Author Topic: Bhagavan & Prof. K Swaminathan  (Read 1636 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Prof. K Swaminathan
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »
Once on the 1940s, I was sitting outside the hall with many devotees. Bhagavan was reclining on a couch. A group of learned pandits was discussing passages from the Upanishads with great enthusiasm and profoundity. All, including Bhagavan, appeared to be attentively listening to the interesting discussion when, all of a sudden, Bhagavan rose from the couch, walked some distance and stood before a villager who was standing looking lowly with palms joined. All eyes turned to Bhagavan and the villager who was standing at a distance. They appeared to be conversing. Soon Bhagavan returned to his couch and the discussion was resumed.

Being curious to know why Bhagavan had to go to meet a villager, I slipped away from the discussion and caught up with the villager befre he left the Ashramam. He told me that Bhagavan was asking why I was standing so far and also asked my name, about my village, what I did, and about my family etc. I enquired, "Did you ask him anything?" The villager replied, "When I asked him how I could earn his blessings, he asked whether there was a temple in my village and the name of the village the name of the deity. When I told him the deity's name, he said, go on repeating the name of the deity and you would receive all the blessings needed"

I came back to Bhagavan's presence, but lots all interest in the discussions. I felt that the simple humility and devotion of a peasant had evoked a far greater response from our master than any amount of learning. I then decided that though a scholar by profession, I should always remain a humble, ignoranyt peasant at heart and pray for Bhagavan's grace and blessings.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Prof. K Swaminathan
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:40:47 PM »

Prof. K. Swaminathan lived upto 99 years.  He was an elite Gandhian.

He was asked by the Government of India, to compile complete works of Gandhi which he did and this work ran upto 99 volumes.
He was also a great devotee of Bhagavan Ramana.  While in Madras, he used to visit Sri Ramanasramam, once a week during week ends and spend his time with Bhagavan Ramana.  He has rendered in English some songs of Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai, and it was titled Homage to the Presence of Sri Ramana.  Later, he did similar translations of some verses of Guru Vachaka Kovai, under the title The Garland of Guru's Sayings.  He has also translated the Stuti Panchakam, Upadesa Saram, ULLadu Narpadu, Ekanma Panchakam, Anma Viddai, Appala Paattu and a few stray songs of Bhagavan Ramana.  This was first published by Ramana Kendra, Delhi in 1977.     

Arunachala Siva.

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
Re: Bhagavan & Prof. K Swaminathan
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
I met Swaminathan at his house to pay respects for him but he is in a disoriented mental state because of his age.His house
is full of books he has written about Gandhi which looked almost like a library.I spoke to his wife.She said when Swaminathan
went to darshan of Bhagawan on Sunday Bhagawan jocularly used to say,ah Sunday came!But his visits to Bhagawan are regular.
pvssnraju