Author Topic: Swami Vivekananda kind answer to few young, half clad women  (Read 1634 times)

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Swami Vivekananda had once mistakenly wandered off into to a red light area of a country, not understanding the subtle warnings of those with him. Suddenly he found amidst a few young, half clad women, amorously accosting him with objectionable gesticulations. He was shocked to see them like that.

Moved by pity and compassion, tears rolling down his cheeks, he asked them with a choked voice, '' O my Motherhood, what a pity, why did you have to stoop down to this level? How can I help you come out??''

The women deeply moved in turn, their vulgarity completely evaporated in a moment of facing the purity of Swamiji, hurried to cover themselves weeping.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Swami Vivekananda kind answer to few young, half clad women
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »

Dear prasanth,

There is also a story where one dancing girl (of profession of disrepute), was giving a dance performance and Swami Vivekananda,
was staying in another room, in a rich man's house.  He did not want to go and see the dance thinking in mind about her profession of ill-
repute.  At that time, she was singing song with a meaning that
what she could do when the God had given that birth to her?  How can such a great ascetic mistake me for God's leelas?

This song moved Swami Vivekananda and he came to watch the
dance performance and at the same time, praying to Kali for forgiveness, for his sense of differences in human beings, for the
faults which are not their own.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Re: Swami Vivekananda kind answer to few young, half clad women
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »
Thanks for this info Subramanian Garu.