Author Topic: Robot Endhiran is an Indian film to be proud of  (Read 2876 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Robot Endhiran is an Indian film to be proud of
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »
I and my wife watched this movie yesterday and we got tickets as the distributor is a friend of mine.

Amazing movie and again as usual hard working tamilians came up with this technical brilliance movie and hatsoff to director shankar garu for making this amazing movie.

I almost stopped watching movies in cinema hall for quite some time now but some force made me to watch this movie.

Movie has lot of messages and it deals with 6 evils of humans ( kama, krotha, lobha, moha, mada, matsarya )

kama — lust, craze, desire
krodha — anger, hatred
lobha — greed, miserliness, narrow minded
moha — delusory emotional attachment
mada or ahankara — pride, stubborn mindedness
matsarya — envy, jealousy, show or vanity, and pride

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »

Dear prasanth,

I have also stopped seeing movies since 15 years.  A few movies
were witnessed in TV media by me and my wife.

There are raving reviews about Enthiran. The film may be good
and may be a money spinner for Dayandihi Maran, the owner of
Sun TV. But people, particularly Tamizhians have some crazy exhibition of their idiosynchrocies towards cinemas.  In the News I saw hundreds of people going for tonsure of their heads in Pazhani for the success of the movie!  They poured pots of milk to the posters of the hero as abhishekam and a few pots of milk for Pahani Murugan, the silent spectator.

In Bangalore, they poured milk to the cut out banners, garlanded
the hero and lighted camphor and did namaskarams on the roads in front of the banners!     

If the film were to be a flop, god forbid, a good number of "patriotic"
Tamizhians would have committed suicides.

Tamizh Nadu is today ruled by a] atheistic politics b] nth rated cinemas and TV serials, and, c] roadside thugs.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
Dear Subramanian garu,

I understand your feelings and agree with you.

In one scene in this movie where robotics related seminar was held one of the seminar attendent asks "hero robot" whether god exists or not.

"Hero robot" asks the same person "what is god?"

then that person tells god means who created us.

Then that robot tells if that is the definition then yes god exists as "hero robot" explains that it was created by "hero human".

And director showed amazingly how the 6 evils in humans(kama, krotha, lobha, moha, mada, matsarya) are dangerous.

In the last scene of the movie where robo is being dismantled one child asks reason why and robo answers that it has started thinking and hence its being dismantled.

This reminds us of the teachings of bhagavan ramana maharshi.

All glories to guru ramana.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »

Dear prasanth,

Yes.  God exists whether Robot says otherwise or Stephen Hawking
says otherwise.

One or more corrections in my post.

1. The film was produced and financed by Mr. Kalanidhi Maran and not Mr. Dayanidhi Maran.  These two are brothers.  The former is the owner of Sun TV and the latter is a Central Minister.

2. The three items I mentioned in the post are counter culture and not cultures.  The word culture means that which reforms the mankind.

One vendor of vegetables in a cart, pawned his cart and vegetables to raise money to see that movie.  Another donated blood and earned some Rs 60/- [?] to make good the shortfall for buying ticket.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
oh that is crazy to do to just watch a movie  :)