Author Topic: Bhagavan & Rangaswamy (attendant)  (Read 1484 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Rangaswamy (attendant)
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »
One day, Bhagavan, while cooking in the kitchen, asked me to put some oil in a ladle. Some of the oil spilled out onto the floor. He massaged all that oil on my body and said, "Go have your bath"
___
How blessed!!!

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Rangaswamy (attendant)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »

Rangaswamy must have served Bhagavan Ramana, as an attendant, sometime between 1945 and 1947.  His name appears three times in Day by Day of Devaraja Mudaliar.

On 27th Sept. 1945, when Bhagavan suddenly seemed to have felt like visiting Skandasramam, where He had stayed for about 6 years,
and when Mother Azhagamma was also there, He left without anybody's notice to Skandasramam, after lunch.  Only Rangaswami was taken with Him.  Around that time only, some repair works had
been completed in Skandasramam.  But around 3.30 PM, large crowd of devotees went upto Skandasramam.  By 5.30 PM, the crowd was really large.  Bhagavan sat on the stone bench on which He was sitting before.  He narrated some stories about His days
with Mother in Skandasramam. 

The next mention about Rangaswami was on 24th April 1946.  A clay model had been arranged by one Madras sculptor to make Bhagavan's statue.  Narayanaswami Iyer came and said that the model was not satisfactory.  Rangaswami also said that the nose was too big.  Bhagavan Ramana then said:  "Do not ask me anything.  How can one know one's own face?"

The third mention was on 11th Sept. 1946, when Rangaswami was trying to coax Bhagavan into eating an orange about noon and, when he told Bhagavan, "These oranges and other fruits are all
brought in by devotees only so that Bhagavan may use them.  So, why should not Bhagavan use them?"  Bhagavan, it seems replied:  "Why should you think that I eat only when I eat with this mouth?  I eat through a thousand mouths."

Arunachala Siva.