Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 756581 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #1560 on: October 15, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »
“When we ask how to awake our power, they say, there is no need of awakening because you are already awaken. But we cannot subdue or conquered our mind. Knowing does not help to conquere our mind. In this way once again we reach to the same pole where we started our journey.”
                                                                Quote : Sri ramanduli

Dear Sri ramanaduli,

These are the difficulties the mind always creates for its own survival. Sri Bhagwan says that all that is necessary is the stern belief that we are the Self. Activities and thoughts are throwing a veil on the Self. Contrary feeling is a mere thought. For instance, your saying ‘But we cannot subdue or conquer our mind’ is a mere thought which really has no stamina in it. Yes, Sri Bhagwan says, “Being the Self one is always realised, only be free from the imaginary and fleeting thoughts.” So, we must understand that mind is now ‘we’. We think we are the mind and seek ways and means to destroy it like the snake in the rope. But if it is, then only can it be destroyed. But it is not. This can be understood by Vichara. Therefore, seeking the Reality, the Self, is the way to rule over the mind.
“YOU ARE THAT, HERE AND NOW……  . THAT IS THE MASTER KEY FOR SOLVING ALL DOUBTS.”  (Talk—106)
The doubt that we are the ego arises in the mind and not in the Self. We are the Self. Therefore, seeking the Source of the ego-mind, the Self is revealed. 

Thank You,
    Anil

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 15, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
Dear Sri Ramanaduliji & Sri Anilkumarsinha ji,

This is a very good point, that, "knowing does not help to conquer our mind and in that way, we again reach the point where we started our journey"

Perhaps, what we could try is, like they say, make or fake portray the smile on your face always; In the same spirit, we have to make or fake, just believe we are that brahman, we are realised, we are that Self what Bhagavan said. It does not really matter if we have not yet. But with the attitude of विणम्र​ता​ Vinamra(modest, humble) with submissive attitude towards God and not bringing the Advaita with others, but, just believing that we are realised, I am Brahman now. This moment, I am That.

Lets Fake it, even if we know very well that we are not really that yet! eventually we become really that like the Bhramara-Kita-Nyaya:

The Bhramara or the wasp is said to sting the insects or the Kitas which it brings to its hive and through stinging them and poisoning them makes them feel its presence alone everywhere, at all times. The insects, so to say, meditate on the presence of the wasp, at all times, and in turn become wasps themselves thereby. This is to show that by meditating on the formula ‘Aham Brahma Asmi’ or ‘I am Brahman’ the Jiva becomes Brahman itself in the end.

Make or Fake, Be the Brahman. With विणम्र​ता Vinamrata (modest, humble) with submissive attitude towards God and not bringing the Advaita with others

यद्भावं तद्भवति - Yadbhaavam Tadbhavati

What you consider yourself to be that you are or that you become

ब्रह्मविद् ब्रह्मैव भवति - Brahmavid Brahmaiva Bhavati

Knower of Brahman is Brahman himself or becomes Brahman himself

Know Brahman and you become Brahman itself!

Knowing Brahman is Being Brahman.

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:15:42 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 15, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

Like the larva inside the cocoon, keeps on thinking I will become a fly, I will become a fly, and taps the inner walls of the cocoon,
and one day the cocoon opens and it files away as a fly.

Sri Bhagavan answers this in the penultimate question of Sivapraksasam Pillai in Who am I?

dhyana is the state when one considers himself faithfully, [bhavana] that he is Brahman and Satchitanandam.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 16, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »
Thank you very much sir.

Ramanaduli

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 16, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »
                                           OM NAMO BHAGWATE SRI RAMANAYA

Only beneficial vichara will confer upon you, as your own form, the limitless expanse of supreme bliss. (V. 621, Padamalai)

“GOD NEVER FORSAKES ONE WHO HAS SURRENDERED”
                                                                             Sri Bhagwan

Dear Devotees,

When I had been with you, words came almost spontaneously. Now when I take leave of you, they would not come, even if I try. The Great, Infinite Silence of the Self beckons me. I do know whether I am destined to meet you at this rendezvous again or not. Therefore, I take leave of you with this sublime poem of the Great, Saint-poet, Sri Rabindranath Tagore :

“At this time of parting, wish me good luck, my friends !
The sky is flushed with the dawn and my path lies beautiful.
Ask not what I have with me to take there.
I start on my journey with empty hands and expectant heart.
I shall put on my wedding garland.
Mine is not the red-brown dress of the traveller,
and though there are dangers on the way
I have no fear in my mind.
The evening star will come out when my voyage is done
and the plaintive notes of the twilight melodies be struck
up from the King’s gateway.   

OM TAT SAT
                                                SRI RAMANRPANARPANAMASTU

LOVE
     Anil

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »

Salutations to Bhagavan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »

Dear Anil,

I wish you all the best in the sadhana, that is Silence.

Arunachala Siva. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 17, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
Correction: In the second and third lines of my post, re-1606, I mean to say, “I do not know whether I am destined to meet you at this rendezvous again or not.” Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 04, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Certain confusions have disturbed my peace. Kindly clarify following points:
1. When did the Great Lord manifest as the Column of Light ? (Day and Month)
2. When did Brahma, Vishnu, and other gods worship Him first ? (Day and Month)
3. On what day, and in which month of the year, is Deepam lit on the Peak of Sri Arunachala ?
4. Tiruvannamalai is the Tamil Name of the Holy Place where the Great Lord appeared as the 
   TEJOLINGA. Is it true that when Tiruvannamalai is translated into Sanskrit, it   
   reads ‘Arunachalam’? If yes, kindly post syllabled break-up.
5. Which is the place where the Adiguru Sri Dakshinamurty appeared to teach the four sons of Sri   
    Brahma in Silence ? Is it in Tiruvannamalai where Sri Dakshinamurty Shrine is situated,
    adjacent to Sri Ramanasramam Itself ?

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 04, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »

Dear Anil,

1. Lord Siva stood at Column of Light on a day of Ardra star in the month of Dhanur. It is must be long long ago, so time and
yuga are not known.

2. The Column of Light became a huge Hill on a day of Sivaratri in the month of Kumbha, Masi in Tamizh. Again time and yuga
not known.

3. The Light on the summit is burned on Kartika Star Day in the month of Kartika [Vrischika] every year.

4. Arunachalam = A ru na chala (m)

Tiruvannamalai = Tiru anna malai

Both are same.

5. Sri Dakshinamurti advised Sanaka and others again eons ego under a banyan tree in Himalayas.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »

The Karthikai Deepam Festival, this year, commences on the 30th Nov. and culminates on the 9th December with the Light lit on the Hill-top at the Centre of the Universe—Sri Arunachala.   
I wish to know, in advance, whether the Light will be available for gazing at The Arunachala-live webcam, on the 9th this month, at 6.0 p.m.         

Thank you so much, sir.

Regards,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 03, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »

Dear Anil, the Kartika Deepam is on 8th December and the light starts burning from
that evening.  Anyone can see it from, say 6.00 p.m. that evening.  The weather should
not be rainy and cloudy to observe in the Graham's Webcam.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 04, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »

You must be certain about the exact date for the DEEPAM LIGHT to be lit on the Hill-Top of Sri Arunachala. Else, the calendar and the diary, published by Sri Ramanasramam, in 2011, show 9th December as the day when the Light would be lit.

Thank you so much, sir, for pointing out the correct date for the Deepam.

Regards,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 04, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »

Dear anil,

The correction was given in the recent issue of Mountain Path.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 05, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »

I had all along accepted 9th December as the Kartikai Deepam Day. I didn’t receive my copy of the Mountain Path regularly on account of postal inefficiency and, therefore, had requested Sri Ramamasramam not to dispatch my copy of the same to my address at Patna, Bihar. I collect all my copies of the Mountain Path whenever I visit the Asramam but I have decided to visit Sri Ramamasramam only in the first week of February, 2012. Hence, there was no opportunity for me to be aware of any change in date for the Kartikai Deepam Day.

Thank you so much, once again, sir, for giving correct information about the said change, in time. Otherwise, I would have certainly missed the opportunity to glimpse the divine event, of course, at Sri Arunachaqla-live webcam only.

Regards,
  Anil