Author Topic: Final Part - Ramana Maharshi Devotee V. Kameswara Rao Shares His Experiences  (Read 1993 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3557
    • View Profile
(From ‘The Mountain Path’, April 1966)

Some elderly persons suggested that the moment Bhagavan saw my letter he received a mental picture of my son bedridden with smallpox.

Later, however, Sri Bhagavatula Annapurnayya Sastri of Tenali gave an explanation that appealed more to me. “Was it necessary for you to write to Bhagavan in order for him to know what was happening in your house? Is he not all-pervading and all-knowing? But he does not interfere unless asked to and called upon.

If a man is singing in Bombay and you want to hear him you must switch on the radio. If you don’t, the radio will not receive his song and you will not hear it, although he is singing just the same. Similarly if you want Bhagavan’s blessings you must establish contact with him in the right way.”

Came the fateful year 1950 when Bhagavan left his body. Physically he is no more with us. But he remains forever in our hearts. There are thousands of humble folk like me who received from beloved Bhagavan things they could never return. Nor was any return expected. God fulfils human needs so that man may develop divine discontent. It is human nature to get and forget; it is divine nature to give and forgive.

Man is God’s child. Just as a parent satisfies the childish needs of a child, even though they may be ultimately unnecessary, so does God satisfy the immediate though temporary needs of man so as to stimulate a desire for the ultimate and eternal need the need to attain Godhead. Arthur Osborne wrote in The Incredible Sai Baba that Baba used to say: “I give people what they want in the hope that they will begin to want what I want to give them.”



  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 47994
    • View Profile

Sri V. Kameswara Rao's reminiscences [as from Fragrant Petals,
Sri Ramanasramam, 2nd edition, 2005]:

On 17th March 1949, a big ceremony was held at the Asramam for the consecration of the temple over the shrine of Bhagavan's mother.
I decided to go and take my family and my mother with me.  I applied for 2 days' casual leave, made all arrangements and came home at 2 pm.  A car was waiting at the door to take us to the station.  Suddenly I felt that I should not go.  My wife and mother naturally protested, but it was no use. Our baggage was taken out
of the car.  Everyone was annoyed about it but I merely said: "Perhaps Bhagavan does not want me to see this function.  I too am sorry but I can't help it."

About 9 O clock that evening, I received a telegram that the only son of my third sister was dangerously ill with meningitis, that I should send my mother there at once.  I put her on the train together with the sister who had looked at my own son when he had small pox.
On arrival, this sister wrote me a frantic letter saying that the case
of my nephew was hopeless and that the only change of saving him, if at all, was to invoke the blessings of Bhagavan.  So on March 30,
I again wrote to Him.  the following reply was received the next day's

Your letter of the 30th instant was received and placed before Sri
Bhagavan.  May Sri Bhagavan's blessings be on the child and his
parents.  Herewith Prasadam enclosed.

My nephew recovered.  We understood then why I suddenly had to cancel my journey to Tiruvannamalai. If we had gone, the telegram
would not have reached me, my mother and sister would not have gone in time, and I would have not written to ask Bhagavan for His blessings.  Hence, my erratic decision, prompted by something unknown to me at the time.

Arunachala Siva.