Author Topic: What Is Our Natural State ?  (Read 1825 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
What Is Our Natural State ?
« on: July 28, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
 Bhagwan Shri Ramana Maharshi revealed that egoless and thoughtless state is our natural state.
 But their are devotees of Shri Bhagwan who opine that since a person can not live and sustain wihout eating,
 sleeping, breathing, attending to the natural calls etc.,and all these necessary activities require a thinker and
 and his thoughts as well, thoughtless state can not be our natural state.But who is the doer of works or activities ?
 Ego ? Or the thinker? Or his thoughts ? If the thinker or his thoughts are responsible for the performance of these 
 activities, then in my view,he may drop any time dead  the moment he becomes oblivious or forgetful of these
 activities such as breathing etc.

As far as I have understood Sri Bhagwan's teaching, these activities go on of their own accord and there is no
  need of a thinker or of his thoughts.Shri Bhagwan has said that the experiences that this body has to undergo
  are determined much before this body takes birth in this illusory world and these are bound to fructify whether
  one thinks or does not think about them. Yes, I feel that so long as I am a seeker or sadhak, perhaps, I can
  not do without certain thoughts which do not attach or generate vasanas.

A sage outwardly may appear to be thinking and doing works,but he transcends them and is always ONE with
 the SUPREME and is in Sahaj Nistha.

In samadhi the ego or the thinker is dead and, therefore,question of thoughts does not arise in this state.
 Hence, it derives from the above  that egoless and thoughtless state is our natural state.

I would request respected forum members to kindly share their minds on this topic.

Thank you all.

Anil       

As far as I have understood Shri Bhagwan's teaching     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: What Is Our Natural State ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
Dear I,

The 'I' - 'us', 'we' could go on elaborating about the 'Natural State' of what avail will it be to us eventually? just a knowledge. It is not going to be of any use.

Bhagavan Ramana, answerd to only few of the questions which have been recorded and made into books. It is actually going to be of no real use eventually knowing/understanding these 'Natural state', 'Atmic state' - It will only prove to be a hinderence to our Sadhana for we will eventually begin to compare our experiences to what we have read and get stuck there.

"natural state" if that is what we want to call it, is not something that can be 'comprehend' and 'become'

Our fullest effort should only be on our Sadhana alone. Stickicg to our Sadhana what ever it may be - Japa, Parayana, Bhajan, etc... just carry on with it without giving any room for our thoughts to take over our sadhana to investigate into it. When ever the thought comes out like this - like it may ask us what is this 'natural state'? Let me try and understand it..... etc.. it is taking you outwards. Just be conscious of yourself and be a watchman to yourself. When ever the mind goes outwards bring it back into your Sadhana - what ever it is.

The Mind can come up with brilliant compilation, ideas, imaginations, logically perfect about interpreting various Vedantic vichara. It is all nothing - absolutely nothing. It is Maya trying to hypnotise us and bring us away from our Self.

It is not necessary to know what 'Natural State'

Salutations to Sri Ramana

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »
 Yes, very nice, mature and well explained ,Sir.
 Ultimately we all have to undergo the process of UNLEARNING.
 Thank you for the very nice post, Sir.

Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Dear Anil,

To be in Natural State is something that can only be experienced.
Whereas one can describe the natural state as a statement.

Muruganar says in Verse 938 of Guru Vachaka Kovai:-

The state of turiya, which is abiding as the Self, the pristine-pure
being consciousness, is itself the non dual transcendent state.  You
should know that it is the Substratum that supports the existence
of three different avasthas [waking, dream and deep sleep] revealing
them to be a mere appearance.

Bhagavan Ramana says in Day by Day entry dated 5th Jan. 1946:-

There is no difference between the dream and the waking state
except that the dream is short and the waking is long.  Both are
the result of the mind.  Because the waking state is long, we imagine that it is our real state.  But, as a matter of fact, our real
state is what is sometimes called Turiya or the fourth state, which is always as it is, and knows nothing of the three avasthas, waking,
dream or deep sleep.  Because we call these three as avasathas,
we call the fourth state also as Turiya avastha.  But it is not an
avastha [changing state] but the real and natural state of the Self.  When this is realized, we know it is not a turiya or fourth state, for a fourth state is only relative, but turiyatita, the transcendent state
called the fourth state.

We can only describe this Natural state as a statement, but only
upon realization it really becomes the State and no statement is
necessary.

Arunachala Siva.     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »
   Dear Subramanian ji,
              Pranam,

I am grateful to you indeed, Sir. My intellectual understanding atleast
 about Turiya and Turiyatita has deepened by reading your post.
 Thank you so much,Sir.

Anil