Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi says faith and love are our real nature  (Read 1617 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Ramana Maharshi says faith and love are our real nature
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
D: “I find it difficult to believe in a personal God. In fact I find it impossible. But I can believe in an impersonal God, a Divine Force which rules and guides the world, and it would be a great help to me, even in my work of healing, if this faith were increased. May I know how to increase this faith?”

After a slight pause Bhagavan replied, “Faith is in things unknown; but the Self is self-evident. Even the greatest egoist cannot deny his own existence, that is to say, cannot deny the Self. You can call the ultimate Reality by whatever name you like and say that you have faith in it or love for it, but who is there who will not have faith in his own existence or love for himself? That is because faith and love are our real nature.”

Source: DAY BY DAY WITH BHAGAVAN From the Diary of A. DEVARAJA MUDALIAR

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ramana Maharshi says faith and love are our real nature
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:35:54 PM »

The self evident "I-amness" is common to all.  Whether one
believes in a particular god with form or even a formless Supreme,
one has to believe his own existence, which is "I- amness". 

Further Brahmasri Nochur Venkataraman says:  Whether, he is an
Arabic, or a Christian or a Moslem or a Hindu or a Parsi, if you
call him in a crowd:  "Hey, Arafat,[ Abraham, Ibrahim, or Hari, Palkhivala ] where are you?", he would say:  "I am here."  He will touch his right chest and say, "I am Arafat!".  No doubt he is touching his body, but he is pointing out his centre of Heart.  He is showing the "I-amness"!  No one can deny his self evident 'I am-ness".

Arunachala Siva.