Author Topic: Funny :-) Now, a temple to honour atheist Karunanidhi  (Read 6951 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Funny :-) Now, a temple to honour atheist Karunanidhi
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/jul/02/now-a-temple-to-honour-atheist-karunanidhi.htm

Loyalty to the leader of a political party knows no bounds, going by what a Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam  activist has done -- he is building a temple in honour of party president and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, a self-proclaimed atheist.

"The temple is almost in the finishing stages in 5 cents of land I own at Samireddipalli near Gudiyatham (Vellore district) at a cost of about Rs 2 lakh", District panchayat Councellor G R Krishnamoorthy, the man behind it, said.

He said the temple, with a two-and-a-half foot idol of 'Kalaignar' would be opened to the public soon after laying of tiles was completed. 

Krishnamoorthy said he was inspired to build the temple after seeing how welfare schemes brought out by his leader, especially 'Kalaingar Kappitu Thitam (free insurance scheme for poor) had helped many downtrodden families in his area. 

"All those who benefited from this scheme suggested I construct a temple for Kalaignar (Karunanidhi), prompting me to undertake the task," he said.

"Though our leader is an atheist, we accept him as our 'God' as he has saved the lives of thousands of poor, not only from my region but also throughout the state through the free insurance scheme," he said.

"It (temple) has been constructed for us to worship him. I don't think our thaliavar (leader) will oppose to it", he replied when asked if the chief minister would oppose his move.

He said the temple has huge pillars with photographs of Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin and state Law Minister Durai Murugan.

"Apart from this, a small park is also being set up near the temple for children", he said, adding, he also plans to set up a library to showcase Karunanidhi's literary work in Tamil.

He said the temple, with the symbol of the rising sun (DMK party symbol), has an inscription saying "Kettal kudupathu Kadavul, ketkamale kudukkum Kadavul Thamizhina Thalaivar Kalaignar (God will give only if you ask, but Kalaignar will give you without being asked)".

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Funny :-) Now, a temple to honour atheist Karunanidhi
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:27:23 AM »

Dear prasanth,

Tamizh Nadu is famous for all counter cultures.  There have
been already stone images for Karunanidhi, Annadurai, MGR
Periyar Ramasamy, and even Kamaraj.  No wonder they are now
constructing a Temple for Karunanidhi. 

Earlier before DMK/AIADMK came to power, there was only
some stone images for great people like Mahatma Gandhi,
U.V. Swaminatha Iyer [in the compound of Madras Presidency
College] and Dr. Rangachari [in the compound of Madras General Hospital].  Then came about 10 or 12 statues for Kannagi, [who
knows how she looked? She had lived in 4th Century AD!],
Avvaiyar [ no one knows her date], Tiruvalluvar [3rd Century AD],
and a few others.  Then came plethora of statues.  When you
travel by car from Bangalore to Chennai en route Tamizh Nadu,
[i.e Krishnagiri, Vellore, Kanchipuram]  you can count easily 200
statues!  For the cinema actress Kushboo, I am told there is a
private temple.  Long live Tamizh Culture.   Pujas are performed
in the cemetry of MGR and Annadurai, in Marina Beach, and camphors are burnt. Some knowledgeable Tamizhians give a tonsure to their children, near these cemetries!

One Tamizh new wave poet wrote a haiku:  "In Marina beach,
[where there are 10 or 12 statues], we have built latrines for
the crows!"

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
well said Subramanian garu.

As guru ramana says The attempts of so-called social reformers, to do away with such classes or divisions as varnasrama has created, have not succeeded.

The only solution is for each man to realise his true nature.

Irrespective of how many number of people like Periyar Ramasamy.. come and go our scriptures stand rock solid.

Even i heard some people built temple for film actress Kushboo and again destroyed it?

Anyhow when i heard this news i thought people involved in this great venture are mad people  :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
In every big temples, they have installed Periyar's statue in front of Sri Rangam, and many other temples, obvious of its intention of spreading hatred

I heard something about what happened in Tirupati temple by a leading recent politician of AP which I don't want to write here. Its shocking...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:32:40 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 06:02:06 PM »
Dear Nagraj Garu,

Andhra Pradesh is famous for its dowry business in marraiges and the politician you are speaking might be Adi kesava naidu.

He is into liquor business and wonder how he was appointed in major post in tirumala.

There are many controversies in tirumala now and better not to talk about them sir.

I think we(A.P people) need to learn a lot from Tamil people and kannadigas in many ways.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

Dear prasanth,

If you dig into the 'personality' of many famous people in India today, you will find that there are "skeletons in the cupboard."   When I was in Hyderabad during the famous high strung Telengana agitation, in December 2009, one gentleman said something shocking about the man (I forgot his name) who was fasting and was near death. He said that he would address people in the meetings with foul language (all expletives...) and without consuming one bottle of liquor, he would not even start the speech.  Now along with politicians, cinema artists, some 'gurus' have also joined the list.

Arunachala Siva.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »
HaHaHa

Subramanian garu , the politician's name is k.C.R.

When i was studying my Msc in chennai during 2001-2003 i used to stay in outskirts of chennai called kelambakkam and people used to tell me many stories regarding karunanidhi son Stalin which were shocking.

What to do sir as guru ramana says better we not involve in correcting few persons which is not worth.

When gandhiji has died and few disturbances were happening in arunachalam it seems bhagavan was busy correcting proof of some devotional book.

So this tells the story that there is no use trying to reform few persons in our society but rather complete our business in this world i.e purpose why we came here.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »

Dear prasanth,

Mr. Karunanidhi's another son is Mr. Azhagiri.  He is staying Madurai.
He is known for his not palatable activities.  Ms. Jayalalitha says
Mr. Azhagiri has murdered at least a dozen people.  This gentleman
was given a ticket in the recent parliamentary elections and has the
won the seat.  Mr. Karunanidhi made him a Minister in the Union
Government.  There are only a few MPs in the history of post Independent India who have been made a Minister.  This gentleman
is yet to speak one sentence in the parliament!  Just because Mr.
Azhagiri has been made a Union Minister, the other son, Mr. Stalin
became angry.  So Mr. Karunanidhi has made him the Deputy
Chief Minister of Tamizh Nadu.  Another daughter of Mr. Karunanidhi has been a Member of Rajya Sabha, she is Ms. Kanimozhi.

Arunachala Siva.       

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »
It is a world where always a war in between Dharma and Adharma. Sastras say SATYAMEVA JAYATHE.
But sathyam comes very late and wins. Good people always get suffering in all the yugas. It is Kaliyuga
so there is lots of suffering for good people. In Tamil there is a proverb. ARASAN AANDU KOLVAN, DEIVAM NINRU KOLLUM. I think this Ninru means... nintru and nithanamaga... i.e. slow and steady. Therefore it takes long, long time to wipe out bad things in society. They say, they do not believe in God. They believe in PAGUTHARIVU
But can they say whether the breath which goes in their body, it is sure it would come out. No body can tell.
Birth and death are in the hands of God. When they can not tell about their own life how they can be God.
Of course God the supreme witness everything. We believers have faith. It will take care of everything.
They say they do not believe in sastras. Previously Karunanidhi was wearing black towel over his body. But now he wears Yellow cloth. He might have consulted some astrologer. When the guru graha is weak, astrologer says,
we have to worship Guru bhagavan. Offering yellow flower, yellow vastram (cloth) and Chenna to Guru.
Anything can happen in Tamil nadu. Other state people say Tamil Nadu is progressing. I think it is all of the Karuna of the saints who are taking samadhi in tamil nadu. 63 nayenmars, 12 Alzhwars, Bhagavan Ramana are saving the people of Tamil nadu. Because they are having UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »

Dear Ramanaduli,

It is quite interesting to see some aspects of these Dravidian
[atheistic] leaders.  Mr. Karunanidhi wearing a yellow towel is
quite known to everyone and they also know the reasons.  Further
he is wearing a ring given by Sri Satya Sai Baba, who, I am told
came to his house to present it! 

A few years back, when Ms. Jayalalitha was the Chief Minister of
Tamizh Nadu to arrest Mr. Karunanidhi for some reasons.  When
policemen came and dragged him, he shouted O Muruga, Muruga!.
This video came in Sun TV live.  Later it was removed from that
scene, and the rest of it was shown for quite some days.

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 07:53:24 PM »
Dear Subramaniyan ji,

In fact Karunanidhi's parents were very pious. They used to go to have Darshan of Guru Dakshnamoorthy in Madapuram. They were not having issues for long time and prayed to Him. It is His grace of Mahan they were blessed and Karunanidhi was born. His original name is Dakshnamoorthy. Later everybody knows. One must visit this Madapuram where this Mahan is in Jeeva Samadhi. I heard this, in every pongal day, they keep Sakkarai pongal cooked in a pot and they keep under the samadhi which is very hot always. I have not gone there but many people told me. Athiest cannot change whole state however they take painful actions instead lots of people are going to temples do pujas, yagam, pada yatra. We get so many magazines like Amman darisanam, jnana alayam, bhakthi etc. etc.  After the temple of Karunanidhi, they may have endowment dept. People take padha yatra, give their heir, fire walk, pal kudam and pal abhishekam. It shows all atheist also have faith on something. Nothing may affect who does Atma vicharam.

Ramanaduli