Author Topic: Pearl String  (Read 2474 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Pearl String
« on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
Dear I,

Today, it just occured to me, we all, Bhagavans devotees, (not only Sri Ramana Devotees, but others as well) are like pearls beeds strung together with "Sri Ramana" thread.

Really how fortunate are we? to be strung with Sri Ramana thread !

Sometimes, its like, one who stays in Arunachala forgets how fortunate one is to be in that great town even residing there! Similarly, we all are just so fortunate to be in Sri Ramana family...

really wonderful...

Gratitude..

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Pearl String
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Dear Nagaraj garu,

I agree with you.

As guru ramana used to say "power cannot be denied" for the question why he had chosen "arunachala" .

Once Dr Raju said in this forum as below

Dear Srk Udai,
                   I am fully aware that body age is not related to spiritual understanding it is quite surprising that a 30yr old young person like you is endowed with so much understanding and i am also surprised to see people vegetating in Tiruvannamalai for the past thity years without any understanding whatsoever,leading a mechanical life there and highly egoistic because of the qualification of their just staying at Tiruvannamalai instead of their native place.You have a great future because your present is great.

So living in arunachalam has advantages only when it goes hand-in-hand with our constant self-enquiry sadhana.

Ramana's family consists of members who follow his teachings irrespective of which place they reside.

If going to arunachalam can increase their faith/devotion and help in their sadhana then it is always suggested to visit the HOLY PLACE.

amiatall

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
Greetings,

To my mind anything that is to help our sadhana is acceptable. If on the other hand one fasts his body but follows no mental discipline what use of this fasting? Same with everything.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:03 AM »

Dear everyone,

Once Devaraja Mudaliar asked Bhagavan Ramana:  "Whether it is
really true that one who lives within three yojanas [about 21 miles]
will attain liberation without diksha etc.."  Bhagavan Ramana told
him:  Oye, where is the doubt?  It is Supreme Court order.  How
can it be otherwise?  (meaning it is Siva vachanam, in Sri Arunachala Mahatmyam." 

This is the point of different opinions in this Forum.  Brahmasri
Nochur says: "First consider with full bhvana that Arunachalam is
the Self.  (Verse 1 of Sri AAMM)  Then this would automatically come true.  That is with that bhavana, if you remain within three yojanas, you will attain mukti without any formal inititation."

Verse 1 can be interpreted in two ways:

1. Those who contemplate Arunachalam in the Heart......

2.  Those who consider with full bhavana that Arunachalam is the Self.

There could still be many thousands who reside in Tiruvannamalai
and do not become Bhagavan's devotees.  This is like living in
Kasi and not taking bath in Ganga!  These people are called Kshetra Papis, the sinners in a Holy Place.

Arunachala Siva. 

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
sri bhagavan once said that many trains pass through tiruvannamalai, only some of the trains stopped at the annamalai station. out of the many people travelling in that train, only a few came out to annamalai. Out of the people who came to tiruvannamalai, it were only a handful who came to the ashram!

we should all be grateful that we are one of those handful, chosen, extremely lucky ones, who remember sri bhagavan, recall his name - ramana and bow to arunachala! No matter how much the travails of life, we should not worry. sri bhagavan is there with us...we should all just remember this and be extremely happy.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
well said Lakshmi garu.