Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 265198 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #1590 on: April 14, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
Dear anil,

Sri Sankara says apara vidya is avidya. 
All worldly knowledge is also ignorance.
Unless one tries to enquire within or surrender totally to god or guru, there is not hope of Atma bodham.

For this both the relative (worldly) knowledge and ignorance, which are both ignorance should be eschewed.

(Ulladu Narpadu Verse 10).

Arunachala Siva,   

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 14, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »
Being Aware of Aham Asmi --- is enough.
provided there is clear understanding of aham asmi.

Dear Udai, yes!

Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:40 AM »
Dear Devotees,

In the end the Self is not discovered as an outcome of doing anything, but only by being. Sri Bhagwan says that it is impossible to make an effort beyond a certain stage.
“Here it is impossible to for you to be without effort. When you go deeper, it is impossible for you to make any effort.”
                                                              Sri Bhagwan

And being?
DO NOT THINK ABOUT BEING—YOU ARE.

“Realise ‘I AM’ and do not think ‘I AM’. ‘Know I am God’—it is said, and not ‘Think I am God.’”
                                                          Talk—354

Thank you,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 15, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
Dear Sri Udai,

Yes. Thank you so much. I wish to only say that I am guided by Sri Bhagwan’s words and His Teaching who says:
“Satsanga means sanga (association with Sat). Sat is the Self. Since the Self is not now understood to be Sat, the company of the Sage who has thus understood it is sought. That is Sat-sanga. Introversion results. Then Sat is revealed. For whom is association ? For whom is dosha ?”
                                                      Sri Bhagwan, Talk—283

Thank you,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 15, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
Yes. Yes. Thank you so much.

Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 16, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Why is it said that effort is sine qua non? Why is it said that the necessary effort should be made by the sadhakas? Because so long as ‘I am the body’ idea is there, one’s sense of doership is dominant. And this obnoxious sense of doership is at once the motive force behind every action. Therefore, so long as we have the idea that everything depends on our effort, on the spiritual path also, we have to put forth our best.

Thank you,
    Anil     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 16, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
Dear anil,

Yes. Efforts are very much essential.  That is why, Sri Bhagavan did not accept the theory of 'effortless awareness' as told
by other spiritual guru.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 16, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Dear Sri Udai,

Yes. Very true. Even Sri Bhagwan who became Self-aware in a flash has revealed that He must have put in the necessary effort in His previous birth.

Thank you so much.

Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
Dear anil,

Yes. All sadhanas were over for Him in the previous birth. That is why, He got the Self hood experience in about 15 minutes.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 16, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Kavyakanta says He was Kumarila Bhatta (karma kandi) and Jnana Sambandha (bhkati margi) in previous births. Sri Bhagavan
neither said yes nor no for this contention.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 17, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan says that thoughts of imperfections, lack of virtues, etc. are obstacles in realising the Swarupa. We are already perfect. All we have to do is to get rid of the ideas. Ideas of imperfection and therefore need for development. In Truth there is nothing to realise or annihilate. We are the Self. Are we not? Sri Bhawan says plainly that the ego does not exist.
“Pursue the Enquiry and see if there is anything to be realised or annihilated. See if there is any mind to be controlled. Even the effort is being made by the mind which does not exist.”
                                                                                        Sri Bhagwan

Sri Bhawan says that keeping the mind still is enough. Therefore, even when Sri Bhagwan says that effort is imperative, it only means that purpose of effort is to get rid of all efforts.

Thank you,
    Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 17, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
Dear anil,

Sri Bhagavan tells Major Chadwick (His Liberation Day is observed today):

The consciousness was pre existent and will survive the body. In fact, there is no one who does not say 'I am.' The wrong
knowledge of I am the body' is the cause of all the mischief. This wrong knowledge must go. That is Realization.
Realization is not acquisition of anything new nor it is a new faculty. It is only removal of all camouflage.

(Talks No. 96)

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. But wrong knowledge and camouflage will not go away easily. Sri Bhagwan asks, “How can ‘I’ eliminate itself?”
All we can do is to find our Source and abide in it. Sri Bhagwan says that our effort can extend thus far only.

As for development, Sri Bhagwan says that whatever the previous development, Vichara quickens the development.
Devotee: That is arguing in a circle. I am developed and so am strong for the quest. The quest itself gives my development.
Sri Bhagwan: The mind has always this sort of difficulty. It wants a certain theory to satisfy itself. Really, no theory is necessary for the man who seriously desires to approach God or to realise his own true being. (Sat-Darshana Bhashya)

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan says that we take the world to be real, because it is a creation of our own mind, as in our dream. We do not see it in sleep because then it is wound up and merged in the Self, together with the ego and the mind, and exists in seed-form in our sleep. On waking the ego rises, identifying itself with a body and at the same time sees the world. So, Sri Bhagwan says that our waking world is a creation of our mind, just like our dream-world. however, there must be someone who sees the world, both in waking and in dream.
Dear devotees, here is a very instructive dialogue which is as follows:

Sri Bhagwan : Who is he who sees the world, both in waking and in dream? Is he the body? No, is he the mind? It must be so. But you cannot be the mind, since you exist in sleep, when there is no mind.
A western visitor: I do not know that. PERHAPS I CEASE TO EXIST THEN.
Sri Bhagwan : If so, then how do you recollect what was experienced yesterday? Do you seriously contend that that there was a break of your continuity of your self?
W. visitor:  It is possible.
Sri Bhagwan : IF SO, THEN JOHNSON GOING TO SLEEP  MAY AWAKE AS BENSON. But this does not happen. How do you explain your sense of persistence of your identity? You say ‘I slept’ and ‘I woke’, implying that you are the same as the one that lay down to sleep.
The visitor had no answer to make. Sri Bhagwan continues:
Sri Bhagwan : When you awake from your sleep you say ‘I slept happily and feel refreshed.’ So sleep was your experience. He that remembers the happiness of sleep—saying ‘I slept happily’—cannot be other than the one that experienced that happiness. The two are one and the same.
Sri Bhagwan continues: If as you say the world existed in your sleep, did it tell you so then?
W. visitor: No, but it tells me now. I get the proof of the existence of the world when I knock my foot against a stone in my path; the hurt proves that the stone and the world of which it is a part.
Sri Bhagwan : Does the foot say that there is the stone?
W. visitor: No, I say so.
Sri Bhagwan : Who is this ‘I’? It cannot be the body, nor can it be the mind. It is just witness of the three states—waking, dream and sleep. They do not affect the ‘I’. The three states come and go; but the ‘I’ remains constant and unmoved. He is the real Self, ever happy and perfect. The experience of this Self is the cure of all discontent and the realisation of happiness and perfection.
W. visitor: It would be selfishness for anyone to remain in that state, enjoying happiness, especially if he did nothing to contribute to the happiness of the world.
Sri Bhagwan : You are told about this State so that you may win that State and thereby realise the truth that the world has no existence apart from your Self. When you realise this, the word selfishness will have no meaning, since the world will be merged in the Self.
W. visitor: Doess the Sage know that there are wars and suffering in the world? If he does, how can he be happy?
Sri Bhagwan : If a picture of a flood or a fire passes over a cinema screen, does it affect the screen? The Real Self is just like this screen. He is unaffected by the events of the world. Suffering is possible only while there is distinction between subject and object. This distinction does not exist in the Egoless State. THERE THE SELF ALONE IS. THE SAGE IN THAT STATE IS THAT SELF. HE IS PURE SPIRIT, THE HOLY GHOST. FOR HIM THIS WORLD IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. AND THAT KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU.
WHO CAN EXPLAIN BETTER?

Thank you,
    Anil           

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 19, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
Dear Devotees,

Sri Bhagwan says, “Ego comes up holding you (the Self). Hold yourself and the ego will vanish.”

So, the crux of the problem lies in this that we do not know ourselves. Sri Bhagwan says that knowing oneself does not require sastras or scholarship. This is simple experience. The state of being is here and now all along. Therefore, the purpose of philosophy is to only turn the mind inward. Once this is achieved, there is no use projecting the mind excessively to things which are external to our being, if the Goal is Self-Awareness. We are the Self. But, says Sri Bhagwan, that we have lost hold of our True Being, i.e. the Self.
If we have lost hold of our True Being, it is catastrophic in consequences as we all are aware. Our blissful nature has been completely forgotten. Therefore, it is supreme wisdom and the most natural imperative to know ourselves first as the Self. HOLDING OURSELVES AND REALISING OUR TRUE NATURE AS THE SELF IS THE DIRECT PATH OF VICHARA.

Thank you,
   Anil