Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi says to see god in other external objects is not real  (Read 16771 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Ramana Maharshi says to see god in other external objects is not real
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 06:57:48 PM »
वीक्षा स्वस्य परस्य चेति गदितं ग्रन्थेषु वीक्षाद्वयं
तत्तत्त्वं किमिति ब्रवीमि घटते वीक्षा कथं न्वात्मनः।
एकत्वान्न स वीक्ष्यते यदि परं वीक्षेत को वा कथं
ईशस्यौदनभावमेव गणय स्वेक्षां परेक्षामपि॥

Two (types of) vision are mentioned in the sacred lore, namely, vision of the Self and vision of God. I shall say what they really mean: How can there be vision of the Self? Since He cannot be seen, for the reason that He is One (with the would-be seer), who is there to see God. (who is just the Real Self), and how? Know that the vision of the Self and the vision of God (alike) consist in (the ego) becoming food for God.

चैतन्यद्युतिमेष चिन्मयतनुर्मत्यै प्रयच्छन् स्वयं
आत्मत्वेन सदैव भाति हि मतेरन्तरस्तुरीयश्शिवः ।
तत् तस्मिन् विनियोजनं ह्रदि मतेरन्तर्मुखीकृत्य तां
हित्वा तं प्रभवेत् कथं वद परं मत्यैव मन्तुं नरः ॥

This blissful and transcendental Being, who is Pure Consciousness, is ever shining within the mind as Himself, the Real Self, imparting to the mind the light of consciousness. Such being the case, how can a man know Him by turning it inwards?

Salutations to Sri Ramana
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »
Dear prasanth_ramana_maharshi,

Thanks for your links.
However I am not searching for any guru.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »

Dear everyone,

Very nice exchange of discussions.  Bhagavan Ramana said both the
things.  He said that to see God outside as real is in the beginning
of Sadhana.  Later the sadhak finds himself as the Self.  Even after
this, the sadhak sees the world or God outside, as Real, in the sense that every object and being are only Brahma Swarupam for him.

Even a die hard Advaiti, once he starts addressing the world, has to
be become a dvaiti implicitly.  This is inevitable. Otherwise he cannot teach anyone else.   But while teaching such a disciple,
the advaiti (one who has attained the Self and not a mere theoretical advaiti) he sees the disciple also as the Self and only some impurities are covering him. 

That is why Bhagavan Ramana had said on a number of occasions, that He was seeing everyone as Jnani and there are no ajnanis at all.  Everyone is a Jnani covered with some impurities. (malas).

That is why Bhagavan Ramana said in Verse 37 of ULLadu Narpadu:-

"During the search, duality; on attainment, unity, -- This doctrine is also false.  When eagerly he sought himself and later when he found himself, the tenth man in the story was the tenth man and none else."  (The story of Dasaman, tenth man, should be known to members.)"               

Sri J. Jayaraman, the Chief Librarian of Sri Ramanasramam Centenary Library told me, (when I had visited him on 19th and
20th June 2010):  Perhaps this conflict only made Sri Ramanuja to
propound the doctrine of qualified non dualism.  Yamunacharya
taught Ramanuja Advaitam.,   He said:  You are the Self.  Sri
Ramanuja should have also attained advaita siddhi.  But he had
the conflict, how to teach others?  So the best way is to make a doctrine of Visishtadvaitam. 

Bhagavan Ramana said that all the four great Saiva saints (Tiru
Jnana Sambandha, Tirunavukkarasar, Sundaramurty, and Manikkavachagar) indicate even in their first verses, that they are Self realized.  Then why should they write plethora of poems.
Jnana Sambandha wrote more than 8000 verses, and so was
Saint Tirunavukkarasar, Sundaramurty wrote about 1000.  Saint
Manikkavachagar wrote slightly less than 1000.  In these verses, they say: "I am useless, I am lowlier than a dog.  I am not able to overcome by kama and karma.  Please grace me!"  Why all these words?  These are all for US and not for them!  Each one became a dvaiti and started teaching others, about the travails of a human life in seeking Sivam.

Arunachala Siva.