Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 757633 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #1995 on: July 23, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
Quote:
“Silence itself is another name for Self Awareness.  And that is the infinite non dual Space. It is the abode of Bliss.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

The Poet of the Divine Court of Sri Bhagwan, Sri Muruganar sings His Experience thus:

“Know well that the experience of Bliss exists only in Self and never in this life of delusion, and hence achieve Self-knowledge, which is the Space of Grace and the final state of Supreme Silence.”
                                 V. 238, GVK, Cited from Sri Ramanasramam Diary, 2011

Non-dual Space, Space of Grace, Space of Consciousness, Space of Bliss, etc., are all synonyms, alluding to the same Truth, that is, the State of the Supreme Silence of the Self.
On the use of the word ‘space’ Sri Sadhu Om comments that since space is all pervading, vast, abundant, and subtle, Sri Bhagwan uses the word ‘space’—as in ‘Space of Grace’, Space of Consciousness’, ‘Space of Bliss’ etc., -to indicate the idea of all-pervading vastness, abundance, and subtlety, which are all qualities of Self.

Dear sir, Self-awareness of what?
AS PER MY FEELING AND UNDERSTANDING, IT IS SELF-AWARENESS OF SELF-EXISTENCE WHICH IS THE ABODE OF BLISS. NAY, I SHOULD SAY THAT SELF-AWARENESS OF SELF-EXISTENCE IS SELF-BLISS. THEREFORE, IT FOLLOWS—THAT SILENCE IS SACCHIDANANDA.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
   Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
Shining Supreme!
If we scrutinise all the religions
that look so different,
we find no contradiction in their purpose.
They all are your sport.
Just as all rivers discharge into sea,
they all end in the ocean of mauna.
                      Sri Thayumanavar

Dear Devotees,

Silence is of four kinds:
Silence of speech
Silence of the eye
Silence of the ear
Silence of the mind
Sri Bhagwan says that only the last is Pure Silence and is the most important. So, by mere silence of the tongue, Real Mouna cannot be achieved. Keeping the mouth shut but at the same time going on writing something or the other on bits of paper is just another form of mental activities.

“When the ego that takes the filthy and impermanent body to be ‘I’ ceases, Mauna, Ultimate Truth, arises in the Heart. Is not the mere silence of the tongue observed by those who do not know this Mauna, and who are without the self-enquiry that leads to Jnana, just setting up a talking shop of the mind? Answer me.”
                                      V. 1200, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman

Dear devotees, primary means for achieving  the Pure Silence is Jnana-Vichara or the SWARUPA-VICHRA. THE PRIMARY AND INFALLIBLE MEANS IS TO CLING TO ONE’S SWARUPA, THE SELF, THROUGH THE ENQUIRY ‘WHO Am I?’

Therefore, to be absorbed through Enquiry, or surrender of the self, in the Non-dual State of Pure Silence, is the Supreme Truth.

Silence is an intense activity. Sri Bhagwan says in the ‘Spiritual Instruction’ that Maya which cannot be destroyed by any other act is completely destroyed by this intense activity which is called ‘Silence’. Hence, Antara Mouna or the inner Silence is intense activity, contrary to general perception of Its being inert and indolent, which is performed with the entire mind and without break.

“Non-action is unceasing activity. The sage is characterised by eternal and intense activity. His stillness is like the apparent stillness of a fast rotating top. Its very speed cannot be followed by the eye and so it appears to be still. Yet it is rotating. So is the apparent inaction of the Sage. This must be explained because the people generally mistake stillness to be inertness. It is not so.”
                                                                                               Talk—599

Therefore, dear devotees, the apparent stillness of the Sage is like the apparent stillness of the fast rotating top. On the other hand, however much a jnani talk, He is still the Silent One. However much He might work, He is still the Quiet One. HIS VOICE IS THE CORPOREAL VOICE. HIS WALK IS NOT ON THE EARTH, IT IS MEASURING THE SKY WITH THE SKY.

Thank you,
  Anil 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 24, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
Dear Anil,

Attention to the Self with in-turned mind and the merging in the Self itself is Awareness.  The Self is Brahman. Awareness is
prajnanam.  So Prajnanam brahma, says the Mahavakya.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 24, 2012, 04:04:14 PM »

Quote:
“Attention to the Self with in-turned mind and the merging in the Self itself is Awareness.  The Self is Brahman. Awareness is
prajnanam.  So Prajnanam brahma, says the Mahavakya.”

We live in an illusory world of duality. The words, Consciousness, Knowledge, Awareness, etc, imply duality. It is to avoid this ambiguity that Sri Bhagwan has taught that meaning of these words should be taken as ‘Presence’ only.
“The three words, liquidity, sweetness, and coolness, which are not opposed to each other, refer only to single substance, water, which is unique. Likewise, though The Self is described as Sat, Chit and Ananda, as if It has three different natures, upon keen investigation, these three words will be known to refer only to the Self.”
       V. 979, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman

Sri Muruganar comments that the Atma-Swarupa is, in Itself, totally without attributes. It is therefore not possible to take Sat, Chit and Ananda as three different aspects of the Self.

Existence, Consciousness and Bliss are not really three, but One and the same. I wish to convey that being conscious (Chit) of one’s own Existence (Sat) is Itself Bliss (Ananda). Bliss is the very nature of the Existence-Consciousness or the Sat-Chit. Sri Sadhu Om comments that ‘knowing (Chit) oneself to be the Reality (Sat) is Bliss (Ananda). And knowing oneself, the Self, to be the body is the wrong knowledge which is called mind’. In other words, the knowledge (Chit) of Self, one’s own Existence (Sat) is itself Bliss (Ananda).

Sri Bhagwan says that because we are in the phenomenal world that we speak of the Self as Sacchidananda. In truth, Sat-Chit-Anada is said to indicate only that the Supreme is not asat, not achit, and not anananda. Therefore, from the stand-point of Absolute Truth, even three aspects—Sat, Chit and Ananda—cannot be attributed to the Self. And from the stand-point of  ignorance, Chit, and Ananda only are obscured making them appear as particulars. Sri Bhagwan has said that Maya cannot obscure Sat. It is Great Benevolence that Sat is not fully obscured and is within the experience of all as ‘I am’ which acts as the raft to reach the State of Self-Knowledge.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 24, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Dear Anil,

I agree with you. How to name it? For want of suitable words of that experience - we call it Awareness, Bliss etc.,

In fact, when Sri Bhagavan attained Self Realization in Madurai house, for quite some time, He could not name it.
He thought that some disease has afflicted him and that too is a happy disease!

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 24, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
Quote:
“I agree with you. How to name it? For want of suitable words of that experience - we call it Awareness, Bliss etc.,

In fact, when Sri Bhagavan attained Self Realization in Madurai house, for quite some time, He could not name it.
He thought that some disease has afflicted him and that too is a happy disease!”

Ji. Yes. I have read that before Sri Bhagwan attained Self-Realisation in the Madura House, He didn’t know even what Brahma-Jnana is. It was only after He Reached Sri Arunachala that He is said to have acquired vast erudition by explaining to His early devotees the essential teaching from the holy books. His Enlightenment enabled Him to understand at once, at a mere glance, what was expounded in them.

Ji. Yes. The EXPERIENCE is egoless Natural State which is Pure Silence, transcending thoughts, words and speech.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 25, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »
Guru, the Lord of Jnana, who is the power of the unlimited greatness of the Self, is the Supreme Silence which completely defeats the worthless arguments of those who are stained with the delusion of worldly desires.
                                                                               V. 280, Guru Vachaka Kovai

Dear Devotees,

An excerpt from the ‘Power of the Presence’, Part Two:

Sri Bhagwan’s language was that of silence. The ‘speech’ delivered through this medium was full of miraculous potency, as the following anecdote reveals.
When He was staying in Virupaksha Cave, a district Collector and a Deputy Collector came there for His darshan. After prostrating to Sri Bhagwan, the Collector began to speak, narrating at length all the sadhanas he had done and all the spiritual literature he has read. At the end of speech he confessed that in spite of all these activities peace was far from him as it has ever been.
As soon as he has finished, the Deputy Collector began to tell his own story. It was equally long. These two speeches took quite a long time to deliver, but Sri Bhagwan did not interrupt them even once.
He continued to remain in silence even after the speeches had ended. The Collector gave up waiting for a reply and delivered yet another long speech. Sri Bhagwan listened in silence and continued to remain in silence when the speech was over.
The Collector, not unnaturally, was a little put out by Sri Bhagwan’s unresponsiveness.
He said, in an aggrieved tone of voice, ‘We have been speaking to you for a long time, but you don’t open your mouth at all. Please tell us something. Anything, however brief, will do’.
Sri Bhagwan finally spoke to them, saying, ‘All this time I have been speaking in my own language. What can I do if you won’t listen to it.’
The Collector was an intelligent man, well versed in spiritual matters. He caught the meaning of Sri Bhagwan’s cryptic reply. Suddenly overpowered by devotion, he fell down at the feet Sri Bhagwan and chanted a Sanskrit verse from Sankaracharya’s Sri Dakshinamurti Stotra:

“Look at the wonder under the banyan tree! While the disciples are old and gry-haired, the teacher is a blooming youth. And though the Master’s speech is simple silence, the doubts of the disciples are all resolved.”

Both of the visitors then abandoned their speeches and questions, preferring instead to sit before Sri Bhagwan in silent meditation. They got the peace they had come looking for and departed fully satisfied.

Dear devotees, ‘Silence is the perennial flow of language which is obstructed by speech.’ It best works through Silence.  By speaking Its Power is reduced. Silence is most powerful.

Thank you,
   Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan's silence and its power has been  mentioned by all devotees.

Kavayakanta Ganapati Muni says in Ramana Chatvarimsat (Forty Verses in adoration of Ramana):

Skilled in controlling the vacillating senses, He is an adept in recognizing the merit of others. Reposing in
a concentrated silence devoid of any pretense, His strength is a threat to the terrifying lust and anger.

(Verse 3)

Today is the Day of Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni's merger with Arunachala.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 25, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »

Thanks very much, sir, for informing that today is the Day of Sri Ganapati Muni’s merger with Sri Arunachala. I had not been so aware of the importance of this day. Sri Bhagwan’s devotees owe a lot and will remain ever indebted to Sri Muni. It was he who gave Sri Bhawan the Name “Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi”. He composed such gems as Sri Ramana Gita, Sat Darshanam, Sri Raman Chatvarimsat, etc., which seekers of Truth will always like to savour and assimilate. 

On this Day, therefore, I would like to remember him with following Verses from Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat:

Now when righteousness has been destroyed, when the three worlds are in turmoil of evil, when people vainly bandy about knowledge in terms of words, and when the very existence of the Supreme Lord, the Father, is in vacillation and doubt, who else but you could be the refuge of good people, O Peacock borne, in the mask of men.
                                                    V. 18, Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat

Having arrived at the secret birthplace of the ‘I’, He has cast away the differentiation. He shines verily as the Self of all animate beings having distinct and divergent conceptions. He is resplendent as the one seizing by His glory the body and all this universe. Oh ye men! Bow down to Him, the brother of Ganapati, the Master , embodied.
                                                     V. 21, Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat

Sri Muni regarded Sri Bhagwan as his brother because he believed that Sri Bhawan is none other than an Incarnation of Sri Ganesha’s brother Sri Guha!

SIRE , IF THY GRACE IS THERE, WE WILL EXPEREINCE IN OUR HEART THAT SPOTLESS ONE INSIDE THE ‘I’.
                                                     V. 25, Sri Raman Chatvarimsat

O, the Lord of the learned, compassion is no attribute of thine. It is verily the natural splendour of the light in thy heart.
                                                       V. 28, Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat

STRIKING AT THE ‘I’-THOUGHT OF THESE HUMAN BEASTS, YOU COOK THEM AND HAND THEM OVER TO THE SUPREME SIVA AS FOOD.
                                                       V. 32, Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat

I bow down to Bhagwan Ramana, the Master who destroys the darkness spreading in the hearts of men, not solely by His words but also with His sidelong glances of compassion.
                                                         V. 33, Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat

Though in this great moment, when the play of the Force has started, O Ramana, my God, I happen to be far away from Thy Feet, even so, my Lord, I am not sad in my mind, as I believe in Thy foremost Force far reaching like the brilliant light of the sun.
                                                          V. 38, Sri Raman Chatvarimsat

Originally, Sri Muni is said to have planned to compose one hundred verses, but at the time of Sri Muni’s passing away in 1936, the verse totalled only forty! Perhaps it was ordained to be so.

Regards,
  Anil                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 25, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
Dear Anil,

Nice. Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni was a scholar extraordinary. He was well versed in mantra sastras, astrology, extempore poetry
writing, and above all a great devotee of Sri Bhagavan. It is he who named the tirtham (the well near the Samadhi Hall) as
ahasamana tirtham, the water that shall keep the ego in a state of silence. He also started a biography of Sri Bhagavan but
could not complete. He wrote 8 verses on Mother Azhagamma, on her merger with Arunachala. These verses are called
Aryamba Ashtakam.

Somehow he put his fingers in too many things. Congress movement, renewing the system of Vedic sacrifices, giving upadesa of
mantras to Harijans, etc.,

His complete works have now come in several volumes and are sold in Sri Ramanasramam. His Uma Sahasram, Sanskrit - English
is also available in Sri Ramanasramam.     

Sri Muni considered Sri Bhagavan as an avatara of Skanda and he took pride in calling himself Ganapati, the elder brother of
Skanda.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 26, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »

When a great Guru comes, with Him are ordained divinely to come Hordes of Right persons and Devotees. They appear to come as a matter of course, but nevertheless, they are destined to come to assimilate His Teaching and to disseminate the same to the potential devotees at large.

So, it is not surprising then that first comes Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai who was one of the early intellectuals among Sri Bhagwan’s devotees and puts straight away  mysteriously the most profound existential question, “Who am I, Swami?”
Then comes Sri Ganapati Muni followed by many, many other equally illustrious devotees—Sri B. V. Narsimha Rao, Sri K. Lakshamana Sarma, Sri Muruganar, Sri Paul Brunton, etc. VERY INTRIGUING INDEED!

Dear sir, ji, yes, Sri Aruther Osborne also observes that altogether outstanding among the devotees was Sri Ganapati Muni. He writes in the ‘Ramana Maharshi And The path Of Self-Knowledge’ about Sri Muni thus:
‘He was a man of towering ability that would have placed him in the very forefront of modern writers and scholars had he had the ambition and that would have made him a great Spiritual Master had he totally lacked ambition, but he fell between the two. Too much turned to God to seek  success or fame, he was nevertheless too anxious to aid and uplift mankind to escape from the I-am-the-doer illusion.’

Dear sir, I always marvel that Sri Bhagwan came to give ‘Darshan’ and teach to modern man the Straight Path, the Path of Atma-Vichara, and lo! here appears mysteriously Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai, EXISTENTIAL QUESTION “WHO AM I?” ALREADY EATING INTO HIS VITALS.   STAGE IS SET AND READY FOR THE GREAT REVELATION:

Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai: Who am I?
Sri Bhagwan : The real I is not the body, nor any of the five senses, nor the sense-objects, nor the organs of action, nor the prana, nor the mind, nor even the deep sleep state where there is no cognition of these.
Sri Pillai: If I am none of these what else am I?
Sri Bhagwan : After rejecting each of these and saying ‘this I am not’, that which alone remains is the ‘I’, and that is CONSCIOUSNESS.
Sri Pilaai: What is the nature of that Consciousness?
Sri Bhagwan : IT IS SAT-CHIT-ANANDA (EXISTENCE-CONSCIOUSNESS-BLISS) IN WHICH THERE IS NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST TRACE OF THE I-THOUGHT. THIS IS ALSO CALLED MOUNA (SILENCE ) OR ATMA (SELF). THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT IS. If the trinity of world, ego and God are considered as separate entities they are mere illusions like the appearance of silver in mother of pearl. God, ego and world are really SIVASWARUPA  (THE FORM OF SHIVA) OR ATMA-SWARUPA (THE FORM OF SPIRIT).
Sri Pillai : How are we to realise that Real?
Sri Bhagwan : WHEN THE THINGS SEEN DISAPPEAR THE TRUE NATURE OF THE SEER OR SUBJECT APPEARS.
Sri Pillai : is it not possible to realise That while still seeing external things?
Sri Bhagwan : No, because the seer and the seen are like the rope and the appearance of a serpent therein.  Until you get rid of the appearance of a serpent you cannot srr that what exists is only the rope.
Sri Pillai : When will external objects vanish ?
Sri Bhagwan : If the mind, which is the cause of all thoughts and activities, vanishes, external objects will also vanish.
AND MIND WHICH IS ONLY THOUGHTS WILL VANISH BY ENQUIRY INTO NATURE OF ONE’S BEING. 

THEREFORE, THE PURPOSE OF SRI BHAGWAN’S ADVENT IS TO UNRAVEL AND REVEAL TO MODERN MAN THE PATH OF ATMA-VICHRA IN ITS MODERN AVATARA, SUITTABLE PERFECTLY TO BE PURSUED IN THEMODERN TIMES OF SKEPTICISM.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 26, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
Dear Anil.

Nicely said. As the king goes out for procession, automatically his army men, ministers, commanders accompany him.
So also with a Jnani. Sri Bhagavan was all by Himself in the early years of Virupaksha Cave. Slowly Pazhani Swami, Uddandi
Nayanar, Kavyakanta, Sivaprakasam Pillai, B.V, Narasimha Swami, Akhilandamma, Mastan Swami, Ramanatha Brahmachari,
Kunju Swami,  Echammal, Muruganar, G.V. Subbaramiah, Devaraja Mudaliar and finally Sri Sadhu Om and others came.

Now we are not observing liberation day for everyone. Why? It is because of their carry bags of vasanas. Some with
very little content in carry bags got realization. Muruganar, Echammal, Sivapraksam Pillai and others. For some others
the carry bags were quite heavy. They might have perhaps reborn in a nobler birth and pursued their goal.  Who knows?

Cow Lakshmi and Mother Azagamma belong to another class. They were taken care of by Sri Bhagavan. And grace was
poured aplenty on these two because they were naive and guileless.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 26, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »

Ji. Yes. And Sri Annamalai Sawmi was another great devotee whose carry bag contained very little content.
Sri Sawmi is said to have shared a room for more than a year with Sri Chadwick. Sri Swami narrates in the ‘Living by the Words of Bhagwan’ that they used to frequently walk around Sri Arunachala together, usually taking the forest path rather than the outer road. On these occasions Sri Swami used to regale Sri Chadwick with stories from the Yoga Vasishta and Kaivalya Navanitam while they walked.

Sri Swami: During one of our pradakshinas the strap on one of Chadwick’s sandals broke. This was a great disaster for him because he was unable to walk on the forest path without footwear. He sat down and started to call ‘Arunachala! Arunachala!’ in a loud voice. A few seconds later we heard an answering call: ‘Om Arunachala !’ The caller, a local shepherd, appeared from behind a rock and asked us why we had been calling.  I explained that Chadwick had just broken his sandals, and I showed him the broken strap. The shepherd came to our rescue by repairing it with two nails which he prised from his own sandals. A few minutes later he left us, saying that he had some goats to
look after. Chadwick narrated this incident to Bhagwan when we returned to the asharam.
After telling him the story he concluded by saying, ‘I called on Arunachala, and Arunachala came to help me.’
Bhagwan agreed with him: ‘Yes, Arunachala Himself came to help you.’   

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 27, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“Self is Sivam (Sivam is Consciousness and not Siva which is a personal God), and Mind is Sakti, goddess or just
as energy you can take it. The mind only goes outwards. Mingles with the world and get into all sorts of troubles. This is Sakti's
sports. Who are we to blame Her sports? Can the puppets get sulky with the puppeteer? No. Never. But one good thing is, if
you turn the mind within, then this Sakti stops all Her sports and guides you to merge in Sivam, Consciousness. She becomes
a guide, and that is Grace. This Grace takes you to realize the Self. The Self is achalam, non moving; but Sakti is chalam, constantly
moving here and there. How our forefathers have named the mind as Sakti's sports, is it not something remarkable?  But the same
sporting lady stops her sports and becomes the Grace, and sends you in. That is why, a Guru's Grace is said to push you inward.

The energy is also feminine. In Christian community, they name the girl babies as Grace, Mercy etc., There is some inner meaning
it.

When the mind merges into Consciousness, it becomes Siva-Sakti.  That is the end of the game.

That is why in Saiva Siddhantam, the saints pray Siva-Sakti together. Saint Manikkavachagar says:

You (Siva) are keeping your consort (Sakti) within you. Sakti keeps you within her. Both of you, please remain in my
Heart. And first make me to be in the midst of your devotees. And then grace me to reach you along with those devotees.
(Kovil Mootha Tirupadigam, Tiruvachakam.)”         

The above excellent and  beautiful quote is from your posting yesterday under the topic ‘Fundamental question about the mind’. From the time I have read it, I have been meditating on it only, and subsequently following response took shape from within:
SRI BHAGWAN HAS SAID THAT EACH ONE SEES HIS OWN SELF ONLY, ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE. HE FINDS THE WORLD AND GOD ACCORDING TO WHAT HE IS.
Dear sir, we all admit Sakti’s creation. What is the nature of the Creatrix? Sri Bhagwan says that it can only be in conformity with the nature of creation. The Creatrix  is of the same nature as Her creation.
Lets understand the import of the following conversation:
D. Are there degrees of illusion?
Sri Bhagwan : ILLUSION IS ITSELF ILLUSORY. Illusion must be seen by one beyond it. Can such a seer be subject to illusion? Can he then speak of degrees of illusion ?
There are scenes floating on the screen in a cinema show. Fire appears to burn buildings to ashes. Water seems to wreck vessels. But the screen on which the pictures are projected remains unscorched and dry. Why?
Because the pictures are unreal and the screen is real.
Again reflections pass through a mirror; but the mirror is not in any way affected by the quality or quantity of the reflections on it.
SO THE WORLD IS A PHENOMENA ON THE SINGLE REALITY, WHICH IS NOT AFFECTED IN ANY MANNER. REALITY IS ONLY ONE.
Sri Bhagwan says that all discussion about illusion is due to difference in the angle of vision. IF WE CHANGE THE ANGLE OF VISION TO ONE OF JNANA, WE FIND THE WORLD TO BE ONLY THE SELF ONLY.
BEING NOW IN THE WORLD, WE SEE THE WORLD AND GET CONFOUNDED. IF WE GET BEYOND IT THIS WILL DISAPPEAR AND THE REALITY ALONE WILL SHINE.

Dear sir, I wish to emphasise that above teaching must be understood imperatively by all earnest seekers of Truth because SRI BHAGWAN HAS TAUGHT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REALISE THAT WHILE STILL SEEING EXTERNAL THINGS:
Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai: How are we to realise that Real?
Sri Bhagwan : When the things seen disappear the true nature of the seer or subject appears.
Sri Pillai: Is it not possible to realise That while still seeing external things?
Sri Bhagwan: NO, because the seer and the seen are like the rope and the appearance of a serpent therein. Until you get rid of the appearance of a serpent you cannot see that what exists is only the rope.

So, we must be done away with the appearance of the snake to be aware of the existence of the rope. Therefore, the earnest seekers of Truth must take the world appearance as unreal and illusory till Realisation. On Realisation, everything is found to be the Self only, for in Reality there is nothing but the PRESENCE, THE SELF, THE REALITY.
Hence, Maya is the Sakti of illusion premised in Siva. And has no independent existence. HAVING BROUGHT OUT THE ILLUSION OF THE WORLD AS REAL, SHE CONTINUES TO PLAY UPON THE IGNORANCE OF THE VICTIMS. When the reality of her not being is found She disappears.

Dear sir, I wish to coclude this post with following words of Sri Muruganar:
That which exists is only the Heart, perfect consciousness. Since this is so, is not the great maya unreal? Isn’t it ashtonishing the way the jiva is bewildered by being bitten by the snake—the false mata, the mind?
          V. 597, GVK, Edited by Sri D. Godman
Sri Bhawan : The power of maya is a false, shadow-like power, which is not inherent in the nature of the Self. All the activities, subdivided into creation (creation, sustenance, destruction, veiling and Grace), exist only as attributes of that maya.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »
Dear Anil,

Excellent. I wish ramana 1359 also reads this post of yours, to understand the concept of mind and the Self.

Sri Bhagavan used to say:  The world is there? Unless you see it, how can the world be there?  The world does
not come before you and say: I am here, please see me!  No.

So mind is said to be the power of Sakti or goddess. But EGO IS TOTALLY OURS. OUR CREATION. DUE TO VASANAS.

Like Sri Ramakrishna said: There is a lamp. With that lamp one can read Srimad Bhagavatam. One can also make out
a false document (to rob the property of some one else). Now is the lamp responsible for the false document? No.

Arunachala Siva.