Author Topic: Latest Reports from Sri Ramanasramam..  (Read 1515 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Latest Reports from Sri Ramanasramam..
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:20:34 AM »
Nochur Sri Venkataraman Discourse

Nochur Sri Venkataraman, the much-beloved speaker on Srimad Bhagavatam, Adi Sankara and Sri Bhagavan gave a week-long discourse
in the Ashram’s New Hall on Bhagavan’s “Ulladu Naarpadu” from 3rd to 9th July 2010. As usual, the Hall was overflowing with audience who
listened in pin-drop silence. Venkataraman’s discourses are backed by a very careful study of existing commentaries and soaked in his own
deeply meditative study of Bhagavan’s potent, mantra-like words. His exposition of verse No. 10 was particularly riveting. When he
concluded his talk that day with the words, “Bhagavan has saved us not only from ariyaamai (ignorance) but also from arivu (knowledge) the
listeners were deeply moved.

At the request of non-Tamilians, especially Western devotees, a Talk in English by Venkataraman was arranged on the 9th July at the New Hall
from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. He spoke on the first verse of ‘Hastamalakam’,a work which has been rendered into exquisite Tamil poetry by Sri
Bhagavan. The listeners were overwhelmed by his speech in a language in which he rarely gives talks.

Khanna Day

On Friday the 23rd July 2010, around 10 a.m. devotees in the Ashram gathered beside the Samadhi of Sri H.C Khanna. His Samadhi was decorated with garlands. Aksharamanamalai was chanted by the devotees. After arati, prasadam was distributed to the gathering.

Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni Day

The Anniversary Day of Sri Kavyakantha Ganapati Muni was observed on Sunday the 25th July 2010 at around 10.45 a.m. in the New Hall. Puja
was performed to his photograph. Devotees chanted Sri Ramana Gita.After Arati, prasadam was distributed to the gathering.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Latest Reports from Sri Ramanasramam..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »

Brahmasri Nochur and his family, [wife and kid] were already in
the Asaramam, when I and my wife had visited last on 19th and
20th June 2010.  I saw him in front of the bookshop as he was entering the Asramam.  He then sat at the Samadhi Hall for quite
some time, in meditation.  I could not talk to him since I had to leave that afternoon to Bangalore.  But his wife told my wife that
there would be Satsangh on ULLadu Narpadu betwen 3rd July and
9th July 2010.  However, we could not make it in such a short interval of less than one month, to Tiruvannamalai.   

The CD on this 7 day discourse on ULLadu Narpadu, may be available in the Asramam soon.

Arunachala Siva.