Author Topic: Bhagavan & Sundaram (Sadhu Trivenigiri) 2  (Read 1433 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Sundaram (Sadhu Trivenigiri) 2
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »
One morning when I was cutting vegetables along with Bhagavan, he said, "Sundaram! Take this hurricane light and pick up the mangoes that have falled from the tree." I said, "Yes", but continued cutting the vegetables. Bhagavan said, "Sundaram, attend to what 'I' said first. It is from me that everything arises. Attend to it first." I took this as an adesha and upadesha (order and instruction) to make the enquiry 'Who am I?' My friend also felt so.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Sundaram (Sadhu Trivenigiri) 2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »

After his wife's death, Sundaram finally decided to go to Sri
Ramanasramam for the good.  He gave up his job. On his
first visit, he found Bhagavan in the Hall with only two or
three people sitting near Him.  Soon after his arrival, the dinner
bell was heard.  On hearing it Bhagavan got up and invited Sundaram also for food, but he declined the invitation, because
he was not eating food in the evening. 

Chinnaswami after some time, gave him the job of some documents to be taken to Madras and he was, like this made an Asramam staff.  After his return from Madras, he was asked to work in the kitchen and also to look after the Asramam correspondence. 

Prior to his arrival, Sundaram suffered from asthma for many years.  So when kitchen work was allotted to him, he suffered
a lot due to the smoke and smell of various items.  But he did not bother to mention it to Bhagavan and endured the job.

Once Bhagavan Ramana gave him a pinch of chutney and said:
"This is the medicine for you."  Without hesitation, he  took it and he never suffered from asthma thereafter!

[From David Godman's book, the Power of the Presence, Part III.]

Arunachala Siva.