Author Topic: where is the room for doubt VI  (Read 1067 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
where is the room for doubt VI
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »
From the begining I was opposed to the operation, though the doctor said it was a simple affair.It was a clot outside the brain. I was persuaded, almost pressurised to agree to it. On November 4, I was to enter the hospital. But i insisted on meeting Dr. Narayana Reddy, the superintended of NIMHANS, who was said to be very much in favour of the operation. The appointment was fixed at 2 p.m. on Oct 31. But at the last moment it was cancelled because he had to leave for england. He left a note saying that Dr. Varma, the former superintendent and a famous name in neuro-sciences could be consulted for his opinion. I was happy because i had all along been wanting to meet him, but my doctor friend who  arranges scanning, test, etc., and accompanies me always could not arrange the meeting. But now it became imperative.

On the first of this month, we met him. He advised a second scan on the 10th, i.e., a month after the first, since there had been considerable improvement in my condition. so, the operation fixed for 4th had to be cancelled. I breathed relief!

Yesterday noon, the scan was taken and we saw dr.varma at 4.45 p.m. when he saw the scan he was amazed and jumped with joy. he asked my doctor friend who was sitting by my side in the consultation room " where is the clot!? it has mysteriously dissapeared! such have not happened". he said. he added " this is a rare instance". he attributed this happening to the complete rapport between the doctor and the patient.

I had my own opinion ofcourse. an occult surgery had been performed by a benign (divine) being, whose motherly interest in me made it obligatory on him to intervene and whose grace had been invoked by you and others for my cure. Your concern for my health throughout has been extraordinary and I am deeply grateful.

-N. Balarama Reddy - Letter to the editor, [

M.P, 1987 Jan, 15-16]

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: where is the room for doubt VI
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »

Dear SLakshmi,

Yes. Such things had happened in a number of devotees' lives and
are happening even today. I came out of my drug habit (actually
it was higher doses of anxiolytes and not psychedelic drugs)
when Bhagavan Ramana helped me.

Arunachala Siva.