Author Topic: Bhagavan & Squirrels 2  (Read 1561 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Squirrels 2
« on: August 21, 2010, 03:39:43 PM »
Once when Nagamma was talking to Bhagavan about squirrel, Bhagavan remarked about the baby squirrels. He narrated:

There is a big story about the squirrels. Sometime back they used to have a nest near and above me. They had children, grand children and thus members of their family grew very large.

The babies and the adults used to play about on this sofa in whatever way they liked. When I went out for my usual walk, some little squirrels used to hide under my pillows and when on my return, I reclined on my pillow, they used to get crushed. We could not bear the sight of this, and so Madhava drove the squirrels out of the nest and sealed it by nailing some wooden board over it. There are lots of incidents about them if one cared to write about them.

As Bhagavan was narrating this, his voice choked.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:08:19 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Squirrels 2
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

In the year 2010 calendar of the Asramam, [monthly], for the month of July 2010, there is a photograph of Bhagavan Ramana holding a squirrel on His palm.  Whenever I saw this, I was praying to Bhagavan:  "Please protect me like you protect this squirrel and
confer me deliverance."  But the squirrel is so innocent.  Right
from Ramayana days, there are stories about squirrels.   But am I, really as innocent as this squirrel?  I used to ask myself.  Most of
us are stuffed with anger, misery, greed, lust and a million inadequacies, unlike the squirrels.

Arunachala Siva.     

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »
yes even i have bought 2010 calendar and i try to see first bhagvan's photo when i get up in the morning.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »
Dear I,

Yes, I make sure, I see Bhagavan's calendar every morning. I thoroughly enjoyed whole month of July, as I have special attachment towards animals.

Bhagavan's Calendar is very special. There is something more to just dates, pictures, special occasions; There is Love. There is compassion. There is Bhagavan.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta