Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 758889 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2640 on: December 08, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
“If we are born,have the aspiration,earn the Grace of the Guru-then Life becomes a learning leading to discovery and ripening.Whatever we need to learn through writings or sayings of the Great ones,through the vicissitudes of life -all these come to our aid.”
“It is this turning something into a Fetish that is discouraged.Everything has its utility and ultimately it depends on the one who utilizes all these.”

Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji. Yes. This is a beautiful expression to underline the most essential prerequisite for positive and meaningful human life, for the goal of a human life is to realise the Divinity within. All other goals are of secondary importance. And to have the aspiration and endeavour to be simple, humble and pure in thought and deed and thereby earn the Grace of the Guru Tatvam are the most positive, meaningful and wonderful to happen in a human life. Ji, Yes, then one learns the meaning of sublime love which leads to discovery of what is latent within, and that is true ripening. Otherwise life is dreary and gets worn out and finally a precious human life is lost without achieving its true purpose.

Dear sir, being fetish about anything is detrimental and must be eschewed, for it leads one nowhere and progress will be stalled in both the relative as well as spiritual realms. This is certain. Even being fetish about one’s Guru rather the practicing His Teaching is sure to retard one’s progress and ripening in the spiritual realm.

Thanks very much, sir, for a very beautiful post.

Pranam,
 Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
Sir, the last sentence in my previous post should read:

Even being fetish about one’s Guru rather than practicing His Teaching is sure to retard one’s progress and ripening in the spiritual realm.
Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Dear anil,

That is why in regard to philanthropy or even doing some good to individuals who are poor and needy, one should have the
attitude of nishamya karma. Then these karmas without sense of angling for the fruits or even name will become really
worthwhile.

As regards to Gurus, Sri Murugnar has said: I have seen this Guru and I have to see now that other Guru. This attitude is condemnable.
God will take you to an appropriate  Guru who has attained the Self Realization and such a guru will lead you to a life of salvation.
One should not also compare gurus. These are all various patterns of being fetish about gurus. All Gurus are equally great. But one
should not compare and contrast them. You will get a guru that is suitable for you.

Arunachala Siva.                   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 09, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“One should not also compare gurus. These are all various patterns of being fetish about gurus. All Gurus are equally great. But one
should not compare and contrast them. You will get a guru that is suitable for you.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

“When mind melts with Love of Him and reaches in the inner most recess of the heart where abides the Guru Tattvam, He reveals Himself as Pure Knowledge.”
Ji. Yes. Guru Tattvam, is the most sublime and most wonderful happening in a human life, and He is at once one’s Father, Mother, God and Everything. But, nevertheless, being fetish, and slight other Gurus who are also Embodiments of the same Guru Tattvam only implies that one has not seen the Light of the Grace and Love that is the Guru Tattvam.
Ji. Yes. Sri Bhagwan has taught that all Gurus are One and the Same.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:58 AM »
Dear devotees,

Sri Arjuna is so full of doubts and illusions. Lord Sri Krisnana reveals  the Truth and all Sri Arjuna’s doubts are dispelled AND MEMORY OF HIS TRUE NATURE RESTORED. Sri Arjuna does not has to traverse an arduous, torturous and serpentine path. Does he? What happens?
Sri Arjuna Says:
“nasto moha smrtirlabdha tvatprasadanmayacyta
Sthito’smi gatasandehah karisye vacanam tava”

“MY DELUSION HAS BEEN DISPELLED AND MY MEMORY RESTORED BY THY GRACE , O UNDECAYING LORD! I NOW STAND FIRM, WITH ALL MY DOUBTS CLEARED. READY TO EXECUTE THY COMMAND.”
Therefore, dear devotees, Lord Sri Krishna points out and Sri Arjuna, who is so reluctant to begin with, GAINS SMRTIRLABDHA (Memory restored).

DEAR DEVOTEES, SRI BHAGWAN’S ADVENT, IN MY VIEW, IS TO POINT OUT AND REVEAL THE SAME TRUTH. AND NOW IT IS FOR US TO GAIN THE SAME SMRTIRLABDHA, that is, to get our MEMORY RESTORED.
Who else is SADGURU RAMANA BUT SRI LORD RI KRISHNA HIMSELF.
AND WHO ELSE ARE WE, FULL OF DOUBTS, CONFUSIONS, ONES WHOSE MEMORY HAVE BEEN LOST, BUT SRI ARJUNAS OURSELVES?

Therefore, dear devotees, SADGURU RAMANA, PARMATMA, ALL PERVASIVE, ALL KNWING, IS HERE AGAIN, POINTING OUT THE BARE TRUTH.
It is for us, confused Arjunas, to HEAR the truth with rapt attention, and gain smrtrlabdha, and BE FREE.   

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
One great virtue that Sri Arjuna possessed that sets him apart from others is Shradha, Unquestionable, Absolute Faith, in Lord Sri Krishna’s Sacred Words and Utterances.

Dear devotees, Shradha  or Faith is absolutely essential for progress in the spiritual realm.
Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
Dear anil,

Yes. Sraddha and perseverance are required to pursue Self Realization in Sri Bhagavan's Way. Sri Bhagavan has said that we
are already the Self and so what we have to do is remember the forgotten Truth.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 10, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhawan has taught that if one realises the Inner Self, one realises that there is not an atom apart from the Self and ONE LOVES ALL EQUALLY AND THAT IS WISDOM, FOR SELF IS LOVE. On the contrary, worldly love postulates duality. When love is limited, and directed to one person OR a few persons only, it becomes desire. This desire prone love, sooner or later, creates suffering and not happiness.

Now what I wish to say is as follows:
We have been taught BY SRI BHAGWA to keep attention on the Self to make progress on the spiritual path. But Sri Bhagwan is also the Self and Self is Love, transcending duality. Therefore, having love for Sri Bhagwan and for one’s own Self are the same.  It also implies that if we love Sri Bhagwan in the heart and keep thinking of Him, we are sure to make progress or progress is assured. There is no doubt about that.   So, Love and devotion towards Sri Bhagwan is the manifestation of Divine Grace. MOREOVER, THE MORE WE LOVE HIM, THE MORE GRACE FLOWS TO US. This is how I have always felt.

Sri Bhagwan is the Self. If one concentrates even on His photograph, or an image of Him, He undoubtedly draws one towards Him and that means towards the Real Self, for Sri Bhagwan is none other than the Real FORMLESS Self

What I wish to convey is this that even IF WE HAVE LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR THE FORM OF SRI BHAGWAN AND SURRENDER TO HIM EVEN NOW, WHEN THE FORM IS NOT PHYSICALLY VISIBLE, HE WILL SURE TAKE US TO THE ONE FORMLESS  SUPREME REALITY.

We have discussed a lot that the Self cannot be known objectively as an object is perceived . Have we not?  But the Self can be perceived INDIRECTLY by having form of Sri Bhagwan in the mind, for Sri Bhawan is the Self.

Dear devotees, It follows from the above discussion that practicing Self-enquiry as taught by Him WITH LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR HIM, AND WHEN WE ARE NOT PRACICING ENQUIRY, ATTENDING TO HIM BY KEEPING HIS FORM IN THE MIND, IS CERTAIN TO ESTABLISH US  AS CONSCIUOSNESS SUPREME WHICH IS THE GOAL, RATHER SOONER THAN LATER. There is not an iota of doubt about that. It accelerates the INNER process of metamorphosis, CAUSING A GREAT INNER SHIFT IN  VALUES AND EMPHASIS,  and then we TRULY understand why Sri Bhagwan termed the Sadhana of Atma-vichara as the Direct and Straight Path. THEN WE TRULY UNDERSTAND WHY ADVANCED AND REALISED DEVOTEES OF SRI BHAGWAN UNDERSTOOD THE PATH OF ATMA-VICHARA, AS TAUGHT BY HIM, AS THE FUSION OF JNANA AND BHAKTI, KNOWLEDGE AND LOVE, A NEW REVELATION, MUCH MORE THAN THE ANCIENT PATH OF ENQUIRY  AS EXPLAINED IN OUR SCRIPTURES.

Thanks very much.

Pranam,
 Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 10, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
Dear anil,

Yes. Self Inquiry has got both Jnana and Bhakti aspects.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:41 PM »
Anil/friends,

"Sri Bhagwan is the Self. If one concentrates even on His photograph, or an image of Him, He undoubtedly draws one towards Him and that means towards the Real Self, for Sri Bhagwan is none other than the Real FORMLESS Self"

This has been the experience of many who did not even know who Bhagavan is and who have not even heard about Bhagavan and who were drawn by his photograph alone!

This is what the Mahayogi Tirumoolar says in his Tirumanthiram:

தெளிவு குருவின் திருமேனி காண்டல்
தெளிவு குருவின் திருநாமஞ் செப்பல்
தெளிவு குருவின் திருவார்த்தை கேட்டல்
தெளிவு குருவுரு சிந்தித்தல் தானே.

Clarity it is to see the Guru's Holy Form,
Clarity it is to chant the Guru's Holy Name,
Clarity it is to hear the Guru's Holy Word,
Clarity it is to muse the Guru's Holy Being

In The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna,The Master says:
As you recall your father by his photograph, so likewise the worship of the image reveals in a flash the nature of Reality

Wonderful post anil bhai.

Namaskar.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
Dear Sri Anil, I agree with Sri Ravi,this is wonderful post! Thats the way i came across Bhagavan,and it is even hard to explane how powerful efect His picture had on me. I agree that it is totaly not important that Bhagavan is not in His body anymore. That Power and Grace are always present,everywhere. He is our Sadguru,the God Himself,and the Power of His Silence and Arunachala are present here too! And,yes,there is no this path or that,they all are one same thing,Grace and Love,and we are going through all those paths. Like You said,all what we need is Faith and Love toward Bhagavan. Beautiful post indeed! Thank You Very much! With love and prayers,

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 10, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi, Beautiful poem and words of the Great Ones! There is the Great Power behind these pictures and look of Grace,the Power of Presence. With love and prayers,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
:Yes. Self Inquiry has got both Jnana and Bhakti aspects.

Arunachala Siva”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

This is why I wish to convey to those of us who say that the Vichara is dry and difficult as follows:
 WET THE VICHARA WITH NECTAR OF LOVE FOR THE SUPREME CONSCIOUSNESS, WHICH IS SAME AS  PARMATMA OR SRI ARUNACHALA OR THE SELF OR SRI BHAGWAN OR HARI. Then where is the impure mind? Impure mind gone, finished, PURE MIND MERGED IN THAT, there NEVER is the ignorance, there ever is the knowledge only.  Soon  we begin to understand the implication of Sri Bhagwan’s famous  Saying that  THERE EVER IS THE REALISATION ONLY,  AND NEVER NON-REALISATION.

Thanks very much, sir.

Pranam,
 Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 11, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:

This is what the Mahayogi Tirumoolar says in his Tirumanthiram:

“Clarity it is to see the Guru's Holy Form,
Clarity it is to chant the Guru's Holy Name,
Clarity it is to hear the Guru's Holy Word,
Clarity it is to muse the Guru's Holy Being

In The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna ,The Master says:
As you recall your father by his photograph, so likewise the worship of the image reveals in a flash the nature of Reality”

Dear Sri Ravi,

Ji. Yes.  Wonderful! What else can I say! Seeing the Guru’s Holy Form, chanting the Guru’s Holy Name, hearing the Guru’s Holy Word and contemplating the Guru’s Holy being are truly association with Truth Itself (Satsangha), bestowing Clarity which gradually ends the illusory subject-object relationship of the illusory world begetting myriad doubts and confusions. DWELLING IN THIS CLSRITY IS REVELLING IN THE REALITY WHICH IS ONE’S PERMANENT ABODE OR EXISTENCE.

Likewise, Sri Bhagwan and Sri Paramhamsa  have taught that worship of the Image strengthens  Sradha, that is, Faith with the capital ‘F’. Once the Sradha takes the form of Inner  CONVICTION, ONE IS SWALLOWED BY GRACE , REVEALING THE NATURE OF REALITY CONSUMING THE BHAKTA.

Dear Sri Ravi, I am overwhelmed with love by the manner of your response, addressing me as 'anil bhai'.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
Quote from Sri Jewell:
“I agree that it is totaly not important that Bhagavan is not in His body anymore. That Power and Grace are always present,everywhere. He is our Sadguru,the God Himself,and the Power of His Silence and Arunachala are present here too! And,yes,there is no this path or that,they all are one same thing,Grace and Love,and we are going through all those paths. Like You said,all what we need is Faith and Love toward Bhagavan.”

Dear Sri Jewell,

Yes. This Clarity of understanding is Itself the certain sign, as Sri Bhawan has indicated, of the manifestation of Divine Grace. 

Yes, Srimad Bhagavad Gita has taught that anything that has become a matter of faith in a man, unlike what is a mere belief, acts as the OPERATIVE Force, enthusing him to put the content of that very faith to practice and to endeavour towards realisation of the IDEAL that it presents. Therefore, ardour, sincerity and earnestness are the very stuff of faith. It is this understanding which enabled me to say that Faith with a capital is absolutely necessary for progress in the spiritual realm.

Dear Sri Jewell, your posts are very inspiring, to say the least. Indeed, you are truly graced.

Thanks very much.

Pranam,
  Anil