Author Topic: Bhagavan's Compassion  (Read 1468 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan's Compassion
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
Sri. R. Sivaraman was the brother of Vishwanatha Swami. Sivaraman was nine years old when in 1923 he visited the Ashramam for the first time and had the darshan of Bhagavan.

One morning Sivaraman was sitting in the kitchen in front of Bhagavan who was sitting in the kitchen in front of Bhagavan who was cutting vegetables, when Chinnaswami came from the town with a basket on his head. Sivaraman asked Bhagavan what he was carrying and he replied, "Last night one of the dogs was badly mauled by an angry pig. He had taken the wounded dog to the veterinary hospital."

Then Bhagavan and Sivaraman went to the hall. In the hall along with other devotees were the three dogs - Kamala, Karuppan II, and another dog. There was a conch that was lying there. Sivaraman took it and blew it. The dogs got scared and started howling. Bhagavan was concerned and advised Sivaraman to stop blowing the conch, as it irritated the dogs. The concern and compassion, he had for animals got imprinted in Sivaraman's heart.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan's Compassion
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Nice.

Once the a dog came into the Hall, with excreta in its mouth.
Bhagavan Ramana told the dog: "If you are coming like this,
do not come here, henceforth!"

M. Sivaprakasam Pillai, the questioner in Who am I? has written
in one of his songs in Sri Ramana Pada Maalai:  "You told one dog
not to come with excreta in its mouth.  The same thing holds good
for me also.  How can I come to you with sexual thoughts still
harbored in my mind?"

Bhagavan Ramana slowly changed him and finally when he passed away and the news was brought to Him, He said:  O Sivaprakasam Pillai has become Siva prakasam [effulgence of Siva.].  These words confirm Pillai's merger in the Self.

Arunachala Siva.