Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756801 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2580 on: October 30, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »
Quote from Sri Tushnim:
“I see Self inquiry as non-different from sitting with the God who is shining as Awareness within.
Just Sitting with that Lord, as in Dakshinamurthi stotram... vridha sishya, gurur yuvah... The Awareness
being ever Fresh and Young.”

Dear Sri Tushnim,

Yes.  It is, in my view, the same. There are stages in Enquiry. If one has reached a stage in Enquiry, when one is off the mental movement,  meaning that one’s mind has attained quietude and is attending to the Self without compulsive extroversion, it is certainly akin, nay, SAME AS SITTING WITH GOD WHO IS SHINING AS AWARENESS.   

Dear Sri Tushnim, I generally accept your view-points. But what I wish to convey is only this that as long as one ‘I am the body’ and ‘I am the doer’ ideas are still there –LINGERING, THEN ONE HAS NOT REACHED THE STAGE OF EFFORTLESSNESS IN ENQUIRY. If one still fees l that ‘I am writing, I am arguing, I am doing, etc.’ then one should not stop asking, “Who is the writer, Who am I?’ and come to oneself. The Enquiry should continue until one breaks or transcends the ideas, such as I am the body and I am the doer.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil     

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
Anil,
" I wish to convey is only this that as long as one ‘I am the body’ and ‘I am the doer’ ideas are still there –LINGERING, THEN ONE HAS NOT REACHED THE STAGE OF EFFORTLESSNESS IN ENQUIRY"

Absolutely.The acid test is the sense of mine and the attachments that go along with that.Many are the people nowadays who say that 'Ego' is unreal and there is no 'I' and that they are Self.
There is an interesting character in The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna,named Hazra.
Hazra would say:
"The world is unreal, like a dream. Worship, food offerings to the Deity, and so forth, are only
hallucinations of the mind. The aim of spiritual life is to meditate on one's own real Self."
Then he would repeat, "I am He." But, with all that, he had a soft corner in his heart for
money, material things, and people's attention".

He who knows Truth cannot not describe it and he who describes it does not know it.It is as simple as this.

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 01, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

What Sri Ravi had said is  true. The experiential bliss cannot be described. However, out of compassion, such Jnanis like
Sri Sankara and Sri Bhagavan came to the level of commoners/ seekers and taught the elements of truth.

There is a Tamizh saying, kaNdavar viNdialar, viNdavar kaNdialar - which means those who had 'seen' had not spoken of it.
Those who speak of it had not 'seen'.

I have given the story of the young bride who comes out of her nuptial bed in the morning explain the same thing. 

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 01, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

Sri Bhagavan used to give a jocular example. Once a thief went to steal something in the house. In darkness, when he was
trying to pick up some valuables, a scorpion, stung him,. Now will he cry? Will he not cry? If he shouts he will be caught.
But at the same time the pain (bliss) is unbearable. So he blabbers something. A Jnani's upadesa is also like this. But it is
not blabbering. It is also pearls of wisdom.

Arunachala 'Siva. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 03, 2012, 07:18:01 AM »
Dear Devotees,

I had a terrible road accident. If I am alive to report it today to you, it is great miracle. Al conditions suddenly appeared from nowhere which caused me to get dashed brutally by a truck in front of my office in Patna. But all conditions simultaneously also appeared from nowhere which saved my body from getting cruelly crushed.  I survived the terrible accident only with bruises and scratches all over my body.  Wonder of wonders is that in spite of such a major accident no limb is fractured, nor is there any deep wound anywhere and bruises and scratches are healing fast. Only two wounds, one in the right hand and the other in the right leg may take some longer time to heal.
Dear devotees, I had decided to conceal this major accident from you, but something within me prompted me to report it to you. While the accident was occurring, I knew in a flash that I am going to die, but I had not been afraid in the least. But what has disturbed my peace is this that at the same spot next day my office staff got dashed by a truck in exactly the similar manner , but he was brutally crushed and he died instantly at the spot.

Dear devotees, having reported the tragic incidence, I wish to assure you that there is now no cause for anxiety and I am healing fast bodily as well as mentally.
Perhaps Sri Arunachala Ramana does not want me to cancel the trip to South India this time which  starts on 9th Nov. I had planned this visit a month back which includes a cherished visit to Sri Bhagwan’s Abode.  However, I have surrendered to My Guru and Bhagwan utterly and wish to go there where His Grace takes me.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 03, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
Anil,
I am relieved to know that you escaped with minor injuries from a terrible accident.It certainly is Divine Grace that has protected you.
Accidents do not happen but are caused;sometimes there is a possibility of occult forces behind such things,and a chain of incidents will get reported which may appear as coincidences.
It is quite clear that Sri Bhagavan's Grace has proved to be a sheet anchor in protecting you.
Wish you speedy recovery and a wonderful journey to tiruvannamalai.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 03, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
Sri Anil Ji,

Glad to know you are safe and fine and recovering quickly. I was wondering you were absent for couple of days. Bhagavan's grace... he's is around, always around :)

with prayers and wishes,

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »
Anil Ji - What else can I say reading your incident except one things - The whole universe lines up to save someone who is destined to follow Bhagawan's path.

Welcome back
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
Dear Anil.

I am very very happy to note that you have escaped from a serious accident, but for minor injuries. Arunachala Ramana
has always been with His ardent devotees. He will bend the praradbha in the manner that it creates only a minor problem
in lieu of a major. Trust in Him. That is we can do.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Dear Sri Anil, I was thinking where are You yesterday,and even searched for Your post. I am Very happy that You are good now! Bhagavan Grace is Always with You,and Bhagavan Himslef,i am sure of that! And it is so true what Sri Sanjay said! So true. Whatever is the reason we,with Bhagavan,are stronger than Anything! I wish You from All my heart very fast recovery! With love and prayers,

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 03, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »
Glad that all went on fine anil garu.

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 03, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »

Dear Anil

I too am very pleased for you but what came over to me  was what has disturbed your peace. If your office colleague left his body in almost identical circumstances the following day then all the more so  must you be regard yourself as a survivor.  And we learnt how problematic this can be for many who have lived in circumstances where  others have not done so.
The question is "Why me ?" - and that must be true for all of us who have experienced the grace to know of Bhagavan and become his prey. Yet we know from him that this is the wrong question  - the "me" must be dissolved in his presence. That our time has not yet come for our sojourn here must encourage us further to do the little we can do according to his word.

Thank you for your sharing - it is indeed very good that you are with us.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 03, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »
Dear Anilji,

I am glad you are okay by Bhagavan's grace. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Tiruvannamalai.

A quote from Padamalai, Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, Recorded in Tamil verse by Sri Muruganar.
 In order that your needless anxieties cease, make sure that all your burdens are placed on me through the brave act of depending totally on grace.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 04, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Thanks very much to you all for showering love and sharing my pain and concern.  I feel that by His Grace, which saved me from certain death in the first place, would also enable me to be quite well or be well enough to undertake the Journey to South India and Holy Tiruvannamalai which commences on 9th of this current month.
Heart-felt love and thanks to you all once again.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: November 04, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
   Did you study Annamalai Swami ji's Living by the words of Bhagavan and Final Talks ? In Living by the words of Bhagavan there are some Q&A sessions towards the end ... These are particularly useful for a sadhaka trying self inquiry. I find them to be wonderful pointers. Please take a look or relook as is the case  . I am sure you will enjoy that.

Infact I have the feeling that no one understood Bhagavan Ramana's teachings as perfectly as Annamalai Swami. I always refer to his teachigns when i get a doubt on what Ramana meant in a particular situation. Annamalai swamiji's grasp and simplicity is exceptional.

Dear Sri Tushnim,

Yes. I have read ‘Living by the Words of Bhagwan’ and ‘The Final Talk’. I think that I have read everything written about Sri Swami in Sri Bhagwan’s books within my knowledge.
Yes, I have not come across a single word of the great and the realised devotee that contradicts my own understanding of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching in the least. HE IS THE QUINTESSENCE OF DEVOTION AND DISCIPLESHIP. BUT AT THE SAME TIME, IN MY VIEW, SO IS THE DIVINE POET OF SRI BHAGWAN’S DIVINE COURT, SRI MURUGANAR.

Besides, dear Sri Tushnim, there are other great devotees of Sri Bhagwan, such as Sri Sadhu Om, Sri Lakshamana Sarma, and many others, whose insights, in my view, are invaluable for the understanding of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching.     

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil