Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 3746 times)

matthias

• View Profile
9/11
« on: September 11, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
Rest In Peace

by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
inspired by the poems of Thich Nhat Hanh

I am a World Trade Center tower, standing tall in the clear blue sky, feeling a violent blow in my side, and
        I am a towering inferno of pain and suffering imploding upon myself and collapsing to the ground.
        May I rest in peace.

I am a terrified passenger on a hijacked airplane not knowing where we are going or that I am riding on fuel tanks that will be instruments of death, and
        I am a worker arriving at my office not knowing that in just a moment my future will be obliterated.
        May I rest in peace.

I am a pigeon in the plaza between the two towers eating crumbs from someone's breakfast when fire rains down on me from the skies, and
        I am a bed of flowers admired daily by thousands of tourists now buried under five stories of rubble.
        May I rest in peace.

I am a firefighter sent into dark corridors of smoke and debris on a mission of mercy only to have it collapse around me, and
        I am a rescue worker risking my life to save lives who is very aware that I may not make it out alive.
        May I rest in peace.

I am a survivor who has fled down the stairs and out of the building to safety who knows that nothing will ever be the same in my soul again, and
        I am a doctor in a hospital treating patients burned from head to toe who knows that these horrible images will remain in my mind forever.
        May I know peace.

I am a tourist in Times Square looking up at the giant TV screens thinking I'm seeing a disaster movie as I watch the Twin Towers crash to the ground, and
        I am a New York woman sending e-mails to friends and family letting them know that I am safe.
        May I know peace.

I am a piece of paper that was on someone's desk this morning and now I'm debris scattered by the wind across lower Manhattan, and
        I am a stone in the graveyard at Trinity Church covered with soot from the buildings that once stood proudly above me, death meeting death.
        May I rest in peace.

I am a dog sniffing in the rubble for signs of life, doing my best to be of service, and
        I am a blood donor waiting in line to make a simple but very needed contribution for the victims.
        May I know peace.

I am a resident in an apartment in downtown New York who has been forced to evacuate my home, and
        I am a resident in an apartment uptown who has walked 100 blocks home in a stream of other refugees.
        May I know peace.

I am a family member who has just learned that someone I love has died, and
        I am a pastor who must comfort someone who has suffered a heart-breaking loss.
        May I know peace.

I am a loyal American who feels violated and vows to stand behind any military action it takes to wipe terrorists off the face of the earth, and
        I am a loyal American who feels violated and worries that people who look and sound like me are all going to be blamed for this tragedy.
        May I know peace.

I am a frightened city dweller who wonders whether I'll ever feel safe in a skyscraper again, and
        I am a pilot who wonders whether there will ever be a way to make the skies truly safe.
        May I know peace.

I am the owner of a small store with five employees that has been put out of business by this tragedy, and
        I am an executive in a multinational corporation who is concerned about the cost of doing business in a terrorized world.
        May I know peace.

I am a visitor to New York City who purchases postcards of the World Trade Center Twin Towers that are no more, and
        I am a television reporter trying to put into words the terrible things I have seen.
        May I know peace.

I am a boy in New Jersey waiting for a father who will never come home, and
        I am a boy in a faraway country rejoicing in the streets of my village because someone has hurt the hated Americans.
        May I know peace.

I am a general talking into the microphones about how we must stop the terrorist cowards who have perpetrated this heinous crime, and
        I am an intelligence officer trying to discern how such a thing could have happened on American soil, and
        I am a city official trying to find ways to alleviate the suffering of my people.
        May I know peace.

I am a terrorist whose hatred for America knows no limit and I am willing to die to prove it, and
        I am a terrorist sympathizer standing with all the enemies of American capitalism and imperialism, and
        I am a master strategist for a terrorist group who planned this abomination.
        My heart is not yet capable of openness, tolerance, and loving.
        May I know peace.

I am a citizen of the world glued to my television set, fighting back my rage and despair at these horrible events, and
        I am a person of faith struggling to forgive the unforgivable, praying for the consolation of those who have lost loved ones, calling upon the merciful beneficence of God/Yahweh/Allah/Spirit/Higher Power.
        May I know peace.

I am a child of God who believes that we are all children of God and we are all part of each other.
        May we all know peace.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:31:39 AM »

Dear matthias,

Nice poem.  Here in India, not many people may remember 9/11
but may remember the Mumbai terror attack and Jharkhand conflicts.
However, any tragedy caused by humans on humans is self defeating
and is against the very teachings of Buddha, Christ, Sankara and Bhagavan Ramana.

T.S. Eliot has sung:

I shall show you fear in a handful dust!

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »
Well said Subramanian garu.

Wonder what will they gain by doing these terror attacks.

even the people who died unfortunately in these attacks will again be born by our rebirth principle so really the person who was involved is ruining himself.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

Dear prasanth,

All these come about due to the bloated ego.  My country, my people,
my liberation from your rule, my freedom from Christian/Hindu/Moslem
hegomony -- all these are ramifications of the ego. In the false pursuit of ego-satisfaction, they kill others and also kill themselves.  It is said that the total number of people killed in Vietnam War [both Americans and Vietnamese] exceed the total number of people killed in World War II.  What is the use or result?  Neither Americans could secure North Vietnam nor Vietnamese [in the united Vietnam] cannot do away with American aid today.  The ego dances and the dance ends in death and ruination.

Arunachala Siva.

revzen

• be you, be true
    • View Profile
    • behind words
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
I would like to add a different approach to the tragic events of 9/11, and maybe what I am about to write you will disagree with, but I feel it needs to be said. I do not believe in the official "story" of events, I do not believe that Muslim terrorists carried out the attacks; from my research I have come to the belief that it was an inside job. Behind the politicians who we believe "run" our respective countries are the real power brokers. George Bush, the president at the time of 9/11  wasn't the true leader of the US, he was the puppet, as was the UK's prime minister at that time, Tony Blair. Can you honestly believe that a man in a cave in Afghnistan orchestrated such a horrific crime? The most powerful country in the world, with a spy satellite orbiting our planet which identify what book I am reading! And yet they want us to believe that a man in a cave in Afghanistan was the mastermind behind 9/11! Since 9/11 have you noticed how our freedoms have been eroded? It is all part of their plan! The Muslims are the scapegoats, and its working a treat! 9/11 was another False Flag Operation. Please research this for yourself, don't take my word for it!

Namaste,

revzen
always be you!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »

Dear revzen,

If what you say is the correct version, then how come Al-Azeera,
the official news media should proclaim, immediately after that
event, that they have taught a lesson to Americans?  If the event
could be a false flag operation, even then the power brokers would
not sacrifice a very very expensive prime building - the twin towers?
Because both the 'politicians' and 'power brokers' are having American pride within their hearts.     

Arunachala Siva.

revzen

• be you, be true
    • View Profile
    • behind words
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 06:05:23 AM »
with respect it matters not what AL Jazeera said about 9/11, or what Fox News, CNN etc said! The media are mere mouthpieces of the "shadow government", and they report what their masters allow! How about the BBC reporting the collapse of BUILDING 7 some 20 MINUTES before it did collapse! How embarrasing and unproffesional to read the script 20 mins before it should have been! OOPS!

At least two television networks made premature announcements of the collapse of WTC 7. The BBC unequivocally announced the collapse about 23 minutes before the fact, and even featured a New York correspondent speaking of the collapse in past tense with the still-erect skyscraper standing behind her.

As for the World Trade Centers, they had been insured beforehand so the owner makes one heck of a profit! Also the two towers had serious asbestos problems! But lets return to BUILDING 7 which was NOT hit by a plane, and the buildings owner Larry Silverstein gave the order for it to be demolished when in interview he told the fire service to "pull" it! Yes Larry gave the nod! 

Larry Silverstein, the controller of Building 7, the third skyscraper to totally collapse on 9/11/01, gave an interview, portions of which were reproduced in a PBS documentary aired on September 10, 2002, entitled America Rebuilds. The story that Silverstein assented to the demolition of WTC 7, based on an excerpt from the interview, has been widely circulated on websites, books, and videos. This page first recounts that story, in much the same form as it appeared on earlier versions of this page, and then proceeds to examine the issue in greater depth.
'Pull it' as Demolition Admission

Silverstein apparently admitted that the building was deliberately demolished by the New York City Fire Department late in the afternoon.

Silverstein's alleded admission consists of his following on-camera statements shown in America Rebuilds.
I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse. 

And that is just the tip of the ice berg!

always be you!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »

If all that you have said is true, why should Al-Azeera proclaim
it as their victory?   How can they proclaim victory when the "fall"
was not their handiwork?   God only knows the stories with in
all such stories.  As Bhagavan Ramana said:  All that we see
are mental imaginations.  Only the seer is the Truth.

Arunachala Siva. 

revzen

• be you, be true
    • View Profile
    • behind words
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »
What Al Jazeera said is irrelevant, as is most media outlets whether television, radio or newspaper. 9/11 and the London bombings are both False Flag Operations, the evidence is staring people in the face. From George W Bush lying about seeing the first plane crash, to one of the alleged terrorists passport being found in near perfect condition! I'm afraid that our respective governments cannot be trusted!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dbc_1188804768http://

Namaste,

revzen
always be you!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 12:37:07 PM »

Dear revzen,

Keeping all the American propaganda on the one side, one cannot
also call the Al-Azeera proclamation as irrelevant because this only
caused a series of adventures and misadventures from Americans.
The Iraq war, the Afgan war, the threat to Iran and drone flights
and killings at the Pakistan's western border.  If Al-Azeera had not
made this false claim, these tragedies might have been averted,
is it not?

Arunachala Siva.   

kde

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »
I must admit I agree with revzen. I would not normally write this on a Sri Ramana forum. But many millions of people have doubts about the official "story" of events, including 1360 verified architectural and engineering professionals. http://www.ae911truth.org/

Take a look at the collapse of the three towers, from an architectural point of view.

revzen

• be you, be true
    • View Profile
    • behind words
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »
the loss of innocent life on 9/11 is unnaceptable, and when I am writing about 9/11 it is done with the utmost of respect for those who tragically died and for the remaining family members as their suffering continues on a daily basis. The link given by kde:-

http://www2.ae911truth.org/11rfa911.php

is well worth a visit, read what is written there and research further. Also watch this video:-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3776750618788792499#

and if you still think that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by Muslim terrorists then that is your choice. However I have worked in politics and know how dirty it can get, I stood for election as an MP and failed, but I gained valueable insight into a very murky world! Remember the UK prime minister Tony Blair? Bush's lapdog! The dossier he used for the invasion of Iraq was all lies! By rights Mr Blair and Mr Bush should be tried as war criminals! Shame on them and their allies such as Ms Rice and Mr (aspartame) Rumsfeld to mention a few.

respectfully yours,

revzen
always be you!

Om Hridayam

• Love Ramana Love Ramana Love Ramana Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »
I'm unclear on what difference it makes on whatever "side" actually did this.

As for news events on this planet:
A) Sometimes things are exactly what they seem to be.
B) Sometimes things are "set up" and engineered to frame someone else falsely.

It's the constant dance of maya, isn't it? 

What if you found out that 9/11 was, in fact, falsely engineered.
What good is that knowledge to you ... really?

Will you be increasingly looking for hidden agendas everywhere you look?
Sometimes finding them ....sometimes projecting them on things that are not at all falsely engineered?
... what good does that thinking do at the end of the day?

Events of that nature will continue to happen no matter what.
The Self is unaffected.

Conspiracy theories are like fast food, they stimulate at first, but over time become toxic.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:14:43 PM by Om Hridayam »

amiatall

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »
The event happened - this is a fact.

Who did this, does not matter, because even if we find who did this, nothing will change about it. The fact is that event has already happened and it is no way to prevent it.
Memories is the first thing to transcend, because it is what creates future, so nothing new can come in. This is current state of the world - living in memories/dreams. Projecting them into the future, creating same things over and over again, wondering why 'bad' things happen. What else can happen if 'bad' memories are cultivated.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

Yes.  Things had happened, as per destiny.  To continue to live
in the memories of the past, is only going to add to our restlessness.  The mind wobbles.  Taking things as they have come and to avoid memories of the past and anxieties of the future, is the best way to live.  We should learn how to live in the NOW.  Now, this moment, is the Truth. Even to 'think' about NOW becomes a mind's play and as  we think, the NOW becomes past.  We should learn to live in the NOW. History and Estimates do not take us anywhere.  Histories are re-written and estimates are re-worked.  NOW is the Truth.

Sri Sankara says in Atma Bodham:

Verse 68:  He who bathes in the clear, warm,  ever-refreshing
waters of the Atman, which being available everywhere, here and
now, need not be sought for in special centres and seasons.  Such
a one remains actionless.  He is the knower of all.  He pervades
all and is ever immortal.

Arunachala Siva.