Author Topic: Bhagavan & Squirrels 6  (Read 2528 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Squirrels 6
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
This is a very touching incident.

The following incident highlights the care and concern Bhagavan showed to baby squirrels, whose mother had deserted them:

In the roof of the old hall, squirrels had built nests. Once, some new-born squirrels dropped on Bhagavan's sofa from their nest. Their eyes had not yet opened and the size of each baby might not have been more than an inch. They were very red in colour with fresh flesh, absolutely tender to touch. The mother squirrel ignored them, now what to do? How to feed and attend to such tender ones?

The baby squirrels were on the palm of Bhagavan. Bhagavan's face glowed with love and affection for them. While there was a question mark in the face of those surrounded Bhagavan, he himself was happy and cheerful. He asked for some cotton to be brought. He made a soft bed for them. He also took a bit of cotton and squeezed it to a tiny end. The end portion looked like a sharp pin; he dipped it in milk and squeezed milk into the tiny mouths. At regular intervals, Bhagavan repeated this act of compassion. He tended them with great care and loves till they grew up and ran around. They did not run away, but only ran around their 'mother', far kinder than the one who gave them birth! How lucky they were!

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:27:11 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Squirrels 6
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Most of us, think that Brahman is non-moving, action less.  But it is
the embodiment of Grace.   The Grace is the shining lustre of
Brahman and Brahma Jnanis. 

KaruNaiyal ennai aaNda nee, enakku un
Katchi thanthu aruLilai enral....

"You, it was, who by grace, claimed me as your own,
What would be my fate if now, after having done this,
you would not reveal yourself to me...."   

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »
Once, When Sringeri Maha Sannidanam, HH Sri Abhinava Vidya Theertha Swamigal who is said to be a great yogi who became a Jeevanmukta at the age of 13 or 14 once visited a Orphanage and when he was told about the children as to where they were found and their background, He began to cry profusely out of extreme compasson and love towards the children.

Others who were there, standing normally were very surprised to see the Acharyal of a great mutt here crying! they thought he is beyond all the sorrows and happiness.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

viswanathan

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 04:35:58 PM »
Dear Mr.Nagaraj, 
                       The squirrel photos published in your posts are excellent and it looks like  that these squirrels or not the one found in our region.I  always have fascination for these squirrels. They are  very intellegent creatures.Once in my bed room ,I heard  some noise from a carton  kept in raft and I went near the carton and on seeing me,the mother sqirrel jumbed out of box and vanished.I found a beautiful nest in the carton there were few baby squirrels in the nest.Immediatly, I came down .After few minutes,i again went near the carton to see thse little baby squirrels and to my surprise,the babies were not  there It was a surprise to me how in such a short time,the mother has shifted the babies to another place.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
They are wonderful, i too love these squirrels. We have some small garage type area in my terrace and there, some squirrels are living, I leave some cashews some times, they wait for me to leave the place and only then they come and eat it.

It is not so easy to befriend them, I was wondering, how easily Sri Ramana was able to befriend any animal - be it a peacock, snake, dog, monkey, cow, squirrels, etc...

This goes to prove, that He had not identity at all. He is not only the greatest sage of our century, but Greatest throughout our Sanathana Dharma has even beem.

Only Rishi's of the yore, which we have read in puranas, etc... were like Bhagavan, I feel. (just an emotional expression)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta