Author Topic: Bhagavan & Lakshmi 7  (Read 1503 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Lakshmi 7
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:09:16 AM »
One morning in 1947, at about 9 am Lakshmi entered the hall hurridly with ther legs, body and tail full of mud, with blood oozing out of her nose and with a half-severed rope round her neck. She went straight to the sofa where Bhagavan sat. The attendants began saing with some disgust that she had come in with mud on her body. Bhagavan, however, said with affection, "Let her come, Let her come. What does it matter how she comes?" Addressing the cow, he said. "Come, my dear. Please come near." So saying he passed his hand over the body lightly, patted her on the neck, and looking at her face said, "Recently they had put a rope  hrough her nose".

"Oho! Is that the reason? That is why she has come here to complain to me about it. Is it not very painful for her? Unable to bear the pain, she has come here running to complain to me without even washing her body. What to do? Give her some iddly or something," said Bhagavan, evincing great solicitude for her welfare. The attendants gave her some plantains and Nagamma went to the kitchen and brought some iddlies, also for her. Lakshmi was satisfied and went away to her usual place.

After the attendants returned to the hall and sat down, Bhagavan remarked, looking at the attendants, "Do not all of you come to me to relate your troubles? She too has done the same thing. Why then are you vexed with her for coming here with mud on her? When we have toubles, do we consider whether our clothes are all right or our hair is properly bushed?"

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Lakshmi 7
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »

Someone donated Rs 500/- for building a cowshed for Lakshmi and
her calves.  Annamalai Swami made arrangements with a local mason.  A small inauguration ceremony on the site was conducted.
After the ceremony was over, Bhagavan called Annamalai Swami aside and said that the cowshed should be made larger, since many more cows would come in the future and accordingly told him to change the construction plan.  He even marked the lines of measurement on the ground.

Many obstacles came in the way of a bigger construction.  Sarvadikari had quarrels with Annamalai Swami regarding the larger construction.  Annamalai Swami kept his mouth shut without revealing Bhagavan's instructions.  Finally the construction came up as per Bhagavan's will.

Arunachala Siva.