Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 755634 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2730 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. As we progress in surrender and self inquiry, Sri Bhagavan (who is ever present) shall shower Grace upon us to
attain the Goal.

Arunachala Siva. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 26, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
Quote from Sri Sanjay Ji:
“Thanks for this above story, Anil ji. Awe struck am I - because each time my brain and ego feels it understood Bhagawan, the very next talk I hear - makes me feel I understood nothing. Thank you for posting this wonderful one on Maharishee's silence.”

Dear Sri Sanjay Ji,

Yes. Have you ever been in Tiruvannamalai and sat at His Feet in the Samadhi Hall for sufficiently long duration, say an hour or two, mediating on His Feet or on our own Atma- Swarupa? For I am certain that the Same Glorious and Blissful Silence is palpable and One bathes in the Same Silence one experienced while He was embodied. But we must remember at the same time that as then, so even now, there will always be some who felt nothing then  and feel nothing now.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 26, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »
Yes. Have you ever been in Tiruvannamalai and sat at His Feet in the Samadhi Hall for sufficiently long duration, say an hour or two, mediating on His Feet or on our own Atma- Swarupa?

Never, Anil Ji. If Bhagawan wishes, Bhagawan will make circumstances take me there. But I feel the presence everywhere - and so dont feel too much attached to the place - though I would love to visit some day.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 27, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
Quote:
“Never, Anil Ji. If Bhagawan wishes, Bhagawan will make circumstances take me there. But I feel the presence everywhere - and so dont feel too much attached to the place - though I would love to visit some day.”

Dear Sri Sanjay,

Yes. You have said it very beautifully indeed! He is Omnipotent, Omniscient, All-pervading, and therefore if there is love, devotion and real yearning in the heart, His Presence can be felt everywhere. But having said this, I wish to say that so long as attachment with form is there, one feels His Presence more palpably and intensely where He lived and taught and identified Himself with—SRI ARUNACHALAM. This is why one feels ‘himself in HIM’ while one is in Sri Ramanasramam and sits where He taught compassionately for so long—THE OLD HALL,  and where is HIS SAMADHI—THE SAMADHI HALL—in Tiruvannamalai, in South India. That is why there remain in His devotees’ hearts deep longing and yearning to visit the Holy of the Holiest Places for them. That is how I feel. But this is also true, as you said, that if there is need, He Himself creates circumstances for His adoring devotees and takes them to where they need be taken—His Abode, for He said, “Where I shall go, I am HERE”. Although this Statement of Sri Bhagwan has deep philosophical implication, for His devotees this Utterance at once symbolises the Place where He lived and shed His Physical Body. DOES IT NOT?

Thanks very much, dear Sri Sanjay.
Pranam,
  Anil

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 27, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
Anil Ji

Very correct. As long as names and forms are there for me, I need name and form to feel attached to. I can deceive myself saying I am not this and that - but the reality is different. Hence, I have Bhagawan's picture right on my table, on my laptop etc. Else I would not have. I dont want to deceive myself saying it is all Maya unless it naturally comes to me. If I deceive myself - I wont progress.

Very well said !

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 27, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
Anil Ji

Very correct. As long as names and forms are there for me, I need name and form to feel attached to. I can deceive myself saying I am not this and that - but the reality is different. Hence, I have Bhagawan's picture right on my table, on my laptop etc. Else I would not have. I dont want to deceive myself saying it is all Maya unless it naturally comes to me. If I deceive myself - I wont progress.

Very well said !

Sanjay
Sanjay ,Anil Others
You can also have this youtube video darshan/pradakshina around Bhagwan Samadhi and watch it when ever you feel like to be in touch with Bhagwan .I have posted it also separately in another thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je4Z1xbHZZE

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 27, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

Yes, Thanks very much. Although I had never watched any video on You tube so far, I watched this Video of the Pradakshina around Sri Bhagwan’s Samadhi, following the link pointed out by you.  This is beautiful. Thanks again for the same.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 27, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
Dear Devotees,

What follows is a beautiful passage written by  Sri Laksmana Sarma (WHO), which  pertains to intellect and its limitation:

“The great difficulty that the intellect finds in accepting this teaching is this. The intellect demans a rational link between the world it knows and the Self or Reality it is told about. It wants a bridge over which it can pass and re-pass between the two. Such a bridge does not exist, and cannot possibly be built by anyone—even by the fact that the world and the Reality are negations of each other.  We have seen before that what appears as the world is just the Reality.  And this was made intelligible to us by the analogy of the snake seen in a rope. So too the world and the Reality are negations of each other. They cannot be seen simultaneously. The rope is unrelated to the snake; it did not give birth to the snake. So too the world and the Reality are negations of each other.  The two cannot be experienced simultaneously. He that sees the world sees not the Self, the Reality; on the other hand he that sees the Self does not see the world. So one of them alone can be real—not both. Hence there is no real relation between them.

The world did not come into existence from the Reality. The latter is wholly unrelated to the former. Therefore it is clear that the bridge that the intellect demans does not exist and cannot be built.

Questions that are raised, assuming that there is such a bridge and wanting to know all about it, are therefore meaningless and deserve no direct answer. One such question we have noticed before ; it was about the origin of ignorance. The same question was put to the Sage in a more general way, as follows: “How can the State of Deliverance  be harmonised with the world?” The sage answered: “That harmony is on Deliverance itself.” The sage who is in that State is not aware of any disharmony; on the contrary there is perfect harmony there, because the Self alone is there, --worldless. But the intellect cannot know that harmony, because it can never get there—because if it gets there, it will cease to be. This is the meaning  of the statement, many times reiterated in the ancient lore, that the State of Deliverance ,-- that is, the Real Self, that is in that State,--is beyond intellect.”           

Dear devotees, Sri  Sarma says that this State is beyond the intellect, so it is also beyond speech.  It cannot be objectified by the intellect without falsification and therefore the direct Experience is the only means of knowing It aright, or ceasing to know It wrongly.  So Sri Bhagwan taught the Direct Way to experience It WHICH GIVES ITS TASTE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, FOR ‘I AM’ IS THE PRACTICE AS WELL AS THE GOAL, RATHER THAN FOLLOWING ROUND-ABOUT METHODS IN WHICH THERE IS ALWAYS THE DANGER OF GETTING TRAPPED IN MAZE THAT EGO-MIND-INTELLECT IS FOND OF CREATING AND SOLVING.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 27, 2012, 02:47:12 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Reality is beyond senses, mind, intellect and ego. But Intellect is necessary up to the point of knowing that all except Reality
are unreal and the Reality which is Existence-Knowledge-Bliss is the only real thing. Thereafter, intellect is also not necessary.

Arunachala Siva.     

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 27, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

Yes, Thanks very much. Although I had never watched any video on You tube so far, I watched this Video of the Pradakshina around Sri Bhagwan’s Samadhi, following the link pointed out by you.  This is beautiful. Thanks again for the same.

Pranam,
  Anil

Dear Anil

Glad that you found the video link  useful . I have ripped the video and stored it on my pc and regularly watch it  along with a Pic of Bhagwan with Arunachala in the Background ( especially if I chant any stotra composed by  Bhagwan ) to be in an emotional connection with him .The beauty of this video is it simulates  a virtual pradakshina around his Samadhi shrine and I feel as though myself doing the Pradakshina .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 28, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
Sri Bhagwan :  (After a long pause). The Upanishads  and scriptures say that human beings are only animals unless they are realised beings. POSSIBLY THEY ARE WORSE ALSO. (Talk—79)

Sri Bhagwan : The intellect is the instrument wherewith to know unknown things. BUT YOU  ARE ALREADY KNOWN, BEING THE SELF WHICH IS ITSELF KNOWLEDGE; SO YOU DO NOT BECOME OBJECT OF KNOWLEDGE. THE INTELLECT MAKES YOU SEE THINGS OUTSIDE, AND NOT THAT WHICH IS ITS OWN SOURCE.
Devotee: The question is repeated.
Sri Bhagwan: The intellect is useful thus far, it helps you to analyse yourself, IT MUST  BE THEN MERGED  INTO THE EGO, AND THE SOURCE OF THE EGO MUST BE SOUGHT.  IF THAT BE DONE THE EGO DISAPPEARS. Remain as the source and then the ego does not arise.  (Talk—618)

Sri Jamana Lal Bajaj tried to make himself clear   by sayi g that what he meant by sadbudhi was not the same as budhi. It means that which holds fast to the good, the right and the chosen path.  He wanted to know how such steadfastness could be gained?

SRI BHAGWAN: WHAT  IS WANTED  FOR  GAINING HIGHEST  GOAL  IS  LOSS  OF  INDIVIDUALITY.  THE  INTELLECT  IS  COEIXTENSIVE   WIT  INDIVIDUALITY.  LOSS   OF  INDIVIDUALITY  CAN  BE  ONLY  AFTER  THE  DISAPPEARNCE  BUDHI,  GOOD OR BAD.  THE QUESTION THEREFORE  DOES  NOT  ARISE.  ( Talk—502) 

“ Sri Bhagwan pointed out that intellect raises the question  ‘Whose intellect ?’ The answer is, of the Self. So intellect is a tool of the Self. The Self uses the intellect for measuring variety. Intellect is not the Self nor apart from the Self. The Self alone is eternal. INTELLECT IS ONLY A PHENOMENON.” ( Talk—112)   

“When the matter is understood intellectually the earnest seeker begins to apply it practically. He argues at every moment, ”For whom are these thoughts? Who am I?” and so forth, until he is well established in the conviction that a Higher Power guides us. THAT IS THE FIRMNESS OF FAITH.” (talk—596)

Devotee: How far does intellect help?
Sri Bhagwan : Only so far as to make one sink the intellect in the ego, and the ego in the Self. ( Talk—23)

“THOUGHTS MUST CEASE AND REASON DISAPPEAR FOR ‘I—I’ TO RISE UP AND BE FELT. FEELING IS THE PRIME FACTOR AND NOT REASON” (Talk—24)

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. Intellect is useful but only to the extent as taught by Sri Bhagwan above. No more.   
Sri Bhagwan:  INTELLECT. WHOSE INTELLECT ? THE PROBLEM REVOLVES ROUND THAT QUESTION. ( Talk—477)
Therefore, if the intellect has served the purpose, it must be merged in the ego and the source of the ego must be sought.  I do not understand what this great debate is going about, for The Great Teaching leaves no ambiguity with regard to the usefulness in the great Quest. But if some of us think that they are wiser than Sri Bhagwan Himself, only course left is to remain silent. I do not have even the least inclination to participate in such raging debate. 

Dear sir, WHO says ,“The great difficulty that the intellect finds in accepting this teaching is this. The intellect demands a rational link between the world it knows and the Self or Reality it is told about. It wants a bridge over which it can pass and re-pass between the two. Such a bridge does not exist, and cannot possibly be built by anyone—even by the Sage. The reason is extremely simple., namely the  fact that the world and the Reality are negations of each other.  We have seen before that what appears as the world is just the Reality.  And this was made intelligible to us by the analogy of the snake seen in a rope. So too the world and the Reality are negations of each other. They cannot be seen simultaneously.”
 Dear sir, Sri Sarma’s above is exactly according to Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching. The State of Deliverance is beyond the intellect, so it is also beyond speech.  It cannot be objectified by the intellect without falsification and therefore the direct Experience is the only means of knowing It aright, or ceasing to know It wrongly.  So Sri Bhagwan taught the Direct Way to experience It WHICH GIVES ITS TASTE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, FOR ‘I AM’ IS THE PRACTICE AS WELL AS THE GOAL, RATHER THAN FOLLOWING ROUND-ABOUT METHODS IN WHICH THERE IS ALWAYS THE DANGER OF GETTING TRAPPED IN MAZE THAT EGO-MIND-INTELLECT IS FOND OF CREATING AND SOLVING.

FURTHER:

Sri Bhagwan disapproving of polemics says:
Sri Bhagwan: Why should confusion be created and then explained away? Ah! Fortunate is the man who does not involve himself in this maze!
I was indeed fortunate that I never took to it. Had I taken to it, I would probably be nowhere—ALWAYS IN CONFUSION. My purva  vasanas directly took me to the enquiry “Who am I?” IT WAS INDEED FORTUNATE.   (Talk—392)
 Polemic means dispute; argument or practice of carrying on argument s ,esp. in theology.  So, why one keeps on arguing endlessly despite the Guru’s Teaching which is so obvious?

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam
  Anil

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 28, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
Excellent post, Anil Ji - as always from you. Thanks.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 28, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »
Dear Anil,

Nice clarification. I fully agree with you.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 28, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir and Sri Sanjay,

Ji. Yes. Thanks very much, sir. To believe in one’s first hand vision and first hand language, faith is needed.  That faith has deep root and cannot be intellectual and therefore surges forth from within.  That Faith is graced by the Inner Guru as well as the Gurus without, who are, Sri Bhagwan has taught, One and the Same. Inner Guru  and the Guru without has taught to enquire, “WHO IS ONE WHO HAS FIRST HAND VISION AND FIRST HAND LANGUAGE? The ONE WHO HAS SUCH VISIONS AND LANGUAGE FIRST MUST ANNIHILATE ONESELF AND BE THE REAL SELF BEFORE PROCLAIMING I AM THE SELF, OR I AM THAT, OR I AM BRAHMAN.”’ MOREOVER,  SUCH A ONE WOULD HAVE NO NEED TO DO SO. However, If ego declares thus, it may be a sadhna for him and him alone, I cannot say, but to others if such declaration is made, it would be something a matter of ridicule.  This is how I believe.   

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #2744 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
so many beliefs ... so little time
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it