Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756845 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #1935 on: July 01, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
Quote from Sri Subramanian Sir:
“This advent of Sri Bhagavan was only grace the people and not punish them. Even Perumal Swami was graced and not
punished. When Perumal became a pauper and very sick, Sri Bhagavan told the people to send some kanji (gruel) to where
he was staying.
When some devotees asked Sri Bhagavan, why He could not take action against some erring devotees, Sri Bhagavan said:
I have come here to grace the people. If I start punishing then not even a crow would fly over the Asramam.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. Very nice, sir.  Sri Bhagwan’s Advent was to grace the people and not punish them. And, therefore, it follows that His Advent was the Embodiment of Grace.
Dear sir, Sri Bhagwan is the Self and not any particular physical form. I wish to add that since He is the Self, it is immaterial whether He is in the body as before Mahasamadhi  or bodiless as He is now. Since Sri Bhagwan is the Self, He is in all places at all times, for ever. He is in Tiruvannamalai as well as in Patna. He is everywhere. IF ONLY WE TUNE OURSELVES TO SRI BHAGWAN’S WAVE LENGTH, LIKE WE RECEIVE RADIO SIGNALS BY APPROPRIATE TUNNING, WHICH MEANS ABIDING IN THE SELF, WE CAN BE AWARE OF HIM BROADCASTING GRACE WHEREVER WE ARE. If we tune ourselves to Sri Bhagwan’s wave length, i.e., abiding in the Self, we receive guidance wherever we are. There should be no doubt whatever about that.

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

Note: Dear sir, as you may be aware, I am a government servant, but my mind is not in the service at all. I wish to resign, but I am not in a position to do so. Perhaps, this is Sri Bhagwan’s Will. I request you to kindly put up with delay in my response, for some time, in the Forum. Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 01, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I often hear that it takes hundreds of years to realise the Self. But certainly this is an erroneous notion. Sri Bhagwa has taught that our very concept of time is one of things that is holding us in bondage. Time is the function of the mind. We have to understand that there is no time in the Self and hence liberation cannot be said to come after a period of time.
“Liberation comes when one understands and experiences that THERE IS NO ONE WHO WANTS LIBERATION. This understanding that truly there is no one who desires liberation arises when the mind and its in-built ideas of time and space have ceased to function.”
In fact, therefore, we don’t need any time at all to realise the Self. If we think about time and start to worry about realising the Self, our attention will be on the mind and not the Self. We must remember that we can make progress only while the mind is on the Self.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught Direct and Straight Path of Self-enquiry to make progress while the mind is on the Self. Can there ever be a better method to keep the mind on the Self and make progress?

Thank you,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 02, 2012, 08:13:39 AM »
A boat is not harmed at all by remaining in water, but if water leaks into the boat, there will be a great disaster. Likewise, no harm befalls a person merely by living in this ocean-girdled world. But, if the world settles in his heart, calamities will multiply, making his whole life miserable.
                                                          V. 822, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman
It is natural for a pot that takes in water to sink in water, but not a block of wood that does not absorb water. In the same way, only those who remain with their minds attached to the world will get drowned in samsara, but those who remain without clinging to the world will not get deluded, drowned and ruined in the ocean of samsara, even though their bodies are caught in it.
                                                           V. 823, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman

Dear Devotees,

The Poet of Sri Bhagwan’s Divine Court, Sri Muruganar, says that there is no harm in living in the world so long as the world does not live within you.
So, it is only the attachment towards the world, and not the world itself, which constitutes the bondage of the temporal existence. ATTACHMENT IS CAUSED BY THE MIND, AND NOT BY WHAT IS OUTSIDE OF US. All attachment is rooted in the ego only. Desire to enjoy the world alone is responsible for all our miseries. When this desire to enjoy the world goes away by Vichara, no harm will befall one by merely living in the world.
Dear devotees, all kinds of attachment, including even the attachment to one’s own religion, are rooted in the ego ONLY. EGO IS NOTHING BUT ATTACHMENT TOWARDS ONE’S OWN BODY AS ‘I’, AS THE SELF. Sri Muruganar says that if, due to attachment to one’s own religion, one turns one’s attention outwards to argue against other religions, one will only be strengthening one’s sense of identification with the body. Every desire pertains to the ‘I am the body’ idea only and its satisfaction strengthens sense that one is the body.

Therefore, the only right way is to turn within and know one’s True Nature, thereby rooting out the ego. ‘KNOW THYSELF’ IS THE ESSENCE OF ALL RELIGIONS.

From Talk—317
Devotee: If only vasanas for enjoyment do not obstruct the state of realisation and if one can look upon the events of the world without his state of bliss being disturbed, it means that attachment alone is bondage.
Sri Bhagwan: Yes. Quite. Attachment is bondage. Attachment disappears with the elimination of the ego.
Therefore, ‘either relinquishing the ego in a all consuming complete surrender to His Feet, or turning within, searching its Source, and merging into it for once and all’, is the RIGHT WAY.   

Thank you,
  Anil 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 02, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Attachment is the Bondage, But how to live in this world without attachment., They say 'like water drops on a lotus
leaf.' The water drops are on the leaf but not fully attached to it. One should live in this world like that - do all the world
activities but not get attached to them, Poet Muruganar says this Tiruchuzhal  Padigam, in Sri
Ramana Sannidhi Murai.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 03, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
“Attachment is the Bondage, But how to live in this world without attachment., They say 'like water drops on a lotus
leaf.' The water drops are on the leaf but not fully attached to it. One should live in this world like that - do all the world
activities but not get attached to them, Poet Muruganar says this Tiruchuzhal  Padigam, in Sri
Ramana Sannidhi Murai.”

Ji. Yes. Attachment alone is the bondage, and not the engagement in activities in the world. On e must be free from all attachments at heart. Then engagement in activities in the world cannot affect one’s True Repose because of perfect clarity with which shines such one’s mind. Sri Muruganar sings that it is unwise to cling to this wonderful but utterly false world for refuse or for happiness and thereby getting drowned in it. Instead it is wisdom to renounce the world inwardly like a shell of a tamarind fruit and forget it totally. Tamarind fruit is separated from its shell even while it is in the shell and remains unattached to it. Likewise, even while in the world, mind should separate itself from the world and remain unattached to it. Instead, if the mind clings to the false world for happiness, it will drown in it like a pot that takes in water.

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 03, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »
Dear Devotees,

If one is free from all kinds of attachments, it also means that one is free from the suttarivu, or objective consciousness and attention. All religions of the world teach, “Know the truth of thyself.” And certainly, ‘truth of thyself’ is not located outside in the second and third persons and in this and that in the world. Therefore, the real meaning and intention of the great scriptural statement is only to make one give up the objective attention which is the false knowledge BECAUSE THE ‘TRUTH OF THYSELF’ EVER SHINES IN EVERYONE AS ‘I AM’, LIKE THE SUN. So, the real intention of ‘Know thyself’ is to turn our attention towards the ever-known ‘I am’, and thereby doing away with attention towards second and third persons. “Know thyself’ is not intended to make us know anything new. So, if we merely eliminate objective attention, that itself makes it clear that we ever are the Self only.

Dear devotees, Self is not revealed when we seek to know It as an object through the objectified attention or the extroverted mind. CESSATION OF EXTROVERSION OF THE MIND ITSELF IS ITS INTROVERSION. Self shines forth when extroversion ceases.

Thank you’
   Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: July 03, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan says: All thoughts are tied in a string called I thought.  If you take that sting and go within, asking Who am I?
Where from I sprouted?, then after practice, the I thought would merge in the Heart Cave, where there will be self effulgent I, I, I.
This is Atma Jnanam. This is Silence. This is the place of experiential bliss.   

(Atma Vidhya Kirtanam)

Arunachala Siva.     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »
One cannot hope to measure the universe and study the phenomena. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.  For the objects are mental creations. To measure them is similar to trying to stamp with one’s foot on the head of the shadow cast by oneself.
                                                                  Sri Bhagwan Ramana

Dear Devotees,

Since the universe includes the world of atoms as well, obviously what Sri Bhagwan taught about the attempt to measure the universe applies equally to the world of atoms also. Trying to seek Reality outside of oneself is futile. For, the farther one moves the farther the shadow does also.The whole universe including matter is only an object created by the mind and has its being in the mind.

Therefore, dear devotees, claim that they have discovered the God particle is akin to the knowledge of the seven blind man of the elephant.
Even scientific study reveals that matter is a phenomenon now. And one cannot hope to measure the universe and study the phenomena. No, we can never find the true Higgs Boson or the God particle which is supposed to provide mass to the energy and which is responsible ultimately for the creation or formation of the universe. It can never be measured or ascertained as an exterior entity, FOR ITS BEING IS IN THE MIND. And mind is only a bundle of thoughts. Space is the counterpart of the mind and the objects in the space are the counterpart of the thoughts in the mind.

Achild sees his own shadow and tries to hold the head of the shadow. As he tries to catch it the head moves farther. The child struggles. The mother of the child pities. So, she takes hold of the hand of the child and keeps it on his own head and tells the child to observe the head of the shadow caught in his hand.
Therefore, the right course to know the reality of the matter and the universe is not to spend billions of dollars in an experiment involving more than 100 nations and 1000 scientists. THE RIGHT COURSE TO ASCERTAIN THE REALITY OF THE PHENOMENA IS TO ASCERTAIN OUR OWN REALITY, THAT IS, ASCERTAIN OUR ATMA-SWARUPA. RIGHT COURSE IS REACHING THE SELF BY ENQUIRY AND SURRENDER AS TAUGHT BY BHAGWAN SRI RAMANA.

HENCE, WE NEED NOT BE EUPHORIC ABOUT DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF ONESELF, WHATEVER THAT MAY BE, FOR IT ALL IS MIND’S WHICH WE ARE SEEKING TO DESTROY.

Thank you,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Dear Anil,

One can find some particle, Higgs or Boson and call it God particle. But God particle is not God.  Because God is not outside.
He is  within, hrudayaguhara madhye... says Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 07, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »

Ji. Yes. I mean the same. They would certainly discover  some particles, name one of them as Higgs Boson and naively call it God particle. But so called God particle can never be God Himself, for He abides in all hearts as ‘I’. In truth, there is no electron, no proton, no neutrino, no nucleus, no Higgs, no Boson, NO PARTICLE—APART FROM SELF OR GOD. 
Dear sir, even Quantum Physics now says that there is no electron; only there is the probability of its appearance or presence in a certain region.  Atom has turned therefore ghostly now. Obviously even science is not able to establish the existence of matter itself. Every thing is massless energy, Shakti, or the manifestation of Sri Arunachala Ramana.

Thanks svery much, sir.

Regards,
 Anil 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 07, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. The subatomic particles are under two theories. Both may be true, One is corpuscular theory. That is particles are corpuscles
with definite mass.  But another is Wave Theory. These are only in the form of waves, without any specific mass at any time.
Now another finding is, The particle may remain as a corpuscle or a wave, depending on the observer!  One observer may see
it as corpuscles and another standing nearby may see it as wave!  Who is important here?  The observer. The Seer.

Seer is alone is Real and all else are unreal or mithya.

Sri Bhagavan conversed with Swami Siddheswaranada about Einstein's Relativity theory, General Theory. It is worth
reading. It is in some volume of the 8 volume Arunachala's Ramana - Boundless Ocean of Grace.

Arunachala Siva.       

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 08, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
“Seer alone is Real and all else are unreal or mithya.

Sri Bhagavan conversed with Swami Siddheswaranada about Einstein's Relativity theory, General Theory. It is worth
reading. It is in some volume of the 8 volume Arunachala's Ramana - Boundless Ocean of Grace.”

Ji. Yes. From the stand-point of the Reality, or esoterically speaking, none of them is true, neither dual nature of sub-atomic particles—corpuscular or wave, nor Quantum, nor relativity-special or general.
As for Sri Einstein’s relativity, as I remember, Sri Bhagwan is said to have obseved that obsever himself should not be forgotten. 
Seer alone is true. Nay, there is no seeing for the Self. Seer or Witness implies existence of duality—seer and seen, witness and witnessed. Therefore, Seer or Witness should be understood as mere Presence, that is, ‘I AM’—EXISTENCE-CONSCIOUSNESS-BLISS.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 08, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Only so long as one thinks that a measurer exists separate and independent of the undivided Self will both measure and measured appear as if real to one’s objectifying consciousness. If the measurer turns his outgoing attention on himself and enquires ‘Who am I?’, he will be dissolved in the Self, his real nature, becoming one with it. Then, at that very moment, both measure and measured, losing their relativity, will also be totally destroyed along with him.
                                      V. 528, GVK, Edited by Sri David Godman

If the measurer turns his outgoing attention on himself and enquires who he really is, realises the truth and the measurer himself ends up as a false entity. If the measurer himself is false, what is measured by him must be false also. Self alone is the True Eye—Eye of the eyes. Therefore, the right course is to become clearly aware of the Self with the Eye of the Self Itself and be still. Sri Muruganar says that measuring endlessly the non-Self with the illusory mind-consciousness and false measuring instruments such as the inert eye in the inert physical body is like watering the wild weeds which is obviously a waste.
Sri Muruganar sings:
What is the measure that can delineate being-consciousness, through the shining of which in the Heart the entire range of measurer, measure, measured and measuring is illumined?  Everything is measured by the illusory mind with the imaginary standard of measurement of time and space. The measurer (the mind), the objects of measurement as well as the actual act of measuring are all unreal and mere thoughts. These imaginary thoughts appear so real in the ephemeral world! But they seem real only in the Presence, that is, in the Presence of the Self, falsely appearing to be arrogating to themselves the Existence-Consciousness of the Self.
Therefore, Self is the Self. It cannot be known by objective mind-consciousness in imaginary space and time—God particle notwithstanding. That is for certain.

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 08, 2012, 06:30:34 PM »
Dear Anil,

Quite nice. Basically one should avoid kartrutvam and bhoktutvam while dealing with himself. All karmas can be done without
doership and enjoyership.  Secondly when one deals with others, he can deal with them without raga dvesha, love or attachment.
Just as it.

Yes. Measurer is true. All measured things are falsity.  Once some devotee told Sri Bhagavan that he had Siva Darsanam. Sri
Bhagavan asked: What happened? He said: Siva came and then went away!  Sri Bhagavan said: What is the use of Siva coming
and going. While Siva came, you were there. When Siva went you were there. So you are Siva. You are important.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 08, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Quote:
“While Siva came, you were there. When Siva went you were there. So you are Siva. You are important.”

Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching is wonderful, to say the least.
While Shiva came, you were there.
When Shiva went away, you still were there.
So You are Shiva. You alone are important.
You are but Shiva Himself.

Where from these lines have been quoted, sir?

Thanks very much, sir.

Regards,
 Anil