Author Topic: Bhagavan and Pup  (Read 1293 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan and Pup
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »
This might have been posted before, but I found it very nice to not post it again, the compassion of Sri Bhagavan is limitless.

Bhagavan would visit the goshala once a day. While returning from the goshala, he would stop by a dog, which had littered. He would talk to the mother, pet the pups, clear their eyes and face with his towel. Chinnaswami once scolded a puppy for eating human excreta. Bhagavan took the pup in his arms, cleaned its mouth; told the pup that it should not eat the excreta. He got 'iddlies' from the kitchen and fed the pup.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan and Pup
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

This dog has been named Iddli Swami by the devotees.   Once another dog came to Bhagavan Ramana, with excreta on the mouth.
Bhagavan Ramana chided it saying:  "If you come like this, hereafter, I shall not see you."   Sri M. Sivaprakasam Pillai has said in one of his works that for humans like him, the bad thoughts of sex and greed are also like excreta in the mouth of the dog.  He said that His words to the dog, were meant only for him since he was for a long time, having sexual impulses in his mind.

Muruganar says in Padamalai:-

Verse 2090:  Not disdaining inferior creatures, Padam, caresses
them and protects them.

Bhagavan Ramana has said:  Any living being that comes to me,
comes only to work out the balance of its karma.  So don't prevent
anyone from coming to me!  (Letters from Sri Ramanasramam,
entry dated 17.01.1946)

Verse 289:  Padam possesses in abundance the powerful vigour
of undivided mauna such that even wild animals will not rouse
themselves in anger and attach Him.

Arunachala Siva.