are devotees we are never alone because we have Bhagavan with us  but do we not also  have our own Atma Swarupa in the form we are meant to "inhabit" with us as well  ?  Are we not doubly not alone ?   Atma Vichara will be the way for us to be one with Bhagavan and ourselves. But in the meantime will not  our own Atma Swarupa (with a form) be part of our Guru within ?

I hope I am making sense.   Your thoughts , and those of others, would be appreciated.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »
Dear cefnbrithdir,

Atma has no form. Atma is One. The Atma within you and within me and within everyone is the one Atma. The phrase Atma Swarupam
is more a practical term for Atma which has no Swarupam.

Then how to meditate on Atma within? One way is to meditate as an Effulgence, a blinding Light. But this Light also will go away
after some time, once a person attains maturity in Sadhana. That is why Buddhists use the word Void, Nothingness. Till such time,
one finds it difficult to meditate on Void, one can meditate on Effulgence within.

Merging in Bhagavan means what? Merging in the Light called Bhagavan. The effulgence of the Heart, is the nature and grace of Sri
Bhagavan. Merging in that Light is like a pot of milk being mixed with another pot of milk. Both had individual identity, as milk in
Pot A and milk in Pot B. After merger, it is all the same. That is, merger with Bhagavan or God or the Self.

Arunachala Siva. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
Devotee: It is only by developing the intellect that intuition can be attained; in fact perfection of intellect is intuition, IS THAT NOT SO?

Sri Bhagwan :  HOW   CAN  THAT   BE?  THE MERGING   OF   THE    INTELLECT   IN   THE   SOURCE   FROM   WHICH   IT   AROSE   GIVES   BIRTH   TO   INTUTION.  The intellect is of use only to see outside things, the outside world.  PERFECTION OF THE INTELLECT WOULD LEAD ONLY TO SEEING OUTSIDE WORLD WELL. BUT THE INTELLECT IS OF NO USE AT ALL FOR SEEING WITHIN, FOR TURNING TOWARDS THE SELF. FOR THAT IT HAS TO BE KILLED OR EXTINGUISHED, OR IN OTHER WORDS IT HAS TO MERGE IN THE SOURCE FROM WHICH IT SPRANG.
Day By day With Bhagwan

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir, Sri Jewell and Sri cefnbrithdir, we are aware of the supreme importance of the role of INTUTION vis-a-vis INTELLECT for a seeker and a devotee in the spiritual realm. Sri Bhagwan's above Teaching Itself leaves no room for any ambiguity and doubt.

I have just come home. I wish to respond to your posts tomorrow.

Thanks very much, sit.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
The polluting ego-view causes the fullness of the Guru, which is present everywhere, without any absence, to be limited. Only the behaviour in which this does not appear is the shining puja to the Guru who stands out like a mountain in a plain.
V. 316, GVK< Edited by Sri D. Godman

Except for the exalted fortune of knowing the Supreme Self, that which is the greatest, there is no worthy attainment in this world. To know and experience that Self, destroy the insubstantial ego by Self ward investigation.
V. 1061, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

If you enquire within and attain in the Heart the pre-eminent wealth, the Self that is the beautiful and powerful chintamani, the true jnana that exists and shines, then your indigence, the great delusion, the root of suffering, will end, terminating the affliction of samsara.
V.1062, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

You should know the ‘I’, the form of consciousness, by enquiring ‘Who am I?’ with calm deliberation, and then get absorbed in your sawrupa, consciousness. What purpose is served instead by separating yourself from that consciousness, deluding yourself by taking yourself to be the chidabhasa, the mind-form, dwelling on ruinous sense objects, and suffering?
V. 1064, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir and Sri Jewell,

Sri Bhagwan taught to turn inward and see where the mind rises from and then it will cease to exist. So, asking the mind to turn inward and seek its source is employing the mind. Of course, we are employing the mind, for it is well known and admitted that only with the mind the mind has to be killed. But as Sri Bhagwan taught that instead of setting about saying that there is a mind , and I want to kill it, wisdom lies in beginning to seek the source of the mind and then only we can TRULY find that there is no mind, that is, the mind does not exist at all. THE MIND TURNED OUTWARDS, RESULTS IN THOUGHTS AND OBJECTS. TURNED INWARDS, IT BECOMES ITSELF THE SELF.

It is always the ego which raises all the difficulty, creates all the obstacles and it is the ego which suffers the perplexity of apparent paradoxes. Truth is this that as the enormous sun is reflected within the narrow limits of the water in a pot, so also apparent latent tendencies of the mind of the individual, acting as the reflecting medium, catch the Infinite Light of the Consciousness arising from the Heart and the form of this reflection is therefore mere the phenomenon which alone is called the mind or the individual.

So, what is happening is this that we are seeing only this reflection which is mere phenomenon and being deluded into belief that we are finite beings.

So, I discussed the above only to say that on the one hand the habits of the mind are obstructing the realisation of the Self and on the other these mental habits can be shown to be non-existent only by realising the Self.

This appears to be a vicious circle, full of apparent paradoxes. But it so only for the ego, which is an idea, a reflection, a phenomenon . AND HEREIN LIES THE GREATNESS OF THE GREATEST TEACHING EVER REVEALED:

SEEK YOUR SOURCE; THE SEARCH TAKES YOU TO THE HEAR DIRECTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY.   CAN THE REFLECTION OR THE PHENOMENA AND THE REFLECTING MEDIUM (VASANAS) APPEAR THEN WHEN ONE SEES WITH THE BIG LIGHT KNOWN AS SELF-REALISATION, WHEN WE TRULY FIND THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE CONTINUOUS UNIVERSAL LIGHT  OF PURE AWARENESS AND NOTHING ELSE?

This is the secret of all secrets Sri Bhagwan refers to in the Verse 98 of the Aksharmanamalai:

“I have betrayed Thy (secret) workings. Be not offended. Show me Thy Grace openly and save me , Oh Arunachala!”

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: January 17, 2013, 01:28:10 PM »

You should know the ‘I’, the form of consciousness, by enquiring ‘Who am I?’ with calm deliberation, and then get absorbed in your sawrupa, consciousness.
V. 1064, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

(My emphasis)

Dear Sri Anil

Your quote from GVK above in your reply to Sri Jewell and Sri Subramanian Sri I believe is also very helpful to my own query.  (And I have also read your reply to Sri Jewell on the Nisargadatta thread !)

I am trying to deepen, refine and make my sadhana as comprehensive as I can without going off into cul de sac's and wrong paths. When things are easy - and abidance through grace comes upon you and you are immersed in this without difficulty  - I think it is natural that our still thinking mind tries to understand what has happened and we may form conceptual insights. But I know that conceptual insights can go astray and that is why they should sometimes be tested. Maybe I should simply have more faith in them.

One's own conceptual insights ( if correct)  - as well  as the whole philosophy of Vedanta - can particularly come to our assistance when things are not so easy- indeed when sadhana is  a struggle. Though this period of difficulty may in the first place be because we are in an  intellectual place in our minds.  Another insight !!

I, like you, know the ultimate importance of Bhagavan's vichara teaching. And ultimately everything can be referred back to this  - I believe his devotees called it  his "bazooka" reply (?).

My previous post was about realising something about my swarupa - which of course is not jiva/me. Your quote from Bhagavan I understand to be confirming  this because he talks about "your swarupa" not in some absolute formless way. This does not contradict what Sri Subramanian Sir has said about jugs of milk but with the greatest respect I don't think it addresses what I was trying to say.

When I was talking about "form" I meant that in this life - though we must not be confused by form we still have one. Bhagavan had a form - there is his picture at the top of this page. It is for us a window into Reality. Of course he is infinitely more than his form but he still had a form.

It struck me that my swarupa is changeless - it is there now - and it must have a form now. My form  !  Yet this is  not me because I am still a jiva who needs to do more vichara !

This may all  be banal. But the insight for me is useful. My swarupa is so close.  That as well as  having Bhagavan, I am not alone.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: January 17, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
Dear Friends,

Atma Swarupa, it is important to notice that word used is Swa Rupa if truly a form can be cognised then the scriptures may have used Atma Rupa instead of Atma Swarupa, like how we say, the Sun is Self illuminating, therefore the form of Atma is itself, there is no way, it can be cognized, as it is the cognizer itself.

I have wondered what is it that Bhagavan looks into into the vacancy of his gaze. The swarupa of Atma is like the black hole or like the bermuda triangle which sucks into it everything that appears before it into nothingness. It is eternal yajna. Constant tapas, like an unending circle.

What really struck me in the following quote of scripture is this -

He who knows, knows not, and he who knows not, knows.

a different thought occured to me, that truly the knower knows not anything, he has given up, he is truly the knower, he is constantly absorbed into that which cannot be fathomed. And that which cannot be fathomed is verily oneself!

which is why i am completely stunned at the expressions of Jnaneshwar, its a human wonder to me, the kind of expressions that have flowed from this great young saint. He says, can the tongue taste itself, can knife cut itself, can a flower smell its own fragrance and he gave out wonderful meaning by saying -

Just as a nose might become a fragrance,
Or ears might give out a melody
For their own enjoyment,
Or the eyes might produce a mirror
In order to see themselves
Or a tongue might become sweetness

Just so, the one pure Consciousness becomes
The enjoyer and the object of enjoyment,
The seer and the object of vision,
Without disturbing Its unity.

Somewhere he has expressed, what might happen when two mirrors are kept face to face, what can it reflect and what is reflected. Or it is like the two pupils of eye seeing each other,

God Himself is the devotee;
The goal is the path.
The whole universe is one solitary Being.
It is He who becomes a god,
And He who becomes a devotee.
In Himself,
He enjoys the kingdom of Stillness

Thank you all.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: January 17, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
Quote from Sri Nagaraj Ji:
“Atma Swarupa, it is important to notice that word used is Swa Rupa if truly a form can be cognised then the scriptures may have used Atma Rupa instead of Atma Swarupa, like how we say, the Sun is Self illuminating, therefore the form of Atma is itself, there is no way, it can be cognized, as it is the cognizer itself.”

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

This is a very beautiful insight, sir. Yes, It is Atma-SWArupa. Prefix “SWA” in ‘rupa’ implies that the form of the Atma-Swarupa is Itself and therefore cannot be cognised in the same way as the eye cannot be cognised by itself. Indeed a wonderful expression ! How can the COGNISER Itself be cognised unless It is objectified.  Thanks very much, dear Sri Nagaraj Ji.

How wonderfully the same insight has been portrayed by the Sage Sri Jnaneshvar!

Just so, the one pure Consciousness becomes
The enjoyer and the object of enjoyment,
The seer and the object of vision,
Without disturbing Its unity.

Pranam,
 Anil