Author Topic: Bhagavan and Rangan 2  (Read 2408 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan and Rangan 2
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:36:36 AM »
One day I asked Bhagavan, "How is it that I find your bhaktas instead of becoming less and less possessed of the ego-sense as a result of contact with you, seem to be even more full of ego sense?" Bhagavan replied, "What is inside must come out. Suppose you keep the water in a pot on the fire, as the heat increases, the water must bubble, boil over and evaporate." I gathered that as we go on visiting Bhagavan, the ego comes out and finally disappears.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan and Rangan 2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »
Beautiful post nagaraj,

Sometimes i wonder...what is this! I read about bhagavan and every sentence of his talks of ego-annihilation but mine seems to get only bigger and more inflated! I hope bhagavan's observation is also true in my case!

Ramanarpamastu

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »

Bhagavan Ramana's devotees, at least a few of them, had these
problems.  I think Lakshmana Swami has also expressed this.
One another gentleman, who met Him in the Hill had said when
he could come to Him permanently.  It was not possible for long
years.  Perhaps he had a lot of family problems, and this was also
a form of ego-sense.  Bhagavan Ramana said:  "You can come only
when the play is over."  For some, play is over in one visit, [Mastan Swami] and for others it took a long time spanning over several
years.  It is all prarabdha.

Arunachala Siva.       

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Dear I,

Bhagavan Ramana's devotees, at least a few of them, had these
problems.  I think Lakshmana Swami has also expressed this.
One another gentleman, who met Him in the Hill had said when
he could come to Him permanently.  It was not possible for long
years.  Perhaps he had a lot of family problems, and this was also
a form of ego-sense.  Bhagavan Ramana said:  "You can come only
when the play is over."  For some, play is over in one visit, [Mastan Swami] and for others it took a long time spanning over several
years.  It is all prarabdha.

Arunachala Siva.       

That person is actually, TK Sundaresa Iyer, he was being transfered from place to place, and he used to miss Bhagavan so much, he some how never used to get an opportunity to visit Bhagavan and as a result he used to get vexed up with his life, one day he spoke to Bhagavan what he had in his mind and Bhagavan replied "Aattam Kalayatum, Piragu"

some replies of Bhagavan seem so tailor made for us even in our times.

Sometimes i wonder...what is this! I read about bhagavan and every sentence of his talks of ego-annihilation but mine seems to get only bigger and more inflated! I hope bhagavan's observation is also true in my case!

So very true, sometimes, even i have wondered, when i looked at myself in the mirror, what is this, when i look at myself i can see so much dirt within me, i am able to see so many flaws within myself, where all i acted out of personal selfishness!!!!

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »
I feel spirituality needs to be stated in positive terms like finding the stillness within, union with the divine, attaining bhakti etc rather than getting rid of ego. About self enquiry Bhagavan said, "Find from where the I rises". This is not getting rid of I but getting familiar with the full. Once a person feels the joy of the space from where the I rises from, the I does not like to rise any more but get more and more immersed within. Getting rid of ego may become like trying not to think of a monkey. The very attempt first needs to create a monkey.
Sri Ramakrishna said to focus only on attaining bhakti because when we go towards the east, the west is automatically left behind.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

Muruganar says about devotion and the unity of Bhakti and Jnana.

GVK Verse 718:-  The ego-self, signified by the word 'you' [tvam]
is merely a word, is actually non existent.  The best devotee is only
that valiant [asi], destroys himself in the state of consciousnesxs, the eternal Sivam, that abides shining as the meaning of 'That' [tat].

Sri Satyamangalam Venkataramana Iyer says in his song Sri
Ramana Satguru:- 

He is the ocean of satgunam and the embodiment of Justice as
praised by people of excellent character.  He is the molten jaggery of rare kind, the meaning of Asi.

GVK Verse 722:  When you investigate you find that both parabhakti [supreme devotion] and Jnana are identical in revealing Swarupam.  To claim that, out of these two, one is but the means to the other is due not knowing the real nature of either.

Arunachala Siva.