Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 759285 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2565 on: October 27, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Quote from Sri Atmavichara:
“Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service unto Me—the distressed, the inquisitive, the desirer of wealth, and the one who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute."

The distressed and desirer of wealth are in Majority and the inquisitive and searching for knowledge of absolute are in Minority and you know now why Pseudo Gurus are mushrooming a lot .They focus on the Majority as that is where the Market is “.

Dear Sri Atmavichara,

Yes. You have very nicely and intelligently demonstrated, by citing the Gita Verse, why pseudo gurus are proliferating of late.  In this materialistic age, there has been a perceptible increase in the number of the distressed and more and more people are getting drawn irresistibly to the lure of physical prosperity, leading to spiritual bankruptcy. So, there is no doubt that market comprising of the distressed as well as desirers of gold and glitter is in place, ready to be exploited by the bogus gurus. WHEN MARKET IS FULL OF BUYERS, PRODUCTS ARE BOUND TO BE MADE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET, AND BUSINESSMEN WOULD, FOR SURE, LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED TO TARGET IT.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: October 27, 2012, 12:27:04 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Sri Bhagvan has said: Where can I go? I am here!

These words are true at the Truth Itself. His Presence is felt inside the Asramam, every where. Particularly in Old Hall
and Samadhi Hall.

In Guru Ramana Vachana Mala, Sri Lakshmana Sarma (WHO) says: The Jivanmukta who is childlike in his freedom from
passions and pure from the extinction of possessiveness and egoism, is never away  from the lap of the Mother of All,
which is rightfully his.  (342)

Arunachala Siva.     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: October 27, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Victory to the flowery feet,
like red lotus-blossoms,
dripping with nectar,
of Him whose generous nature is such
that He does not shrink from revealing Himself
to those who love Him.
 V. 133-34, Ramana Puranam

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. Thanks very much, sir.
I read in a book on Sri Bhagwan that on the occasion of Sri Bhawan’s Nirvana,  an absurd title appeared in the ‘Saturday Evening Post’ reading ‘I saw a God die.’
The journalist who inked this eye-catching title should have known better, FOR IT IS AKIN TO SAYING THAT GOD IS DEAD AND NEEDS A SUBSTITUTE IN BODILY FORM !
Dear sir, one must understand who and what the Sadguru is. Shedding off the body of a Sadguru cannot be the cut-off point in the relationship between the Sadguru and His devotees. IT CONTINUES. HAS HE NOT SAID THAT THE GURU’S PREYS ARE ALWAYS HIS ONLY, HOLDING IT TIGHT FOR MANY LIVES AND DEVOURING AT THE RIGHT TIME WHEN THE DEVOTEE IS RIPE AND READY FOR SELF-REALISATION.
Sri Bhagwan : What is this talk of Guru, Grace, God, etc.? The Guru who is God or Self incarnate works from within, guides him on the right path until he realises the Self.

Moreover, dear sir, I am not ready to accept even the death of His physical body,  FOR HIS BLAZING EYES, SPELL-BINDING SMILE AND A THOUSAND MOODS OF SRI BHAGWAN’S FACE IN HIS NUMEROUS PHOTOGRAPHS EVER KEEPS ONE REMINDING THAT HE IS HERE WITHIN AS WELL AS WITHOUT. I have not seen a dead person’s photograph radiating so much God, Light and Peace.

TTHEREFORE, HE IS THE SADGURU OF THE AGE IN THIS SPIRITUALLY DARK AGE.

RA-MA-NA
THIS MAGNETIC THREE SYLLABLED NAME IS HERE FOR ALL TIMES TO COME, JUST AS CERTAINLY AS THE NAMES, SRI RAMA, SRI KRISHNA, LORD BUDHA, ETC. Far from its charm diminishing, it is sure to grow with time as is evident. The magnetism of the Name is sure to draw more and more new hearts and preys, sweetening their lives no end.

Pranam,
  Anil     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: October 27, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »
Dear Anil,

Ramana is ever living Guru, only His mortal coil has been shed.

Ra-ma-na, the very Name will help us to overcome ma-ra-na.  He is Death to Death.  He is deathless.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »
Quote from Sri Tushnim:
“What has Ramana to do with his mortal coil ? He is the bodiless awareness which is ever present as the guru Dakshinamurthi himself.
He is neither body-wise nor space-wise limited.
Infact he is in us as Awareness. So no question of even the least distance from him.”

Dear Sri Tushnim,

THAT IS THE SUBLIME TRUTH WHETHER ONE ACCEPTS IT OR NOT.

Nothing can gladden my heart in all the three worlds as much as the above insight. You have inked my own feeling and experience. This is exactly what I wished to convey through post, re.-2724. Thanks very much.
How true is the above quoted insight can be gauged from the fact that when one focuses one’s attention on Sri Bhagwan, OR INVOKES HIS PRESENCE, one ends up being one with the ‘AWARENESS WITHIN’ , ONE ENDS UP BEING ONE WITH THE SUBLIME FEELING OF ONE’S BEING, EXISTENCE.  ONE ENDS UP BEING ONE WITH THE BLISS SURGING IN THE HEART.
Yes, dear Sri Tushnim, you have said it beautifully indeed.  He is neither body-wise limited, nor  He is limited space-wise, FOR IF WE COMPARE HIM WITH SPACE, HE IS CHIDAKASA.
Yes, He is in us as Awareness and therefore question of even the least distance from Him does not arise.
HE IS INDEED GOD AND  LIVING GURU OF THE AGE FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM, WORSHIP HIM.

Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: October 28, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »
Dear Tusnim, Anil,

I said that Sri Bhagavan is a living guru, though He has shed His mortal coil.

The idea behind these words is: Many many devotees, in spite of Sri Bhagavan telling that not only He but everyone is
only Awareness and not the body/mind complex, always looked upon His mortal frame as Guru and prayed to Him and asked
Him clarifications for their doubts. The fact that I had mentioned is proven by this happening: When Sri Bhagavan left His mortal
coil and after Samadhi functions, many resident devotees started vacating Asramam/ Tiruvannamalai.  It took almost more than
two years for some of them to come back. This is reported by Arthur Osborne.

Arunachala Siva.       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:31 AM »
RAMANA’S  FIGURE—HIS NAME—IS  A  WINDOW  FOR  THAT  STILLNESS,  SILENCE. YOU  CAN  LOOK  THROUGH  THAT  WINDOW  NOT  MERELY  FOR  A  HUNDRED  YEARS  BUT  FOR  ALL  TIME  TO  COME.
                                                                          Swami Sri Dayananda 

Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“I said that Sri Bhagavan is a living guru, though He has shed His mortal coil.

The idea behind these words is: Many many devotees, in spite of Sri Bhagavan telling that not only He but everyone is
only Awareness and not the body/mind complex, always looked upon His mortal frame as to Him clarifications for their doubts. The fact that I had mentioned is proven by this happening: When Sri Bhagavan left His mortal
coil and after Samadhi functions, many resident devotees started vacating Asramam/ Tiruvannamalai.  It took almost more than
two years for some of them to come back. This is reported by Arthur Osborne.”

ABSENCE
Lonely they go,
The simple folk whose sunlight was His smile,
Who loved His laughter and deep silences
 And gracious ways,
Hungry they go, who fed on Grace,
As Ramana,
Whose only doctrine was their love of Him.
Life holds henceforth an endless emptiness,
Though filled with Grace.
Silent they sit before His tomb,
Or pace around.
Bereaved they go in a sad life;
And well I know
The heart-ache for the living graciousness
The outer world will never hold again
For eye of ours.
Ji. Yes. Sri Arthur Osborne composed above poem which amply reflects the state of mind of many devotees immediately after the Samadhi Shrine ceremonies were over. They loved Him too dearly to accept and envisage a situation in which His bodily presence would be absent. Therefore, when the Mahanirvana happened many devotees were plunged in deep gloom and despair. Life lost meaning for the time being.
Sri Cohen writes: It looks as if we are on the eve of the Doomsday, the eve of a day on which we are destined to be deprived of everything we hold worth living for…. Our refuge, our hopes, our greatest treasure, the precious life of the master. 

Sri Wolter Keers pinpointed the problems with such desolate devotees thus:
“Now that my master is no linger there as a talking, visible being. I am lost; and there seems to be no one who can enlighten us”

The Famous Writer Sri Chalam has recorded that nearly all the inmates and many devotees, who had settled in Ramana Nagar, left Tiruvannamalai soon after Mahasamadhi. They were unable to face the vacuum.

Sri Osborne: “The crowds dispersed and the asharam seemed an abandoned place, like a grate with fire gone out. And yet there was not the wild grief and despair that so often followed the departure of a Spiritual Master from earth. The normality that had been so pronounced still continued. It began to be apparent with what care and compassion Sri Bhagwan had prepared His devotees for this. Nevertheless, during those first days and weeks of bereavement few cared to remain at Tiruvannamalai, and some who cared to could not.”

Dear sir, ji, yes, from the above, I have gathered that the scenario after Sri Bhagwan’s Mahanirvana was indeed gloomy.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: October 29, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »
RAMANA’S  FIGURE—HIS NAME—IS  A  WINDOW  FOR  THAT  STILLNESS,  SILENCE. YOU  CAN  LOOK  THROUGH  THAT  WINDOW  NOT  MERELY  FOR  A  HUNDRED  YEARS  BUT  FOR  ALL  TIME  TO  COME.
                                                                          Swami Sri Dayananda 

PRESENCE

There was no emptiness, no cause for tears,
When I went back to Arunachala
And trod the ways that for these many years
Shone with God’s Grace in the form of Ramana.
And then, I sat in silence, as of old,
Before him. Like a sudden wave
His mighty Peace surged through me to enfold
In knowledge-Being beyond birth and grave.
Ineffable, beyond the range of thought,
The timeless Peace that from His presence flows:
Even vaster now the wealth of Grace He brought
THROUGH HUMAN FORM AND FORMLESS NOW BESTOWS.
                         Sri Arthur Osborne

Dear Devotees,

When the sickness threatened to be fatal, some devotees besought Sri Bhagwan to put it away with the plea that they were utterly dependent on Him, and that they needed His continued Grace and Guidance,  that they could not carry on their sadhana without Him, Sri Bhagwan’s Answer was curt and to the point, “ YOU ATTACH TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THE BODY.”

Therefore, dear devotees, for those who think that Sri Bhagwan lives  NOW IN ANY LESS REAL WAY since the body’s end, that His Guidance is in any way broken or weakened, THAT HE IS IN ANY LESS COMPLETE SENSE THE GURU, the answer is THEY ATTACH TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THE BODY. This is Sri Bhagwan’s final and conclusive answer to such doubting devotees.

BUT IS THIS THE SAME ACTUAL GUIDANCE BY SRI BHAGWAN.
Sri Osborne: It is, and in the most direct and personal way.  Indeed the guidance seems more active now than formerly in those people who meditated little before but were contented rather to feast their eyes upon Him and listen to the sound of His voice, are now being drawn more and more to sit in silent meditation before the Samadhi and to gather together in the old hall REDOLENT WITH HIS PRESENCE. AS SOON AS ONE SITS THERE, IT IS NOTHING VAGUE OR DEFUSSED ONE FEELS, BUT THE SAME INTENSE STIRRING, THE SAME LIFTING UP, THE SAME BLISSFUL CERTAINTY THAT WAS FELT UNDER HIS WATCHFUL EYE, THERE IS THE SAME VARIATION FROM DAY TO DAY IN MODE AND POTENCY OF GUIDANCE, THE SAME RESPONSE TO DEVOTION AND TO ANY EARNEST PLEA FOR HELP.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan’s Grace was never confined to Tiruvannamalai. HIS GRACE FLOWED THEN AND FLOWS OUT NOW UPON ALL WHO TURNED TO HIM. To imply that the Guidance was and is confined to Tiruvannamalai alone, formerly and now respectively, IS INDEED ATTACHING TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THE BODY. IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT NOW, AS FORMELY, THERE IS A GREAT BEAUTY AND POTENCY  IN A VISIT TO TIRUVANNAMALAI AND SRI RAMANASRAMAM.

SRI BHAGWAN’S GRACE GOES OUT TO ALL THOSE WHO INVOKE HIM WITH LOVE AND DEVOTION IN THE HEART.  However, he is not less gracious to those who make the effort to reach Him at Tiruvannamalai and Sri Ramanasramam. THERE ONE CAN FEEL AND SENSE HIS POURING OUT AN ABUNDANCE OF GRACE AS BEFORE.

Sri Paul Brunton write in 1970 thus:
“Forty years have passed since I walked into His abode and saw the Maharshi….I can truthfully declare that His face, expression, figure and surroundings are as vivid NOW as they were THEN. What is even more important to me is that during my daily periods of meditation, the feeling of His radiant Presence is as actual and as immediate TODAY as it was on that first day.”

THIS IS BECAUSE, SRI BRUNTON CONCLUDES, SRI BHAGWAN IS PURE CHANNEL OF A HIGHER POWER.

Dear devotees, DO WE, devotees of Sri Bhagwan now, NEED SUCH TESTIMONIALS FROM GREAT DEVOTEES, WHO MOVED WITH HIM IN PERSON, TO KNOW AND EXPERIENCE THAT HIS MUNIFICENT GRACE FLOWS OUT TO ALL THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND MEDITATE ON HIM IN THE HEART? Are we ourselves not that testimony?     
Do we not feel His Radiant Presence, actual and immediate, when we invoke Him?
HE IS HERE IN PATNA, IN TIRUVANNAMALAI, THAT IS, HE IS EVERYWHERE, AND MOST OF ALL HE ABIDES IN OUR HEARTS, AWAKENED LIVING INNER GURU.
YES. AWAKENED  LIVING  INNER  GURU!
Thanks very much.
Pranam
  Anil

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »
Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan’s Grace was never confined to Tiruvannamalai. HIS GRACE FLOWED THEN AND FLOWS OUT NOW UPON ALL WHO TURNED TO HIM. To imply that the Guidance was and is confined to Tiruvannamalai alone, formerly and now respectively, IS INDEED ATTACHING TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO THE BODY. IT IS ALSO TRUE THAT NOW, AS FORMELY, THERE IS A GREAT BEAUTY AND POTENCY  IN A VISIT TO TIRUVANNAMALAI AND SRI RAMANASRAMAM.

Very true .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: October 29, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
Dear Anil,
     :) Infact we should consider ourselves lucky... our God is Ever Available as Awareness. We have continuous darshan of our God !
Ramana/Dakshinamurthi is ever present as Awareness ... Ever available... :)
What can be more joyous ?

This is  what Bhagwan himself said to Annamalai Swami as not to get attached to his form and Sri Sadhu Om has also reiterated this many times in his teachings on Bhagwan .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: October 29, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
Dear Anil,

While Sri Bhagavan's Presence is felt everywhere, no doubt, His Presence is directly experienced in the Old Hall. Even today,
I am seeing many ardent devotees spend hours before Sri Bhagavan's photo on the couch and meditate to their heart's content.
Sri Bhagavan's Presence can be felt all over the Asramam. But His Presence is felt to the greatest extent in the Old Hall, where
He conducted His court for more than 30 days. It is there many stalwarts, like Chadwick, Cohen, Kunju Swami, Suri Nagama, and
others were listening to His golden words, pearls of wisdom.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 29, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

I think it is the powerful vibration from a place where Jnani lived. It is like a garbha griham of a temple.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

Yes. It is also the case with Old Hall in the Asramam, where we get a feeling that this floor is where great devotees
sat before Sri Bhagavan for several years every day.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 30, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »
Quote from Sri Tushnim:
“   Infact we should consider ourselves lucky... our God is Ever Available as Awareness. We have continuous darshan of our God !
Ramana/Dakshinamurthi is ever present as Awareness ... Ever available... 
What can be more joyous ?”

Dear Sri Tushnim,

Yes. We are. For Sri Bhagwan we speak of cannot be the body or a person who existed at some time in some place. ALL IS AWARENESS. ALL IS BHAGWAN SRI RAMANA.
Sri Bhagwan is the Eternal Grace that is always giving, Sri Bhagwan is the Eternal Light that is always burning. 
Therefore, dear Sri Tushnim, you have said it beautifully. TRUE AWARENESS OF SRI BHAGWAN IS TO BE AWARE OF THIS INNER TRUTH.  True worship of Sri Bhagwan is to be aware of the AWRENESS within.

He, that is, AWARENESS, is never separate from us. He is always present, inside us and in front of us. WHAT IN FACT WE ARE DOING IS COVERING OUR VISION WITH OUR OWN SELF-INFLICTED IGNORANCE CALLED EGO. And there is no doubt that this self-inflicted ignorance is a mere thought, an idea.
‘I am the body’ and ‘I am the doer’ are the illusory ideas that are hiding Sri Bhagwan from us. ‘I am the doer’ idea is concomitant with the ‘I am the body’ idea. If this one idea is done away with for once and all, we shine as the Self.   

Quote from Sri Tushnim:
“My understanding is that Vedanta as taught by Shankara is exactly equivalent to the Sayings and teachings of Bhagavan. That is why I stress on studying Vedanta again and again, one sees several points of vedanta get clarified when we read Ramana's works and even vice versa.”

Dear Sri Tushnim, BHHAGWAN SRI RAMANA IS THE SACRED VEDANTA. So, it is the same with me. The only difference is you stress on studying the Vedanta again and again. I stress on studying and assimilating Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching over and above everything else. I see no contradiction in this. 

Quote from Sri Tushnim:
 “ I think its also got to do with our reverence for Bhagavan. When we go to such places, we feel very special feeling of being in his presence and that aids us in being better established!
I have not gone to arunachalam, but I visited dakshineshwar temple an Belur math. One can really feel the presence there. It could be due to my own devotion to the guru under consideration. Or may be some special vibrations. What ever the case those places have a sanctity -that cannot be questioned.”

Dear Sri Tushnim, my experience is also the same. I have been to Sri Arunachalam and Sri Bhagwan’s Abode several times. You can gauge the spiritual power and potency of the Holy Place by the truth that I, right now, cannot think of a single word accurately to describe my state of Awareness while I am in Bhagwan is His Abode. THE ENTIRE PLACE INCLUDING THE SACRED HILL IS SO GREATLY SPIRITUALLY CHARGED THAT INTROVERSION HAPPENS NATURALLY AND SPONTANEOULSY. IRRESTITABLE POWER OF THE PLACE CANNOT BE DENIED.

Thanks very much.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 30, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
While Sri Bhagavan's Presence is felt everywhere, no doubt, His Presence is directly experienced in the Old Hall. Even today,
I am seeing many ardent devotees spend hours before Sri Bhagavan's photo on the couch and meditate to their heart's content.
Sri Bhagavan's Presence can be felt all over the Asramam. But His Presence is felt to the greatest extent in the Old Hall, where
He conducted His court for more than 30 days. It is there many stalwarts, like Chadwick, Cohen, Kunju Swami, Suri Nagama, and
others were listening to His golden words, pearls of wisdom.

I think it is the powerful vibration from a place where Jnani lived. It is like a garbha griham of a temple.

Yes. It is also the case with Old Hall in the Asramam, where we get a feeling that this floor is where great devotees
sat before Sri Bhagavan for several years every day.

Ji. Yes. Who can deny? However, I wish to share my experience that when I sit in the Old Hall for meditation, sooner than later, I feel that some irresistible force is compelling me to sit instead in the Samadhi Hall where I feel as if a great inundation  for me. I must admit that while I am in the Ashram,  a thought keeps coming to the effect that I should meditate in the Old Hall where He conducted Divine Court for more than thirty years. But while I am in Sri Ramanasaramam, I remain either sitting and meditating in the Samadhi Hall or looking or meditating on Sri Arunachala from wherever He is visible. Buying books from the Book-depot, Giri Pradakshina and worship in the Great Temple are the only other activities in which I engage myself during the stay at the Holy Place. We indeed are fortunate, sir, as Sri Tushnim has mentioned. Sri Bhagwan showered His Grace on us and made us aware of God within ! JI. YES. WHAT GOOD FORTUNE!

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil