Author Topic: Tension and boring  (Read 2602 times)

ramanaduli

• View Profile
Tension and boring
« on: June 12, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
Now a days every one is saying there is full of tension and life is boring. Even a 1std school going kid is saying I got tensed and bored. Before 50 years it is not like that. Why it is happening? I think people is living far away from the natural life.

Some where I read it... God gives gives gives and forgives
but man gets gets gets and forgets.....
no gratitude  to anybody.

Ramanaduli

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Tension and boring
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
A person who was standing by, just watched some 8 - 10 people running frantically together each trying to run faster and faster. Seeing them he asked one of them, "hey, why and where are you guys running?,' to which, one guy who was running, turned his head, and as he was running, answered, "hmm, I don't know, I saw they were all running and so I also joined them, come you too join us"

Thats how the world is functioning today, we're dancing to the dictates of the society and its trends!

The society and its culture makes it mandatory to BE something, and practically imposes certain standards for happiness! They would be along the lines of:

1. One should be very worldly wise - today we see kids who are catagorised a prodigy, there is immense presure on other kids and the spirit behind that is to outperform each other.

2. One's standard of living should be better than the others for happiness

3. One has to perform so many sacrifices and pujas so as to seem "pious" in the eyes of others for their happiness

4. One has to be very orthodox or very NON-orthodox to make a statement about oneself and one's happiness.

5. One has to own very many luxuries in order to be happy.

6. One has to be modern, and being religious is the straightest and shortest road to becomming an outcaste

7. Irony of ironies - Today if you follow rules you are termed "Gandhi", Its too cool to break rules, and pay couple of bucks to the cop and get away and talk about it to friends and laugh about it

8. You MUST be up to date on "current affairs", (which is invariably a rendition of other people's "affairs") daily happenings in the 24 Hr news channels and you need to giveout your "esteemed" opinions to the "stalwarts" to maintain your aura of intelligence and earn their respect and awe so that it may be of some use tomorrow (never mind that you don't even know what your parent / spouse / child likes, and you have no "time" to find out what they think or feel and if you even use the word Guru - damn you!!!)

9. You have to maintain relationships so that they could be of use to you tomorrow and NEVER for just pure love.

10. You ought to earn your food.

11. You should own a luxury car, bike, model house, have a cook, servent.

12. You should have some clout with some political guy or some big guy,

13. You should visit some new restaurents, pubs, mingle, especially if you are single!! (a bachelor who goes to the temple or reads a religious book is verily a freak of nature and should not be associated with at all, lest you be tainted as well. Sorrow of sorrows, it is mostly the parents who insist that these "abnormal" people be cut off from their childrens' lives)  

14. Once in a year, go to Tirupathi, Srirangam, etc... and dissolve your Paapams or sins.

15. You have to be employed in a big company

16. You need to earn a minimum of 50k tp 1lac for a decent living

17. You should have travelled abroad, worked there and earned in dollars

18. Its cool to have your own house, 72" Plasma TV, Apple Mac comp, Ipod, and all the latest gadgets

19. Contrary to point 13, YOu should be too spiritual to leave a mark or statement, show everybody that you are apiritual, and you are close to Guru-hood. You should be associated with some organisations, spiritual org.Philanthropic  org., Spiritual Gurus, Service oriented, etc... to raise your esteem and earn respect and admiration

20. You should leave your family and parents in dire want and perhaps even hunger and go do "service" in these organisations.

21. You should shout loudly at people when they make mistake and fight back for the same reason when somebody else shouts at us.

22. You should wear cool clothes, otherwise you belong to the  old school of thought and hence have no place in the world... you are past your sell by date!

23. You should observe Madi and Aacharams to be too orthodox and earn the respect of being very orthodox

24, you should know by heart all slokas, the Gita, Sahasranaamams etc.. so that you can sing to others just so that they know that you know all these even without seeing the script.

25. Gratitude, sharing happiness and sorrows are to be avoided for your happiness!

26. You will be made to not follow rules.

27. Even if you want a legal bill, you will not be given for it is stupid to pay tax.

28. Today, only if you decorate Gods in temple and at homes with countless flowers, you will experience divinity, and the presence of Gods

29. Killing cockroaches at home is essential

30. Ants get killed by themselves as they come on our way and we stamp them even without noticing it.

31. Stones are to be thrown at dogs, They cant come near you, we should get scared or shout at them and pish them off.

32. You should wear a new dress ever week atleast.

33. Have a cell phone, talk for long time, gossip

34. discuss others' personal life & pass judgement about what is right and wrong.

35. Make our lives "easy" by encouraging nuclear plant, modern vehicles,spoil the earth and then pop in Vitamin tablets.

36. When you go for Purohit duty, you phone should ring some cinema song, and you should talk in between homams and while chanting mantras.

37. Adamance can get you what ever you want, thats a cool attitude

38. You should have/own a Panchayatana Puja only after retirement, you should do Puja etc... only when we get time for it. (which is basically after you finish exporting your child to some fancy place abroad and are stuck alone and jobless at home - what our grandparents used to simply say - saagara kaalathula shankara shankaraa!! Meaning, you take the lord's name on your dying breath after wasting your entire life on frivolous and trivial things not even worth thinking about)

39. Learning vedas at young age is wasting time. there is time for all these in future, not now

40. Irregular food habits and at odd times.

41. By the age of 4 - 5 you should know your ambition, what you want to become, Doctor, Computer professional, etc... and also be able to dance like adults, sing like adults, talk like adults

42. you should be able to tell PJ's poor jokes and be smart

43. you should get within first 5 ranks

44. Its fashionable to be Naughty and Mischievous ......

The list can continue endlessly...

One has to enquire Who am 'I' enquire into Self...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:30:32 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »

Dear Ramanaduli,

Nagaraj has given an excellent reply.  We are all running, running,
running all through our lives with out being still and looking within.
This tension in the worldly life is necessary to some extent.  Otherwise, a person loses all motivation in life.  One should
neither be like high a strung bow nor like a bow where the string is loosened completely.  There must be some spring action, in the bow.

From another point of view, we are increasing our tension by increasing our desires.  We keep on collecting trophies and the
glass cupboard is full of trophies - still we do not stop.  This is
what is not advised in life.

In management, they used to say, after careful preparation and
winning an interview for promotion, the person promoted gets
depression.  This is called Success Depression.  He does not
sit and enjoy his promoted status.  Somehow he feels depressed
and restless.  Why?  Because he wants to quickly prepare for another promotional interview, this time the goal is a bigger cabin
and three telephone lines and a more cozy sofa and a lot more of power!

Where is the end?

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:36:28 PM »
Dear Nagaraj ji

What you said it is 100% true. My childhood days were not like this. But I am worried to see my grand kid's days.
There is no way to escape for them. They are trapped in this modern clutch. Every day every minute seeing them and comparing the life to olden days, I chant Bhagavan's name and His words.. who am I.
The no.41 what you have quoted is 100% correct. In Madras, I do not want to tell the name of the school. when the parents go for the kid's admission they are asked by the school head master, which line you want to put your kid, whether doctor, engineer according to that field we would shape him.
In my days, we were taught to be honest and true. At the end I feel I am not fit to this world.
all parents want to be identified by their children like she is the mother of super kid, successful boy etc. etc.
It is kali kalam. that is all.

Ramanaduli

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
what nagaraj has replied is so true. the other day a girl and her mother came for the paatu class. I was just about finishing mine. the girl  also wanted to learn veena and was pestering her mother. the mother said "you dont have any time. You are already going to 2 coaching institutes for your IIT preparation. apart from that you have your school studies and have to prepare now onwards for your class 12 exams. and you have music class also. learn veena when you complete studies and get settled in life.". i asked which class she was in. she said 9th std! gulp! when i was in class 9, there only used to be talk of the next years board exam. and that too only talk! and now, they join coaching to prepare for IIT JEE!!

I somehow felt very bad for that girl. she had an ambitious mother, who looked like she had complete control over her daughter's life and would decided everything for her. and the girl, although not timid, was dutiful and careful not to disspoint her mother. she didnt even get into an argument! imagine she was being thrust into something she wasnt much interested and was not being allowed to pursue veenai!

i seriously believe that today parents bring children into this world just to satiate their unfulfilled desires. No time given to children just to relax at home, or hang around in the kitchen waiting for mom to make nice eatbles and enjoy just the mundane pleasures of life!

I am so thankful to my parents who just let me be. I have now taken a break from my job and pursue learning carnatic vocal music and veena!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
In response to the incident in Lakshmi's post, I thought this would be very appropriate. Anyone who ever has a child or is involved in any role in the upbringing of a child SHOULD read and remember this. These are the words of a famous poet...

On Children

Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
Dear Nagaraj ji,

Very beautiful quotes. This should be printed as a greeting card and to be given to the people when they
become a parent.

Ramanaduli

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Dear I,  (ramanaduliji)

Yes, when we see the current scenario, we just feel the need for the people around, our society, culture to change for good, its our souls deepest desire for such happiness. Sri Ramana Bhagavan also says the same -

Every souls desire for Happiness, and there is nothing wrong in it, but the only mistake we make is to depend our happiness on external change, but real happiness lies within ourselves. That happiness is absolutely independent from any external disturbances. The world will keep going, great souls like Sri Ramana Bhagavan keep coming to restore faith in humanity and Self.

Even after any turbulance in our society, after hearing so many untoward incidents, etc.. when we look at Bhagavan, we get attracted to our Self, that eternal peace.

Thelivu Guruvin Thirumeni Kaandal - Clarity is seeing the holy form of Guru

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta