Author Topic: Words Are The Great Grandson Of The Original Source.  (Read 8172 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Words Are The Great Grandson Of The Original Source.
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
  Sri Bhagwan has taught:

Absolute Conciousness or Sri Arunachala or Sri Ramana is the Self or The Original Source.
                                                (Abstract Knowledge)
                 From the Original Source rises the ego or the mind.

From the ego rise the thoughts.

Thoughts give rise to words

Therefore,it follows naturally that words are the great grandson of the Original Source.

If words can produce effect, how much more powerful shoud be preaching through Silence ?

Anil

Arunachal Shiv Ramana       

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
Re: Words Are The Great Grandson Of The Original Source.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
That is why Bhagawan used to give and giving even now mouna diksha.Mantra diksha,hasta diksha,chaksh dikha are all secondary
says Bhagawan.
pvssnraju

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »
    Sri V. Venkatramana, the old devotee of Bhagwan Sri Ramana was an ardent devotee of Sri Ramkrishana
 Paramhans in his youth. But he was not satisfied. He wanted a living Guru in blood and flesh.He prayed to Sri
 Ramkrishna to grant him a living Guru no less perfect than Himself.Afterwards he soon became aware of Sri
 Bhagwan's Presence at the foot of Sri Arunachala. Perhaps the Ashram had started to take the present sape
 at the time. He went to Sri Bhagwan with a garland of flowers for offering.Strange coincidence that when he had
 first Darshan of Sri Bhagwan, there was  a portrait of Sri Ramkrishana behind him on the wall.Sri Bhagwan broke 
 the garland, one half of the garland was placed on the portrait of Sri Ramkrishana and the other half on the
 Temple Lingam.Sri Venkatraman felt relieved and his purpose achieved.Sri Bhagwan asked him,"Do you know Sri
 Dakshinamurty ? "Yes", he replied, " He gave Updesha in Silence." And Sri Bhagwan said," That is the Updesha
 you will get here."

Sri Bhagwan never explicitly accepted that He is the Guru.Sri Venkatraman  is on of the few fortunate devotees
 of Sri Bhagwan who came close to an explicit admission from Sri Bhagwan that He was the Guru, as reported by
 Sri Arthur Osborne. Sri Bhagwan told him once,"Two things are to be done,first to find the Guru outside
 yourself and then to find the Guru within.You have already done the first."

However, Sri V. Venkatraman is reported to have grown uneasy after some time that he was given no sadhana
 to practice and perhaps he complained to Sri Bhagwan. Sri Bhagwan asked, "and what brought you
 here? " Thinking of you Swami.", Replied Sri Venkatraman. Then All Merciful Sri Ramana assured him,"Then
 that is also your sadhana.That is sufficient." And Sri Osborne reports that, indeed, the thought or remembrance
 of Sri Bhagwan began to accompany him everywhere, to become inseparable from him. 

Anil         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »

Yes.  Very few people had upadesa [teachings, directly] from Bhagavan Ramana.  The earliest was Humphreys, the first Westerner
who met Bhagavan Ramana.   Similarly, only a few persons had the
fortune of being touched by His Feet.  Annamalai Swami was one
among them and perhaps the foremost.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
Dear I,

I feel everybody who gets in touch with Sri Bhagavan gets Dhiksha/Upadesha, Bhagavan gives Dhiksha to everybody. Some of us recognise it immediately and others a little later. There is no body who doesn't get Dhiksha/Upadesha.

He is verily Kalpavruksha.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Bhagwan Sri Ramana said that Grace is always there and that
one is ever realised but still he says that he is not because of ignorance.
He should remove the ignorance  by proper-directed enquiry
and by His Grace know  that he is ever realised.

Arunachal Shiv Ramana

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »

Bhagavan Ramana has said that Grace is ever in abundance from
a Jnani.  There is no niggardliness in the Grace of a Jnani.  Only
our faith and love towards him is niggardly, our vessels are small
and so we unable to  carry his grace in large quantities.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
               Extracts from Talk 398 (Page 381-383)

Devotee:       Is not grace more effective than abhyasa?
 Sri Bhagwan:  Guru simply helps you in the eradication of ignorance.Does He hand over Realisation to you?

Again From the same 'Talk',

Devotee:          Swami Vivekananda says that a spiritual Guru can transfer spirituality substantially to the
                       disciple.
 Sri Bhagwan:     Is there a substance to be transferred? Transfer means eradication of the sense of being the
                        disciple. The Master does it.Not that the man was something at one time and metamorphosed
                        later into another.
 Devotee:          Is not Grace the gift of the Guru?
 Sri Bhagwan:     God, Grace, and Guru are all aynonymous and also eternal and immanent. Is not the Self already
                        within? Is it  for the Guru to bestow It by His look? If a Guru thinks so,he does not deserve the
                        name.

I feel that above 'Reply' by the Guru  should lift our doubts regarding Grace, Guru and God.

Thank you.

Anil             

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
 Verse No 525, Guru Vachaka Kovai

"Words [and thoughts] do not reveal Self. On the contrary, they veil it completely. Therefore, be alert
 in controlling both speech and thought so that Self, which is hidden by them , will shine of Is own accord."

But Sri Bhagwan has given infallible Brahmastra to His devotees to  battle the enemy i.e. the mind.
 Verse No 3, Atma-Vidya

The thought 'I am the body' is the thread
 on which are strung together various thoughts.
 Questing within, enquiring 'Who am I ?
 and whence this thought? all other thoughts
 Vanish. And as 'I','I' within the Heart-cave
 The Self shines of its own accord.
 Such Self- awareness is the only Heaven,
 This stillness, this abode of Bliss.

What more is needed to convince us ?   

Verse No 918, Guru Vachaka Kovai

"One who has destroyed the mind is the emperor who
 rides on the neck of the elephant of supreme Jnana.
 Know for certain that the turmoil of the mind is the
 sole cause of the miserable bondage of the cruel and
 fierce birth [and deth]."

Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »

Dear Anil,

Yes.  This is also the idea expressed in Yoga Vasishtam verses quoted by srkudai, today. 

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
 Dear Seekers,

Wise Lord Ramana, Crown of the Vedas,Unstainted by qualities,Infinite compassion embodied Gracious Sri Ramana
 has given an infallible weapon for the 'battle royal'.Devotion to the Guru and His flow of Grace (which is ever
 flowing)will lead Self Enquiry to the Ultimate Truth.He Himself has assured us of its adequateness and success.
 His Message to His devotees in particular and seekers in general is simple: 'Cease arguing.Be'.

Extracts from the Anonymous Devotee from Satyamangalam:

"Dawn is rising on the hill,
 Sweet Ramana, Come!
 Lord Arunachala, Come!"

"In the bush the koel sings,
  Dear Master, Ramana,Come!
  Lord of Knowledge, Come!"

Ah! Dear Devotees, Rise, Awake, and Stop not till the enemy is vanquished and our lost
                      KINGDOM is regained.

Anil     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
  I have read that the Mysterious and Anonymous Devotee of Sri Bhagwan from Satyamangalam stayed in the   
 Virupaksha Cave for five days and composed five 'ecstatic,spontaneous,and overflowing with joy and devotion'
 songs in Tamil.Out of these five divine songs, I have read only 'Dawn is rising on the hill.'I have heard
 'Ramana Sad Guru' chanted in the Samadhi Hall in the evening.But I have neither read nor heard about rest of
 them.Will any one of you kindly help me to tose divine songs?

Thank you. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 03:51:15 PM »

Dear Anil,

The devotee is not an anonymous person.  His name is Venkataramana Iyer and he is from Satyamangalam.  He visited
Bhagavan only for 4 days in Virupaksha Cave in 1910-1911 and
wrote four songs there, each for one day.  Then he went back to
Satyamangalam and sent the 5th song from there by post.  He
never came to Bhagavan for remaining 50+ years.  The Asramam
searched for him, but in vain.  There are several Satyamangalams
in Tamizh Nadu and so the Asramam could not identify him.

Only Ramanatha Brahmachari, Kunju Swami and Manavasi
Ramanatha Dikshitar had seen him!

The five songs have been published by the Asramam, under
Sri Ramana Stuti Panchakam.  All the five songs are sung on
Saturday evening Tamizh parayana.

These are:-

1. Kalai Pattu - the Morning Song.
2. Kummi Pattu - the Hand Clapping Song of the young girls.
3. PonnoLir Pattu - The Decad of Golden Effulgence.
4. Ponnaiyotha Pattu - The Decad of the Golden (Ramana)
5. Sri Ramana Satguru - 25 verses.

These have not been translated in English.

I shall try one by one soon, if Bhagavan wills.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
 Dear Sri Subramanian,Sir,
               Pranam,

Thank you so much,Sir for disclosing the identity of the mysterious devotee from Satyamangalam.
   I had heard about him, referred to as an anonymous devotee. But account of his visit to Virupaksha
  cave fascinated me much.

Sir, Non-Tamil devotees of Sri Bhagwan would ever remain grateful for your translation of the divine
  verses sung in the praise of the Sadguru of the age by the mysterious devotee from Satyamangalam.
  We are awaiting keenly for the same.

Thank you so much,Sir.

Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:13:31 AM »
 Self Enquiry or Vichar Marga as taught by Sri Bhagwan is a complete and integral path.Since the focus is shifted
 from external objects to 'I', the first name of God,and Self,and which at once becomes means and the goal,
 it does not,in my view, admit of much digressions.

The Path Itself is purgative as well as Light unto Itself. From 'Who Am I':
 Q.  "The residual impressions (thoughts) of objects appear unending like the waves of an ocean. When will all of
 them get destroyed?"
 Sri Bhagwan : "As the meditation rises higher and higher, the thoughts will get destroyed."

Verse No 561, Guru Vachaka Kovai
  "The glory of Maya, the mind, which conceives all things within the range of the false darkness of ignorance
   and deludes, lies in showing and confusing one second as an aeon (Kalpa) and an aeon as a second."

Verse No 386
 ' All doubts and questions to duality and otherness will be destroyed by the question, "Who Am I" This
   question," Who is this 'I' who doubts and asks about other things?", will itself turn out to be the Brahmashtra,
   and will destroy the appearance of all otherness, which is nothing other than dark ignorance."

From Sri Arunachal Pancharatna Darpanam, Verse 3,
 "He who turns inward with untroubled mind to search where the consciousness of 'I' arises realises the Self
  and rests in Thee, Oh Arunachala! as a river when it merges in the ocean."

Again From Guru Vachaka Kovai, Verse No 562

"By ever attending to Self, a basic existence, the perfect whole, the eye of the light of knowledge, drive away
  the two dreams ( waking and dream ) which are experienced by the ego and which are mere illusory
   imaginations of differences appearing in the darkness ( Of Self-forgetfulness ).

Thank you.

Anil