Author Topic: Where is the room for doubt VII  (Read 1461 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Where is the room for doubt VII
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »
The following questions were put by Maurice Frydman:

Q: Sri Bhagavan has written [Ulladu Narpadu Anubandham,Verse 38] that one should not show advaita in one's activities. Why so? All are one. Why differentiate?

Bhagavan: Would you like to sit on the seat that i am sitting on?

Q: I dont mind sitting there. But if i came and sat there the sarvadhikari and other people would hit me and chase me away.

Bhagavan: Yes. Nobody would allow you to sit here. If you saw someone molesting a woman would you let him go thinking ' All is one'? There is a scriptural story about this. Some people once gathered together to test whether it is true, as said in the bhagavad Gita, that a jyani sees everything as one. They took a brahmin, an untouchable, a cow, an elephant and a dog to the court of king janaka who was a jyani. When all had arrived King janaka sent the brahmin to the place of brahmins, the cow to the shed, the elephant to the place allotted for elephant, the god to its kennel and the untouchable person to the place where other untouchables lived. He then ordered his servants to take care of his guests and feed them with all appropriate food.

The people then asked ' Why did you separate them indivisually? Is not everything one and the same for you?'  ' Yes. all are one', replied janaka, 'but self-satisfaction varies according to the nature of the indivisual. Will a man eat the staw eaten by the cow? Will the cow enjoy the food that a man eats? One should give what satisfies each indivisual person or animal.

Although the same man may play different roles of all the characters in a play, his acts will be determined by the role that he is playing at each moment. In the role of the king he will sit on the throne and rule. If the same person takes the role of the servant, he will carry the sandals of his master and follow him. His real self is neither increased nor decreased while he plays these roles. The jnani never forgets that he himself has played all these roles in the past.

[Living By the words of bhagavan, Diary Extracts, 217]

Ramanarpamastu

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Where is the room for doubt VII
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
nice article lakshmi garu.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Where is the room for doubt VII
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:19:04 PM »

Dear SLakshmi,

This is one of the beautiful episode.  Maurice Frydman opened
his eyes.  He understood that unless one is in the state of Advaitam,
he cannot talk about Advaitam and treat everything as One without
a second.  Even this Advaita bodham is sometimes not applicable
when situation demands.  Bhagavan Ramana also got angry with
some attendants when they erred.  Got annoyed with a monkey
which asked for the groundnuts out of turn, when He was giving
nuts to monkey one by one.  "The groundnut party" described
in Face To Face with Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi (Hyderabad
Kendra's collections) explains this nicely.

Bhagavan Ramana has also said:  In the three worlds, you can
follow advaitam but not with the Guru.

Arunachala Siva.