Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756583 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #2370 on: September 28, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »
sir if you have a body , he has it too.
if you do not have a body, he does not have it too.

Let us find the One who has the body :) and not get lost focusing on body :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:09 PM »
Sir please tell me how to find out "who has  a body"

I dont know, Tushnim. If I knew I wont be here :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: September 28, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
Dear all,

Sri Bhagavan made this statement on some occasions to say that God has no body. God or Self is formelss. Then when
someone said, 'I do have a body!"  Sri Bhagavan answered: Do you have a body? If that is so, where does it go while
in deep sleep?  In other words, we also do not have a body and we are thinking we are having a body. The body is a
phantom. It is like a puppet. There is Consciousness, the puppeteer inside, which makes the puppet walks and dance.

On another occasion Sri Bhagavan said: Body-less- ness is a foregone conclusion! It is a bundle of flesh, bones, blood,
nerves and skin. Suppose a man meets with an accident, and loses his two limbs, does he cease to live? Will he look
at the amputated legs lying on a basin with chemicals and tell: O, here are my legs! Or do the legs say, " I am Subramanian!'.       

Body has come in a solid form as a total effect of prarabdha karmas. It is made active for 60 or 70 or 80 years by the
Self (chaitanya) within.  The body is not eternal. Because that which appears sometime and does not appear some other time,
is not Real. Whereas, the Real or Reality is ever present, eternal , never takes birth afresh and dies.

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: September 28, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Does anyone in the group know this ? May be we can wait for them to help us with this some ideas or clues ?

yes. except two issues:

1. Someone else's method is of no value to another :)
2. This is not something on which one can afford to "wait" :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
How do you know sir that somene else's method is of no use ? since you yourself said that you do not know it ??

Tushnim - The first step in this journey is believing in the words of Great ones like Acharya Swamigal and Sri Bhagawan. Believing in such an extent that your brain and mind refuses to question fundamentals. I am not sure how one cultivates that - may be it comes when one takes multiple janmas to reach there. Dont worry about what I said. I may say something, contradict something, words may mean something to you and something else to me etc. Great ones have told this. Not me. Bhagavan in many stories tell this directly and indirectly when you interfere and extrapolate what others did.

About me - agian, I cannot even ever question what Upanishads and Brahma Sutra says. My brains refuse to question it. I dont know it is right or wrong. May or may not - but that is where they are now.

and indeed its true that we cannot "wait" on this. So what should we do sir? Please explain.

"Summa Iru" is all I can say. It works - as I am immensely peaceful and happy in the middle of some of the worst personal and family problems I am going through - which I may not be able to solve myself in this lifetime for sure. So I know Summa Iru works... hence I can say. But can I explain it to you or someone else why and how it works? No. I cannot. That is why I said - my method may not work for you.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: September 28, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

What Sri Bhagavan has said is immensely true. It can be followed by ALL. Otherwise He would not have said this
repeatedly throughout His fifty four years of life in T'malai.

1. Why we are not able to remain summa? It is because our mind is crowded with millions of thoughts. If one could
remove these million thoughts one can definitely remain Summa.

2. Why did He put forth the question Who am I? for sincere sadhakas, they should be able to find this question answerless
and their mind should immediately go inside and remain curled up in the Self. Since most of us are not able to turn the mind
inward, the mind always jumping out towards world, people and other things, we are not able to find the answer for this
answerless question.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »

Dear tushnim,

1. Mind has to remain Summa.

2. A Jungle of thoughts come due to our mind constantly jumping out. It needs chitta suddhi. The mind should be purified either
by self inquiry or surrender.

3. There are so many thoughts because our mind is full of this unwanted substance. Again chitta suddhi is required.
Chitta suddhi can be achieved by repeating day and night a god's name. This one thought will kill all other unwanted
thoughts.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: September 28, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

Who said 'Mind is necessary to communicate? Sri Bhagavan killed His mind at the age of 17. Did He not communicate, write poetry?

A beautiful explanation has  been given by Muruganar in Guru Vachaka Kovai in Verse 1139:

If it is asked, 'We actually see the Jnani performing actions. How can actions be performed in the absence of the sense of doership?
You should be convinced that because his inner attachment (the ego / mind) is dead, he has God  Himself residing in his Heart and
performing those actions.

Again Sri Bhavavan says in Day by Day, 5th May, 1946 entry:

And if it is held that a man cannot be considered a Jnani so long as he performs actions in the world, (and action is impossible
without the mind), then not only the great Sages who carried on various kinds of work, after attaining Jnana must not be
considered Jnanis, but the gods also, and Iswara Himself, since he continues looking after the world. The fact is that any amount
of action can be performed and performed quite well, by the Jnani without his identifying himself, with it, in any way, or ever
imagining that he is the doer. Some Power acts through his body and uses his body to get the work done.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 28, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

1. Suddha Manas or Pure Mind is one where there is not even a single thought.  It is clear as a mirror.

2. Annamalai Swami has said so because if you definitely conclude  that the world is unreal, and be permanently in that
state, thoughts may come and go and they do not affect you. You are like a Sun and thoughts are like clouds and clouds
do not affect the Sun. In fact, the Clouds re seen only because of sun.

3. What advaita bodha deepika says is that only the form aspect of the mind (that is, its gross thought forms) are dissolved.
The formless aspect, the mirror form - clean mind is retained. That is why, when Echammal cried for loss of her foster daughter
had died leaving a small baby, Sri Bhagavan also cried. The cry is from the formless clean mind.    When He was narrating Manikkavachagar's story, He cried and could not proceed reading further. His mind was a mirror and it was reflecting the
emotions picturized in the story. When GVS reported his wife's death, though He did not cry, He looked at GVS with a great
compassion. When Nayana's death was informed,  He made an emotional statement: How can one see people like Nayana?
When Sivaprakasam Pillai merged with Arunachala and the news came, He said: Sivaprakasam Pillai became Siva Prakasam,
and remained in intense silence for many minutes. These are all the emotions reflected by the mirror like suddha manas.
A Jnani is not a stone.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 28, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

In the seat of Summa Iru.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 28, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

Thoughts do not catch you. You grab the thoughts.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: September 28, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Dear tushnim,

Remove the clutter of existing thoughts., do not grab further thoughts. First remove the unwanted garbage from the room.
Then, do not add new garbage.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: September 28, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
Dear Tushnim,

That is due to Vasanas. Vasnas also would go with self inquiry.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

I have just gone through all the replies that you posted yesterday under this topic and I am very happy to admit that, in my view, they all are very apt and they all were framed in the light of Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching. Thanks very much, sir.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: September 29, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
To understand anything there must be the Self. The Self is obvious. Why not remain as the Self? What need to explain the non-self?
                                                                                                    Sri Bhagwan

Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan says: (What follows is an excerpt from the Talk—392.)

Take the Vedanta for instance. They say that there are fifteen kinds of prana. The student is made to commit the names to memory and also their functions. The air goes up and is called prana; goes down and is called apana; operates the indriyas and is called something. Why all this? Why do you classify, gives names and enumerate the functions, and so on? Is it not enough to know that one prana does the whole work?
The antahkarana thinks, wills, reasons, etc., and each function is attributed to one name such as mind, intellect, etc. Has anyone seen the pranas or the antahkaranas? Have they any real existence? THEY ARE MERE CONCEPTIONS. When and where will such conceptions end?
Consider the following: 
A man sleeps. He says on waking that he slept. The question is asked: ‘Why does he not say in his sleep that he is sleeping?’ The answer is given that he is sunk in the Self and cannot speak, like a man who has dived in water to bring out something from the bottom. The diver cannot speak under water; when he has actually recovered the articles he comes out and speaks. Well, what is the explanation?

Being in water, water will flow into his mouth if he were to open the mouth for speaking.  Is it not simple? But the philosopher is not content with this simple fact. He explains, saying that fire is the deity presiding over speech; that it is inimical to water and therefore cannot function ! This is called philosophy and the learners are struggling to learn all this ! IS IT NOT SHEER WASTE OF TIME? Again the Gods are said to preside over the limbs and senses of the individual. They are the limbs and senses of Virat. So they go on explaining Hiranyagarbha, etc. Why should confusion be created and then explained away? AH ! FORTUNATE IS THE MAN WHO DOES NOT INVOLVE HIMSELF IN THIS MAZE !
I WAS INDEED FORTUNATE THAT I NEVER TOOK IT. HAD I TAKEN TO IT, I WOULD PROBABLY BE NOWHWERE—ALWAYS IN CONFUSION.  MY PURVA VASANAS (FORMER TENDENCIES) DIRECTLY TOOK ME TO THE ENQUIRY “WHO AM I?” IT WAS INDEED FORTUNATE.

Dear devotees, there is no need to explain the non-Self. Search for unreality is fruitless. Instead, Sri Bhagwan teaches to seek the reality, i.e., the Self. That is the way to rule over the mind. THERE IS ONLY ONE THING REAL! That Reality alone is permanent, constant and eternal. That Reality must be held on to firmly to ascertain the ephemeral and transient nature of the relative existence.

Thanks very much.
    Pranam,
       Anil