Author Topic: Bhagavan & Viswanatha Swami  (Read 2718 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Viswanatha Swami
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »
When Bhagavan had blisters on his hands due to grinding chutney everyday and did not heed to the request of Viswanatha Swami not to undertake the job, Swami went to the kitchen early and did all the work Bhagavan used to do. Bhagavan asked him why he had done his work in the morning. When Swami said that he could not bear to see Bhagavan grinding chutney with blisters on his hands, Bhagavn said, "In the early days I used to go for bhiksha. Now I am getting free food in the Ashramam. That is why I do some work or the other in the kitchen. Today you have done my work. Please give me your dhoti. I will wash it for you." When Swami heard this he was moved to tears.

Salutations to Sri Ramana

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:58:53 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Viswanatha Swami
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »

Sri Viswanatha Swami was a distant relative of Bhagavan Ramana,
his father was a cousin of Bhagavan Ramana.  He came to Bhagavan Ramana in 1921.  He was quite learned in Sanskrit and Tamizh.  He has composed Sri Ramana Ashottaram [108 Holy Names], Trisulapura Mahatmyam and he has also given Tamizh rendering of Sri Ramana Gita. Because of his special interest in Sanskrit works like Upanishads, he also became close to Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni.

Sri Viswanatha Swami also the editor of Mountain Path, for some years.  He merged with Bhagavan in 1979.  His Samadhi is there
along with other four Samadhis, behind Cow Lakshmi's Samadhi,
as you climb the steps to the Hill.   

Arunachala Siva.