Author Topic: Kuchela and Krishna  (Read 1538 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Kuchela and Krishna
« on: August 02, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
One day, before dawn, when I was restless in my bed, rolling from one side to another, Bhagavan came to me and asked "Are you not getting sleep? What are you worried about?" I told him "I am thinking of taking up sanyasa. If I do it here my people would discover it. So, I want to go away to a distant place like Varanasi and become a sanyasi there."  He at once went and brought Bhakta Vijayam, read out from it the portion dealing with Vitoba's determination to remain a sanyasi in a forest and the advice of his son Jnana Dev, that the same mind goes with a man whether he stays at home or retires into a forest, and told me I could attain jnana continuing to be a house holder.Thereupon I asked Bhagavan "Why did you become a Sanyasi?" He replied, "That was my destiny," and added, "Though it is irksome to remain a householder, it is easy to attain jnana that way."

- Velacheri Rangachari Iyer's Reminiscences.

i feel, Rangan is Kuchela and Bhagavan is Krishna. The relationship between Sri Bhagavan and Rangan is very special.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Kuchela and Krishna
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »

Bhagavan Ramana never approved sannyasa for any householder.
He did not also approve sannyasa for widows though they had
no household of their own.  Only Akhilandamma's case, when she
brought a vessel, wherein was ochre robe, He just glanced it and
kept quiet.  Akhilandamma took it as His approval.

In one Westerner's case, who thought mere ochre robes would
confer liberation, was constantly pestering Bhagavan Ramana to
approve his sannyasa.  Bhagavan Ramana never said Yes.  Finally,
for the sake of ochre robes, this Westerner went all the way to
North India, caught hold of a sadhu and got approval for sannyasa.  He came back beaming with ochre robes, and was waiting near the foothills for Bhagavan Ramana who was coming
down from the Hill.  Bhagavan Ramana looked at this Westerner, smiled and asked His attendant:  "Who is this baffoon?"   

Arunachala Siva.