Author Topic: Bhagavan & Swami Pranavananda (S.Narasimhan)  (Read 2212 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Swami Pranavananda (S.Narasimhan)
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
Once I came to the Ashramam from Gudivada. Bhagavan asked me in a tone brimming with affection whether Kallaturi Seetharamaiah was all right. "Who is he?" I asked. "Dr. Kallaturi Seetharamaiah", said Bhagavan with emphasis and gave a detailed description about him. I was overwhelmed at the thought of his love and consideration for the devotees. This person had visited Bhagavan only once or twice earlier. He was not the one to talk freely with Bhagavan; he would only offer his respects and sit quietly in a corner.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Swami Pranavananda (S.Narasimhan)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:44:57 AM »

Krishna Bhikshu writes:-

Nobody could correctly guess the way Bhagavan Ramana would meet or treat people.  The high and mighty of the land might not even get a blank look, while some insignificant looking wanderer would become the object of His concentrated attention for hours or even days.  On the other hand eminent people would sometimes be taken up by him and given the immense blessing of being the center of of His interest.

Once Pravananada Swami came to the Asramam.  On his arrival he was utterly exhausted.  He sat on the steps of the temple, and could not move any further, Bhagavan was told about it. 

Bhagavan Ramana came out at once, sat at the feet of Pravananda Swami and started rubbing his legs, saying, "You had a long way to walk, Thatha.  Your legs must be paining very much."

The old swami protested in vain.  Bhagavan had His way and massaged the swami's feet.  Nobody knew what great merit the old man had accumulated to be the recipient of this great fortune.

Arunachala Siva.         

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Swami Pranavananda (S.Narasimhan)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:30:31 AM »
How blessed is this soul and how wonderful of Bhagavan to addressing him as 'thaathaa'

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta