Author Topic: Resolving dilemma  (Read 2106 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Resolving dilemma
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:10:52 PM »
A person was caught in a dilemma whether to permanently settle in TVMalai.
He felt that the holy presence will improve his spiritual progress rapidly, although he needs to spend a considerable amount of money to materialize this dream. One group encouraged him that this is the best option for spiritual progress. There is no substitute for this. The other group said that since the Self is omnipresent, all places are equally holy and there is no need of going anywhere else. Its all inside. Why unnecessarily spend so much money. Instead he can retire early and spend more time in spiritual pursuits in his own home.

The person was caught in a dilemma finding valid points for both options.
Not able to resolve his dilemma from spiritual community, he went to the scientific community.
First he approached a mathematician with his problem.
The mathematician suggested: "Go with the average".
Asked to explain further, the mathematician said that he should neither go to TVMalai permanently, nor leave the idea of going to TVMalai. Instead he should follow the average which is to go there for short periods of time and come back.

Next he approached a physicist with his problem.
The physicist suggested: "Go perpendicular"
Asked to explain further, the physicist replied: Imagine that you are pressing the striker of the carrom board with the thumb and first finger. Having equal pressure from both sides, it cannot go sideways but will slip forward. So you neither stay home nor go to TVMalai but go somewhere perpendicular for a short period of time. This change may resolve your problem.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Resolving dilemma
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »

Dear silentgreen,

Very nice.  We are living a life of double mind.  Bhagavan Ramana
said that even one mind is too much.  Not only in the case of
settling down in T'malai, but also every other activity in our life,
small or big, we are in double mind.  One day, it was cloudy.  I was
thinking whether I should take an umbrella.  I decided not to take
it and it was soon pouring cats and dogs.  Next day, I take the umbrella, and it was a pleasant day without rains and I felt like a fool.  This happens in every activity of our life.  Right or wrong,
we never live with one mind. 

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »
Dear Silentgreen ji

In day to day life also we get confusion.
If you come to chennai you would be surprised. If you ask someone to show some address, they never say "sorry I do not know the address. Instead they would tell wrong way and you may waste your time and energy. The most funny part, you would come to same place where you asked the person. Seeing you, the person say laughingly "Oh still you cannot find the address. Their mind never accepts to tell "I do not know".

2ndly, here people say my house is near "Pillaiyar koil i.e. Ganesh temple. If we go with this land mark, we never get the correct address because, each steet has more than two pillaiyar koil. Some houses have built small Ganesha temple along  with their compound wall. Every day they do puja also.  They say it is for removing Dhrshti.

3rdly, they believe vastu. So one person keep his gate one direction. Next house will be facing to other direction.
In one street there may be 4 or 5 houses. If there are more than 4 street it is called one nagar. Each street has one political leader's name. In that way, there are many Indira nagar, Nehru nagar.  How our leaders are living in such a street, we cannot imagine.
Recently due to the IT. we can see some changes. Big buildings are coming with modern names.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »

Dear ramanaduli,

In Bangalore, it is better.  Only each area is named as some Nagar,
like Jayanagar, Basaveswara Nagar, Gandhi Nagar etc..  The streets
are spared, with numbers, 1st Street, 2nd Street, or 1st Cross, 2nd
Cross etc.,  In Chennai, it is horrible.  The famous Mount Road,
is called Anna Road or more confusingly  Anna Salai upto some
distance, and thereafter it is called Mount Road again.  There are
Anna Streets and Anna Nagars in great numbers to confuse newcomers.

Arunachala Siva.