Author Topic: Bhagavan & Lakshmi 4  (Read 1633 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Lakshmi 4
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
Lakshmi's special status in the Ashramam gave her the freedom to help herself to any food that was brought by the devotees, because Bhagavan always supported Lakshmi if devotees complained against her. He would also take her side if any one tried to prevent her from coming to see him in the hall.

Bhagavan's devotee N.N. Rajan narrates another anecdote about Lakshmi:

"Once I was binging foodstuff in a large open vessel to offer to Bhagavan. Lakshmi, who had come behind me, was eating fro the vessel unnoticed by me.

Bhagavan noticed it and remarked, 'Enough Lakshmi, enough! Leave something for us.' So saying, he gave some more foodstuffs to Lakshmi and then sent her away. The attendant ridiculed and chided me for being careless.

But Bhagavan, out of Grace, said, 'Why do you blame him? Poor man, he is too innocent to notice all this.'

once 'the certificate of innocence' was received  from my master, I said to myself, 'what more do I require in this life?'"

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Lakshmi 4
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »

Bhagavan Ramana always supported Cow Lakshmi, for her behaviour. "He said she is a Jiva with no speaking ability.  Whatever, she wants let her take them.  Do not feel bad."  She has even passed motions in the Old Hall.  Bhagavan Ramana never became sulky.  The attendants used to clean up the place.

Cow Lakshmi wanted only malai vazhaipazham, i.e a particular type
of banana that is grown in a certain altitude in the Hill.  Whenever,
such bananas were brought by devotees, Cow Lakshmi was served
with them first.

Cow Lakshmi had three calves in a few years.  It was agreed that whenever she gave birth to female calves, they would be retained at the Asramam.  The male calves had to be given to outside persons.  It so happened that she gave birth only to female calves, so that her family would always remain with her.  She was virtually
treated like the divine cow Nandini of Sage Vasishta.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
Bhagavan recollected after the death of cow Lakshmi, to Suri Nagamma, i think! very emotionally as to how all of them owe a lot to Lakshmi, and it is only because of her that the Ashramam has grown so big and provided sufficietly enough to feed every soul who comes to the Ashramam.

After Lakshmi, Bhagavan would visit the Goshalas and met the other calves of Lakshmi, somehow they all never came to Bhagavan voluntarily like Lakshmi.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »

After Cow Lakshmi's liberation, I think it was the first anniversary
or of a later year, Suri Nagamma went to her native place and promised Bhagavan Ramana that she would return to the anniversary celebrations.  But it so happened, the trains were late, and she came just after the main puja was over.  Bhagavan Ramana understood her predicament and consolingly said:  "Do not worry.  Come and take the Sweet Pongal prasadam and plaintains offered as Naivedyam to Cow Lakshmi."

Cow Lakshmi attained Videha Mukti on Friday, 18th June 1948 by about 11.30 A.M.  The veterinary doctor had come and given injection by about 10.30 A.M.  Devaraja Mudaliar, Venkataratnam, the attendant, and Suri Nagamma were fanning her by turns.
Before her leaving the body, her face was in such a way, that her
right ear was upwards.  Bhagavan Ramana said:  See, she had been given the Taraka Mantra in her right ear, by Siva.

During 2008, the 60th anniversay celebrations for Cow Lakshmi
was arranged, when I was in the Asramam.  By the time, I could
reach the Samadhi, around 8 am.,  the function had been over, due to some reasons.  I was late like Suri Nagamma.

However, we went close to the Samadhi and found her nicely decked in silk saree, and garlands!

Arunachala Siva.