Author Topic: Avoiding the Situation or Facing it?  (Read 2380 times)

srkudai

Avoiding the Situation or Facing it?
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »
 :)
Many religious systems perpetuate the "I". Secretly. Please see, All along out childhood, we have been taught to avoid situations in life. For example if I have stage fear, i am told to repeat some mantra to myself. If i am afraid of darkness, i am asked to chant something or divert the mind. If i am attracted to Girls, chant something when they are near. Do pranayam etc. Do you see ?

While this is what some religions are teaching, some others are teaching : "Observe Thoughts". Now, that becomes a new activity and perpetuates the ego.

Bhagavan says find out "Who is troubled by all this". Instead of avoiding the situtation, remain in it and see who is really getting affected. That is, i need to not run away from any situation. No situtation scares me! The Truth that I cannot be affected by any situation can only be seen if i remain in the situtation and really see who is getting affected by the situation.

So, that means, if i am afraid of darkness, i do not switch on the light, nor chant any mantra. so now, i am left alone with fear. The one who is trying to escape this fear. Who is it?

Do you see that clearly? The space , the walls of your room, the trees outside ... they are all in complete darkness but none of them are afraid. so who is afraid ?

This body is not afraid either. that is why when mind sleeps, the body is totally ignorant. it has no fear. The Consciousness within which just recognizes the presence of fear and all these things --- that too is not afraid.

who is afraid!!
look within for the source from where this voice of fear is arising.
where has it started?
do you find this?
just see from whence this voice of fear is arising.

observe carefully that there is really none who is saying this! There was some thought. "I am afraid", then another thought "I dont like darkness" etc ... a stream of such thoughts arising at fast pace are just creating a sense of "I" where there is none.

In reality, there is no such entity called "I" within. And One has to see this. The moments of fear, worry etc are the right times to see these things clearly within. Validate within. Verify. There is no "I".

so nothing remains a problem coz, there is no one for whom things could be a problem!! This is fantastic! It liberates. One can just sit down and revel in the inner joy. Just Be.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Avoiding the Situation or Facing it?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
  Thank You so much for giving a very compelling perspective
  from sadhana point of view. One needs to contemplate
  on what you have said so nicely in your post.

Thank you, Sir.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:31:30 PM »
 Ji, very nicely said, Sir.As pictures in quick succession create the illussion of motion, similarly, rapid succession
 of thoughts must be creating this illussion of a thinker.Great.Very nice, Sir.

Thank you.

viswanathan

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
:)
Many religious systems perpetuate the "I". Secretly. Please see, All along out childhood, we have been taught to avoid situations in life. For example if I have stage fear, i am told to repeat some mantra to myself. If i am afraid of darkness, i am asked to chant something or divert the mind. If i am attracted to Girls, chant something when they are near. Do pranayam etc. Do you see ?

The fear about darkness and other examples quoted in above post are all due to the conditioning from our childhood,as well as  from out earlier births.if the child makes a mistake,we threaten the child by telling that we will call police. It creates a sense of fear in the subconscious mind of child and when ever the child sees a police it creates a fear and this habit continues through out it's life.Like this we can give many examples for our behavior.As per JK,whenever a fear happens,our mind refuses to analyze the reason for the fear and on the other hand,it wants to over come it  by visiting temples , taking drugs,consuming liquor etc and all these ,JK terms as escapism. By all these practices,fear never goes away and follows us like shadow.Many times, when we analyze the reason for fear,we will be amazed to know that we are unnecessarily fearing.The reason for fear is that we do not see things as it is(In a state of BEING) and instead we see things from our past conditioning in the form of thoughts  and thus suffer..

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 01:23:07 PM »

All sufferings and happiness is due to I thought.  When I thought is vanquished and if one becomes I am, these things do not affect one.
But it is easier said than done.

Arunachala Siva.