Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi didnt left anyone to be the guru of the present  (Read 2028 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Dear friends, One question is bothering me these days.Whay many gurus,realy realised souls,like Ramana Maharshi,Yogananda,Swami Vivekananda didnt left anyone to be guru in the present time.Sri Ramana Maharshi left his teachings,told us that He is always with us.Vivekananda also in some other way,and Yogananda said also that love will be our guru.I know that we dont need leaving master to grow spiritualy and realise ourselfs. But,before every guru was putting some other realised soul on his place to lead humanity.Whay then that is not necesary now?What is the real reason behind that?Coz many of them did the same thing.Im intersted what any of you think. Thank you! And im sorry for my bad writhing eanglish.

amiatall

Re: Ramana Maharshi didnt left anyone to be the guru of the present
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:31:56 AM »
We can play and fantasize some reasons.

1. Guru is always present, it was their stand. They didn't think of others as someone who needed a Guru, they saw Guru everywhere and in everyone. They regarded everyone as That.

2. This age is coming to an end. No outside gurus will be needed soon, as 'inner divine will' will prevail. (just some intuitive rambling...)

3. They went nowhere in the first place, so there is no question of leaving something after.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:57:48 AM »
Yes,it can be all that.Well i was intersted in that coz they had many folowers...But i think your signature(Ramana Maharshi tehnique) answered in the best way.So many times i had that sort of questions,and then after talking with myself i see how stupid and meaningless it was.:-) Thank you!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »

A.

Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi had no guru in body.  He has clarified
this position many times in His conversations:

1.  He said that there might have been a Guru for Him in the
previous birth and that guru's work was over and so he did not
come in the present birth.

2.  He said that Atma is the Guru, who pulls you into the Heart,
and prevents your mind jumping outside for any worldly activities,
which are not essential.

3.  He has also said Arunachala Himself was His Guru.  This is
more evident from Verse 19 of Sri Arunachala Akshara Mana Maalai
and other poems. 

4.  Bhagavan Ramana has also said a few times, the guru in
physical body, will attract you on his own, at the appropriate time,
and you need not make deliberate search for him.

B.

For the same reasons, Bhagavan Ramana did not leave any
guru-paramapara (lineage of guru, like Sri Sankara, through his
four Maths) and left individual devotees to make their own choices.  But the fact remains, that many devotees had come to Him after
His leaving the mortal remains, since they 'found' in his Samadhi,
the Guru they needed.  This is the power, He is emanating from
His Samadhi.

Arunachala Siva.     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »
nobody becomes Guru nor is a Guru made, It is not knowledge that makes one a Guru, its not respect a person gets that makes a Guru, Guru is not something attained, It is not some siddhi that makes one Guru.

Guru is that Tattva which cannot be explained at all. It is nothing that we even think of makes one Guru. It is that Aatma Tatva itself, which is impossible to understand.

Entire Vedas themselves fall short to describe that effulgence. how then can we know what determines a Guru.

all of the greats - Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Yogananda, Sri Ramakrishna did not assume Guru-hood nor they even cared about the title "Guru"

They are beyond any thing that we catagorise them to be.

They are not at all identifyable with the body. they are not "Person" as well.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:17:49 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta