Author Topic: Which one to erase?  (Read 19087 times)

viswanathan

Re: Which one to erase?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2010, 09:07:54 AM »
Dear Members,
                   This is with reference to may earlier post wherein I mentioned about my intention to leave the forum due to the reasons explained therein. It was an impulsive decision to leave the forum and  it is due to my ego. I am ashamed that in spite being wedded to Bhagavan's teachings, i am not able to erase my ego.Now,I have decided to continue to be member of this forum.
Viswanathan

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »
Dear Viswanathan,every one of us in the forum definitely have a relic of ego.None of them are Jnanis.
But forum is useful in the sense that during the interaction there is friction between the contradictory ideas
which helps us to be aware of the contents of the mind in the fire of awareness born out of that friction.
pvssnraju

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:19 AM »
Only through friction does integration happen.
Only through harder and harder situations does one grow.
Growth is not soft;
growth is painful.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2010, 09:47:46 AM »

Dear viswanathan,

I am very happy that you decided to continue in the Forum. 
Very rarely, the Forum also gets posts on really matters that
are not directly connected with atma vichara, like we discussed
about one bogus swami N. and sometimes about Jiddu Krishnamurti too.  The latest was about Gandhi.  These posts are written only given vent to our feelings of disgust and indignation towards such things.  But majority of the posts are concerned with atma vichara and related incidents/conversations  in Bhagavan Ramana's life and His works and other scriptures and other saints.

Arunachala Siva.     

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
Dear Viswanathan ji

I am very happy about your decision. It is Bhagavan's forum. When He was with the body all sort of people
came to see him and they asked Him many questions. In the same here also we make dicussions. He decides
who are the members. I consider this forum itself is Arunachala ashramam where He sits on the sofa and He sees our activities. So you cannot go or come on yourself. He calls us and keeps us. He is watching that is all.
Without His will nothing can be happened. AVAN INRI OR ANUVUM ASAIYADHU.

Ramanaduli

amiatall

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Hello,

I want to contemplate and remind myself thus and others, that if one looks closely to this thread, one will see that it is being given too much attention to the BODY and mortal mind.
Jnani is not A BODY. It is only appearance. Thus, how illusion attracts one? By dwelling on the body matters whether it is viewed "good" or "bad" , "tolerable" or "intolerable" etc. One can talk that Ramana said this, Gandhi did that, but did one do that? Did one walk the walk? No. By paying attention to sex and other bodily matters one is only strengthening this idea of body and its imposed limitations on One-self.

What I am trying to point to is that we are MUCH BIGGER than these matters.
It is indeed very difficult to shake of "I am the body" idea whence all the worldly thoughts start off (even very mature and great souls succumb).
But Ramana gave us tremendous knowledge + the capacity to understand this knowledge, why not make this knowledge an experience (direct) ? (please see how, really, only small number in this world comes to this path, how many people out of 7 billions take notice of His grace ? Please think over it deeply).

All is well. But somehow one(mortal mind) is capable of constructing a big problem out of nothing literally. Is sex really evil? Is eating really evil? Or is it just we, the viewers making it so?
Why care for the idea of limited body so much? It came, it ate, it had sex, it went somewhere, it did something, it died. The problem is attachment and coming back over and over again to the same act, thus not allowing something new to emerge.

Objects does not play at all. It is thoughts that play.

GVK (our bible):

377. He who never thinks, “I want this; I do not have that”,
will be ever contented with only those things which
come to him according to his prarabdha.
Will such a
person leave his state of contentment and worry himself
foolishly?

372 (only comment)
Muruganar: Poverty is truly created not by a deficiency of wealth,
but by the deficiency of the wandering and desirous mind. Hence,
poverty is not removed by acquiring wealth, it is removed only by
subsiding the mind.

398. When one thus inwardly enquires, “Is it not to me that
this thought has arisen – then who am I?”, the mind
will return to subside in its Source, and the already
risen thought will also vanish.

399. When one daily practices in this manner, since the
impurities are being removed from the mind, it will
become purer and purer to such an extent that the
practice will become so easy that the mind will reach
the Heart as soon as the enquiry is commenced.

And

393. Those who take to the pure path of Self-enquiry are
never derailed because, like the sun, this supremely
direct path itself reveals to them its own unchallengeable
clarity and uniqueness.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
Dear I,

Brahmacharya shoould not be a 'goal' but it should end up being a by-product of our Sadhana. Only this is true Brahmacharya.

The more one tries to attain Brahmacharyam, one would only be farther from it.

To questions related to sex, Bhagavan only asked  the one to continue doing the Self enquiry with full attention. Sex related question only arise out of difference/duality between men, woman,..one has to go beyond genders which the 'I' is and Brahmacharya automatically is gained!

Salutations to Sri Ramana

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

amiatall

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
Dear Nagaraj, srkudai

Yes. That's nicely put. One does not need to make 'goal' of bodily matters in either direction. If one pursues sadhana alone all else will be fine.
As far as I can see it is a matter of where attention is put. And this by itself quite a powerful 'control', not an active one, but by itself detachment brings "passive control".

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 07:01:57 AM »
I feel that the more we are with the Self the less is the sexuality.Sexuality falls by itself as ripe fruit falls from the tree as
our understanding deepens through Self-inquiry.Bhagawan said getting posited in the Self is real brahmacharya but not
supression of natural sex which is usually done in the name of brahmacharya.In real brahmacharya we feel leviated because
we go beyond nature(prakruti) whose nature is gravitation.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »

Yes.  When Annamalai Swami explained the problem of sexual
desire that had come to him, during some days, he was worried
as to what would happen to him eventually.

On hearing, Bhagavan Ramana remained silent for a couple of
minutes and then He replied:  "Why should you always be thinking
that an evil thought occurred at such and such a time, in the past?
If you instead meditate, "To whom does this thought come?"
it will fly away one its own accord.  You are not the body or the
mind.  You are the Self.  Meditate on this and all your desires
will leave you.

[Living by the Words of Bhagavan, David Godman.]   

Arunachala Siva.

viswanathan

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
Hello,

I want to contemplate and remind myself thus and others, that if one looks closely to this thread, one will see that it is being given too much attention to the BODY and mortal mind.
Jnani is not A BODY. It is only appearance. Thus, how illusion attracts one? By dwelling on the body matters whether it is viewed "good" or "bad" , "tolerable" or "intolerable" etc. One can talk that Ramana said this, Gandhi did that, but did one do that? Did one walk the walk? No. By paying attention to sex and other bodily matters one is only strengthening this idea of body and its imposed limitations on One-self.

What I am trying to point to is that we are MUCH BIGGER than these matters.
It is indeed very difficult to shake of "I am the body" idea whence all the worldly thoughts start off (even very mature and great souls succumb).
But Ramana gave us tremendous knowledge + the capacity to understand this knowledge, why not make this knowledge an experience (direct) ? (please see how, really, only small number in this world comes to this path, how many people out of 7 billions take notice of His grace ? Please think over it deeply).

All is well. But somehow one(mortal mind) is capable of constructing a big problem out of nothing literally. Is sex really evil? Is eating really evil? Or is it just we, the viewers making it so?
Why care for the idea of limited body so much? It came, it ate, it had sex, it went somewhere, it did something, it died. The problem is attachment and coming back over and over again to the same act, thus not allowing something new to emerge.

Objects does not play at all. It is thoughts that play.

[/b]

Dear Sir,
           Today only only I happened to read your post and I was impressed by your deep analysis for wrt people  giving more attention to body which includes sex matters of others. .As you rightly said we are much bigger than these matter. I am very much impressed by your words"Why care for the idea of limited body so much? It came, it ate, it had sex, it went somewhere, it did something, it died. The problem is attachment and coming back over and over again to the same act, thus not allowing something new to emerge.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »
Bhagwan Shri Ramana has revealed with absolute clarity that imprints,tendencies,desires and resulting actions
pertain to I-notion or ego or Ahankara alone. And when this trecherous ego is summarily dealt with by getting withdrawn
 into Self  by the practice of Self Enquiry,all sanskaras gradually fade and ultimately wither away as the Practice advances
and culminates.Shri Bhagwan has taught that Enquiry destroys all mental operations,inluding itself,like the stick with which
the funeral pyre is stirred is itself burnt to ashes when the pyre and the corpse are burnt.

Therefore, in the light of Shri Bhagwan's teaching as I have understood,one should concentrate on I and seek its source and leave alone intricacies of inner organs.

If, in the opinions of devotees and members, I have not understood Enquiry correctly,they may kindly enlighten me.

viswanathan

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »

Brahmacharya shoould not be a 'goal' but it should end up being a by-product of our Sadhana. Only this is true Brahmacharya.
The more one tries to attain Brahmacharyam, one would only be farther from it.

Dear Mr.nagaraj
                      I have been very much impressed by your statement"Brahmacharya should not be a 'goal' but it should end up being a by-product of our Sadhana The more one tries to attain Brahmacharyam, one would only be farther from it.".It it is true that if our goal  is sadhana,then Bramacharya automatically follows where as the reverse is not true.Thanks very much for your quote as above and it  is in line with Bhagavan's teachings.
viswanathan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »

Dear viswanathan,

Muruganar says in Guru Vachaka Kovai, Verse 1290:

Only those who have renounced the ego-mind have truly renounced.
What have all the others, may have given up other things, really
renounced?

Padamalai Verse 2298 says:

Renunciation, glorious and immaculate, is the total extirpation
of the impure ego mind. 

Arunachala Siva.