Author Topic: Namaste; Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya  (Read 14905 times)

Purnama

• View Profile
Namaste; Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
« on: February 18, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »
Namaste/Greetings to All Devotees of Bhagavan Ramana, Forum Members and Guests,

"Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything.
Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute.
God Knows the past, present and future.
He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work.
What is to be done will be done at the proper time.
Don't worry.
Abide in the heart and surrender your acts to the divine."
--Ramana Maharshi

Blessed by the Grace of Bhagavan Ramana, the Mahadeepam of Jnanashakti, since darshan of His samadhi at Ramanashramam in 1989.

mick hutchinson

• View Profile
Re: Namaste; Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:39 AM »
Strange how the simplest things are the hardest!

dedhed

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »
I am not certain remaining steadfast in the heart is a simple thing for 21st century man.

captmj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
Baghvan also said ....at one stage we have to unlearn everything we have learnt. How about we try to unlearn all our conditioning.
Atleast this day forward lets me make an attempt.

Mohan

nagaisbalamurali

• View Profile
    • sinthanaikku vanthavai
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
om sri ramnaya namaha

aum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 07:15:44 AM »
Baghvan also said ....at one stage we have to unlearn everything we have learnt. How about we try to unlearn all our conditioning.

Mohan

Why learning before unlearning?

This seems to be a very hard task. All the effort to learn seems to be futile as unlearning is very essential to eliminate the ego and remain in unbroken silence of bliss.

Kindly share your thoughts on the same.

At His Lotus Feet
aum sree

Hameed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:35:57 PM »
Bhagavan also said ....at one stage we have to unlearn everything we have learnt. How about we try to unlearn all our conditioning.

Mohan

This seems to be a very hard task. All the effort to learn seems to be futile as unlearning is very essential to eliminate the ego and remain in unbroken silence of bliss.

At His Lotus Feet
aum sree

As long as there is fear, one wants to learn. Once the vasanas are exhausted, one feels there is no sense in learning any more and unlearning becomes a natural process.

In LOve

Hameed

mark

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 08:19:58 AM »
I just wanted to acjknowledge the quote from Ramana and give thanks to Purnama for providing the blessing of posting it.
Indeed, abide in the heart and surrenderr all acts to the divine. It is so simple. But even more profound what is to be done will be done in the proper time.  What I saw in this quote quite unexpectedly while surfing the forum was what I have been missing in my study. Faith! The faith that all will be done. I can give up the search for the almost uncconscious constant  desire to answear the how to's first.   It is not needed.  You know what I mean?  I have been missing the faith!  It was simply a matter of trust.  My humble gratitude.
Mark

mick hutchinson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »

Mohan

Well Ive read lots of Ramanas teaching ,and what he said was FORGET all youve learned not UNLEARN.
I take that to mean, that at the moment of death one forgets what one has learned. How can you UNLEARN ,youd have to FORMAT your Soul !!!
 It seems that everything that we have experienced is indelibally etched into the subtle mind ,all the previous lives and even I believe ,what is to come.
 What Ramana taught was to seek the knower of thoughts ,to try to find the Ego .which he said disapears because it isnt real.
 All this unlearning stuff sounds like some sort of Western deconditioining psychology to me!!
He said to ask "To whom is this happening?" with everything ,no matter what it is that is happening.
Hed probably tell you to ask "Who is it that is trying to unlearn!!!!!!"
Theres also the type of meditation where you WATCH the mind. And even LABEL the things that happen in it .Like for instance. "Here is a nice feeling ,now the mind is making a bad feeling, Now there is a feeling of atraction ,now the perception of uglyness. Here is fear ,here is anger " Observation of the constant stream of thoughts etc This isnt unlearning anything its just seeing things for what they really are!! Knowing the mind for what it IS!!!
The mind goes on and on ,iI am happy ,I am sad ,I want this or that.
Read  Ramanas book "Who am I" he gets the whole mind ,the whole of psychology and all of the functions of the mind on a couple of pages.
Something that the whole of "psychiatry and psychology" cant get into millions of books.
In fact the best thing you could do is just get as many books aout Ramana as you can and read what he says and IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE.
Exept for Buddha ,Sankara ,Krishna etc of course. But with Ramana Maharishi you really have got the answers to everything and no other Guru is nescessary!!!!!
Peace
Mick

prpr260873

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 01:12:40 AM »
Om Shri Ramanaya Namah......

pradeep swiss

gabriele

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 01:33:42 AM »
The "unlearning" about which Bhagavan speaks, is on the absolute level, why learning on the relative level always is needed - it belongs to life. It does not contradict. A famous philosopher said: "I know that I don't know anything" (freely quoted). In this sense we become aware that we know really nothing in an absolute sense. But we learn many things in life nevertheless. It is wonderful to learn! So learning and unlearning can go hand in hand ;)

Kind regards
Gabriele

Hameed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »
Dear Gabrielle,

I am afraid you mix things a bit up
Unlearning is related to dismantling one's conceptual world, that product of our fear. Without fear even all the knowledge we have accumulated in life, and new information becomes purified. It is another aspect of unlearning. So both levels.

Have a good day

Hameed
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 01:17:29 PM by Hameed »

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »
I just wanted to acjknowledge the quote from Ramana and give thanks to Purnama for providing the blessing of posting it.
Indeed, abide in the heart and surrenderr all acts to the divine. It is so simple. But even more profound what is to be done will be done in the proper time.  What I saw in this quote quite unexpectedly while surfing the forum was what I have been missing in my study. Faith! The faith that all will be done. I can give up the search for the almost uncconscious constant  desire to answear the how to's first.   It is not needed.  You know what I mean?  I have been missing the faith!  It was simply a matter of trust.  My humble gratitude.
Mark

I wanted to write a new post this morning on surrender.  Found this thread after a search on the forum.

Although I have read about surrender, I was still trying to understand. When you mention "faith", it clicked.  And how important this is.

"That all will be done. I can give up the search for the almost unconscious constant desire to answer the how to's first

That's it!  This is what Sri Ramana constantly replied to questions, when he ask the questionner: "Who is asking this?  To Whom?  Who is afraid?"  etc...etc. Always bringing it to Self. There's a letting-go that has to occurs. Faith that I AM HE!

Once this becomes Knowledge, what is there to do? Only faith and stop the search, stop the quest....stop the questionning on the "how to".

Then, I have to relax in this, by self-attention, with faith. Surrender! 

Thank you

Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »
Learning, I think, is necessary to understand the futility
of learning.  Once you understand that futility, you will
start and complete the process of unlearning.  In fact,
I am reading Who am I?, everyday, for several days, and I
find it is adquate for all the civilizations of the entire universe,
and all religio-philsophic treatises of Hindu and other faiths
are mere details.