Author Topic: "In quest of my Father" - 29th August 1896  (Read 1440 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
"In quest of my Father" - 29th August 1896
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »
29th August 1896

"Downstairs, he hurriedly ate a meal prepared by his aunt. With no one noticing, he took out an atlas and saw that the nearest station to Tiruvannamalai was Tindivanam. (There was actually a closer one, but the old atlas did not show it.) He calculated the cost of his journey, took three rupees and left the remaining two with a note which read: "I have set out in quest of my Father in accordance with his command. This (meaning his person) has only embarked on a virtuous enterprise. Therefore, no one need grieve over this act. And no money need be spent in search of this. Your college fee has not been paid. Herewith rupees two." "

source: http://bhagavan-ramana.org/life.html

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: "In quest of my Father" - 29th August 1896
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »

Dear prasanth,

Nice way of remembering Bhagavan Ramana.  He said many years
later, that this departure from Madurai to Tiruvannamalai happened
about six weeks later than His realization.  It was a Saturday.  Bhagavan Ramana had reached Tiruvannamalai on Tuesday, the 1st
September 1896.  His Arunai Vijayam day is always celebrated in
the Asramam and the other centres keeping the English Calendar
in mind. His Jayanti [birth day] is celebrated taking the asterism
of Punarvasu in Margazhi and his merger day is observed taking
the tithi [digit of the moon] in Chaitra month.

Arunachala Siva.

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
Re: "In quest of my Father" - 29th August 1896
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »
Bhagawan took humanity a great leap forward through his presence and teaching.September 1st is a vital day for humanity
in the evolution of consciousness.It is the work of grace through which Bhagawan lived amidst us to redeem us from the
pangs of ego.He simplified spiritual practice and showed a practical way of doing Self-inquiry without need to disturbing our
work we are doing and showed that there is no need to cause suffering to the body in the name of spirituality and he said
that real renunciation is not change in physical circumstances but to renounce the ego.
pvssnraju